New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Sapling Cabin

They're adorable to Julie too! However, she pauses as she looks at the cribs, "Do we have any shared cribs I could put these two into? They tend to get very fussy if they aren't around people or sleeping, and I've found the best way to solve that is to keep them next to each other."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

If Scylla is picked up, she affects a glare at whomever woke her, as if to say You dare wake me from my slumber? You know not what you trifle with, foolish woman!

It's probably the cutest look she's had on her face ever, as being a baby means no malevolence comes across in any way.

Given that Harnel knows how to deal with dogs, he immediately offers up a hand for Flamecrest to sniff when she starts smelling him. He'll smell of wood smoke (Cedar, in particular).

"Thanks. Flamecrest is beautiful as well. Though... if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you? There's so many different sorts of people in the Nexus that I lose track sometimes, and I can't know them all." He seems embarrassed about needing to ask at all.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-06-03 at 06:03 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

Kate approaches the cabin, a bit of a bounce in her step. Compared to how she left yesterday, Kate is looking... uh... not much taller. While you can't tell at this distance, she's actually two inches shorter (4'2") than she was yesterday.

As Kate approaches the cabin, she sees Harnel! Oh! She stops a ways back and waits for him to finish his conversation.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"That's a bit more complicated then you might think." Renetta says. "But I suppose the best way to put it is that I'm basically a wolfen." She certainly doesn't seem offended. She didn't know what a wolfen was before either after all.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Mushroom Cellar

"I don't know."
    Pathfinder admits. "If something doesn't happen to me, I could have a lifespan of centuries, but with how everything is..." He gives a soft chuckle. "Other than that, it doesn't change who I am, does it?"

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Sure! The cabin has everything babies need! Brinika is happy to show Julie what she needs although since her enthusiasm makes her hyperactive like a chimpunk on a sugar rush, it'll probably be Pansy who'll actually explain things. After the babies are all settled, Brinika will proceed to fuss over them and either amuse them or let them sleep, depending on what they seem inclined to.

[Mushroom Cellar]

Reelshka smiles. No, it doesn't. You're still the same Pathfinder, I can tell.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1417

Sapling Cabin

Julie snickers a bit at the grumpy-butt face Scylla is making and dabs at her cheeks to wipe off any sleeptime drool that might have accumulated there.

"Don't give me that look you little terror, I'll have to in a nice cozy bed with sissy in no time." Punctuating the words with a kiss to Scylla's hairline, Julie follows Brinika to the larger cribs where she can settle both babies in comfortably.

As Prism is being laid down, she finally wakes up, her silver eyes rove over Brinika and her mother before landing on her sister. She immediately rolls over onto her stomach and crawls over to Scylla, flopping down beside her and reaching out to grab hold of Scylla's lavender shirt.

Baby snuggles!
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

Nobody thought of double cribs, so Brinika is probably showing Julie to a playpen. "Oh ho ho, a trouble maker are you? Just like my Lily, I'll warrant," Pansy says to Scylla. "We would probably need to order in a proper double crib, but I'm sure this will do for now."

Tito is here as well, and is much calmer than Brinika. He obviously likes the babies, but he's mostly helping out with things that don't involve handling the babies directly. He's awfully little and still not sure he won't break them.

Not that that's a worry with Scylla and Prism. They're almost as big as he is.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-06-03 at 06:41 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Scylla is grumpy the entire time she's picked up, from kisses from mommy to looking towards Pansy.

"Prism!" Scylla says excitedly once her sister is put down beside her, the entire grumpy face routine vanishing completely. Baby snuggles are had, with Scylla's tentacles trying to wrap around Prism's legs.

Elswhere, Harnel raises his eyebrows, and then chuckles, "Of course, sorry. I've met a few already - maybe you've met them? I was part of the group that helped Waterstrider and Pathfinder's group of slaves escape," Harnel thinks for a moment, "Or... beat all the slavers into submission. That's a bit more accurate."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-06-03 at 06:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

Harnel is talking to a wolf person. the wolf person has a baby. Don't wolves give birth to litters? Maybe...

Kate will stand there looking distracted until she sees a chance to go over and talk to Harnel.

Because just standing there looking distracted is less awkward than trying to smoothy enter a conversation. This is true for Kate, no matter how close to pixie she is.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Oh, oh my goodness. I was there. You helped save me too. I hadn't even realized." Renetta says, embarrassed to not have known that. "I'm actually Waterstrider's, um, mate. I don't believe we actually met at all."

12. - Top - End - #1422

Sapling Cabin

Julie smiles at the two in the playpen, then turns around to thank Pansy, "They'll be fine there for today, and who knows, maybe they'll get to meet new friends. I really do have to get going though, so thank's for watching these two for me, and try not to let them get too rambunctious." Julie steps out of the door so she doesn't disturb anyone, and then flame-teleports back to her own cabin to pick up her purse. It's a lovely day, so she'll probably fly to Inside for those things rather than take the Riftline. Gives her a chance to stretch her wings.

Somehow, she completely misses Kate standing awkwardly near Harnel. Must be the new height.

Prism doesn't respond verbally, but she does do something back for Scylla in the form of a tiny little light show. A ribbon of cold blue light dances between their heads, then slowly spirals upwards to float around the playpen cheerily.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Scylla giggles a little baby giggle at Prism's light show, before adding her own violet lights to the mix. they're not as refined, or such, but they do swirl around the cold blue light.

Harnel grins, "you were there? I hadn't realized there were wolfen besides Waterstrider or his brother there. I'm sorry that i didn't get a chance to meet you before."

And then he catches sight of Kate, and waves for her to come over, "Oh, hello, Kate. It's been a while."

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"I wasn't actually a wolfen then. It's sort of complicated." And a rather long story that Renetta won't be going into at the moment. Especially since there seems to be someone new approaching. "Hello. It's Kate? I'm sure I've seen you around here before. I'm Renetta."

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

Kate rushes over to Harnel, having been invited over. Harnel should now notice that she's *over a foot* shorter than she was last time he saw her.

...oh, and the fuzzy antenna. Those are kind of noticeable.

"Harnel! It's been a while! I have, like, half a dozen things to say to you!"

"I don't remember what they are. Oh hi there, yes, I'm Kate Kyland." She offers a handshake.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Would one of those half-dozen have to do with the fact that you've apparently shrunk and gained a pair of antennas?" Harnel says curiously.

Cora will begin reaching towards Flamecrest. There's another baby! That isn't her brother! =O

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Renetta shifts her hold on Flamecrest so she can shake Kate's hand. "Nice to meet you." She's never seen Kate that closely before, so she can't really comment on Harnel's question.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

A hand shake! Okay.

"Oh, yes, well, it's a long story, but after an odd series of evens I'm part pixie now? And if I get exposed to fariy magic I start to regress into a pixie. And between half a dozen different things, I had a huge dose of it yesterday so I'm pretty pixie like right now."

"Oh, and the closer to pixie I get the more pixielike my mindset is, and as a result I'm a little odd right now. And it might mess with my memory, I guess?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-06-03 at 08:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

[Firepit]

Quinn waves to the departing Cat and Freddy. Then gets mauled by the vengeful ghost of continuity.

[Lakeshore]

Jamie (her player having lost track of the plotlet) produces a sketchpad and pencil and starts sketching her companions.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods near the Firepit]

I beseech the vengeful ghost of continuity to stay its hand a while longer, for I would find it helpful

There is a fairly loud explosion in the air above the woods and something burning drops from the sky, crashing into the woods.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mushroom Cellar]

Reelshka smiles. No, it doesn't. You're still the same Pathfinder, I can tell.
    Mushroom Cellar

Pathfinder smiles in return, but it fades after a moment when he looks back down at his paw. "I haven't told the Applehills yet. Lily and Tito..." He shakes his head. Neither of them would likely understand and he didn't want to worry them any more.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    The pink dinosaurs eyes go wide. She had never seen such a humongous bounty in her whole life. "Raaawr Rawr." *I don't think we could eat ever eat so many leaves.
    Outside

Since Andy doesn't know if that is a good or bad idea he still holds the dinos.

"Well. That should be talked about. I think it would be bad if you eat all leafs and the trees die."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Mushroom Cellar

Pathfinder smiles in return, but it fades after a moment when he looks back down at his paw. "I haven't told the Applehills yet. Lily and Tito..." He shakes his head. Neither of them would likely understand and he didn't want to worry them any more.
    Reelshka tries to take his changed paw and squeeze it reassuringly.
    I'm sure they'll understand. You're like family to them, she says. Pathfinder knows that, of course, but sometimes such things need to be said aloud.

[Sapling Cabin]

Ooooh. They can talk already? Brinika asks, amazed, as she stares at the light show.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #1434

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Outside

Since Andy doesn't know if that is a good or bad idea he still holds the dinos.

"Well. That should be talked about. I think it would be bad if you eat all leafs and the trees die."
    Outside
    "Rawr..."*Oh...
    The tiny dinosaur looked a bit sad now...the thought of living in a fantastic paradise of delicious leaves had now been dashed away!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #1435

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

You could say so. And now... what was your father like? Sophie asks, managing not to slip into a pseudo-German accent. Of course, she speaks with a French accent most of the time anyway.
    Wealthy. Powerful. Driven. Kind and loving. Toby says tersely.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Mhmm. Touchy subject, looks like. All the better reason to find out more. Interesting. And now it's your turn.

27. - Top - End - #1437

[Maple Cabin]

Toby produces a knife and a stick and begins whittling. At what point did you realize, I mean when did it really sink in for you, that this place is insanely different from the real world?

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie ponders this for a while.
    That depends on what you mean by "real world". If you mean my own homeworld, then it happened very soon, when it became clear everyone knows that supernatural beings walk among them, and that those supernatural beings aren't really any different from others.

29. - Top - End - #1439

[Maple Cabin]

Reality is constant. This Nexus is far too capricious, mercurial, and protean to be the real world. Are you putting that classical education to good use, Toby, or just prepping for the SATs? But yeah, I know what you mean. People accept things like Deities walking around here, but where I was born, nobody can even prove that a single God exists.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Gods... I never thought about gods back home. It was enough to know that monsters exist, but hide from everyone. Anyway... time for the next question. What was your childhood like? The answer to this one is bound to be interesting...