New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    I actually do link my sources. In the future, you can just click the picture in my post and it'll take you to wherever I found it.

(Though the speculation was kind of fun to read. )
    How about we invoke death of the author/artist and claim that it's Twixie anyway?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    How about we invoke death of the author/artist and claim that it's Twixie anyway?
    How about we do this instead?

(╯°□°)╯︵ Ann-chan1234

MUCH BETTER THAN INVOKED DEATH. :D

POOF. It is now Twixie.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Sorry, but this just isn't going to happen. If people are forcing pony stuff into non-pony discussions then yeah, that's trolling. But if it's confined to pony themed sites and discussion threads that you can easily avoid then frankly the onus is on you to avoid it. If you get that upset about pony forum avatars or things like that then you officially care too much about the internet.
    And the right to use it same as any other meme, that's important too. Mind only where that behavior in general is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    U mean I'm just on the "basic stage of liking it" and then it'll like it more when season 3 gets announced?
    Its was a reference to a common framing device of five stages in lieu of stealing a lame joke from the Dresden Files.

Oh heck I'll do it anyways:

Hello? Luka? Can you see the pyramids, are your fetlocks wet? Because you're standing knee deep in....

(wait for it)

Spoiler
    Show
    ... 'De Nile!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Top 3 Nominations for Funnies Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Must be Crackle's cousin...
    Oh Come ON!
    Pinkie - Weapon of Mass Annoyance

Top 3 Nominations for Best Twilight Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight & Future Twilight
    This is MY BOOK! And I'm gonna READ IT!!
    I'm going to do what I do best; Lecture her!

Top 3 Nominations for Most Dramatic Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cadence's reveal
    Spike's Confession
    Twilight giving up on her Discorded friends

Top 3 Nominations for Best Applejack Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah Didn't Learn Anything!
    Twilight... get my rope
    Smart Cookie

Sorry for the wait. Let's move onto another one...

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Emotional Moment!

BEGIN!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Emotional moment? Hmm...

I'm going to go with the scene of Fluttershy crying under the willow tree with her animal friends in hurricane Fluttershy

Can a scene be nominated for multiple categories? If so I also nominate Twilight giving up on her friends in Return of Harmony part 2

Both scenes left me a Misty eyed
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

6. - Top - End - #876

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Emotional Moment!

BEGIN!
    Fluttershy crying under the willow tree in Hurricane Fluttershy.

The very end of the season finale. I.E: The wedding reception/after-party thingy.

Can songs be nominated? If so, than I nominate both This Day Aria and BBBFF.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-05-05 at 11:29 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Emotional Moment!

BEGIN!
    Twilight's reaction in this part
    When the Apples lose their farm
    and
    Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Edit: Oh, and how did I forget this?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-05-05 at 11:32 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well here are some of my nominations for most emotional moments in season 2
    Spoiler
    Show

From Hurricane Fluttershy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKXSY...ature=g-user-u
    From Putting you Hoof Down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fan3...ature=g-user-u (although it's only part of the scene
    From Dragon Quest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWtsI...feature=relmfu
    Also from Dragon Quest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hdgI...ature=g-user-u
    An extension of the one above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Xpg...ature=g-user-u
    From the Last Rounderp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Jj-...ature=g-user-u (again only part of the scene)
    From Secret of My Excess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBZLx...ature=g-user-u
    From Sisterhooves Social: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_pPX...ature=g-user-u (again again not the whole scene)
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

I have a question for you all. Why is it in this part of the song she closes her left eye but keeps the right one open. I've noticed it since the first time I saw it and it bugs me everytime I do see it.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #880
    Firbolg in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Emotional Moment!

BEGIN!
    My number one: Twilight crying as she just gives up in the face of Discord.

Number Two: Twilight crying when she thinks she's lost Shining Armor.

Number Three: Changeling fight scene! (Never said which emotion, so I choose awesome.)

Number 4: Fluttershy's success in Hurricane Fluttershy.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Emotional Moment!

BEGIN!
    Fluttershy declaring herself a monster and walking away to the Hulk music
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Emotional Moment!

BEGIN!
    Twilight Turning Grey,
    Twilight getting snubbed by Celestia after she confronts Cadence (seriously, look at how her face changes when even Celestia won't listen to her),
    Rainbow Dash being trapped by the rock and getting saved by Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I have a question for you all. Why is it in this part of the song she closes her left eye but keeps the right one open. I've noticed it since the first time I saw it and it bugs me everytime I do see it.
    Oh, that's just Pinkie Pie doing the camera work and getting her to eye the audience a little bit.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

13. - Top - End - #883
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Hmm.
    Hey, one of the pics gad just posted
    Spoiler
    Show

Image title is MLP: The next generation. From cutie marks and colours, I assume Twilight+Trixie, Rainbow+Soren, Rarity+Fancy Pants. What about the other three?
    (Sidenote: I approve of RarityFancy Pants so hard)
    I would feel awful if my cutie mark was a combination of my parents' cutie marks.

