New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

[Prison]

Cat doesn't seem to be awake enough to feel the full effect the smile should have. It's probably a good thing.
    Being close to a huldra for a long time is bad for the hormones and stuff.

Cat will get up and try to make herself appear sort of decent.

''Yes, that's the plan. First the map.''
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

2. - Top - End - #482

[Prison]

Messing with the hormones and stuff is kind of the idea. Though if Freddie had known that this was going to happen he would have targeted someone else for his illusion rather than Cat. Now that these people have seen him he can't very well go and alter his form without arousing too much suspicion.

So he'll just have to keep arousing Cat instead.

He opens up the lock and pockets the key, stepping outside before motioning for Cat to follow.

Once she's out of the cell he'll head off toward the gate of the city!

They'll just have to walk their way back to the welcoming bar and ask for that new map.

Hopefully they won't be accosted by anything horrible on the way.

"Did you sleep well?" he inquires conversationally.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Lairan Hold

Marty's eyes widen with hope. She d-did! What d-did she say?! Wait....Yes, I'm me. You're? He looks desperate. He just wanted to see Shada.
    He turns to Marty, seems on the verge of saying something, but then bites his tongue. He walks between two trees, turns and paces back, always on the brink of telling Marty everything.

But then at the last moment he turns to the young Shifters and addresses them instead. Perhaps he can help Marty in a way not likely to be seen as treachery. "What is the first Law of Laira?"

Perfectly in unison, they answer his call. "Obey Andaress, Sir!"

"What is the second Law of Laira?"

"Never aid Outsiders, Sir!"

"What is the third Law of Laira?"

"Any creature wishing to live free of all bonds and rule may do so in one of the three Ungoverned Holds, and will never be judged or touched by Andaress' will, Sir!" Goodness, that one's slightly longer. Long enough that several of the Shifter children had gotten lost halfway through and the sentence breaks up towards the end as people finish at different times. Technically it isn't even a law, but when has a small technicality like that ever bothered their goddess?

Still, no matter what form it's pretending to be, it's a sentence that pretty well describes where Shada would have gone. Newly freed from slavery, a Hold with no form of government would sound very appealing.

With a dismissive nod he looks back towards Marty, giving a knowing smile. "So many laws and rules. You see why I cannot help you find her?" He motions for Marty to follow him towards the camp once more. "Please Brother Elf, stay for the night. Laira isn't safe when the shadows grow." And sure enough, dusk is approaching.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

Marty frowns. Shada would have gone to the ungoverned holds...She'd escape whoever this Andaress person was. He already didn't like this goddess. "I...no. I have a guide. Please, what are the holds? Please....

5. - Top - End - #485
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shifter Hold]

"Oh yes, trusting a dragon. That worked out so well for us." Oooh, bitter. Although, to be fair, Lathe and Misha had had great fun invading their Hold a few years previously, scorching everything and killing every living creature there.

But if he would risk the vampires, werecreatures, direcreatures and other night evils, it was entirely up to him.

"There are fifteen. Ours is the safest." Of course, that's probably an entirely biased statement. "Which one would you like to know of? Of them all, the one you want to avoid is the Hold of the Tyrant, or as their ruler likes to call it: The Hold of Undying Joy. It's the closest aside from the gnolls. Avoid it. At any costs."

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

Marty looks rather frustrated. Where would Shada have gone? "I...you don't...everyone deserves trust...some just don't keep it...please, which direction did Shada go? Which general direction?"

7. - Top - End - #487

[Prison]

Poor Cat's brain and feelings.
    Anyway! She'll follow him out of the cell door, making sure it's locked.
    "Meh, as good as one can in a cell in a dangerous place..."
    She sounds a bit grumpy, not a morning person and her dreams weren't all that pleasant.
    She scratches the back of her head, messing up her hair.
    "And you? Had some rest? Did anything happen while I was out?"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

8. - Top - End - #488
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Necanth Prison- Train

The hatches lead to small lockers and other containers. Most are empty, having been looted of anything of use. However, tucked away in a corner of one of the hatches is a first aid kit containing healing potions, antidotes, alchemical skin and other such things that don't rely on natural healing- without time, there's no natural healing available. There's also a stack of prison guard uniforms piled in one- they're undisturbed, which is why the dirk concealed behind them is still there. It's good quality titanium on one edge, though the other is silver plated. The hilt is made of aluminium, and set with a black, faceted gemstone.
    Necanth Prison- Train

A first aid kit can never be wrong. So he takes them. He inspects the uniforms, even if they are hated he might get access where he won't pass through. Gladly that helps him finding the dirk concealed. Something he really needs ot kep close. Such materials help well against most non human people, maybe it can hurt deamons...

Then he will head up for the other storage.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- New London

When they go past his cell, Cannibal Joe waves. Bit further to the 'city wall'.

