New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

Arvadraa

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Ya don't know about her? She's the best flier in Equestria, can pull off the Sonic Rainboom, 'n from what I've heard, scouts break down weepin' at the sight of her! ...Oh, right, ya've been isolated." Blades shook her head. "Ya'll hear about her sooner or later, anyway. So where should we check first? The gates?"
    "Um. Sonic what? Is that like a sub-sonic prism effect that I haven't ever heard or thought about until just now and damn Horne and his memories....

The gates sound good."

--

To The West Of Town

Taylor and Daniel sleep blissfully unaware that two conquering earth ponies are apparently heading in their direction.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Mach's Workshop

Outside in the thunderstorm, the trotsla coils are collecting the bountiful energy given off by the lightning. That's what they're designed to do, but a direct hit while the machine in operational isn't something Mach tested for, and could be bad, especially since he takes his house off the power grid to use it.

Back inside, the injured Lt. gets situated on the device getting ready to go, Mach looks towards the others, "So, ah, is he stable
    enough to draw blood from?"
    "Yes, he should be." Sunny says, since Grif didn't say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I'm not entirely sure....he's in stable critical condition...I think,"
    She knew it made no sense, but, she wasn't a doctor afterall. "What if...you were to use my blood? It had to be earth pony right?" Or so Benson thinks was the case.
    "Blood relies on blood types, type of pony is irrelevant. You could be a griffin for all it'll matter so long as your blood is compatible." Sunny says, since Soft thinks this probably works more like the real world, and different types of ponies probably had roughly the same blood.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Marzipan Manor

The kelpie skips about the first floor. She finds a featherduster this time and proceeds to try it out. Alas it was raining so there is no birds, rabbits, and other cute animals to help her clean.

The Bridge

Hover reassembles the three control leavers. The X axis is easy. The Y axis is tougher. And the Z axis lever is worse of all. The fourth lever is always broken. "Princess help us if that one ever gets fixed."

Mach's House

"Do not most ponies of the same type have the same blood type. I am a full blooded earth pony back five generations so my type is E (for earth pony). If The Lieutenant has any close unicorn or pegasus ancestors, we might not match well for plasma." announced the sniper.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Um. Sonic what? Is that like a sub-sonic prism effect that I haven't ever heard or thought about until just now and damn Horne and his memories....

The gates sound good."
    "Oh, it's one of the harder pegasus tricks, I've heard. Ya'll be able to ask most of 'em about it. Anyway, that gate idea-"

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Snowflake does indeed try to escape. And was tackled to the ground. She listened to their spiel a little reluctantly, blinking as they step away and disappear into the rain. She stared in their direction for a little more, before rushing to attend to both Flameshield and Silent. (Idle was mysteriously missed. I wonder why? ) After making sure they are okay, she quickly galloped into town looking for help.
    "Oh hey!" Blades grinned when she spotted Snowflake. "What's goin' on here? Some kind of trouble at the gate?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Marzipan Manor

The kelpie skips about the first floor. She finds a featherduster this time and proceeds to try it out. Alas it was raining so there is no birds, rabbits, and other cute animals to help her clean.
    Aubade stepped outside the bathroom all spic and span. She descended down the stairs to the parlor and kitchen. Tis up to Orzel to determine how well Lochbed cleaned up.

Mach's House

"Do not most ponies of the same type have the same blood type. I am a full blooded earth pony back five generations so my type is E (for earth pony). If The Lieutenant has any close unicorn or pegasus ancestors, we might not match well for plasma." announced the sniper.

"I believe my lineage is full pure earth pony,"
    Gear said furrowing her brows in uncertainty. She glanced at Mach. "If a blood test has to be done, please, do so with haste, I don't want us to waste any more time while the first lieutenant is like this."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Yes, he should be." Sunny says, since Grif didn't say otherwise.

"Blood relies on blood types, type of pony is irrelevant. You could be a griffin for all it'll matter so long as your blood is compatible." Sunny says, since Soft thinks this probably works more like the real world, and different types of ponies probably had roughly the same blood.

"I believe my lineage is full pure earth pony,"
    Gear said furrowing her brows in uncertainty. She glanced at Mach. "If a blood test has to be done, please, do so with haste, I don't want us to waste any more time while the first lieutenant is like this."
    Mach listens to the discussion for a moment trying to think of someway to elaborate without going into technobabble. "Well the blood just needs to ah, be sensitive to the same types of magic manipulation. It's a school of magic I'm not exactly proud that I had to research on to get this working..."