14. - Top - End - #884

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I would feel awful if my cutie mark was a combination of my parents' cutie marks.
    Say that to the Apple family. There's only so many ways you can have a apple on ones butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Say that to the Apple family. There's only so many ways you can have a apple on ones butt.
    *Twitch, fights battle with self, loses*

That's what she said.

16. - Top - End - #886

Cool. Let's go with something traditional and potentially epic and see what we get.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Must... think up... subversion... AHA

ANARION'S CONTEST PRIZE: THE MMMMM2

A short story by Thanqol

Spoiler
    Show

"The world tends towards imbalance. If left to it's own devices, without the guiding hooves of Harmony, then mere anarchy is released once again.

This balance we ponies maintain is a precious thing, a delicate thing. If but a single factor goes awry, a single heart fills with hate, a single eye gleams with greed then the power of anarchy and chaos rises.

Equestria's garden is but one month away from being a jungle.

We are the gardeners.

There are those who would upset the balance we have cultivated, and it is to Ponyville we are called. Invisibility is our birthright, and it is as sharp a blade as steel. Gathering branches and leaves around us, our clan edges slowly towards the bakery. Eighty hooves gently press into the ground as we make our way forwards.

A light. As one, we freeze. In the breeze, our disguises sway; a thousand rustling leaves hiding twenty steady heartbeats.

"Oh hey, Pinkie Pie! Nice hedge!" says a purple pony as she approaches the door.

"Heya Twilight! Isn't it neat! I always wanted to get a hedge and now one's finally showing up!"

"Uh, Pinkie - you grow hedges. They don't just 'show up'," Twilight said, confused.

"Sure they do! I been watching this hedge creep into position all night!"

The purple unicorn was dangerous; not only did our clan recognise her as the Element of Magic, but she could blow our cover. With a quiet nod from the Elder, two sisters, Daydrop and Smoke Blade vanished from our sight.

It was beautiful to watch the sisters work. One threw a rock into the bakery's window at the same moment the other blew a poison dart into the unicorn's neck. As both turned to look at the sound, Twilight's eyes rolled up in her head and she slumped - and got caught mid-fall by Daydrop. Daydrop held Twilight's head straight and eyes open with her magic while taking cover behind Twilight's tail. It provided good cover, though only from one angle.

"Twilight! Did you see it! Rock ghosts! I told you there were rock ghosts!" The pink pony grabbed Twilight by the shoulders - and the sister had to rapidly move her hooves to avoid being grabbed. "Bouncing into my windows. All. Night."

"I had better get away," said Daydrop in a... passable imitation of Twilight's voice, "I wouldn't want to get caught by the... rock ghosts."

"THERE'S NO TIME!" Pinkie shrieked, and pulled Twilight - and Daydrop - inside the bakery and slammed the door shut behind her.

The clan didn't panic. We were trained to face death and worse, and it was the sister's skill and training that would determine her fate. There was nothing more we could do for her.

The hedge crept closer.

Once the bushes were in position, we emerged from the leaves and made our cautious way towards the windows. We peeked inside.

Pinkie was still talking to Twilight obliviously, still kept aloft by the concealed sister. The sister was sweating, tense with the effort of remaining invisible in a brightly lit room with only an unconscious unicorn for cover. A menacing green alligator watched the stairs.

And there - our target. The reborn Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness Mark Two. Destined to upset the delicate peace between the great bakers of Equestria with it's deliciousness. For the sake of harmony, for the sake of peace itself, it was our mission to destroy that cake.

We didn't move yet. We continued to observe the poor sister continue to delude the pink pony as she crept closer to the cake. Even now, honour led. She thought not of escape, only of her mission.

"Say, Pink Pie," the sister began.

"Twilight, have you forgotten my name?" Pinkie Pie said, turning around. "It's Pinkie Pie, remember? Pink-EEEEEEE!"

"Yes. Pinkeee Pie," Daydrop said, using one of Twilight's hooves to wipe her forehead, "How about that... cake."

"Yep! The Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness Mark Two! This gem takes all I learned from the other great bakers and adds all their deliciousness into a single cake that'll blow them all out of the fudge sundae!" Pinkie Pie said in delight.

"You don't think it's going to destabilise Equestria, serve as a portal to chaos and madness, and release Discord upon this earth once more?"

"It's just a cake, Twilight," Pinkie Pie said flatly. "When did you get so dramatic?"