Necanth Prison- Train

The uniforms are exactly the same as the uniform the woman had, though these come in different sizes- not all are designed for humans- there's trousers with tail-holes, and one jacket has four sleeves.

The other storage lockers have personal effects inside- a diary with Arabic script written to about July, a collection of novelty lighters, packets of cigarettes, a jar of pickled onions, spare shoes, a small pouch of money, a dead rat in a cage, a butterfly collection, and a small, sealed gold box that apparently contains a saint's tooth. There's other, more mundane things in there too.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #490

[Prison]

"Eh... it was uneventful. I think I might have heard someone getting murdered," Freddie replies.

Yay for murder?

And then they're off!

Fredrick pointedly ignores the cannibal.

Which means no waving for him.

At all.

Not even a little.

He's got a gate to get to!

"This place might not be as strange as the Nexus, but it's a whole lot stranger..."

11. - Top - End - #491

[Prison[]

"Murdered? I'm not surprised. As long as it's not us." She says." Got to nom the ghost?" Got to get something positive out of it.
    Cat's too sleepy to notice the cannibal. So poor guy doesn't get a wave!
    "The nexus is strange, but this place... it's just scary.."
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

12. - Top - End - #492

[Adventure!]

Well.

That took altogether too long!

Back to the show!

Into the cave they go!

The limestone makes for a wonderful place for a cave to start and the presence of pick-axes, timbers, and mine carts suggests that it has been expanded by human endeavor. Though whether by the brigands or by miners that came before them?

That is hard to say. Though... one is left wondering what was mined here... Usually limestone caves aren't known for their mineral riches. Unless of course one is after limestone.

Anyway!

It's quite dark in here... Though there's a torch near the entrance currently unlit. The first chamber is large and a smaller passage leads off the west wall to higher portions of the tunnels.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Shifter Hold

Marty looks rather frustrated. Where would Shada have gone? "I...you don't...everyone deserves trust...some just don't keep it...please, which direction did Shada go? Which general direction?"
    "The three Unbonded Holds are on the three corners of Laira. And we are more or less in the center. I don't know which one she was headed to. But take my advice and head East. North and West are both rather... dangerous."

Dusk is rapidly approaching. The sunlight's fading and the young Shifters break up and return to their tents. Obviously, the Shifter finds it worrying. "Are you sure you wouldn't stay the night, Brother Elf? Many creatures of the night prowl Laira in search of prey."

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

Marty didn't like the sound of that! Not at all! He should rest. He could only imagine what the Sleeping Goblin was dealing with now...his inn was hardy though, and with caring employees. Tyalla knew Shada. Wait...Tyalla? She's a shifter! Er...I should stay...um...wait. Tyalla? You...knew her?

15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shifter Hold]

For a moment, the Shifter just meekly stares. "Y- you have news of Tea? What news? Where is she? She's alright?"

The name attracts attention from the surrounding tents. Suddenly the entire camp is quiet and listening.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

Marty frowns at the unwanted attention. Tea? Um...yes. She...she works for me, at my inn...she...you...she was a person. Um...duh? She came from here right? Yes..shes a shifter....though I've only seen her in one form.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shifter Hold]

He nods once, seems to realize the absolute silence, and clears his throat. "Tea was banished, you see. Perhaps we ought not speak of law-breakers." Of course, Marty's a law breaker too...

Did it suddenly become very cold in the camp? Cold and quiet and a whole lot more... ominous.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

I....Wait. Impossible. Tyalla is kind, gentle, and fun. There's no way she broke a law here. Why are there sklo many laws here? Like Cylar, there are thousands of stupid laws it seems. What did she do?

19. - Top - End - #499

Necanth Prison- Train

The uniforms are exactly the same as the uniform the woman had, though these come in different sizes- not all are designed for humans- there's trousers with tail-holes, and one jacket has four sleeves.

The other storage lockers have personal effects inside- a diary with Arabic script written to about July, a collection of novelty lighters, packets of cigarettes, a jar of pickled onions, spare shoes, a small pouch of money, a dead rat in a cage, a butterfly collection, and a small, sealed gold box that apparently contains a saint's tooth. There's other, more mundane things in there too.
    Necanth Prison- Train

Zefir will pick up everything he can think will be usefull. meaning the lighter, the cigars, the diary, the money and the box. After keeping all things he will go searching for another way out. The mundane things aren't really of intresst.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Orc in the Playground

The barricade has a new group of guards defending it. Their leader has a musket that has a cell bar for a barrel. "Do you have a visa to leave?" The musket-wielder is wearing an orange jumpsuit with an old guard's jacket over the top. Judging by the bloodstains, it was taken from a corpse.

Necanth Prison- Train

Besides the obvious doors, there's a ceiling hatch opening next to the wheel in the roof. Though there's nothing of interest on the roof.

So, outside the train, Zefir has a choice- a dark crack into a natural cavern, a loose grate, a lift shaft with light coming from above or to go back the way he came.

Also, if Zefir doesn't have any food, the jar of pickled onions might be useful- it is possible to starve here, after all (that's how the rat died).

21. - Top - End - #501

[Prison]

Well!

That wasn't what Freddie was expectin!

He wrinkles his nose a bit at the guy with the dirty suit and the crappy gun.

"A what?"

Freddie comes from a ye olde setting, remember?

He has no idea what a visa is or what it would be used for.

Though...

Given what the guy just said apparently you need one to leave the encampment? That seems kind of silly.

22. - Top - End - #502

[Prison]

Cat frowns. '' Why do we need a visa to leave?''
    She doesn't look happy.
    Sort of already regrets coming here... So much trouble...
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

"Because that way, if the orcs or the dead or anyone else attacks and have an aim they don't know about, we know who told them and what to do to them. Although killing them isn't always enough when it's the undead attacking. A visa is a permission slip from the Lord Mayor's office." The man looks a bit resigned. He's used to questions from newcomers

Also, 'ye' is pronounced 'the' because the Y represents an Anglo-Saxon letter that is no longer used. A Y is used instead because that's the letter which most resembles that 'th' letter.

24. - Top - End - #504

[Prison]

Learn something new every day on the Internets!

*ahem*

Freddie gives a sigh in response to this.

"Alright. Fine. Where do we find the mayor's office?"

This all seems needlessly complicated!

So very very needlessly complicated.

But better to go with the flow rather than stirring up trouble.

Trouble is the last thing they want.

25. - Top - End - #505

[prison]
    Well
    That's just stupid.
    Cat does not seem pleased.
    '' Fine, we'll go to the major. Just wanted to get a new map...'' She grumbles.
    Trying hard not to shock the idiot...
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

26. - Top - End - #506
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shifter Hold]

“Most laws are Hers.” He explains softly. There's a lot more he could say, but every word risks drawing the unwanted attention of something very powerful who is usually content to ignore them all.

“But Tea broke one of our own, almost killed a clan member. The punishment, banishment, was carried out under Her eyes, so it is entirely just.” He hesitates a moment longer, before saying mostly to himself, “it's good you travel with Rasha. I know of no-one better suited to shield you from Her eyes... and believe me, you don't want to draw Her attention. Ever. I wish you the best of luck finding your girl, truly I do, but the longer you stay, the more at risk you put my people, especially now that you deem it necessary to talk of Her in such a manner. Perhaps you ought to leave our Hold, Brother Elf.”

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

Marty now walks closer to the other elf, his gaze confrontational. "N-No! You're a liar! Tyalla wouldn't hurt anyone! Not on purpose! Her? You speak as if this goddeaa is your mistress. She seems t-to be more of a tyrant than a leader!"

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Adventure!]

Well.

That took altogether too long!

Back to the show!

Into the cave they go!

The limestone makes for a wonderful place for a cave to start and the presence of pick-axes, timbers, and mine carts suggests that it has been expanded by human endeavor. Though whether by the brigands or by miners that came before them?

That is hard to say. Though... one is left wondering what was mined here... Usually limestone caves aren't known for their mineral riches. Unless of course one is after limestone.

Anyway!

It's quite dark in here... Though there's a torch near the entrance currently unlit. The first chamber is large and a smaller passage leads off the west wall to higher portions of the tunnels.
    [Adventure!]

"Don't use any lights, better to get our eyes used to the darkness." Correl orders the other two as she/he steps into the darkness. "Just stand here a moment and then we shall head further inside. The bandits are likely using some sort of light source themselves so we let their lights lead us."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-20 at 03:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #509

Adventure!

Alfred shuts his eyes tight and quickly counts to thirty under his breath. He then begins creeping towards the passage on the left wall if someone doesn't try to stop him.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-05-20 at 07:58 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #510

Necanth Prison- Train

Besides the obvious doors, there's a ceiling hatch opening next to the wheel in the roof. Though there's nothing of interest on the roof.

So, outside the train, Zefir has a choice- a dark crack into a natural cavern, a loose grate, a lift shaft with light coming from above or to go back the way he came.

Also, if Zefir doesn't have any food, the jar of pickled onions might be useful- it is possible to starve here, after all (that's how the rat died).
    Necanth Prison- Train

Well a good idea, even if he doesn't love them he takes them. Better not starve here. After all he will only eat them if he has no other choice.

As a random even Zefir will have a look at the roof. After all you can't know that there is nothing important.^^ If there is nothing he will search for anything he could use as a torche and then head for the cavern.