New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

So, as a former player of City of Heroes, I'm excited beyond all sense by this - City of Titans, a fan developed spiritual successor to COH.

It's at a very very early stage right now, so I'm backing it based almost purely on faith - but I think they can do it if they meet their goal; and I miss COH something dreadful.

Basically it's something to think about if you want a new superhero MMO in the COH mold, and don't mind waiting a couple years for it to materialize.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, a game entirely developed and run by volunteers. And expected to launch in just 2 years. That is interesting.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So someone found a.....special Kickstarter.
    Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...es-of-twilight

Why is it special you might ask? Why because Arthmoor is involved.

For those wanting a general idea of how that points to this beign a massive train wreck here's a write up of the last time a large number told him his artistic vision was wrong or stupid.
    http://pastebin.com/XVcSie4q
    TLDR Claims he knows TES lore better than the people making the games, loses his **** when people don't just sit down and accept him adding lore breaking things(for no reason but his ego) to a mod that only adds Skyrims cities to the main world space, and keeps throwing a **** fit even after the then Vice President of Bethseda said he was wrong.

If this thing gets funded I see it going horribly wrong within a few months.
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2013-10-02 at 04:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Pixie in the Playground

Reaper Miniatures is doing a second Bones Kickstarter just in time for Halloween.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

let me just mention Terminus, which is just not getting enough love. A classic city builder in a sci fi setting, Sim City set in an Alpha Centauri type world.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Cosmic Star Heroine looks like a really good game, and the developers have made other successful games like Penny Arcade's Precipice of Darkness 3 % 4.

They say they draw on Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star, and Suikoden, and some other games, and the premise sounds pretty cool and original.

Also, the $25 tier gives you copies of their older games, which sounds particularly nice.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Including a link for Reaper's second Bones kickstarter mentioned above. They broke a million bucks in under a day I believe, and are currently at $1.3M with 22 days to go. It has slowed down since the initial rush but of course it will kick up sharply again at the end... there's already quite a bit of interesting minis unlocked.

If for some reason you don't know what Bones are, check it out. I doubt you'll find a better deal on highly detailed fantasy gaming miniatures.

Bones II

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Shantae got funded, woohoooooo!

I'm still surprised a succubus, of all things, was one of the potential transformations.

Anyway, I shan't mention the topic again, as it's no longer a kickstarter (although it can still be donated to gain stretch goals and rewards from if anyone so desires)

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Succubus is a good transformation. Offers allot of interesting powers for a better variety of powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Pixie in the Playground

Worlds of Magic Kickstarter
    Worlds of Magic Website (includes the Tactical Combat alpha)

For those who want the Master of Magic successor to be the same as the 1994 game with the new paintjob and a few cases of streamlining for convenience. That is an over-exaggeration, but that is the most simple way to describe the game.

It already passed the 5K goal, which is a little low IMHO.

Since this will come up: This is not the first kickstarter for the game, there was already a successful one back in late spring, but IMHO the goal they set and the funds they raised back then was low even by indie standards for this kind of game.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Imagine a game of Space FTL XCOM with Space Russians.

This is that game: The Mandate

One Rule, No Quarter!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Won't succeed ^.

You can't ask for 500,000 dollars on a minimum with only a difficult to reach ship builder and concept art without a pre-established cred or franchise.

Plus whats with the Fakey Russian Accents?

Whoops. Sorry a decent team and guys who actually KNOW something about russian history and two months of funding. May actually have a shot.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2013-10-05 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Won't succeed ^.

You can't ask for 500,000 dollars on a minimum with only a difficult to reach ship builder and concept art without a pre-established cred or franchise.
    Clang did it. Clang also had a fairly well-known author heading it, and has has seemed to vanish entirely because they didn't ask for enough funds, but then, Clang's goal required cutting-edge tech and a lot of hope. This is just an attempt to combine various military and space sims into a cohesive whole, something that looks much more easily within reach.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-10-05 at 09:58 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Clang did it. Clang also had a fairly well-known author heading it, and has has seemed to vanish entirely because they didn't ask for enough funds, but then, Clang's goal required cutting-edge tech and a lot of hope. This is just an attempt to combine various military and space sims into a cohesive whole, something that looks much more easily within reach.
    Indeed. The graphics don't look better than any mid-00s space sim games (they only look slightly prettier than Sword of the Stars), so I think they should be able to keep costs down and focus on the real meat of the game.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    So, as a former player of City of Heroes, I'm excited beyond all sense by this - City of Titans, a fan developed spiritual successor to COH.

It's at a very very early stage right now, so I'm backing it based almost purely on faith - but I think they can do it if they meet their goal; and I miss COH something dreadful.

Basically it's something to think about if you want a new superhero MMO in the COH mold, and don't mind waiting a couple years for it to materialize.

I'm involved with this project, and have been from the beginning, on that note, can I just say: FUNDED.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

You most certainly can Eldritch >_> I'm dancing over here, DANCING I TELLS YA!

