New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Shadowrun 4E: Ghost Cartels, Chapter 1: A Stranger in our House

Typhoon only gets aholographic smilie as answer that shakes his head in a way that says: "you should know better that to ask"

You each retrieve the RFID chips stored in the locker and then meet up in front of the club, where Kitaru is in for a suprise. While Nova is dressed nice and apropriately and Typhoon acceptable, both Sparks and Gears are dressed as if the meeting was in a normal bar, despite them looking for the best clothes they had. Kitaru assumes that they wouldnt get into the clubs she usually frequents that way and would be really suprised if they were allowed into one of the most exclusive clubs in Seattle like this.

There are still 15 minutes until the meeting time.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks
    "Wait... why are you so dressed up? It's only 7's pub down the street..." Sparks says.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

<Ah, that's a shame Tabby... if these are good for another time I would be glad to lend you my pass //Typhoon>

"This is how I always dress ... "

<You would not believe how hard it is to get bloodstains out of this shirt (actually surprisingly easy) //Typhoon>

"Also, it doesn't hurt to look a little bit sharp."
    I say with a faked smile

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks
    "Aw frag, is it 7's or 77?" Sparks asks.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"I am afraid it is 77 ... " Mac responds.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks
    "Drek, well, it is Renton, there's definitely no shortage of malls... why don't you guys go first and we'll catch up? Tell 'em we got held up in traffic or something?" Sparks asks.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #217

WolfInSheepsClothing

As Kitaru sees her companions approach she inwardly recoils in horror at their attire. You would think they would at least bother to put on a clean shirt. And we are meeting Johnson in 15, no time to really go shopping for them.

"Quick," she says "Come here." She begins chanting over Sparks. As they stand there, his clothes begin to change in appearance. In a moment you can't even tell if it is the same outfit.

Spoiler
    Show

I have a chance to cast Fashion! Force 3.
    Spellcasting + Magic= (9d6)[5][2][5][6][3][2][6][4][2](35)

Drain (resist 1)
    Willpower+Charisma=(10d6)[3][2][3][2][5][4][2][5][4][5](35)

And for kicks, let's see how fashionable I can get
    Artisan+Intuition=(6d6)[2][2][2][4][5][1](16)

Looking over to Gears, "Alright, unless you really mind me dressing you; your turn."

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcasting + Magic= (9d6)[1][2][3][5][6][6][3][2][1](29)

Drain (resist 1)
    Willpower+Charisma=(10d6)[6][6][1][2][3][2][2][2][4][4](32)

And for kicks, let's see how fashionable I can get
    Artisan+Intuition=(6d6)[2][2][3][3][4][3](17)
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks
    "Whoa, thanks Kit, guess I owe you one," Sparks says as he admires his new threads.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #219

AssassinGuy

Kitarus magic transforms Gears and Sparks clothes into nice formal suits. While its not the finest quality Kitaru has ever done, its surely good enough to be accepted in the club.

The street adress takes you to a nondescript walk-up between a neighborhood bar and a men´s clothing store. There you are very politely greeted by security which asks you to hand over any weapons you have with you. One member of the security team also takes Sparks and Kitaru aside and very politely informs them that using magic of any kind is prohibited within the club.
    Then you are led through top of the line chemsniffers and MAD scanners into the club. A hostess asks you to follow her towards a back room. On the way you manage to get a look at some of the other guests including some celebreties such as actors, musicians, politicians and Kitaru even manages to spot the Dean of her university. The odors of the food are almost intoxicatingly good and the bar which you pass by is filled with the best drinks you have heard of.

In the backroom a troll is waiting for you, whom Gears has already seen through his drone on the last mission.
    "Greetings!
    I am Kaz Yakamura, second in command of the Kommun´go Seoulpa Ring."

Kaz is a very tall and thin troll. He may not look as menacing as some other trolls you´ve met, but something about him inspires respect.

"First I´d like to personally thank you for good work so far. Consider the invitation here as another sign of my gratitude. Let´s order something before we get to the new business at hand."

He sends for a waiter who takes your orders and then starts some friendly smalltalk. The food is probably the best you´ve ever eaten and it isnt until well into the second course until he starts talking about the new job.

