New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: An Unchanging Reality (Take two)

"Oh for the love of..." Serph yells angrily as he picks up his bow and runs down the stairs, following his friends.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As the three of you come outside, you find you are on the far side of the town, a different side than was attacked earlier that day. There are at least ten gnolls, four of which are in melee with about six city guards, and three of which are charging towards one of the houses.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Dromet will charge the nearest gnolls on his way to where the prisoner is being held.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dromet

Spoiler
    Show
    The Prison is in the opposite direction. A fair distance away, but there are no gnolls in that direction. Are you gonna head that way?

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes.

"I'll be right back," Dromet shouts as he runs off toward the prisoner's location.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

6. - Top - End - #786
    Banned

Goblin

"guards seem to holding on their own, lets get the other group!" Serph yells and moves to get behind Gnolls attacking a building, to shoot them.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

"Be quick," she says to Dromet, then heads off with Serp. As she closes in she pirouettes and sashays to begin her battle dance.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Three gnolls vs. Serp and Eophyn. Round one...FIGHT!!

Initiative
    Target 1 (1d20)[14]
    Target 2 (1d20)[18]
    Target 3 (1d20)[2]
    Serp (1d20+3)[16]
    Eophyn (1d20+3)[14]

Before all else, you guys can take a free attack, being that despite being in a combat state, they were caught off guard by your coming.

Dromet

Spoiler
    Show
    As you run off towards the Prison, you find what you'd usually expect from an attack, panicking men, women and children trying to find a safe place to hide and so on. You bolt inside the prison, only to find your prisoner safe and alive in his cell, leaning against the wall as though he hadn't even noticed the attack. He murmers quietly as you come in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to hear just what he said.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Rushing into combat she observes the formation of the gnolls. If they are close together she will cast Chord of Shards if not then she will engage them with steel.

Spoiler
    Show

Chord of Shards: 15ft cone save, Ref Save DC 14 negates (2d6)[9] damage

or

(1d20+8)[16] to hit
    (1d10+2)[3] damage

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[19]

"Glad to see you are comfortable,
    " Dromet says, then looks out the door quickly then back in.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

11. - Top - End - #791
    Banned

Goblin

Serph moves to get behind one of the Gnolls Eophyn is fightins with and fires the arrow into him.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 ft step to get as close to be flanking the guy as I can.
    (1d20+5)[10] attack, (1d6)[4] dmg

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[6]

Still about ten foot away from the Gnolls, Serps arrow flies over one of its heads. Eophyn's spell shoots into the midst of two of them, but at the end, they are still standing. One of the gnolls lunges at Eophyn, gripping his spear with both hands he'd try and pierce her chest with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage (1d8+3)[6]

Players are up before the gnolls go again.

Dromet

Spoiler
    Show
    The prisoner had been mumbling about how he'd get free, but nothing concrete on plans, with his inability to enact any.

The prisoner looks up as Dromet addresses him and sighs a little. "Come to kick a man while he's down? Or did you expect to interrogate me early?"

13. - Top - End - #793
    Banned

Goblin

Serph moves so he'll be in line right behind the Gnoll who just attacked Eophyn and fire another arrow into it's back.

Spoiler
    Show

5-ft step to be flanking the Gnoll.
    Attack (1d20+5)[18]+2 if it counts as flanking
    dmg (1d6)[5] +(2d6)[6] if it counts as sneak attack
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2013-04-09 at 03:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Dromet looks anxious, then grabs the keys from the wall and steps into the street, just outside the door.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

The spear digs into flesh and Eophyn grits her teeth as she spins around to slash at the dog faced attacker.

Spoiler
    Show

You know, you think I'd learn that she needs to drink one of those shield of faith potions before going into combat.

(1d20+8)[16] to hit
    (1d10+2)[9] damage

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The striking gnoll falls quickly from the arrow in its back, and Eophyn pulls forward to strike down the nearest one, cutting down another one that she had hit with her spell. The last remaining Gnoll charges into Serp, spinning his spear before a quick and well aimed thrust towards him.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, Serp downed the first one, so i assumed you moved to the next nearest target. I'd expect you'd go for another injured one, so yea...

Spear against Serp (1d20+3)[5]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]

Dromet

Spoiler
    Show
    As you leave the building, you notice something peculiar. While most of the people have vacated the area for cover, you see someone walking towards you and the prison, not a gnoll, but a human, it appears. He is wearing a fancy suit, with a pair of crossed ornate swords strapped to his back, and an odd smile on his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wisdom Check please

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Great," Dromet says to himself. "This sucks." Dromet dips back into the building and locks the door.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

"Heeeyaa..." she screams as she twirls her blade at the gnoll.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[22] to hit
    (1d10+2)[5] damage

19. - Top - End - #799
    Banned

Goblin

Serph effortlessly avoids the attack. He decidesto take a little risk and moves behind the Gnoll*, picking his dagger, which e then attempts to stab the monster with.
    Spoiler
    Show

* - or in front of him if Eophyn is behind, whatever I need to be flanking.
    If flanking and can still attack this turn then attack (1d20+7)[23] dmg (1d4)[1] + (2d6)[8] sneak attack.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eophyn and Serp quickly take out the last gnoll in this little area, and turn their attention to the horizon, where they hear a new wave of gnolls charging in. You can count about 15 of them, and it appears, right in their path, is the captain, holding the ground between the city and the gnolls almost singlehandedly.

Dromet

Spoiler
    Show
    Before you lock the door, you get the clear impression that the man is walking right towards you, but he's moving slowly

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Expecting anyone," Dromet asks the mind-mage. "I hate surprises, and this morning is full of them."
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

She looks at the horizon and the on coming wave of gnolls. "Oh god..." she exhales. Handing Serp a vial she says, "Here, in case they get close." She quaffs a similar vial and runs to help the captain.

Spoiler
    Show

she is taking the potion of shield of faith and handed one to serp. (+2 AC shield bonus)

23. - Top - End - #803
    Banned

Goblin

"Be careful." Serph says, taking the vial. he then quickly climbs into nearest roof. There he readies hi bow, to attack any Gnoll that comes close enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, erph waits until one of the Gnolls is in his reach and then fires. Dunno if I need to make attack roll now.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Dromet resolves himself of fear, and unlocks the door, then flings it wide open.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As the captain meets the gnolls, he quickly and easily cuts down three to start. Surrounding him is an almost perfect semi-circle of gnoll corpses, as more of the gnolls lunge at him to try and get past his armor. Eophyn charges in, watching him cut out more of them, and halfway there, until she can make it to the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    At your best run speed, you make it there when there are seven gnolls left. You will be acting on group initiative for this one, alongside the captain and Serp, and the gnolls will be acting after you.

Dromet

"Yes....I didn't check in. There's other spies here, and that i got captured means i need to be eliminated. If someone is coming, then he must be here to kill me." After he speaks, Dromet throws the door open and finds himself face to face with the man.

The man nods his head and smiles. "Hello, i'm here to collect a certain prisoner I am informed you are holding here. Please step aside. Only one person needs to die this morning."

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Under whose authority are you taking this man," Dromet asks as he tries to impose himself. "And I have a few questions for you before you do try taking him. I mean, why not, he isn't going anywhere."
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dromet

"Under the authority of my employer, and in turn, his employer. It's written on the contracts, even. Capture results in death. Now, allow me to finish my job, and then we can sit down to talk over a beer or two. Sound like a plan?"

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Unfortunately I have plans for him. My employer wishes that he stay alive a little longer, so if you don't mind, we can have our talk now," Dromet replies as he gestures to a chair.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Screaming her battlecry, "Ayaaa!!!" Her blade makes a circular arc as she brings down on a gnoll's head.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[16] attack
    (1d10+2)[5] damage

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Missed that you were on the building. Nonetheless, you've got a target you can reach, at least according to my poorly drawn personal map.

Serp and Eophyn

Eophyn lunges in with her agile strike, cutting into a gnoll and leaving a gashing wound. The captain follows up from her attack, piercing its chest and knocking it away. He closes in with Eophyn and smiles a little. "It's nice to see some backup. I've lost too many of my men tonight, but i think these are the last of them."

Meanwhile, Serp gets himself a good perch, and fires an arrow at one of the gnolls nearby that were fighting with some of the other guards. Piercing the gnolls shoulder easily, the two guards that were fighting it take advantage of the surprise to finish it, and yell thanks towards their ally.

The remaining gnolls start to fall back from the town, a few of the guards chopping at them as they try to retreat, and then head towards the Captain and Eophyn. The gnolls that were already near the two each lunge towards their targets, hoping to overwhelm them with sheer force of numbers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack rolls.
    VS. E (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage (1d6+3)[5]

VS. E (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

VS. C (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage (1d6+3)[6]

VS. C (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

VS. C (1d20+3)[9]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

Dromet

"I'm sorry, but i cannot allow that. If you will not allow me to finish my job first, then i will have to kill you too. Draw your weapon!!" As he speaks, he draws one of the blades he has strapped to his back, holding it expertly in one hand as he points the tip of the blade towards Dromet. "Just remember what happened last time we fought, and then you have your friends to back you up."