Seriously, the question now is, just how far is it going to overfund? My bet is on 1 million - because I like aiming big.

I'm so ridiculously psyched right now it's not even funny. < ._.> Planning to toss another 75 at the project come November 1st if money allows.
    Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2013-10-07 at 03:46 PM.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Bugbear in the Playground

You most certainly can Eldritch >_> I'm dancing over here, DANCING I TELLS YA!

Seriously, the question now is, just how far is it going to overfund? My bet is on 1 million - because I like aiming big.

I'm so ridiculously psyched right now it's not even funny. < ._.> Planning to toss another 75 at the project come November 1st if money allows.
    Well, the Kicktraq projection is anywhere between $1 million and $2 million, trending toward the higher side. But that could change.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by malonkey1 View Post
    Well, the Kicktraq projection is anywhere between $1 million and $2 million, trending toward the higher side. But that could change.
    ...Where do you find the Kicktraq? I can't find it anywhere on the page.
    My Steam profile

19. - Top - End - #439
    Halfling in the Playground

...Where do you find the Kicktraq? I can't find it anywhere on the page.
    It's not actually part of kickstarter.
    You have to go to their website.
    http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/mis...ity-of-titans/
    Last edited by throtecutter; 2013-10-08 at 10:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Larceny is still a bit short of it's goal: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1999572498/larceny

It's a card game that calls for creative use of items to pull off a heist. Perfect for RPG players who like to exploit item and magic use to pull things off.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by holywhippet View Post
    Larceny is still a bit short of it's goal: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1999572498/larceny

It's a card game that calls for creative use of items to pull off a heist. Perfect for RPG players who like to exploit item and magic use to pull things off.
    Might drop $20 on it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ifter?ref=live
    Pretty well funded by hey any extra help is nice, hella happy I found out about this through the Shantae KS awhile back.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Haley View Post
    Might drop $20 on it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ifter?ref=live
    Pretty well funded by hey any extra help is nice, hella happy I found out about this through the Shantae KS awhile back.
    ...I'm pretty sure I saw that on the Co-optional Podcast. Which would explain why it got so massively overfunded, it's the TotalBiscuit effect (or "popular-YouTuber-promotes-something effect", but that's a mouthful).

The first thing that came to mind after watching the trailer was "why are there Evas?".
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-10-09 at 04:41 PM.
    My Steam profile

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: ...Okay, I played through the demo. Now I have a hard time believing it won't be Persona.
    I haven't played Persona, but I did play the demo, and the part that finally made me decide to pledge for sure was:

Spoiler
    Show
    At the very end, when Idril sees someone out the window, and the possible connection to the kidnappings and the electric shortages. It was unexpected to get such a sharp chill from what looked like a cookie-cutter dating game, even if it was a short one.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I haven't played Persona, but I did play the demo, and the part that finally made me decide to pledge for sure was:

Spoiler
    Show
    At the very end, when Idril sees someone out the window, and the possible connection to the kidnappings and the electric shortages. It was unexpected to get such a sharp chill from what looked like a cookie-cutter dating game, even if it was a short one.
    The most basic way of describing Persona 4's plotline is: Thick fog is rolling in after it rains, murders happen during the fog, supernatural stuff is involved.
    My Steam profile

25. - Top - End - #445
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cyan, the creators of Myst and Riven have started a kickstarter for a new game called Obduction. It will be like Myst and Riven, but it will be in a whole new world with a whole new story. As a fan of the Myst games, I am really exited for this.

Link

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Guys guys guys guys guys.

We have to back The Mandate now. Read this from the latest update:
    The same press release also mentions “him”, one of our three characters. We have not shared his backstory, but more excitingly if everything goes according to plan we will announce which actor will voice this character at MCM on the 27th. Many of you have seen this actor in movies, and a very famous TV-series, and we are sure you will agree that he fits the role perfectly...
    I have a pretty good idea who this is...
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, and they also have an early version of chargen up.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-10-18 at 05:42 PM.
    My Steam profile

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Already backed The Mandate <._.> It just looks flat out stellar, really hope that game gets funded because I'm seriously looking forward to it.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Already backed The Mandate <._.> It just looks flat out stellar, really hope that game gets funded because I'm seriously looking forward to it.
    Already looking to see if I can push up my backing.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Firbolg in the Playground

I really hope The Mandate gets funded. Putting emphasis on the crew, yet keeping all the shiny starship combat and RPG/Sandbox elements, that's going to be just so great.

I really also like the proof of concept "starship design" utility they make us try. For some reason, the mechanics shields and blasting through them looks interesting. Very interesting. I totally can imagine simulating a starship battle using those mechanics.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm seeing an add at the top of the page here for a kickstarter for a game called Churbles. It appears to involve cute hamsters in some form of RPG-like setting.
    Anyone know anything about it?