After trailing off a bit, Mach comes up with something to help with blood-type fears. "Aren't you all military, you should ah, have your blood types on record? But if it's okay we can just use Silverpine."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The damp house

Considering that Aubade did clean before they left, Lochbed couldn't have made much of a mess. She scrubs imaginary stain and dusts invisible dirt. The only issue is the wet floor. The kelpie's mane does not dry quickly and droplets of water are sprinkled everywhere she went. In the kitchen. In the parlor. Int the dining room. Everywhere little beads of water.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Mach listens to the discussion for a moment trying to think of someway to elaborate without going into technobabble. "Well the blood just needs to ah, be sensitive to the same types of magic manipulation. It's a school of magic I'm not exactly proud that I had to research on to get this working..."

After trailing off a bit, Mach comes up with something to help with blood-type fears. "Aren't you all military, you should ah, have your blood types on record? But if it's okay we can just use Silverpine."

"Like anyone keeps track of their own records, hurrr."

She took a deep breath intake, brows furrowed, yadda yadda. "Just please...do whatever you need to do to help him."

The damp house

Considering that Aubade did clean before they left, Lochbed couldn't have made much of a mess. She scrubs imaginary stain and dusts invisible dirt. The only issue is the wet floor. The kelpie's mane does not dry quickly and droplets of water are sprinkled everywhere she went. In the kitchen. In the parlor. Int the dining room. Everywhere little beads of water.

She mildly grimaced, she wasn't sure what to make of this. "Miss Lochbed...are you trying to clean?" Water stains...droplets...gyah...sprinkled everywhere. Random eye twitch.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Sunny pulls out Said records from her saddlebag and takes a look. "Yeah, the captain and Silverpine are compatible." she says, because why not.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Oh hey!" Blades grinned when she spotted Snowflake. "What's goin' on here? Some kind of trouble at the gate?"
    Snowflake slowed to a halt and could only nod furiously. She was too tired and a little addled beside to fly right now. "Help. Now," she wheezed. "Need. Medics."

Beayn just sort of looks confused before grabbing his gear in zombie-like adherence. Well at least he's been being dragged through physical training recently, so his saddlebags barely stagger him when they slide into place.

"Well that's... I mean yes sir... At least the rain will let up a while outside of town?"

Meanwhile, the griffon is observing all of this as inconspicuous as a griffon can be in a pony town and shakes his head. He might just have a few words with Storm about his selection here after they leave.
    Storm Cloak nodded with approval. "Alright you two. Get moving. Chop chop. Evil won't be scouted on their own. Dismissed."

Tyrol and Lemongrass looked at each other awkwardly, then at Luka. "Err... hi. I think... um... we probably should talk we walk." He gestured for Luka to follow him out. "Name's Lemongrass and my uptight friend here is Tyrol Shieldbearer. Egghead over there goes by the name Beayn."

"Please, Lemongrass. Not everypony shares your sense of humour."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed- Home of Marzipan

"Yes. A wee bit. Ah see ye were not finished so Ah murdered the remaining dirty dirt."

Lochbed goes back to dusting, humming a tun as she cleaned. "All dead. Wont my coltfriend be surprised."

Rainbow

The magenta pony just nodded twice. Loss of blood might mess up her aim. Can't have that.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed- Home of Marzipan

"Yes. A wee bit. Ah see ye were not finished so Ah murdered the remaining dirty dirt."

Lochbed goes back to dusting, humming a tun as she cleaned. "All dead. Wont my coltfriend be surprised."
    Interesting choice of words... She glanced to the side with a dead pan expression.

"W-why don't you relax...I'll take care of the rest,"
    She said with one of those closed eyes, forced awkward smile and chuckle expressions.

13. - Top - End - #73

Storm Cloak nodded with approval. "Alright you two. Get moving. Chop chop. Evil won't be scouted on their own. Dismissed."

Tyrol and Lemongrass looked at each other awkwardly, then at Luka. "Err... hi. I think... um... we probably should talk we walk." He gestured for Luka to follow him out. "Name's Lemongrass and my uptight friend here is Tyrol Shieldbearer. Egghead over there goes by the name Beayn."

Beayn just sort of follows along only managing a small, "But I'm not a-" before trailing off. After a few seconds he manages to pipe up.

"What's actually going on?"

Back at the guardhouse, the griffon approaches Storm Cloak once the four ponies leave. "The only one of those three I've seen handling a weapon has no leadership potential. One was recently pulled off of bodyguard duty because of an injury. And they have a civilian. I hope you see something past the obvious."

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Sunny pulls out Said records from her saddlebag and takes a look. "Yeah, the captain and Silverpine are compatible." she says, because why not.
    With the two earth ponies hooked up to the machine, crazy magitech starts happening. Through the hum of electricity, Gearstride's generous donation is infused and sent down to Silverpine. Mach meanwhile, loses track of the other ponies in the room as he fiddles with the machine controls.

Strange, he's getting a smaller but still present above-normal power draw compared to what happened with Sandy. Of course back then there were two reasons it happened unknown to the ponies. Although the hum is loud and the magic aura detectable by those who are sensitive towards such things, the whole process is visually anti-climactic.

