New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    No, it would result in pure Friendship itself starting to grow and accumulate in parts of your body which aren't designed to house it, slowly forcing out and consuming your internal organs until there's nothing left but rainbows and skin.

And then you are a pony.
    New theory.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    New theory.
    brb: going to go watch all episodes simultaneously to properly tank up on friendship

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Does anyone else find it supremely ironic that Bleakbane is playing the Luke Skywalker part of this exchange?
    I see no problem with this. It's certainly ironic, but given that Bleakbane already deals heavily in irony, it becomes expected due to the amusement factor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Huh, it turns out that Applejack is the best pony on the citadel.

Shepherd has good judgement!

Anyway, thanks for the name suggestions guys. Have a cookie by way of thanks:

Spoiler
    Show

Oh dear, Woona got to it fir- HNNNNNGGGGG
    ME3 spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Best confirmation for indoctrination theory I've seen yet. There's no way that Shephard could be so far off in his opinion about best pony unless the reapers had taken him over and were controlling his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So... I may or may not have made another thing. Or a pair of things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh god, it's so perfect. Counterspells are already flavored as the most obnoxious thing you can do to someone and then throwing in Trixie for your "I don't think so" moment is just too good. Of course, when you play those, you have to say something to the effect of "Trixie will not allow such simple parlor tricks."

Spoilers for medical details

Spoiler
    Show
    All my life I have gotten seriously awful nosebleeds. Bad to the point of 'cannot seriously participate in any physical activity without risking one'. I came to hate few things as much as sitting in the nurses' office for the forty five minutes needed for my nose to stop bleeding. I am intimately familiar with the taste of my own blood, and the firsthand knowledge of just how bad it feels to drink blood for extended periods of time is my number one reason why no one should ever become a vampire.

Shaped a surprising amount of my worldview, in retrospect.

Anyway, I finally reached an age where cauterisation became an option. This process involves the doctor spraying acid into your nose, getting a stick, and pressing it incredibly hard against all the exposed veins in your nostrils (which are, coincidentally, the most sensitive parts). It takes about a minute to do each vein. The first time I had it done was a bit of a nightmare.

This would be the third round I've gone through (last one was about 2 years ago and it's been 95% effective), and it was comparatively minor in terms of the actual operation. However, the after effects of the acid are about the same even if the actual stick-pressing part was rather quick.

So essentially I've got this hypersensitive, unbearably itchy nose which is running heavily. I can't scratch it or rub it as this would defeat the purpose of the cauterisation, which is intended to make sure the interior all scars over. It's awful.

That I would undergo this every day for a month if it meant I would never have another nosebleed should tell you how much I hate nosebleeds.

TLDR version:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ouch. Feel better soon and may you need infrequent or no further treatment for the problem. Also, look at the bright side, you could be building up acid resistance in preparation for a super-villain origin story that involves you falling into a vat of acid.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Not sure if this has been shared yet:
    Ponies are not pushovers
    Hey Luka, you should show this to your sister. It's still girly in style, but this shows ponies doing cool things that involve destruction of property.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Attention all Flutterdash shippers! You will probably like this PMV.

@ Thanqol: Oh dear. Hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-05-01 at 03:14 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    ME3 spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Best confirmation for indoctrination theory I've seen yet. There's no way that Shephard could be so far off in his opinion about best pony unless the reapers had taken him over and were controlling his mind.
    You may be onto something here...
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just upgraded my ponyatar after seeing the 2 images again, I though it wasn't armored enough (like if something could ever have enough of it)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think it's blurry cuz I copied the avvy from a screenshot , don't remember having transformed it's size or anything

Spoiler
    Show
    All my life I have gotten seriously awful nosebleeds. Bad to the point of 'cannot seriously participate in any physical activity without risking one'. I came to hate few things as much as sitting in the nurses' office for the forty five minutes needed for my nose to stop bleeding. I am intimately familiar with the taste of my own blood, and the firsthand knowledge of just how bad it feels to drink blood for extended periods of time is my number one reason why no one should ever become a vampire.

Anyway, I finally reached an age where cauterisation became an option. This process involves the doctor spraying acid into your nose, getting a stick, and pressing it incredibly hard against all the exposed veins in your nostrils (which are, coincidentally, the most sensitive parts). It takes about a minute to do each vein. The first time I had it done was a bit of a nightmare.

This would be the third round I've gone through (last one was about 2 years ago and it's been 95% effective), and it was comparatively minor in terms of the actual operation. However, the after effects of the acid are about the same even if the actual stick-pressing part was rather quick.

So essentially I've got this hypersensitive, unbearably itchy nose which is running heavily. I can't scratch it or rub it as this would defeat the purpose of the cauterisation, which is intended to make sure the interior all scars over. It's awful.

That I would undergo this every day for a month if it meant I would never have another nosebleed should tell you how much I hate nosebleeds.

TLDR version:

Spoiler
    Show
    ....Wow man, I hope you recover from that soon and get rid of it.

Hey Luka, you should show this to your sister. It's still girly in style, but this shows ponies doing cool things that involve destruction of property.
    Yeah, but the voices would just ruin it
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Pinkie Prefers her Pasta Plain... and Phluttershy her Ponies a Pretty Pink, the final version

I'm sure there's a lot more I could have done to improve it, but I feel like it's good enough. Just so nice to get it off my back at last so I can move on to other, more serious stories.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Colossus in the Playground

Thanks for the sympathy, everyone. Last time I went through this I had no one I could even talk to about it, so I do really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And as for your writing challenge, I may have to ask for an extension. I have an idea, even down to the colt's name, I just need to write it. But as of now, I've gotten so little sleep in the last two days that my screen looks 3D. It's equal parts trippy, and equal parts disconcerting, but neither are really conducive to writing anything.
    Sure thing.

Ouch. Feel better soon and may you need infrequent or no further treatment for the problem. Also, look at the bright side, you could be building up acid resistance in preparation for a super-villain origin story that involves you falling into a vat of acid.
    "How are you still alive?"
    "From a very young age, I stabbed myself every single day until I finally built up an immunity to stabbing!"

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

TLDR version:

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh my, that must be a rather foul experiance. With something like this, theres not much one can say vi the internet besides "I realy realy hope it ends quickly", and that is exactly what I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430

Amish and I are going to be in a one-off D&D session, and it is very difficult to think up anything other than just rolling two bards and being Flim and Flam.

11. - Top - End - #431

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Amish and I are going to be in a one-off D&D session, and it is very difficult to think up anything other than just rolling two bards and being Flim and Flam.
    One of you becomes both Flim & Flam as one character, and the other one goes with a weather based Sorcerer/Wizard/Druid and act like Luna, LOUD VOICE AND ALL.

12. - Top - End - #432

Well, thanks to several hours channeling a powerful shadow-thing called Dir'titaps I got something like a soul back and my magic. Unfortunatly, my horn.....well, its a horn. I hate stupid literal god-things and there love of screwing with mortals.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433

I've been listening to This Is Your Life and Midnight City all day. I began to wonder...
    Are there any good PMVs with these songs? Dear sweet Celestia that would make my week.

I know I said it before but I'll say it again.

Get well soon Thanqol. I thought getting a dislocated knee was bad, but you sir, have taken the cake. Please tell me that you're taking pain killers for that. If not, then...

TAKE MY INTERNETS. ALL OF THEM.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-05-01 at 05:11 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, thanks to several hours channeling a powerful shadow-thing called Dir'titaps I got something like a soul back and my magic. Unfortunatly, my horn.....well, its a horn. I hate stupid literal god-things and there love of screwing with mortals.
    That's not just any horn. It's a French Horn. You should see if it's detachable and playable. They're way better than silly English Horns.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

15. - Top - End - #435

That's not just any horn. It's a French Horn. You should see if it's detachable and playable. They're way better than silly English Horns.
    No, the base seems to be very much attached to my head. For shame, I know a zebra who would kill for this thing. Wait......

"aims the horn at a random cultists potted plant, which after several moments of focus produces a burst of sound which shrivels it"

....Necromantic sound waves?
    Thats a new one. I might just keep this thing. Ahem, you! Random Cultist 27! Bring me a radio and arrange a take-over of every major radio station in the Manehatten Metro area within a week! We might just do something for once!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-05-01 at 06:44 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

New theory.
    Somehow I find this particular theory far more horrifying than I really should or you likely intend.

Perhaps because it's mixing with the mental imagery I had for the original theory.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Colossus in the Playground

I've started trying to write out this post a dozen times and failed each time because my clumsy attempts at language cannot remotely encapsulate the glee of what I'm about to say.

iamnotacleverpony is coming back.

18. - Top - End - #438

I've started trying to write out this post a dozen times and failed each time because my clumsy attempts at language cannot remotely encapsulate the glee of what I'm about to say.

........ Cue the chorus.

EDIT: Thubby, for a Cutie Mark, a wine glass under a plate could work. Also, I suggest the name Aged Finery, or perhapes Quick Service.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-05-01 at 07:56 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

who?

also, i need potential names and cutey marks for a butler. I've decided to try my hand at writing and it's a detail i cant seem to come up with.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #440

RogueGuy

I hope you lot are happy now. I'm NEVER going to get Pinkie Pie's voice/squealing out of my head.

Great writing though!
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    I hope you lot are happy now. I'm NEVER going to get Pinkie Pie's voice/squealing out of my head.

Great writing though!
    Just give up now and request a Ponytar in the avatar thread. It helps make the transition to your newfound state easier.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    who?

also, i need potential names and cutey marks for a butler. I've decided to try my hand at writing and it's a detail i cant seem to come up with.
    It would seem the following links a relevant:
    Lower the Moon
    The Stars Will Aid Her Escape
    For The New Lunar Republic

Short answer is that notacleverpony ranks along with EurobeatBrony as one of the more recognized early producers of fan-music in the brony community.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443

Spoiler
    Show

TLDR version:

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy crap, man, that sounds pretty horrible. Hope the treatment works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    No, it would result in pure Friendship itself starting to grow and accumulate in parts of your body which aren't designed to house it, slowly forcing out and consuming your internal organs until there's nothing left but rainbows and skin.

And then you are dead.
    Not the worst way to go, although death by rainbows isn't exactly the most badass of obituaries.

BEST. POSSIBLE. THING! I LOVE this guy's work, but I will admit that it burns me up a little to hear about what he's been through, and how his family's reacted to his condition. I'm sorry on his/her behalf that some people won't be OK with him/her being a transexual. But talent is talent, and I couldn't care less about who s/he is or how s/he identifies when they can make something so wonderful.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

24. - Top - End - #444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Not sure if this has been shared yet:
    Ponies are not pushovers
    ...Is it just me or do they have like Chimpmunk voices? they're extremely squeaky
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Adding to the list of Pony Tabletop RPGs:

Sereg's Pony RPG (D10 Homebrew)
    You know, having gotten hooked on the Dresden Fillies, I'm tempted to try to stat up the Mane Six in the Dresden Files RPG.

Twilight's Aspects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Concept: Celestia's Faithful Student
    Trouble: Socially Awkward (I'm actually not sure what to put here, but since this seems to cause a lot of her problems over the course of the series...)
    Other Aspects: Element of Magic, Shining Armor Is My B.B.B.F.F., "Okay. Here's The Plan.", I've Got Great Friends, I Raised Spike
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-05-01 at 08:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #446

New theory.
    Huh, if a pony is a creature totaly consumed by friendship is a pony, than what exactly does that make a changeling.....
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Huh, if a pony is a creature totaly consumed by friendship is a pony, than what exactly does that make a changeling.....
    A miserable pile of (failed) friendship?

Maybe changelings and ponies are just points on the same spectra of friendship/love, and one can ascend/descend into the other under the right conditions. Or ponies are just a changeling community that realized that rather than seeking love through deceiving the outside world, they could just love one another...
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

I gasped out loud. Definitely one of the best pony musicians. And hearing what happened to him/her just makes me want to support him/her more. Hmm, perhaps a link to the bandcamp page for those who don't have the album? Support awesome artists, especially ones going through life-changing difficulties!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    A miserable pile of (failed) friendship?

Maybe changelings and ponies are just points on the same spectra of friendship/love, and one can ascend/descend into the other under the right conditions. Or ponies are just a changeling community that realized that rather than seeking love through deceiving the outside world, they could just love one another...
    Question for this theory. Does this mean the ponies during the long winter were not only in danger from Windigos but might also have been vulnerable to turning into changelings?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

29. - Top - End - #449

Question for this theory. Does this mean the ponies during the long winter were not only in danger from Windigos but might also have been vulnerable to turning into changelings?
    Sure, why not? Friendship and conflict/hatred aren't mutually exclusive. Ooh, maybe the Changelings are such a fractured and disorganized society that they've found a way to domesticate Windigos as beats of burden?

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    who?

Silver Platter?

Jeeves? (Simply for the meta-ness of Jeeves not being a very pony name, but a very butler name)
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2012-05-01 at 10:54 PM.