New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default [PF] Archaeologist Build

Hey everyone, I'm making a character for a new campaign and I'm toying around with making him an archaeologist, at least story-wise. I know that there is a bard archetype, but I was thinking more multiclassing Ranger/Bard, with TWF with a pick (heavy or light) and a machete (not sure what stats to use for this). His main role in combat would be crowd control with whip and bard spells, but he would also be able to hold his own in melee a little too. Think Indiana Jones meets Liara T'soni. The weapon choice is largely fluff haha. I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts or suggestions. :)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [PF] Archaeologist Build

Pathfinder Delver sounds about right.
    It's a PrC though, entry is essentially all Skill Ranks though, so it's easy to get into.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

A Falcata (Adventurer's Armory) might serve for your machete, although it's an exotic weapon. If not, I'd say use a kukri or a short sword.

There's a Trait called Prehensile Whip, also from Adventurer's Armory, that lets you use a whip as a grappling hook and rope. That would almost be a must for Indy

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Serpent Lash feat lets you ruin up to two opponents' respective days via some skillful whipping.

Focusing on combat maneuvers would be workable if you know that you're not going to always be fighting gigantic creatures, though it's quite a feat-intensive build.
    Eberron Explorer's Handbook, p65. Thunder Guide. "Lionized In The Press: When at the University of Wynarn, Morgrave University, or the Korranberg Library, you can present a lecture, earning 200 gp for your appearance with a successful DC 10 Perform (oratory) check."

Best. Class feature. Ever.