Mach turns off the machine, and now it's time to see how the injured Lt is doing.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Blaze
    Blaze is still outside, keeping those Trotsla Coils free of clouds.
    He wished he could go back in.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Interesting choice of words... She glanced to the side with a dead pan expression.

"W-why don't you relax...I'll take care of the rest,"
    She said with one of those closed eyes, forced awkward smile and chuckle expressions.
    Lochbed nods at the servant. She could not hog up all the fun. Before she sits on the couch to wait for Ember to come home, the kelpie asks a question. "Can Ah this half dress a little longer? Where be the other half anyway?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride Mach's Place

It may have been anti climatic, but it didn't stop the foolish captain from holding her breath as she waited for the results in a manner of speaking.

----

Lochbed nods at the servant. She could not hog up all the fun. Before she sits on the couch to wait for Ember to come home, the kelpie asks a question. "Can Ah this half dress a little longer? Where be the other half anyway?"

"What...uh...Its kinda the only one I have..."
    Aubade replied as she started to collect what she would need to remove some of the water stains. "That's the only half it has, its called an apron, worn by pony servants and the sort,"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

Snowflake slowed to a halt and could only nod furiously. She was too tired and a little addled beside to fly right now. "Help. Now," she wheezed. "Need. Medics."
    Cue instant dead seriousness. "You found one. Show us. Now."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

18. - Top - End - #78

Taylor and Daniel sleep blissfully unaware that two conquering earth ponies are apparently heading in their direction.
    Both Whitestone and Ironblade walk nearby, armors slightly clanking, but noticeably less than normal, they walk behind some boulders.

Luka gets a bit awkward too for a while.
    "Um....Hi, I'm Luka Stormshield, 14, and I'm a Crusader! nice to meet you too.
    He follows them after getting the signal

Beayn just sort of follows along only managing a small, "But I'm not a-" before trailing off. After a few seconds he manages to pipe up.

He tries to keep along the other guards, feeling somewhat vulnerable without his armor.

"Dark Forces, they attacked the village I lived in 4 days ago, it had a mine with a pretty rare ore that would give them a serious advantage if they get stuff made of it in their armory"
    "We're going west to scout and check out if they already got, and if they're coming this way next"

He seems to be pretty focused on the mission, Like to think away of another though.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-04-24 at 04:15 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What...uh...Its kinda the only one I have..."
    Aubade replied as she started to collect what she would need to remove some of the water stains. "That's the only half it has, its called an apron, worn by pony servants and the sort,"
    "Okay. Here is your apron back then." Lochbed says. She unties the apron with her fingerless hooves and folds the cloth to give it to the servant. Then she falls back onto the couch.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Blaze
    Blaze is still outside, keeping those Trotsla Coils free of clouds.
    He wished he could go back in.
    About then some humming from below stops and a small green indicator light comes on. It should be safe enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    He tries to keep along the other guards, feeling somewhat vulnerable without his armor.

"Dark Forces, they attacked the village I lived in 4 days ago, it had a mine with a pretty rare ore that would give them a serious advantage if they get stuff made of it in their armory"
    "We're going west to scout and check out if they already got, and if they're coming this way next"

He seems to be pretty focused on the mission, Like to think away of another though.
    "Oh, well, nice to meet you," Beayn tries to come up with a decent response. The details and everything are usually something he puts to paperwork after the fact, though a different town being attacked seems a bit odd. Usually it's Bridle Shores that gets the worst of everything.

"Well I'm sure we should be able to help somehow."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

So boooooooooooooored... Can I leave now?!
    No.
    Now?
    No!
    ......now?
    Shut the hell up!!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay. Here is your apron back then." Lochbed says. She unties the apron with her fingerless hooves and folds the cloth to give it to the servant. Then she falls back onto the couch.

"Thank you,"
    She said as she put on the maid apron with her own fingerless hooves. She then started to clean up, going over Lochbed's own work.
    ---

Meanwhile, Ember sat there at the front desk balancing a pen on his muzzle, he dopily grinned as he managed to balance it for a minute.
    ----

Mystic's Place

The trio went upstairs.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-24 at 06:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah, ya'd best handle this, Arvadraa. Takin' ponies apart is easier than puttin' 'em back together, ya know!" Blades stepped back. "What happened to ya, anyway?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Back at the guardhouse, the griffon approaches Storm Cloak once the four ponies leave. "The only one of those three I've seen handling a weapon has no leadership potential. One was recently pulled off of bodyguard duty because of an injury. And they have a civilian. I hope you see something past the obvious."
    Storm Cloak shrugged. "And who do you purpose we send then? Our already short-hoofed guards? Those working double shifts? Those on weather patrol/scout? These three are possibly the only remaining guards on short notice who we can actually afford to spare at the moment. Besides, in Bridle Shores, no civilian is as they look." He reached for his helmet and put it back on. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go on my patrol as well."