"Yes. Say, is that an alligator?" The Daydrop said, pointing at the guardian slowly flopping down the stairs.

In the moment when Pinkie turned her head to look, Daydrop snatched out her blowpipe and fired a poison dart at Pinkie's neck. It hit her mane - and stuck there. The cotton candy consistency completely countered the cunning caress. Pinkie turned her head back a second later, oblivious to the attack, beaming widely and saying "Yep! I've been teaching Gummy how to use the stairs. Isn't he great?"

The alligator had by this point fallen off the side of the stairs and landed in a bucket of water that seemed to have been placed for that specific purpose.

"Oh yes. Very talented." Daydrop-as-Twilight said.

"I'll go get him his dinner. Do you want hot chocolate, Twilight?" Pinkie said. Daydrop shook Twilight's head an affirmative. While Pinkie Pie's back was turned, she took the opportunity to creep as close to the MMMMM2 as she could, dragging the unconscious puppet Twilight along with her. She froze and sat down and pretended to be reading a book as the pink pony returned faster than expected.

The pink pony laid out three cups.

She smiled.

We knew Daydrop's cover was blown. The time for stealth was over.

The clan burst in through the windows on every level of the bakery. We were armed to the teeth; shruiken, nunchucks, blades and maces - all the tools we would need to destroy that accursed cake.

"ROCK GHOSTS!" Pinkie shrieked. She grabbed Twilight by the tail and swung her in our direction. The unconscious unicorn's horn crackled and sent out a blast of force that sent four ponies blasted out of the building, scorched and broken. "SAVE ME TWILIGHT!" Pinkie shrieked, continuing to flail with the unconscious body of her friend as the rest of us closed in.

Two ninja engaged Pinkie at once, striking with hooves and wings. The blows hit pressure points in her legs and made her drop Twilight and stagger back, groping for something to cling to - and finding the pastry stand. She swung around, retaliating with blueberry pies. Two more of my clan fell.

We converged, but our opponent was in a commanding position - she had enough ammunition to keep up a sustained barrage, and focused her attention on any pony who tried to get too close to the MMMMM2. It became obvious to me that anypony who made a lunge for the cake would be struck with pastry before they could get away.

No wonder the elder had insisted on bringing the entire clan to deal with this one baker.

Instead, we moved to attack the pink pony directly. Stonebreaker dropped from the roof and shattered the bench Pinkie was standing on while Windstrike moved in with flashing nunchucks. Pinkie flipped, rolled, and landed amidst the syrup bottles. she picked up one in each hoof, whirled them, and re-engaged. She came forwards with two powerful swings and, when Windstrike and Stonebreaker blocked, the bottles shattered and drenched them in sticky syrup. She bucked them and they fell amidst the others, tangling them as well.

Daydrop appeared behind Pinkie, ready to strike, but shrieked as the alligator clamped down onto her nose. She ran screaming from the bakery.

Then the Elder came forwards. He gave a mighty KAI as he swung his katana, and the baker of chaos barely dodged - and her entire tail was severed half-way down. As she let out a yell of protest she lost the top puff of her mane - which was what got her really mad. She hurtled a pair of pies at the Elder, but he sliced them in half before they reached him and came forwards again. Pinkie backed up, maintaining her barrage, and the elder countered every strike. Soon she was up against a corner, with nowhere to go and only one pie left to throw.

She flicked her mane and threw two things at the same time.

One was the pie. The Elder's sword sliced it perfectly.

The other was the poison dart Daydrop had tried to use on her. It struck the Elder in the throat. He let out a brief curse before collapsing.

His sword rolled across the floor and landed in front of me.

I looked into the deranged eyes of the pony who had just disabled my entire clan single-hoofed.

I picked up the sword.

She started forwards, a slow, intimidating bounce.

I was the initiate. I wasn't even meant to be in combat; just to watch and learn. I hadn't even found my talent yet. I was hopelessly, hopelessly outmatched.

I readied my blade.

"Why don't you give up? I'd much prefer to give you cake than feed you cake," the pink pony said, fury in her blue eyes.

"If I am to die," I said, with a newfound serenity, "I shall die with honour. You shall not take me alive."

I placed the sword against my stomach.

And I stabbed.

The pink pony's eyes widened. I grinned weakly in satisfaction.

The blade had passed through my clothing, under my forehoof, and into the heart of the MMMMM2 itself.

"NO!" Pinkie shouted, slamming me in the face with a pie so hard it made my head spin. I spun around and sliced the demonic cake again.

"NO!" Pinkie screamed, hitting me in the back with a box of chocolate brownies. I staggered to one knee, but I struck again, plunging my blade even further into the structure of the cake.

