New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Up a Tree]

Though to be fair she's lived out in the forest near Glog.

It's quite a distance from here to the center of the Nexus, which means the weirdest of the weird stuff often doesn't reach this far. So it's understandable that the girl hasn't encountered anything too strange.

"Well... we could ask him, right?"
    Freddie suggests. "All the other dryads that I've met talk to their trees all the time. Though... their trees walk too..."

So that might change things around a bit.

"Anyway! I think I see a good spot to gather some herbs. And it's near your tree, too! We should go down there."

The Huldra nods in agreement with his assessment.
    Salix nods. "Okay, we can try. I can kinda talk to him." Dryads are funny like that. "Come on, let's go!" The little girl starts rapidly climbing down to the ground.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Down a Tree]

Back down they go!

No doubt it will be an exciting and silly adventure!

Or some such.

Freddie will allow the dryad girl to lead the way to her tree. Mostly because he doesn't know exactly how to get there.

Who knows what kind of adventures they'll have on the way there!

Like an owl!

Freddie totally spots an owl sleeping in the hollow trunk of a dead tree on the way. That might be exciting?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

{Vidalia's Room}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Even if he wasn't going to eat himself, he'd still bring plates.

Butler serves himself a bit, though not as much as Vidalia and not as heavy on the toppings as he sits down in the chair she got for him.
    Vidalia begins to eat, telling Butler of her adventures of the past couple days, in better detail than her player can recall...

.... and then, this nasty ghoul creature just appeared. Luckily, we were not that close to it, because it spit this nauseous orange goober at me.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grove Outside GLoG]

Salix rushes through the trees eagerly, not even bothering to look backward to make sure Freddie is keeping up. "Here we are!" After a walk through the woods, the pair have emerged in a small clearing. Opposite them is a large weeping willow tree, distinctive in it's size and a sort of feeling of majesty. It's no ordinary tree. A few meters on the opposite side of the tree is a stream. It flows from where there is a slope to their left. The slope is also dotted with a few holes on their side of the stream.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clearing

"No, it's an easy thing to do..."

It's possible to make things with pixie dust, just limited by the size and complexity of the object. Helium is easy to make, it's simple and you can make a lot of it. Jut make the wrong kind of helium. Make the electrons positrons, the protons negtrons. The result is that there is suddenly a large amount of matter reacting with a large amount of antimatter.

What's the payload on a lot of antimatter? Enough to cause a mushroom could, irradiate everything in a large radius... sheesh, it might even register on Inside's Apoca-shields.

"I'm not going to tell you. I'm not going to tell anyone ever. I'm going to take that to my grave and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me. No one must know. Ever."

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

{Vidalia's Room}

"That doesn't sound very nice of it ma'am." Whatever goober is. Or nauseous. Or ghoul.

All the same, it sounded kind of mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #847

[Grove outside the Camp Site]

"It's very pretty here," the Huldra says brightly as he trots through the meadow. "And your tree is quite handsome."

Is that the word to describe a tree?

Freddie really isn't sure.

But better than nothing!

After a few moment's thought he decides that now would be an ideal time to roll about in the grass.

And so he does so!

It looks very silly!

8. - Top - End - #848

Clearing

Mintbalm shakes her head, "I mean it Katie. If you really thought it would hurt people and you tried to do it with pixie dust, all you'd get is a splitting headache. It's like Mother Forest flicking you in the head and tsking her tongue at you." Mintbalm's metal arms try to encircle Kate in a loose hug, possibly scraping against her shoulders a bit.

"So it's okay, see?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grove outside the Camp Site]

"You're silly." Salix says with a giggle. She lies down on the grass facing him and props her head in her hands. Something occurs to her. "Um, what do you eat?"

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clearing

Kate hugs Mintbalm back a bit, but is obviously still shaken. "Are you sure? I mean, I would never do it, but... the thought that I could..."

She shudders.

11. - Top - End - #851

Clearing

Mintbalm nods, "Trust me, every pixie has tried it once, maybe even twice, when they got really angry with someone else. Hurting people with pixie dust just doesn't fly. Speaking of flying... want to go again?" That'll take Kate's mind off things, right?
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #852

[Grove]

Freddie is kind of silly.

And he hadn't ever known before just how much fun it is to roll around in the grass!

Weeee!

Rolling!

When asked about food he sits upright and sneezes!

"Pfft!"

Dog-sneeze!

"Well... I eat ghosts, actually. That's why I came to Glog in the first place. It was haunted and I was sure that the people here would be happy if I got rid of the ghosts. But it turned out that they liked them."

Crazy Glog folks.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    {Vidalia's Room}

"That doesn't sound very nice of it ma'am." Whatever goober is. Or nauseous. Or ghoul.

All the same, it sounded kind of mean.
    No, it wasn't very nice. Luckily Freddie was there. He made it regret spitting at me. she says, then takes another bite. Mm, this is good. she says after swallowing.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #854
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clearing

"No... no. I just need some time to calm down. I just need some time to calm down and-man I am short. I just now noticed that. I must have a lot of pixie power in me. I need some time to get back to normal. And relax and maybe not think some... I feel like I'm being pulled around by my own brain. Can't think clear... it's like-what?"

Kate looks at the orange furry thing that got into her face and-oh. That's her antenna. How silly of her.

"I just need some time alone to calm down, okay?"

15. - Top - End - #855

Clearing

Oh, would you look at that, she is pretty short right now. Still taller than Minty though, but only barely after the roboticizing added to her woes. That brings up another point, should they reverse it and make Kate's situation even worse, or leave it as is and let her go back to normal?

"I can reverse the robot thing on us both, if you want. It might make you even more... loopy though." Of course, walking around as a robot would be weird. Mintbalm intends to turn back as soon as Kate is taken care of.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clearing

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead, it's better if you do it and get it done now. no point putting it off."

Presumably, that is done. "Hey, see you around okay? I had fun."

17. - Top - End - #857

Clearing

The effect is dispelled! Mintbalm has to use more dust on it than Kate would, being less elegant with her removals, but she gets it done all the same. Of course, afterwards Kate will be about 4'6" from all the fey energy rolling through her, and Mintbalm can't resist teasing her a little.

"See you too short-stuff. I'm really glad we can just be friends again." Mintbalm leans in and tries to peck Kate on the forehead innocently. She wants to see if she can do this and not feel anything, as a measure of how over her crush she is. Still, if Kate doesn't look like she'll allow it, the pixie will back off.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clearing

Kate will put one finger up when Mintbalm moves in for the kiss. "No, Minty, every mite of dust is to be avoided at this point. Keep in mind that added to any slight effect of the kiss would be the effect of the dust needed to- no. Wait. That's a mundane kiss, isn't it? Gah, even if it is I would throw down a dispell out of paranoia. I'm not thinking straight right now, you know?"

She shakes her head. "Anyway, I'm glad we can be friends, too."

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    No, it wasn't very nice. Luckily Freddie was there. He made it regret spitting at me. she says, then takes another bite. Mm, this is good. she says after swallowing.
    {Vidalia's Room}

"Who is Freddie ma'am?" Butler is unaware of this person! As far as he knows anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

A young girl with red horns, red hair, and a red tail appears in the main lodge. Her clothes are a little torn up.
    "Jit, watch out-"
    Then she seems to realize she's somewhere else.
    "Hello?"
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Clearing

Kate will put one finger up when Mintbalm moves in for the kiss. "No, Minty, every mite of dust is to be avoided at this point. Keep in mind that added to any slight effect of the kiss would be the effect of the dust needed to- no. Wait. That's a mundane kiss, isn't it? Gah, even if it is I would throw down a dispell out of paranoia. I'm not thinking straight right now, you know?"

She shakes her head. "Anyway, I'm glad we can be friends, too."
    Clearing

Mintbalm smiles, pulling back, "Just a friendly gesture, no magic involved. Still, I'll do you a better favor and let you get better with any paranoia then. Hope you get better soon Katie. You can reach me the same way as always, just walk through a park, maybe whistle a bit, and I'll probably notice."

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Grove]

Freddie is kind of silly.

And he hadn't ever known before just how much fun it is to roll around in the grass!

Weeee!

Rolling!

When asked about food he sits upright and sneezes!

"Pfft!"

Dog-sneeze!

"Well... I eat ghosts, actually. That's why I came to Glog in the first place. It was haunted and I was sure that the people here would be happy if I got rid of the ghosts. But it turned out that they liked them."

Crazy Glog folks.
    [Grove]

"Ghosts? You mean those see through people?" Salix knows nothing of ghosts. "I just wanted to make sure that you don't eat the same things regular hombil do. There's a warren of bunnies here."

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Main Lodge]

A young girl with red horns, red hair, and a red tail appears in the main lodge. Her clothes are a little torn up.
    "Jit, watch out-"
    Then she seems to realize she's somewhere else.
    "Hello?"
    From a nearby room, there's a noise. A small clatter. Since the Main Lodge also has a kitchen, it seems reasonable to presume that something's in there and is up to no good.

Or making a snack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Danae creeps towards the noise, staying as quiet as she can.

She also remembers she currently has horns and a tail, which promptly vanish.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #865

[Grove]

Mmm...

Tasteh bunnies...

"I don't think I have to actually eat anything that most people would consider food,"
    the Huldra replies thoughtfully. "Though I can still taste things. Despite things tasting different than I remember..."

New tongue and all.

He'll then move to prod the dryad toward her tree.

"C'mon! Go ask him!"

They need to find out if he wants to learn to walk still!

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Danae creeps towards the noise, staying as quiet as she can.

She also remembers she currently has horns and a tail, which promptly vanish.
    Kitchen

Why it's a sabretooth tiger that got into the pantry! The Applehills will not be pleased.

Spoiler
    Show

Right now it seems to be having a fight with the flour so its face is rather white. The tiger image above does not quite have the teeth this one does. It hasn't noticed Danae yet.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-05-17 at 11:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grove]

"Oh right!" Salix pushes herself to her feet and hurries over to her tree. She pauses before it for a moment then lays her hands on its trunk. She closes her eyes and presses her ear against it.

The dryad stays that way for a little while. "I don't think he knows what I mean." Salix says as she opens her eyes. Talking with plants isn't like talking to people, or even animals.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Danae smiles.
    "Here kitty kitty."
    Her words are accompanied by a small charm spell.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen

Mister Buttons turns to look at Danae and tilt his head a bit, curious. He licks some of the white off his nose, his tail twitching slowly behind him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

"Come here."
    Her voices has a note of command similar to that of the small child ordering around the parent, but with some actual authority in it.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro