New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Mystic thought about it for a while. What could she tell this mare that was a reasonable thing to discuss?

"Well, before this whole....thing happened-" she says, referring to the war, the world going to hell, all that "I wanted to be a singer. Not sure what kind since I never managed to get that far before it became irrelevant, but it's what I'd like to have done. And maybe still like to do one day." she says.

"You sing?" She asked in surprise as she looked at the mare. She then had an idea, and came off bashful about it. "C-..could you sing me a little something?"

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "You sing?" She asked in surprise as she looked at the mare. She then had an idea, and came off bashful about it. "C-..could you sing me a little something?"
    "Sure. What kind of song would you like to hear?" Mystic asks.

She specialized in Silent Hill music.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

"Sure. What kind of song would you like to hear?" Mystic asks.

She specialized in Silent Hill music.
    "I dunno...something nice and cheery, or mushy in the romantic sort?" () She asked being kinda cute about it.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

"I dunno...something nice and cheery, or mushy in the romantic sort?" () She asked being kinda cute about it.
    Mystic thought for a bit. She didn't have much in the way of that. The only thing she could think of off the top of her head was "I'll follow you into the dark" and a few cheesy country songs.

"Hmmm. Mind a country song?" she asks.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Mystic thought for a bit. She didn't have much in the way of that. The only thing she could think of off the top of her head was "I'll follow you into the dark" and a few cheesy country songs.

"Hmmm. Mind a country song?" she asks.
    "Oh no, I don't mind, I just really want to hear your sing, I'm curious," She said walking up to her with an adorkable bashful smile and tucked a bit of Mytic's mane behind her ear.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

".......Honestly, I have no words, at least not any conclusive words. You've stumped me with that last sentence of yours,"
    She said raising a brow, putting her oat shoveling hoof down on the table.
    "Forget it. I might not be able to go through with it anyhow." Rainbow sighs and scoops the last bit of her oatmeal.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Forget it. I might not be able to go through with it anyhow." Rainbow sighs and scoops the last bit of her oatmeal.

"I...understand though....you want to protect the ones you care about dearly....by any means....though....we...can't really so selfish like we want,"
    She wanly smiled staring at her empty oatmeal bowl.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    [Tyrol/Finally Released from Guard Duty]

A very tired and disheveled earth pony dragged himself through the door of their shared hotel room, and promptly flopped on the couch, too tired to even make it to the bed.
    Of course, through the whole of the last half of yesterday up until now Staccata was up to things that Tyrol should likely just nod and be grateful he's too tired to ask questions. At least it was 'mostly legal' stuff.

The mare takes one of the vials of potion and mixes it in with some convenient coffee and passes it to Tyrol. Hopefully he won't notice that coffee isn't supposed to glow orange.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh no, I don't mind, I just really want to hear your sing, I'm curious," She said walking up to her with an adorkable bashful smile and tucked a bit of Mytic's mane behind her ear.
    "Scratch that. Thought of something better." Mystc says, clears her throat, and begins singing. Her voice sounds rather different than usual, but it's very nice and it's very clear why she wanted to be a singer one day. She easily could have pulled it off under better circumstances.

"...And I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there. I swear, like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there. For better or worse, till death do us part, I'll love you with every beat of my heart. And I swear..."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

"Scratch that. Thought of something better." Mystc says, clears her throat, and begins singing. Her voice sounds rather different than usual, but it's very nice and it's very clear why she wanted to be a singer one day. She easily could have pulled it off under better circumstances.

"...And I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there. I swear, like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there. For better or worse, till death do us part, I'll love you with every beat of my heart. And I swear..."

She had no idea who the original singer was, she didn't care, too busy was she watching in awe, that goofy bashful smile on her face, eyes round. She flushed red, of course.

"I...I think I just may swoon," She said putting her hoof to her forehead. Though, she was verging on swooning in reality. "You have a lovely voice Miss Mystic."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda blinked as the mare scrambled out of the door before she could put in a lecherous word. "That was... odd," she commented, shutting the door after the mare with a flicker of her horn.
    ...This could be the hormones we've been stirring up talking, but i thought she was gonna ask to join in for a second.

She quickly turned her attention back to Lone Star with a grin. "I believe we're in the middle of something..." Esmeralda pouted a little. "Or do you have to do your work first?"
    Lone Star grinned slyly. Oh, we've got an hour till she comes back... His tail started to swish. Unless you can think of a better way to spend it, I suggest we work out some tension...His eyes roved her...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

She had no idea who the original singer was, she didn't care, too busy was she watching in awe, that goofy bashful smile on her face, eyes round. She flushed red, of course.

"I...I think I just may swoon," She said putting her hoof to her forehead. Though, she was verging on swooning in reality. "You have a lovely voice Miss Mystic."
    "Thank you, Miss Amber Grain." she says, a smile on her face. "Glad somepony appreciates it."

13. - Top - End - #673
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    With the two assassins having suspicious... at the very least... also including the dull ache of the flaming talons... armor, the griffon has to wonder what the entire rest of the group is doing. At least the opponents are both in front of him. The griffon takes off a few inches into the air, kicking up dirt and waiting for the assassins to strike.

Flying will offer him a little more mobility. Without his foreclaw, he can't use that talon to puncture the armor, but he's still got dexterity. He only needs to dodge the attack and grab.
    The dirt dazzes both assasins, not much Ironblade since he covers himself with the shield, but just as he tries to swing at the the griffon, Luka appears from behind and trips him, Ironblade obviously rolls harder..... And gets his head bucked harder cuz of that, his helmet clanks loudly and he's stunned on the ground, but he gets a glimpse of Luka throwing wild slashes on him.

Ironblade's stunned and getting overwhelmed, Whitestone's still dazed and open for an attack from the griffon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Ambush!
    "Yes...I think so..."
    He stands up and holds his head.
    Mile is still with a foreleg on him, pretty worried, Aisis is casting a minor heal on him just in case.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you, Miss Amber Grain." she says, a smile on her face. "Glad somepony appreciates it."
    She returned the smile, well, her silly version. They were so busy talkin and cleaning at the same-ish time, that they probably didn't realize 'til now that the dining room was all nice and tidy.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I...understand though....you want to protect the ones you care about dearly....by any means....though....we...can't really so selfish like we want,"
    She wanly smiled staring at her empty oatmeal bowl.
    "True, Sir." Rainbow tapped her empty bowl from side to side. "Going back to check up on Sandy, sir. Coming?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

"True, Sir." Rainbow tapped her empty bowl from side to side. "Going back to check up on Sandy, sir. Coming?"

"Yes," She nodded once and put her bowl in the sink. She did still have a 'message' from Silverpine for Sandy. She would follow Rainbow.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Sandy's Room]

They would find Sandy laying muzzle-down into his pillow, eyes wide open. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had this much trouble taking a nap, especially after an all-nighter. This is the worst... he thought as he groaned into his pillow.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yes," She nodded once and put her bowl in the sink. She did still have a 'message' from Silverpine for Sandy. She would follow Rainbow.
    So the pair head down to Sandy's room. Rainbow knocks on the door then enters anyway.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-The Cirrus-Sandy's room

Gearstride followed after knocking on the frame of the door anyway and stepped through. "Heya Sandy, you awake?"

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

So the pair head down to Sandy's room. Rainbow knocks on the door then enters anyway.
    Gearstride-The Cirrus-Sandy's room

Gearstride followed after knocking on the frame of the door anyway and stepped through. "Heya Sandy, you awake?"
    They'd find the engineer described as above.

Sandy didn't look up from his pillow. "No, Cap'n. Fast asleep, as ordered. There's nothin' but shuteye goin' on in here. Requestin' backup sheep t'count, I've gone an' almost run out." Only hearing his Captain's voice, he assumed she was alone and may have put a little more snark than was necessary in his voice.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    They'd find the engineer described as above.

Sandy didn't look up from his pillow. "No, Cap'n. Fast asleep, as ordered. There's nothin' but shuteye goin' on in here. Requestin' backup sheep t'count, I've gone an' almost run out." Only hearing his Captain's voice, he assumed she was alone and may have put a little more snark than was necessary in his voice.

"Oh Sandy, you and sarcasm, its still an odd couple,"
    Gear chuckled flicking on the light, if it was off. "Unfortunately, all our back up countin' sheep went to the first lieutenant but I'll see what I can do."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Of course, through the whole of the last half of yesterday up until now Staccata was up to things that Tyrol should likely just nod and be grateful he's too tired to ask questions. At least it was 'mostly legal' stuff.

The mare takes one of the vials of potion and mixes it in with some convenient coffee and passes it to Tyrol. Hopefully he won't notice that coffee isn't supposed to glow orange.
    Tyrol accepted it without looking. "Thanks..." he mumbled and downed the coffee in one shot.

(Orange? Oh dear.)

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ...This could be the hormones we've been stirring up talking, but i thought she was gonna ask to join in for a second.

Lone Star grinned slyly. Oh, we've got an hour till she comes back... His tail started to swish. Unless you can think of a better way to spend it, I suggest we work out some tension...His eyes roved her...
    Esmeralda reached down and gave his flank a squeeze, still being pinned by Lone Star after all. "Tension is bad," she said, grinning again.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    The dirt dazzes both assasins, not much Ironblade since he covers himself with the shield, but just as he tries to swing at the the griffon, Luka appears from behind and trips him, Ironblade obviously rolls harder..... And gets his head bucked harder cuz of that, his helmet clanks loudly and he's stunned on the ground, but he gets a glimpse of Luka throwing wild slashes on him.

Ironblade's stunned and getting overwhelmed, Whitestone's still dazed and open for an attack from the griffon.
    The griffon charges at whitestone, putting the talons with the clipped claw as leverage to push Whitestone down. With his other set, he looks for a weakness in defense on the assassin's underside.

Tyrol accepted it without looking. "Thanks..." he mumbled and downed the coffee in one shot.

(Orange? Oh dear.)
    Orange isn't bad. Orange-red has some uses, but would be interesting here, but glowing magic orange isn't really something to be worried about, if you have drank enough potions to recognize magic by taste.

The orange potion in the coffee is something of an anti-fatigue measure. Maybe it'll work well enough for Tyrol to realize that you should never speed drink coffee or you'll burn yourself.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

She returned the smile, well, her silly version. They were so busy talkin and cleaning at the same-ish time, that they probably didn't realize 'til now that the dining room was all nice and tidy.
    "Anything else you care to hear about little old me?" Mystic asks, in a slightly flirtatious manner.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

"Anything else you care to hear about little old me?" Mystic asks, in a slightly flirtatious manner.
    She blushed, her body tense for a moment before it relaxed. She looked at Mystic and rubbed underneath her chin trying to think of something. "Well.....what is it that you do?....if you don't mind my asking."

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

She blushed, her body tense for a moment before it relaxed. She looked at Mystic and rubbed underneath her chin trying to think of something. "Well.....what is it that you do?....if you don't mind my asking."
    "Again, you're going to have to be way more specific." Mystic says, since there are about half-a-dozen different ways she could answer that question.

Soft Serve-Gwyn's Tower.

Soft was attempting something very very foolhardy.

She was showing up at Gwyn's towers without Pina Coladas or Cookies. The horror!

Okay, she did have cookies, but she thought she'd give just hanging out with Gwyn without bribes a shot. It was worth a try, right?

Soft was also wondering whatever happened to that Purple Wurm familiar Smoothie had gotten for the mare.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

"Again, you're going to have to be way more specific." Mystic says, since there are about half-a-dozen different ways she could answer that question.
    "I mean...for a living...but..." Her eyes went round with fretfulness. 'If this is actually stepping over the line as I am but a harem mare...please...I'm sorry."

---

Soft Serve-Gwyn's Tower.

Soft was attempting something very very foolhardy.

She was showing up at Gwyn's towers without Pina Coladas or Cookies. The horror!

Okay, she did have cookies, but she thought she'd give just hanging out with Gwyn without bribes a shot. It was worth a try, right?

Soft was also wondering whatever happened to that Purple Wurm familiar Smoothie had gotten for the mare.

The purple wurm critter, was there in the garden, eating the carcass of a freshly caught deer, which was three times its size. This Wrymple was still the size of a foal and hadn't hit its growth spurt yet.

As for Gwynfillion herself, she was dozing on her favorite stone bench in the garden. She laid on her back, her right fore hoof scratching her belly, mouth slightly open. It was kinda cute. She even had a cute snore for such a sometimes crude marebeast.

"Darn you...you dumb paladin...my cookies..."
    She said sporting a pout, she was obviously having a dream about the paladin. It was hard not to dream about the paladin who inserted themselves so firmly into your life.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

"I mean...for a living...but..." Her eyes went round with fretfulness. 'If this is actually stepping over the line as I am but a harem mare...please...I'm sorry."
    Mystic shrugs.

"There are a lot of corrupt nobles with a lot of dirty money. I find various ways to take this money from them in amounts they'll never notice or miss, over an amount of time that makes it add up to a lot. I try to play up the "Corrupt Noble" bit because it makes people underestimate me. I've killed some of the best assassins in Equestria simply because somebody wanted me gone, and they had no idea what they were dealing with." Mystic tells her. She left out a few other details like her taking the money of the assassins after they were killed. She was probably supplementing her income from other undefined places as well. That is, of course, assuming her answer was even true.

The purple wurm critter, was there in the garden, eating the carcass of a freshly caught deer, which was three times its size. This Wrymple was still the size of a foal and hadn't hit its growth spurt yet.

As for Gwynfillion herself, she was dozing on her favorite stone bench in the garden. She laid on her back, her right fore hoof scratching her belly, mouth slightly open. It was kinda cute. She even had a cute snore for such a sometimes crude marebeast.

"Darn you...you dumb paladin...my cookies..."
    She said sporting a pout, she was obviously having a dream about the paladin. It was hard not to dream about the paladin who inserted themselves so firmly into your life.
    Soft, deciding it would be a bad idea to wake up the mare, went over to the Wurm to see whether it was vicious or not. If it didn't seem vicious, she'd give it scritches.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Mystic shrugs.

"There are a lot of corrupt nobles with a lot of dirty money. I find various ways to take this money from them in amounts they'll never notice or miss, over an amount of time that makes it add up to a lot. I try to play up the "Corrupt Noble" bit because it makes people underestimate me. I've killed some of the best assassins in Equestria simply because somebody wanted me gone, and they had no idea what they were dealing with." Mystic tells her. She left out a few other details like her taking the money of the assassins after they were killed. She was probably supplementing her income from other undefined places as well. That is, of course, assuming her answer was even true.

The young Miss Amber Grain stood there in shocked silence. Mistress Mystic had to be pulling her leg right? Right? She just stared at her with big surprised round eyes as her brain tried to properly process this information.

"I....I....don't know how to comment here ma'am....I...I..." Her mind froze on her for a moment and she just slumped down to the floor on her haunches.

Soft, deciding it would be a bad idea to wake up the mare, went over to the Wurm to see whether it was vicious or not. If it didn't seem vicious, she'd give it scritches.

Wrymple happily cooed as Soft approached it, its rolls of teeth lined with blood and other fluids. It turn its head to the side as its eyes were tiny black dots on the sides of its head. It squealed and went to give Soft a slimy lick.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

The young Miss Amber Grain stood there in shocked silence. Mistress Mystic had to be pulling her leg right? Right? She just stared at her with big surprised round eyes as her brain tried to properly process this information.

"I....I....don't know how to comment here ma'am....I...I..." Her mind froze on her for a moment and she just slumped down to the floor on her haunches.
    "...Amber, I'm sorry, but I'm not the perfect mare. I've done some pretty horrible stuff, and probably will have to continue to do bad things if I want to see Equestria back to the way it was before everything kinda went to hell in a handbasket." Mystic says, trying to comfort her, but fairly certain it'll do jack squat.

Wrymple happily cooed as Soft approached it, its rolls of teeth lined with blood and other fluids. It turn its head to the side as its eyes were tiny black dots on the sides of its head. It squealed and went to give Soft a slimy lick.
    Soft made sure to coat herself with a ward against sharp teeth juuuust in case, but let the wurm lick her.