"Now, heres the situation I called you in for: Jania Shields, a reporter for a local news station, was found dead in her apartment in Tacoma earlier today. She had been sniffing around in the local drugscene and started to use tempo while doing so. I have reasons to believe that she died of an overdose.
    If this is true and becomes public knowledge I fear that that will shine more public attention to tempo than I would like. So what I would like you to do is to prevent any autopsy and make the body disappear. Specifically, I want you to break into the DocWagon Clinic where the body is stored, delete any results of medical tests already done and deliver the body to a contact of mine with the Tamanous.
    Payment would be 8k nuyen each, and I can offer a bonus of 2k each if you also aquire the records of Jania Shields investigation and deliver them to me.
    Does that sound acceptable?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Gears stands motionless while Kitaru does her thing. Looking to his new clothers (suit, shirt, tie, shoes, the whole package) he has to admit he looks sharp. It's not his prefered clothing nor the most comfortable, but it'd do just fine for the meeting. "I appreciate this, Kitaru. Picking up clothing and knowing what's good enough isn't my forte."

Inside the club:
    Even though Gears has seen him before, seeing him face-to-face has a very diferent feeling then seeing through the eyes of a drone. Somehow, he seems bigger now.

He ate the food, thinking to himself that high society does have its own perks, although in the end he'd be more interessed in checking out the other patrons rides. It seems like a straight foward enough job, kind of like the previous one, but he'll wait for the others before chimming in. Making deals and discussing contracts was above his confort zone.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

*orders a English Lager*
    (Knowledge: Beer) (6d6)[1][4][5][2][2][5](19)
    "Hmm... " Mac ponders for a bit ...
    (assuming that Kitaru has told me her name)
    Mac pulls Kitaru aside, and starts whispering in her ear
    "So, how much do you think it would cost in order to become a member here, or possibly get another two admission passes? I think our handler deserves a little bit of a treat."
    Last edited by Sir Rigel; 2012-09-05 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Forgot the colors again... whoops...

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks
    Sparks took in the sights. He'd never visited any place so upscale before. When the offer was made, he kept quiet, letting the others do the talking.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #223

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf1210 View Post
    Kitarus magic transforms Gears and Sparks clothes into nice formal suits. While its not the finest quality Kitaru has ever done, its surely good enough to be accepted in the club.
    Actually given my low magic score, three hits is the best I can do without risking physical damage.

To Gears before the meeting:
    "Anytime. And remind me to change them again when we leave. The change is permanent, and I understand if you want your old clothes back.."

Inside:
    Kitaru's eyes are anime sized as she tries to take in the club.

Spoiler
    Show

In response to Mac's question, does Kitaru know how much it would cost to get Tammy in here?

Intuition+Seattle Clubs=(8d6)[3][5][2][3][2][3][5][4](27)

Following the hostess to the backroom, Kitaru listens to the troll's offer. She is concerned about working for the Kommun´go Seoulpa. While technically not the Yakuza, she doubts her parents would like her to get involved with those guys either. Oh well, better not tell them.

After he finishes, Kitaru answers "That sounds quite doable, and I thank you for thinking of us again. The only thing which concerns me is the involvement of the Tamanous. Working with them can give people in our line of work a certain reputation which can make future employment more difficult. I'm sure you understand we have to think of how we can continue to pay our bills...."

Spoiler
    Show

First, can I assume Kitaru knows in general terms who the Kommun´go Seoulpa and Tamanous are?

Also, negotiation to see if he will up the price....
    Negotiation+Charisma: (13d6)[1][3][3][1][1][6][6][5][2][4][2][4][4](42)

(Since she was politly asked not to use magic, she is not using kinesics. I am using glamour since I'm not sure I can turn it off.)
    Last edited by a_humble_lich; 2012-09-05 at 06:48 AM.
    --Will S.

14. - Top - End - #224

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you want to get Tabby in here one time as a guest, or do you want to organize a membership for her?
    The first would cost a favor from Kaz plus whatever she consumates during her visit and the prices are quite high. Also the number of guests a member can bring with him over the course of a year is severly limited, so it does cost Kaz something to get her in there.
    The second would cost a bigger favor from Kaz to sponsor her, a 500 nuyen annual membership fee plus whatever she spends there. To be able to afford regular visits would require her to increase the "Entertainment" part of her Lifestyle costs to High, which you assume is not in her budget at the moment.

And yes, you have a basic knowledge of the Komun´go and the Tamanous.

Kaz smiles at Kitarus concerns:
    "The disposal of the body from the Tamanous is just an offer from me. If you find another way to make absolutely sure that the body will never ever be found, I have no problem with that. But I hate loose ends. Make sure not to leave any behind."

After a bit of haggling, Kitaru manages to increase the base pay to 9k each with a third of it up front.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks
    "So, sneak in, remove records, dispose of body, deliver records. Did I miss anything?" Sparks asks.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #226

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well, if my compatriots agree, I think this sounds quite acceptable." Kitaru says, looking around at the others.
    --Will S.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

"It seems straightfoward. I'm in."

18. - Top - End - #228

AssassinGuy

Kaz Yakamura nods with a smile:
    "Excellent.
    The body should be in the DocWagon Clinic on the Tacoma waterfront. If you have any more questions later on, you can contact Dae. She should have all necessary information including the contact with the Tamanous if you decide to use them."

He finishes his meal and if there are no more questions he turns to leave.
    "I wish you all good luck. You can enjoy your stay for a while here if you like, but dont take too much time. Who knows how long you have until the autopsy starts."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Gears is ready to roll when the others are.

"Before we begin, it'd be good to have the floor plan for Clinic or at least where the backdoor is."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I am a little bit more interested on where the morgue is, is it in a basement, is does it have windows, and more importantly, will I be able to do what I do best ... which is distance shooting ...

21. - Top - End - #231

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looking wistfully at the club, Kitaru replies "I guess I can go now too. I say we just head down there, I talk my way into the morgue and if there are any problems you come in guns blazing to back me up."
    --Will S.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks
    "It's a DocWagon clinic, not a morgue... might just be a minor difference, but if the DocWagon quick response teams are housed there, they could be a real problem," Sparks says.

He takes another bite of his cheeseburger.

"Any way we can find out?" he asks, mouth only partially full.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I could map it out with my drones, but the fastest way would be to find the floor plan. Maybe it's on the Matrix."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Hmm ... *sips on beer* We should really get on this... Gears, can you do the search on the way over? I assume it should not take too terribly long ... "

Ponders for a moment

Snaps fingers

I got it! I could get a membership, and let her come out here on occasion!

Looks around, and lowers head slightly

Er uh ... So, anything else that we need to get before we pull this off?
    Last edited by Sir Rigel; 2012-09-11 at 12:42 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Clinic, Morgue it is all the same. I walk up smile at the guards and convince them I'm supposed to be there, and they let me in. But we can start with trying it your way I guess"
    --Will S.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can search the Matrix for the plans on the go, so we may start with tact. If they caught us in they'll be more alert so it's easier to dupe them first. The problem is, if it isn't openly on the Matrix, I won't be able to acess it, although the clinic itself should have it somewhere. Still, I'm not good with non physical stuff, hacking is out of my leage. Nova'd be a better fit."

27. - Top - End - #237

AssassinGuy

After leaving the 77 to get wireless access again, Nova manages to dig up some information about the Clinic:
    The clinic is the primary DocWagon madical facility for the Tacoma area. Gicen the proximity to Outremer and the heavy sea traffic in the area, the facility possesses a High Threat Response water retrieval team and a dock of its own, as well as the usual EMT air and ground response teams. Security seems to be as tight as with any important corp asset including 2 raildrones with mounted Ingram White Knight LMGs on the perimeter fence and a multitude of cameras, all of which are controlled by a security spider.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Sparks

Sparks gives a low whistle.

"Drek, that's a lot of security," he says.
    "Think we can bluff our way in?" he asks.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #239

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I'm sure we could bluff our way in, how hard can it be. I'd like to know also what kind of astral security they have. If there is that much physical security I assume they have some spirits patrolling or something.

Anyone a DocWagon member? Somebody could get shot and then get extracted. Then they would just have to get the body and escape.
    "
    --Will S.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I ... wish... Their contracts are a tad bit out of my price range.

Hmm, Nova, out of curiosity what buildings are around the clinic, I think I may have a plan.

Mac then sends a quick text out to our Fixer friend:
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Hey Tabby, how fast can you get a Docwagon Quick Response Vehicle, and the IDs to match? The more battered the better, along with some White Phosphorus, and some black smoke grenades?//Typhoon>

What do you guys know about the local gangs ... the more convincing the better.