New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

"If you wish."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lead the way, Ethan.

Paul goes in, his two mobile mons following behind, and Hardcase still sticking out of the elastic band of his sweatpants. He also calls out the new acquisition.

Once they are in their more secure location he looks to the others.

Well, we're all here. Now seems the time to share any plans or avenues of attack with everyone else.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

I've been giving this some thought. All we know about this kid is he has a Wartortle, a Rhyhorn and the slugma and a friend and he belongs to the Dojo. Romeo got us a meet n' greet with him tomorrow. Thats our one and only chance to do this diplomatically. Gerald, do you think you can still go to that job of yours on the Dojo side? Its too bad Artemis can't go to the Dojo side, I doubt we can lure him to the psychic side. Does anyone else have any new information?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Think so, though I may be fairly late to that. Or I could go in and ask around for type booster parts-meant to ask if I could get some arbok scales yesterday, but...well, didn't seem like a good time. Broken horn fragments from a rhyhorn go well in rock and ground boosters, lead in to a question on water types as I want to make something for poor Joe...actually, I do want to do that anyway...see if I find someone with a wartortle and rhyhorn. The trainers there are fairly helpful, so it'd likely be easy to get that far."
    Wonder if I could get some cast off portion of the slugma for the booster set up for a thermal blade?

Once again, he's unconsciously folding. So far, he's done five different and decent to elegant looking pieces of jewelry in paper.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

"Well we need a backup if diplomacy doesn't work." They didn't want anyone using the Slugma. I assume we are included in that. "Well we discussed some of a plan back at the gate. Who could pull off imitating a Silph employee besides Romeo? Maybe with a bit of a disguise?" She fills Paul in on what was discussed before.

Show

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald points to Ethan.
    "Someone helps him with the words and Ethan can."
    I thought they specified that they don't want it out and about. Nothing on taking a cooled portion of it and using it to craft a dagger with a heated blade hot enough to carve through steelix hide.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan smirks, obviously pleased with himself. Of course I look the part. I could even make a fake digital ID badge. Though we might need to dress up Romeo if we want him to look like a scientist. But he might be better claiming to be a PR person. It seems I'm the only one with funds, I can buy a disguise kit for Romeo, I wouldn't have a clue how to use it my self.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

"Perfect, loverboy and Ethan can take care of the more diplomatic option. Who goes for intimidation then? You two? We'll need that disguising for Paul. No way somebody won't recognize him." Hey, it's your skull, not mine.

Show

9. - Top - End - #699

The Rhyhorn...between Creep and Buck we ought to be able to handle him. Creep might also work against a Wartortle, but he'll likely need to get a bit stronger first. That Slugma, however, we just don't have anything to take it down. Especially given the level of power we're being told it possesses. But then this only matters if we intend to approach them for a legitimate battle. There certainly are other avenues. Anyone know where we could find a Zorua? Perhaps we could have it pass itself off as a very rare Pokemon and attempt to trade for the Slguma.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Zorua live in forest and grasslands but we'd be hard pressed to find one, especially in such a short time. They are an elusive bunch. Even if we did, it can only appear to be a mon its familiar with. If we had a mon rare enough for a trade for it to emulate, we would just trade that. I believe diplomacy is our best bet, and if not, lifting off his person as sneakily as possible. An outright battle will be difficult, dangerous and can easily draw too much attention.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-30 at 11:43 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

"We want to convince him to give it to Romeo and Ethan, not piss him off."

Show

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

If were going with the Silph Co. employees, we need a good story and a good reason for him to give over the Slugma. Any ideas?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

"Well a good half truth seems the safest. It was an experimental that got away. Add in that it is unstable and years from being ready to being breed and sold to the public. We could even say that we'll try to find a way to compensate him. That coupled with warnings about others eventually coming after him when word inevitable gets out... Seems pretty fool proof to me. Any problems you can see, other than him being stupider than predicted?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #704

Paul nods.

I like the idea about telling him half the story. But we may want to make sure the Rockets are willing to have that information known publicly first. Also, what sort of compensation will we be able to offer him if he presses the issue?

As for people coming after it...we could always make that come about. Perhaps one or two of us make a failed attempt at swiping the creature, then some of the others come up to offer to take it so as to protect the boy and the Slugma.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe some risk that doesn't require subtle threats from non-existent enemies. Like the Slugma is unstable. If we don't get it into a special stasis chamber, it could melt down and explode. No kid wants a ticking time bomb on his belt. Plus we can say its the property of Silph Co and keeping it would be stealing. Though we do need a reason why we knew he had the Slugma in the first place.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

"Word of mouth. Kid has a powerful Slugma, someone he fought with it started chatting about it, word reached us."

Show

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Paul that might work. Tell them where they can contact me and Romeo, have you and Gerald attempt to steal it. Rough em up then bail, saying you'll be back with more. Though we need to be careful he just doesn't go to the cops. Artemis, we assume he's been using the Slugma. The Rockets know he has it but they have many contacts. I admit, it seems likely he would have shown it off. But theres a chance he hasn't.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

"No violence. Gets out of hand too quickly and if fists get thrown he's siccing that Slugma on you guys, and he's trained as well. And somehow they did find out. It is irreverent how. Even say that you were not told how Silph found out; we're just messengers after all. But good catch. Looking back, she did not say that he had shown it off."

Show

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"The slugma possibly liking him."
    Um...not sure if this is okay, but considering she could explode our skulls, Sabrina is a Rocket, right? Meaning she can answer if recruitment is a viable option to keep the slugma from possibly running off again if it feels attached to the trainer? Doubtful it would at this point in time, but you never know.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Something tells me they looked into his history and it wasn't right for them. But ask Sabrina if you wish. She smirks and pretends to be really scared and takes a step back from him, then laughs.

Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo took the egg off Ethan when offered and placed it in a compartment of his briefcase designed for holding eggs. 'Anyone else have an egg they want me to hold? Oh, Gerald, forgot to show you this. This is your future eevee.' He pulls out Elly and Ollie's firstborn and shows it off proudly. 'I'll hold on to it until it hatches, considering what happened the last time. And speaking of that, maybe you should crash with me in my hotel room tonight. I want to be able to keep an eye on that remoraid, and I don't even want to know where you slept last night. I just think it'll be better if someone keeps an eye on you. Well, someone other than Sparky.' He nods happily at the little bug. If it weren't for her, Gerald and Joe wouldn't have made it.

'Once you guys are finished planning what you want, me and Ethan can swing by and get a disguise kit. I can disguise all of us given enough time, so no need to worry about anyone being spotted. The main thing is do we try today or tomorrow? I'd prefer to just set up today and try later, as Paul says we currently have no counter for the slugma if it does come to a battle. Well, other than a cheeky geodude who won't obey orders. We could really use a water type. Even between the five of us, we couldn't stump up enough for a water stone for Elly. It might be good to see if Gerald can get a new pokemon for the battling team.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

22. - Top - End - #712

Even if he hasn't displayed it prominently, it's impossible no one knows he has it. The friend he's with could talk, whoever he got it from initially...I mean, I'm assuming a Slugma did not just run away.

As for the fake snatch, that could still be done without violence. If the Rockets could lend us one of those Snagger machines, it won't even matter that none of us know the first thing about using it. Try it, fail, run off. Or barring that, just attempt something goofy, like a lasso.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

It escaped, at least thats what we're lead to believe. He wouldn't have been able to catch it if it didn't. I agree with Romeo, today should be setting up for tomorrow. We get one shot of this kid giving it up willingly, I'd rather not go in undprepared. We should disguise myself and Romeo as a employees, myself a scientist and Romeo a PR person. Our story is the Slugma escaped and it isn't ready to be out in public yet. Not only that, it is unstable. A ticking time bomb. If we don't get it back in its stasis chamber soon, it could explode straight through the pokeball. Suggest that if less than savory characters (like us) find out he has it, he and his love ones will become targets till he gives it willingly or someone is able to snatch it. Hint we can compensate him for it, but never mention a specific compensation or any time when he will get it. Sound believable?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Could make one. A snagger, that is. Pretty easy, honestly. But it'd remove all chance of a working arm."
    He disengages his prosthetic and puts it on the table.
    "It'd take some reworking and roughly three grand, and I'd prefer both arms, but the option's there."
    Really want the arm. Hope they let me make my arm...

He looks at the egg, brushing his fingers against it. Did he really deserve another one? Or Romeo's help?
    "Sure I won't be in your way?"
    Meanwhile, Sparky gives a happy little chirp as her talents are recognized, before hopping off Gerald's shoulder and climbing on top of the egg, as if trying to warm the egg roughly three or four times her size. This one wasn't getting away.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-01 at 09:22 AM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

"I assume you mean people like who we actually are. We want Silph to look good; no connection to the bad people trying to threaten him. Rest sounds good. If even that doesn't work, give me a day or two and I could probably find a way to get in and out of his house safely and quickly, no harm done to him. Assuming I was disguised while in town, of course. At least I have the muscle to probably pull off looking like a fighter. Gives me something to work on while you guys are on their side of town, as well."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-01 at 09:24 AM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #716

I don't think we should mention compensation unless we're prepared to actually offer him at least a sign of good faith toward that end. A couple thousand as a first installment or something. Kid's probably smart enough to know a Spearow in the hand is worth two in the bush.

As for the Snagger, I appreciate the offer Gerald, but that seems excessive, doing all that for a plan that might not even work. Not like a Snagger has any use to any of us after this job.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Musclulature yes, reflexes and fluidity of movements less so."
    He pauses as he considers what he just said.
    "...That doesn't sound at all like what I meant, does it."
    In his mind are models of humans and pokemon in motion, considering the processes and reaction times and working on ways to translate them to a machine body.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-01 at 09:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think that was supposed to be as insulting as it came off, but you are right. Fighters are strong and agile, and I only have the former. Still would be able to fit in somewhat. I've been working on being able to Phase, and I think I've almost got it figured out. If things go down the crapper, have someone tail him to find out where his house is. Later that night, we dress me up like a fighter and one of you guide me over there and I go in, grab the ball, and we're good. It's a last resort though. The fewer times I have to be over there, the better."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-01 at 09:45 AM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

'I think I can darken your skin Arte. You have an Unovan accent, but after the job if they end up looking for a dark skinned Unovan, they won't be looking for you. I could use a die job, and Ethan just needs to change his face, maybe switch to contacts for the part too. As long as he isn't recogniseable, he has the manerisms down perfect.'

He looks back at Gerald. 'I told you, I insist. I have the room, but never use it cos I'm always of with company. It'll be nice to stay in and have some friendly company for once, give me a rest. And as I said, it's best for Joe. Doctor's orders.'
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-05-01 at 10:06 AM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"J...I just meant while you're above average to near standard peak human one way, you're roughly around average the other. Sorry for any insult."
    He shrinks back in his chair and begins nervously tampering with the arm. Try to not make enemies, try to not make enemies, you have enough of those as is...
    "W...well, Paul and I can fit in currently without disguise. He has enough muscle to fit in, though reflexes would be problematic. Also, he has Buck. Not that your range of motion is bad or anything! Just not as wide as theirs..."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-01 at 10:21 AM.