New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Edge of the Woods

Mintbalm's eyes widen, and she reaches out towards his hand, but doesn't quite touch it. That wasn't good at all.

"Erm, maybe if I can't make you back to normal, I could do something about that instead? Like make the sun not hurt you or something?" The oversized pixie can't imagine not being able to touch the sun ever again. It would be so inconvenient!

She thinks hard. Maybe if she turned all the sunlight coming at him into a different kind of light it wouldn't hurt? She knows that every kind of vampire is a bit different, so hopefully he won't be burned by plain old electric light.

Maple Cabin -> Rowan Cabin

"Goodbye yourself Sophie, and take care." Julie walks out of the room then, heading for the front door and eventually her own cabin.
    Or maybe he has a different idea. She waits, just in case he wants to share one with her.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-14 at 12:55 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Edge of the Woods

Well I suppose if all sunlight became moonlight upon passing too close to Reinholdt's skin, that'd solve that problem. Unless he ever did become a were-cat. Then he'd be itty bitty feral kitty all the time.

Or electric light. That's been established to not be detrimental.

"Well if you can't do that, I guess I'd just take a magic item that neutralizes poisons." Mintbalm, however, should be able to implement her idea.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-05-14 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #693

Edge of the Woods

"Right, well I'll try the first thing, and if not the no poison thing will be a snap." Blinking time! All light that passes within an inch of Reinholdt's skin is transformed into plain old ordinary electric light, with none of the damaging properties the sun's rays would have.

Now all she has to do is cover him in glitter and flee!

"Try it out, so I can make sure I did it right." Or she could be helpful still. That works too.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Edge of the Woods

Reinholdt cautiously reaches his other hand out this time. No point in burning the same hand twice. When it gets there... nothing. He holds it there for a bit, flexes it. Then sticks out further, for his whole arm, then finally steps out entirely.

"It feels... weird." Before, sunlight was a lovely thing of natural warmth. After it at least burned with searing heat. Now it just felt strange. Like he was still inside even while outside.

All the same, a major inconvenience has been removed. "Thank you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #695

Edge of the Woods

Better unnatural than burned alive! Mintbalm nods amiably, and then turns to go.

"Alright, time to take off I guess. Seeya crazy vampire guy!" Mintbalm dashes off, leaving a big cloud of sticky, sparkly, frustrating and hard as hell to remove glitter in her wake.

Reinholdt might want to avoid that.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Edge of the Woods

Unless you like the searing pain of flames. >>

"I'm not crazy! Sometimes. Bye."

Reinholdt avoids the sparkly glitter in favor of heading to his favorite sunning rock. At least the rock is warm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #697

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika looks up at the dragon and once she figures out what he means, her ears droop slightly. Um, thank you dragon, but I'm scared of flying. She doesn't want to offend the nice dragon, but she really is.
    The Dragonite will try to give her one more pat on the head. "Dragonite, Dra."<It's fine, but let me know if you change your mind.> Ah well, can't force her. Perhaps it's time to actually find a cave. "Dra."<Thanks for your help.> He says his goodbyes and moseys away if brinika doesn't want to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Kitchen!
    Before Andy can pick up the tiny dinosaur, he hears his friend's rawrs!
    "Rawr! Raawr!"*My friend! I'm coming!
    Grabbing the other leaf on the apple he goes over the edge of the counter and slides down the edge.
    He smiles at his friend and tries to give her a dinosaur hug!
    "Rawr raaaawr."*My friend...I've missed you
    Kitchen

The little pink dinosaur returns the dinosaur hug! "Rawr. Rawr?"*I missed you too. Are you alright?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #698

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Kitchen

The little pink dinosaur returns the dinosaur hug! "Rawr. Rawr?"*I missed you too. Are you alright?
    Kitchen!
    "Raaaaawr Rawr! Rawr Rawr Rawr!"*I'm okay! I even got you green leafy food thing!
    He grabbed the leaf in his mouth and offered it to her!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    The Dragonite will try to give her one more pat on the head. "Dragonite, Dra."<It's fine, but let me know if you change your mind.> Ah well, can't force her. Perhaps it's time to actually find a cave. "Dra."<Thanks for your help.> He says his goodbyes and moseys away if brinika doesn't want to stop him.
    Bye big dragon! Brinika squeaks as she waves the Dragonite goodbye.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-14 at 03:49 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kitchen

Andy will just sit next to them and watch them.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #701

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Kitchen!
    "Raaaaawr Rawr! Rawr Rawr Rawr!"*I'm okay! I even got you green leafy food thing!
    He grabbed the leaf in his mouth and offered it to her!
    Kitchen!

"Rawr? Rawr!"*A leaf? Yay! The pink dinosaur accepts the offered leaf. "Rawr..." *Yummy... She swallows the delicious leaf. "Raawr! Rawr raawr"*Thank you! I'm glad you're alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Bye big dragon! Brinika squeaks as she waves the Dragonite goodbye.
    "Dragonite!"<Bye, small Brinika!> It says before taking off in flight.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #702

Kitchen
    The tiny dinosaur goes to hug the pink tiny dinosaur again.
    "Rawr Rawr!"*And I'm you're okay...
    He motions to Andy with his head.
    "Rawr Rawr raaaaawr..."*That's two-legs! It brought me here! It's nice!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonless Midnight; Huh?

Marty's eyes widen at all the big words he's forced to decipher and think up a response to. He was already rather tired from whatever he was doing out here. His boots are covered in mud though, which might intrigue Valaira. He was near a body of water. Probably fishing, at midnight though? He'd have to be a fishing fanatic. That or he was doing something else...Anyways, Marty replies trying to look as intimidating as possible, trying not to let fear show on his face. "I don't d-dither. My m-mind is fine...." Er....yeah. Right. "My actions? What w-would you know of lies and d-delusions?! You h-haven't known how it f-feels to b-be fooled. Y-You don''t know the r-regret! Learning someone w-was innocent only a-after you s-strike the blow...y-you...y-you don't know. Y-You d-don't know! He is rather angry now. Very unhappy seeing as her words have stirred up his anguish. He just wanted to make sure he wouldn't be fooled again. If it turns she was some kind of mass murderer and Marty let her in...he couldn't even think of the guilt he would carry. " I comprehend life. I know th-things that I d-didn't want t-to know. How blood s-smells....how it t-tastes in your mouth w-when you've been c-cut. I w-want t-to know less! Ignorance is bliss. So, if y-you are a g-god, I p-pity you. He growls now, mistrust and suspicion in his eyes. Mixed with an odd glint. It is you that must know. You m-must know hate and a-anguish. You must e-exist in it. I j-just h-have to live in it. He holds the sword steady. Hoping if he dropped it he wouldn't cut off his foot....one prosthetic was enough.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    End of the tour

"Nothing I can think of." Harnel looks to Cessie to see if she wanted to ask anything more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    End of the tour

"I'll admit I'm not too sure on the success rate or the history of the place... but apparently things have changed a lot since it was first founded. You would have to ask one of the council members if you wanted more specific information, sorry." She shrugs. "Well, anything else I can help you two with?"
    End of the tour

"Not at the moment no, I guess we probably should move on. I probably should..." She hesitates. "How well do you know this other Cessie and Harnel? What are they like? Any different from us? I know I already asked this but it's really important."

15. - Top - End - #705
    Dwarf in the Playground

End of the tour

"I'm afraid I don't know you two enough to point out any notable differences. I suppose, if you wanted to, I could give you their address and you could go talk to them yourself?"
    Kate seems hesitant to offer that. You don't just go about throwing around addresses... but this is kind of important.

16. - Top - End - #706

[Forest Cabin]

Freddie reaches around with one of his tails, the end of the limb becoming almost claw-like as he takes the cup of tea and sips it. As Lily nods off the Huldra smiles down at her.

"She reminds me so much of my younger sister. I think they would have gotten along well if they had met."

Aaww...

That's sweet!

"There's another type of demon that might be trouble. One that's... more subtle,"
    Freddie mentions. "The Wraith. They don't really attack people, per se. They just... sort of sap their will to go on living. Their victims become lethargic and find it difficult to have joy in anything. Normally tea made of Klamath flowers can fend off the doldrums they cause."

Klamath, also known as Saint John's Wort.

"They're spirits without bodies, so usually people don't notice them. Just the slothfulness that they cause. But I suspect you might be uniquely suited to spotting them."

[A Time and a Place]

After the slumber party is over. After the children depart to make pancakes aplenty. Freddie sets off to explore the campsite and surrounding lands. Who might he meet? What adventures might he have?

Stay tuned to find out!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-05-14 at 07:35 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Time and a Place]

"Whoa!" A cry sounds from above Freddie as he's walking along the edge of the camp. If he were to look up, he'd see a little girl hanging by one hand from a very high branch.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Pixie in the Playground

[Moonless Midnight - Step Away From The Nine-Tailed "Goddess"]

That was an obscure reference to an acclaimed let's player of horror videogames. I follow many, many let's players as is, most often listening to them in a sidewindow while I whittle away at my stack of work.

The state of Marty's boots are indeed a feature of interest to Valaira, though she thinks nothing of them now. I myself am of the opinion that he was out and about burying the body of the last redeemee entering camp seeking refuge.

Whatever clandestine operation Marty undertook this evening will have to be the subject of a subsequent investigation under the guidance of a senior GLoG member. Someone keen in mind and body.

But nevermind that! For now, there's the issue of the paranoid loon pressing a sword to her neck to devote her full focus to!

"You say that I don't know what it means to be used. You claim that I have never tasted my own blood in my mouth. You speak truth about the second item, but you are egregiously flawed in the first. In fact, you insult me with it, sir."

"I have been used on far more occasions than you will ever be forced to suffer through over the course of your natural lifespan. I have power. People grovel for it. They manipulate and connive, plotting to ultimately strip me of it once and for all for solely their own gain. They lie to me. They tell me they love me, but never once was there substance to these words, except for that one time... I was their weapon. Their means to an end."

"They'd also frequently use me for less ambitious aspirations. They'd use me for my body."

"They never loved me for who I was, merely for what I possessed."

"I won't bore you with my biography, as you are not one who should hear it, but know that I was feared because I was different. They feared and feared and feared throughout the course of history. Eventually, I fulfilled their dreams, the images they reflected upon me. I struck each of them down, giving them something to fear."

"I became a nightmare because of them. Because of you. I've destroyed worlds. Slew entire species down to the last infant. And the worst part is, I wouldn't have it any other way."

"When a limb suppurates with gangrene, we sever it from the body without delay. Such were these instances and such were these...people."

"So before you judge others, ensure you get your facts straight."

"But I am not above your pity."

"We both know what it feels like to be strapped to the altar of a human who fancies himself or herself a god. One more literally than the other."

That's a really grim lifestyle, don't you think?

"You complain that I don't know what it feels like to strike down someone I thought was guilty only to discover their innocence. And your complaint is justified. I don't. But you do. And are you willing to let your past repeat itself yet again?"

Valaira's almost been pushed to her breaking point with her whole "hold back the tears" thing. If Marty keeps on berating her for one post more, I'd surmise that her will won't hold.

19. - Top - End - #709

[At the Edge of Camp, Under a Tree]

Woah indeed!

It isn't every day you get to see a blue fox the size of a wolf.

...that's on fire.

Nor is it every day that you spot a little girl hanging from the high branch of a tree in a rather percarious fashion!

Freddie has seen plenty of the former and balks at the latter.

"Are... are you alright up there?"
    the Huldra calls out. "I'm not sure if that's safe! You should come down!"

Wouldn't want her to fall and break her spine or anything.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

Keo looks at Jamie again.

"I was on a roof, and a big shiny thing that smelled funny came down and landed next to me, and we snuggled and sunbathed, and it gave me this whit'ling knife out of its neck. And then I went hunting and found a badger. I had to hide. Badgers are scary."

She then turns her attention back to her whittling.

"Oh. That's...different," Jamie says, still confused. "But yeah, badgers can be pretty scary." Especially honey badgers.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-05-14 at 09:32 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

End of the tour

Harnel scowls. "Why is this important? Can't we live our own lives without comparing and contrasting ourselves to other people that just happen to be similar to us?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonless Midnight; Oh the Joys of Being Paranoid

I am not familiar with let's player of horror videogames. Sorry, it sounds fun though! Something to listen to is always a good thing when working. I myself listen to some rather varied things. Oh, I saw Pirates 4 yesterday. It was....lacking in my opinion. One can only get enough of Depp and Rush before you start wondering when the other characters will get interesting. T.T Also, Marty doesn't particularly like blood, and in reality he's about as harmless as a bee...kind of annoying. Unless of course you are allergic, but I don't think anyone is allergic to Martys.

Marty frowns. He was a very paranoid man...Not quick to make friends. (I wonder why...) "You...you s-say y-you're a god. I p-pity you all the more." You...y-you're immortal. Y-You'll n-never die l-like me. Then it'll s-stop. Everythhing. I've p-paid my d-debts f-for what I did. I d-do every d-day....there's not m-much left f-for me to do b-but wait t-to die. You though...y-you'll never d-die. I p-pity you. His eyes burn once she mentions love. That was a topic Marty was always touchy about. "Dare y-you talk to me of love! A special b-bond it is....y-yet one so easily severed....y-you. You d-don't know what it's like, h-having d-death separate you from your loved one...y-you say you've n-never had true love. B-But I have! Only t-to h-have it ripped away from m-me by death. You were b-betrayed by those living. I was betrayed by death! He honestly wanted to stab her now...to delight in the warm blood. He needed to satisfy the bloodlust. Marty could only cut himself for so long....before he had to live on others blood. Not the drinking of it, but the act of spilling it. The other half of the nasty curse bestowed upon him. He wanted to sate his ever-constant thirst. My p-past is none of y-your concern!

23. - Top - End - #713
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

"Yeah."

Whittle whittle whittle.

She will work on her little dice until someone does something to attract her attention.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Edge of Camp, Under a Tree]

"I'm okay!" She calls. First se tries to grab the branch with her dangling hand, but when it becomes apparent that isn't happening she looks down. Wow, is she high or what? Without a second thought, the little girl lets go of the branch and plummets. She doesn't just fall straight down, however. Not only does she grab branches to slow herself, the branches almost seem to grab her. Her speed is reduced to almost nothing by the time she falls out of a rather low branch and plops down on her butt.

The little girl looks at Freddie and grins. She's quite young, looking about seven years old. Her skin is a dark, wood brown, her ears are very long and pointed, and most notably, her hair is a mass of leafy weeping willow vines that extend down to her knees. Her only clothing consists of a torn and dirty blue tunic that's sized for an adult man, but makes a perfectly good makeshift dress for her.

"Hi."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-14 at 09:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeside

"Yeah."

Whittle whittle whittle.

She will work on her little dice until someone does something to attract her attention.
    "I coulda charmed it maybe though, to make it Friend Badger!" Jamie declares as she looks back to her painting.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #716

[Under a Tree]

oh...

Oh!

Freddie has seen someone like her before!

Shortly after he arrived in the Nexus! That woman and the wooden... man... thing... with her! Though he can't remember what her species was called. The Huldra quickly glances about to see if this little tree girl has a similar wooden guardian to keep an eye on her.

Nope.

Ah well.

"Hello, m'lady," the Huldra responds, giving a graceful bow. Or as graceful of a bow as one can give if they have four legs instead of two. Looks kind of like a dog in a PLAY WITH ME! stance. Though with his nose pointing down instead of up. "That was an impressive climb. Where did you learn how to do that?"

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under a Tree]

Salix picks herself off the ground and makes a meager attempt to brush the dirt off her tunic. "I've been able to climb like that forever. It's really easy." The dryad reaches out to try and poke him on the top of the head. "Are you a homba? Your fur is funny."

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

tongue Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest Hut - That Night]

Renetta puts her paw over his and smiles. "I know, and I love you for it. But... I think I'm ready to try. Not now, but sometime soon." Her breathing picks up a little. "I just... I just don't want to be afraid anymore."
    Forest Hut - That Night

Waterstrider's ears perk up a bit at her admission, and he can't help but lean forward to nibble on her collarbone before nuzzling it and growling happily. "For now, maybe we should just enjoy one another and our daughter. " He suggests, breathing deeply to get a lungful of her wonderful scent as he runs his claws through the fur on her side and front, feeling content with life. "That said, if you wish for another child sooner, so be it." He tells her with a wag of his tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    *snip*
    Forest Hut

Pathfinder turns a portion of the fur over Lily to keep her comfortable while she naps before turning back to the Huldra. "If you could show me which plant that is, I'd be grateful. Other than that, anything that has a large spirit presence should be pointed out to me soon within it's arrival. While many of the spirits around here aren't capable of warding off opposition, there are still plenty around that used to be warriors within life."

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

{Island of Many Adventures}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "There'd still be boats..." They don't run out or anything.

Vincent does get in the boat with her though. If they're going to get the stench off with a swim, he supposes they can just do that when they get to the other side of the lake.
    And so they row the boat back to the other side. Once there, Caroline won't be disinclined to a swim to get rid of the fish smell. She'll use her inventory to change into a swimsuit.

{Entrance}

After being away for a while, Vidalia will finally return home. She heads straight for Cherry Cabin, hoping for some Healing from Butler.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-05-14 at 10:43 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #720

[Under a Tree]

Did Rebo mention that a Huldra's back is covered in gnarled oak bark and thick moss? Because it totally is. Maybe the dryad will find the tree-like aspects of the creature interesting?

Then Freddie is poked!

He feels fuzzy!

"I'm afraid I don't know what that is. I'm a Huldra. And my name is Freddie. And my fur is quite handsome if I do say so myself."

You might even say it looks foxy.

"You have very unusual hair. What are you? And what is your name, m'lady?"

[Forest Hut]

"I mean to explore the campsite soon," Freddie replies. "And I'll try to find some of the warding herbs for you. Most are considered common weeds in most of the Nexus. Few people seem to be aware of the powers against Discord they're endowed with."

The Huldra smiles contentedly as he takes another sip of the tea.

"If this is going to be my new home I want to make sure that it's safe from the demons that plagued my old one."