With the two earth ponies hooked up to the machine, crazy magitech starts happening. Through the hum of electricity, Gearstride's generous donation is infused and sent down to Silverpine. Mach meanwhile, loses track of the other ponies in the room as he fiddles with the machine controls.

Strange, he's getting a smaller but still present above-normal power draw compared to what happened with Sandy. Of course back then there were two reasons it happened unknown to the ponies. Although the hum is loud and the magic aura detectable by those who are sensitive towards such things, the whole process is visually anti-climactic.

Mach turns off the machine, and now it's time to see how the injured Lt is doing.
    (Let me guess, all healed up?)

There seems to be no apparent change in the lieutenant's condition, though he seems to be breathing easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Luka gets a bit awkward too for a while.
    "Um....Hi, I'm Luka Stormshield, 14, and I'm a Crusader! nice to meet you too.
    He follows them after getting the signal

"West. Right, I guess we're taking the west gate then. This way..." Tyrol said.

About then some humming from below stops and a small green indicator light comes on. It should be safe enough now.

"Oh, well, nice to meet you," Beayn tries to come up with a decent response. The details and everything are usually something he puts to paperwork after the fact, though a different town being attacked seems a bit odd. Usually it's Bridle Shores that gets the worst of everything.

"Well I'm sure we should be able to help somehow."
    "Knowing our luck, we would need help by next week," Lemongrass said glumly.

Arvadraa

Snowflake could only nod and quickly cantered away towards the West Gate, presumably with the two in tow.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-04-24 at 07:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Blaze
    Blaze, having no idea what said light means because it was never explained to him, continues keeping the coils clear.
    He wished he could come back in XD
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - The Cirrus - So We Know Where He Is And All That]

Sandy continued to sit in a corner, happily tinkering away at his custom breaker. The work kept his hooves busy, and busy hooves meant a busy mind. And a busy mind didn't think about friends who could be dying at this very moment. He still hadn't cleaned off his smoke-blackened muzzle, the engineer more than used to the grime and grease accumulated in his line of work.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Snowflake could only nod and quickly cantered away towards the West Gate, presumably with the two in tow.
    Arvadraa assessed the situation with a lightning quick eye once she got there, quickly attempting to determine the extent of the injuries and who had them.

((A recap of who's down and with what will be helpful. ))

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Arvadraa assessed the situation with a lightning quick eye once she got there, quickly attempting to determine the extent of the injuries and who had them.

((A recap of who's down and with what will be helpful. ))
    (Of course.)

Snowflake herself would seem exhausted, cuts and bruises showing on her legs. If the unnatural flames on her hooves had not gone out, she would still have them.

Idle was passed out to one side of the road, a stab wound to his chest, but otherwise seemingly fast asleep.

The same goes to Silent and Flameshield who had similar stab wounds to the chest, and fast asleep as well. Flameshield's right hind and forelegs seemed to have been injured badly and bleeding quite profusely.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Town Gate Shenanigans

Silent wasn't out cold per day, he was too stoic tough for that. He laid there on his side as the heavy rain fell against the even heavier breathing stallion. Though, it was no use trying to gauge him for answers anyway if it came to that.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

At wisp of red smoke will snake up to certain ponies at 10 PM

Spoiler
    Show

Greetings all,

The mission is quite simple but not detailed for obvious reasons.

1) Foxtrot and I, because our similar looks will attract the attention of security as we walk the casino floor. Blades, Shell Shock and Arvadraa will enter at a different time and disable the crystal ball security cameras with the items provided.

2) Once the cameras are on a constant loop, we will have 2 minutes before the security room notices. We have to get to that room before they warn the floor security.

3) Arvadraa, you will have the security room. and will be our ears and ears. Foxtrot will go to the upstairs offices and obtain the drill for the vault gate hidden in a desk. Shell Shock plant explosives in the hallway. Blades and I will get the other disguises for the escape.

4) Arvadraa will then have to cut the alarms to the vault room and Foxtrot and Shell Shock will drill open the gate.

5) With the gate open we have 3 minutes tops. Everypony has to rush in a take out the guards. The mares will dress up like them while Shell Shock and I will blow the vault top.

6) Jump in and get the bits, baby. Expect for Shell Shock who is planting the big one.

7) This is when SWAT well appear. KO the SWAT ponies and the guys will that their uniforms. The dead/unconscious SWAT and security will be dressed as us.

8) We all walk back out when the second wave of SWAT appears. They will not notice as the "first wave" will be escorting the "hostages" out the casino into an "ambulance."

9) We ride away millions richer

10) BOOM!

We lave tomorrow at the North Gate at 8 AM. Any Questions can be answered then.

-G
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater