New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

[Harnel's Birthday Party]

=x Sakura stands. There's nothing for it. She fidgets at her dress a bit and then starts to move. She was better off with the singing. With only limited experience, and none dancing alone, the dryad is rather awkward. Dancing with Adir was significantly better because they could be bad together. At least she's not a clumsy person.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abandoned Louv're Mine]

"That won't be a problem, Furt can just move in the shaft once the lift is down. Furt! Follow us down." Phrased as a command if need be, then Jakus will allow Dipsnig to climb off of his neck - Jakus intends to climb down the shaft as well, to make sure he can keep a hold on the rat-ogre's leash. He didn't know what Furt would do, so he's preparing for eventualities.

Harnel grins at that awkwardness. it was always so hard to dance on your own, especially in front of other people
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-20 at 06:28 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll post after everyone enters and heads down to thew cavern next.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-20 at 06:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Abandoned Louv're Mine

Furt seems to understand the order, and his muscles bunch under his mangy coat of fur. It's finally time for things to happen.

He tugs eagerly on the thick gauge chain, making it creak a bit.

((Just a placeholder while I post elsewhere in the thread, and not intending to skip Morty at all.))

Harnel's Birthday Party

You know what this party needs? Cake!

"You know what this party needs? Cake!"

Err, yes Minty, I just said tha-GAH!

Bowling over her narrator, (quite rudely and abruptly I might add) Mintbalm heads on to the scene for no explicable reason! What's more, she's holding a triple layered, thickly frosted mocha-chocolate cake that almost looks heavier than she is, by the way her arms are shaking.

The tall (five feet is very tall for a pixie) and wingless fey sets the plate on a stump, putting a cutting knife and a bag of assorted paper plates and plastic forks nearby that she pulled from absolutely nowhere next to it. Pulling a lit candle from behind her ear (pixie dust, roll with it) she sticks it dead center into the cake, where the flame stays lit despite the breeze.

"Enjoy your cake, and don't forget to make a wish when you blow out the candle! I'm just going to go back to totally-not-watching you in the bushes over there!" And to the bushes over there she goes. Once in said bushes, she crouches down and shamelessly peeps at them, bits of cyan hair visible from behind the foliage.

She really could not be worse at this stalking thing.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-04-21 at 10:30 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harnel's Birthday Party

Cessie smiles as Sakura and Harnel are about to dance, this should be amusing. But suddenly the scene is interrupted by some... random woman?

She couldn't remember inviting someone like this here, what was her game? "Do anyone of you know this woman?" She says before peering curiously in the direction Mintbalm disappeared. "Excuse me miss, but why are you at my husbands birthday party? Not that we don't appreciate the cake, but this is highly unusual." She asks in her direction. Not so unusual in the nexus of course, but a little paranoia only seemed healthy here.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly SC, Sakura did start dancing, but alone. Harnel's post was confusing though. *waggles finger at*

Anyway, Sakura is glad for the excuse to stop making a fool over herself. The appearance of Mintbalm is rather confusing, though. Sakura peers into the bushes after her. Weird.

Laela, meanwhile, looks at the strange lady and the giant cake with awe. =O
    She reaches her hands out to the candle. =D Shame it's so far away.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

[Abandoned Louv're Mine]

That's a good idea, Dipsnig says as he hops off Jakus' back and enters the elevator. Let's get down there and give him a nasty surprise.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Abandoned Louv're Mine => Grundlekrug's Lair

The group of NO members will start to smell the worst odor imaginable. Like stale flesh burnt with gasoline and noxious gasses. The room is covered with bleached bones and the body's of dead miners. A long path of blood extends to the Grundlekrug's eating area. A man lies on the floor unconscious, with two broken legs. The Grundlekrug lies on the floor unconscious, for now at least. It looks like the title monster from John Carpenter's, "The Thing". It has numerous injuries from Rot and has had a lot of blood drained out of it. A massive crane lies in the corner of the room next to many boxes, some labeled food, water, or crystal. Marciano and Rot stack up the crystals and teleport them to Louv're Laboratories. The crystals radiate potent magic. The room smells horrible and blood drips off the walls. The Grundlekrug eats messily it seems.

Marciano turns around warily. Ooh boy...Tha's no' good. Ro', turn aroun'. We go' company. Grantair looks over at his boss, Uh...Boss...who are those people? Marciano frowns, exposing those large, nasty, yet powerful teeth. No' A clue...they mus' be afta th' crystals. Maarciano growls before he places on some special gauntlets. Blades stick out of the wrist and are moved by Marciano's fingers. They are long and sharp. Hehe...let's try these ou'. Marciano waits for Rot to notice the intruders.

The miers wear a uniform like this, except now the clotrhes are either drenched in blood or ripped up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-21 at 07:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Abbey - Library]

Because the book is so long, Hildur only skims through it this time around, as she has a lot more books to read. But what she does catch is very interesting to her (like shattering metal and staying underwater.) Hopefully she could take all of these books to her room.

Hildur closes that book and decides to look through the one on honing her skills next.
    The books can most certainly be taken to her room! What's the point of a library were all the books need to stay in the library? That would be silly.

Anywho!

Book on honing skills! The book is divided into sections on learning to shape foci, mostly. Apparently the best way to refine one's skill in Shaping is to have masterful control over one's focus. If someone can make complex shapes with a focus then controlling the actual element is apparently simple by contrast.

Making a glove?

That's covered in the 'Mastery' chapter.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #40

[Abbey - Library]

When she reads that what she's done with gossamer is technically mastery of foci manipulation, Hildur's heart skips one or five beats. How was she able to learn that so quickly? She immediately dives further into the chapter on mastery, to see what else she can do at her apparent level of skill.

11. - Top - End - #41

[Abbey - Library]

Aside from suggesting other complex objects to shape a focus into (apparently the only thing harder is something with moving parts) the mastery chapter seems to cover in great detail the use of Air Shaping as a means to improve the weather. Using powerful wind currents can drag along clouds heavy with rain or even thwart tornadoes if applied properly. Though perhaps the best known talent of master Air Shapers is the power of flight.

My manipulating their focus, the density of the air, and the strength of the wind, Air Shapers are capable of soaring in the sky with the birds.

Does Hildur run outside to try it?

12. - Top - End - #42

[Abbey - Library]

Hildur is very tempted to try and fly outside. In fact, she closes the book at that point, gathers up the rest of them, and goes over to Terra. She quietly mutters, "I'd like to take these with me. When do I need to bring them back?" Despite her relative silence, she seems very excited about what's she's about to try.

13. - Top - End - #43

[Abbey - Library]

Sister Terra just waves one hand at Hildur dismissively.

Seems it would be fine to take the books.

Wonder if Terra took a vow of silence or something...

Anywho!

Hildur can feel free to return to her room with the books!

Or go outside.

Or whatever. Just don't lose the books!

14. - Top - End - #44

[Abbey - Library]

Before she goes outside, Hildur makes sure that she drops off the books in her room so she doesn't lose them. Then she nearly runs outside into the courtyard to see how she can do this.

15. - Top - End - #45

[Abbey Courtyard]

Stow the books!

Run outside!

Try the thing!

This time around it would appear as though Hildur is alone.

No one watching.

And no one to watch.

Just her.

And the wind.

16. - Top - End - #46

[Abbey Courtyard]

Hildur takes a deep breath and feels at the wind. Again at the position of not knowing much, Hildur just reaches out with one hand and tries to feel at the wind around her, to see if she can manipulate it.

17. - Top - End - #47

[Abbey Courtyard]

Manipulate it?

No...

It would seem her level of control is beyond that.

Hildur will be able to feel the wind and the air like she feels the wind in her lungs. It flows around her and through her, permeating the sky above. She'll be struck by an immense feeling of vastness. And at the same time so very small...

It's wonderful and exhilarating.

And y'know what else?

That's only the beginning.

18. - Top - End - #48

[Abbey - Courtyard]

When she feels practically every particle of air in the area, Hildur's breathing quickens a little, and she has to calm down a touch. The feelings of being almost part of the wind prove exhilarating indeed.

Alright, let's just start small for now. Given how connected she is with the wind now, it probably won't be hard for Hildur to convince it to carry her up just a little bit.

19. - Top - End - #49

[Abbey Courtyard]

Hildur is hanging onto her focus, right? Having that thing is sort of important. Without it she won't be able to reach out to touch the face of the sky. And that would be terrible.

Responding to her thoughts and emotions the air seems to almost thicken around her whilst at the same time she should feel quite light. The wind whips about her playfully, building under her feet and pushing against her!

Should all go well she'll be lifted a foot or two off the ground!

Though without a sail or rudder of any kind it'll be hard to control.

She'll probably start tumbling through the air in a rather silly fashion.

Guess that's what a properly shaped focus is for!

20. - Top - End - #50

[Abbey Courtyard]

Hildur has been holding on to her focus since she got it, though it's been in her pocket most of the time. As she's lifted and subsequently tumbled through the air, she giggles a little. She probably looked ridiculous, but this was just so much fun.

After a bit of rolling around in the air, Hildur gets the idea to take her focus and shape into a small glider, something that allows her to control her direction a little more.

21. - Top - End - #51

[Abbey Courtyard]

Unlike Storm Hildur's eyes don't turn white when she's flying around using the wind. This may or may not be disappointing.

Anywho!

The focus is shaped, broadening and flattening considerably at it takes a large triangular shape. The wind seems to get the general idea and begins blowing on focus, pushing Hildur forward!

...toward the edge of the courtyard.

If she isn't careful it'll blow her right over the edge of the guard-rail!

Which would mean she would have nothing by empty air under her feet. Though... all things considered air doesn't feel so empty anymore. In fact Hildur may have the impression that the air is as firm a footing as the mountain itself.

22. - Top - End - #52

[Abbey Courtyard]

Hildur doesn't seem all that bothered by the fact that she's leaving the comfort of the ground. The air is just as safe, to her. Safe enough for her to take another little step, and try to head a bit higher as she keeps going forward.

This is all still very baffling to her; just yesterday she'd need a helicopter if she wanted to fly. Now all she needed was a piece of gossamer. The bafflement is mostly lost in the excitement.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

Harnel's Birthday Party

Adir watches Sakura for a moment, a little bored. It's not as amusing as he thought it would be. The stag will have to come up with something good, next time it's his turn.

Then, suddenly, another fey! He could smell her coming... pixie, maybe? Holy crap, that is a big pixie. She brought cake, too. Though if she's a typical pixie, there might be some sort of shenanigan involved.

Adir shakes his head at Cessie's inquiry, then grins at Harnel. "Not unless someone has an admirer we don't know about."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-22 at 01:20 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    E11 takes the helmet and nods to her superior before putting it back on. She seems to find his comment acceptable, and even seems a little proud.

The others don't seem to be very good with emotions. Most talk and act robotically, though a few seem to have picked up pride or happiness at the very least.

In general, the cloned troops are strong and powerful, but rather slow and rigid. E11, E50, and E41 seem to be the best of the batch. E20, E32, and E60 were the most injured. No broken bones, thankfully - Naitiri would not have been happy.
    [Clinic]

"11, 50, and 41 are so far our best. This shows they have a natural talent, or a lot of luck. Watch them and learn from them during combat."

"20, 32, 60, I'm disappointed by you three. Compared to your peers, you're lacking, having taken more blows than anyone else in this entire group. I don't want to see that again, do I make myself clear?" Evan's tone brooks no argument; they should be better next time, or there will be consequences. The group is going to be spending a lot of time together, and so making the three lagging behind the others get a little humiliated should make them endeavor to please their commander. Positive reinforcement for the others also helps, since the humiliated group will want to match up to the praised one. The half-demon is starting to wonder where this will go after a while.

"Go get some rest. Dismissed."

Harnel's birthday Party]

Harnel rolls his eyes, "I doubt it, Adir. I'm not really sure I can get a secret admirer - just doesn't seem right," because really, it doesn't. Not to him, anyways, "so what do you think - is the candle wish real?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura looks at the candle for a moment. Hm... "Only one way to find out." She says, giving harnel a grin.

Just as long as he makes a smart wish.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground

[Clinic]

"Yes, sir," They say in perfect unison.

Even after they've put their helmets back on, one can tell that the Evan's words made a difference. The clones that he rebuked are slumped, their shoulders uneven. The others stand tall, striding back toward the clinic lobby with pride.

"Hey, what's this?" Comes a new, petulant voice. A man comes floating out of the front entrance, grabbing some of the clones heads as they come by, peering at the cracks in their helmets before letting them pass. "And what's this?! No, no, no! You, what happened?"

"Training, sir," Replies E50.

"Training? Gods damn it, who told you to..." His eyes find Evan, and he breaks out in a startling smile. A jagged smile. In fact, his teeth are almost exactly like those of a shark. His eyes glint, liquid pools of darkness. His voice gets low. "...train. Of course."

He speaks louder, so that Evanazgrix might hear him properly. "Evan! E-von! Ivan! Why, on your first hour of work, must you break my things?" He asks, apparently quite cordial. The shark-man floats forward, dressed in casual, dark clothing. He sizes Evan up as he approaches.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-22 at 12:33 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #57

Abandoned Louv're Mine

Furt can be lead down the shaft eagerly after the lift goes, and won't be long arriving after it has. The rat-ogre's claws are sharp enough and strong enough to bury into the walls and hold his weight.

On seeing Marciano, the massive beast tugs on his chain with fervor, snarling and willing Jakus to let him loose.

Harnel's Birthday Party

Oddly enough, Mintbalm doesn't answer Cessie's questions from her hiding place. It's almost as if she thinks she's hiding or something.

Adir will catch on to her trickery first though, as her scent begins to fade just before a wind stirs the bushes and the few strands of hair that were visible float off. If anyone cares to check, they'll find a small ring of mushrooms and neither hide nor- okay, maybe a little bit of hair, but not much- of Mintbalm.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-04-22 at 09:40 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]

"To be fair, I thought they would have taken their stuff off first," Evan says, quirking an eyebrow. His first assumption is that this is a heavily modified human, but he smells the air as well - if there's any sort of scent of fiend or celestial on him, Evan should catch it. He doubts he'll find anything though, "I'll make sure they understand that for the next training session. And it's Evan. Not Ivan, and I don't think E-von is a name anywhere outside of the Rauthmar tribes."

((Gonna wait for Murkus here. Ironically. He probably should have posted before ))

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harnel's Birthday Party

The sorceress sigh, this did not bode well. "Harnel, I think you should be careful about that cake. It's obviously something suspect about this." Mintbalm did seem to have some shenanigans planned. She seemed lighthearted enough though, but the last 'lighthearted' joke that had been played on her had changed her husbands gender around.

She should relax though, it was Harnel's birthday after all.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Abbey Courtyard]

Hildur doesn't seem all that bothered by the fact that she's leaving the comfort of the ground. The air is just as safe, to her. Safe enough for her to take another little step, and try to head a bit higher as she keeps going forward.

This is all still very baffling to her; just yesterday she'd need a helicopter if she wanted to fly. Now all she needed was a piece of gossamer. The bafflement is mostly lost in the excitement.
    Most people would be far too busy trying to fly to worry much about the fact that they aren't standing on anything. Everyone has had dreams about flying under their own power. Everyone.

But to actually do it?

Well.

That's a whole new kind of amazing.

As Hildur puts her foot out the wind dances playfully around her, pooling and swirling under her feet to give her much needed lift. It's strange, almost like the air itself is sharing in her unbridled excitement and wonder.

By now she's over the edge of the guard rail with only the sky above and the wind below.