"NOOOOOO!" The demon howled, and something huge hit me in the back of my head. My vision flashed, and went dark. A smile was on my lips as unconsciousness took me.

"Tester. Tester, wake up."

Daydrop's sweet voice roused me. I opened my eyes and she blurred into view, along with the Stonebreaker, Windstrike and even the Elder. They were all standing around me.

"He's awake!" Daydrop cried, sweeping me into an warm, tight, fearful embrace.

From over her shoulder I could see many things that made me happy.

There was Stonebreaker, stomping his hooves on the ground in applause. There was Windstrike, smiling abashedly. There was the Elder, silently nodding in approval.

There was the cutie mark of a blade on my flank.

But none of those things made me as happy as the pony in my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    A prize that requires effort on my part? That wasn't in the fine print! What kind of crazy scam is this?!
    "Woohoo! Free sandwich! Wait, what do you mean I have to chew it?"

I'll give this some thought and get back to you in the next couple of days. If somepony had actually written a campaign journal for the D&D campaign I just finished, I'd have totally gone with scenes from that. There's a few that I think you'd jump at the chance to try. But since nopony did, I'll have to think of something else.
    Coolcool
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-06 at 02:01 AM. Reason: MADE OF TYPOS

17. - Top - End - #887

Okay, I'll admit that was well done.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, god. That was hilarious.

I was expecting something all serious, and instead, we get... that.

Bravo, good sir.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #889

Pfft, that made my day. I realy need to participate in the next contest and hope for a story, because gosh that was funny.

Also, need to find a way to use the phrase "baker of chaos" in everyday life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890

So, as some of you may know, I've been DM'ing an online D&D 4e game loosely based on Fallout. Unbeknownst to my players, it's actually based on Fallout Equestria. Total times accidentally saying "PipBuck" has now reached two. Next session the players will be using a hacking program called p7.exe against a radio tower controlled by one of the BBEGs, Red Eye. The first image they will see is this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm fairly happy with my GIMP-fu on this one.

Then they'll see this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey guys, I'm a trojan horse!
    Pinkie, that's a green screen, you're supposed to be—
    Green?! are you crazy?
    Nevermind.

I'm still wondering how long it'll be before one of my players hits Google and realises what they're playing.
    Last edited by Excession; 2012-05-06 at 03:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    I have a slightly more serious question to ask.

I just had a friend critique my choice to watch MLP, choosing to invalidate my choice by questioning its nature. He said I'm only watching the show because it's something most people wouldn't do, that I was purposely being a hipster. He argued because I tried watching MLP for that reason that that's the reason I even enjoy it. It was really invalidating and made me feel really low. I genuinely like the show.

The question here is how do you deal with people like this? I'm trying not to let it affect me but this was really good friend and he's trying to cause a divide because of what he thinks is right or wrong. Ugh, I hate people sometimes.

What should I do?
    Alright missed a bunch of pages but wanted to respond to this.

A lot of good advice has been given so here is some likely bad advice. If you feel like arguing the point you can say that the My Little Pony Fandom is actually pretty big and as such can't really make the claim that it's a hipster thing to do. (I believe the My little Pony Fandom is about as big as most other fandoms of well known products. For Example Bleach fans).

How do I deal with people like this? Depends. For one of my close friends I'd flat out say that they are wrong and explain that they are not the end all authority on my own personal feelings when they would inevitably try and argue their point.

For a casual acquiescence I would just ignore them and just not bring up the subject matter again within earshot.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

In the words of a great filly.

Oh come on!

How the hay does this keep happening? Why is it that no matter how evil the villain, someone manages to make fanart that makes me want to hug them??!

I mean, really:
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh yeah, in other news, the demo for My Little Investigations has come out. Playing it now, the voice acting is actually pretty good.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Banned

...!
    see SiuiS? this is what I meant about the "lover" part in "being a fighter or a lover"
    Uh... Well, no.
    I'm a shapeshifter, and my "imaginary friend" as a wee'n was actually a craftily compacted succubus.

So for me? The fact that I find humans attractive already labels me as deviant for my kind. everything else is tame by comparison.

Oh she got mad cuz of shipping and Lemons, then started bashing at ponies in the Counting thread. Well....When she apologised she said it was cuz of that.....*
    And yeah I find it pretty messed up too
    Aha.

Well. There are two things here. One, in defense of shipping; it's usually based entirely off personality. If you assume humans with the same names and personalities, not much would change. So it's not like people are trying to imagine horses procreating as a hobby.
    Though I'm sure it's out there somewhere...

Two... It's out there somewhere. Why bother getting mad? A MLP lemon is likely to be just like any other lemon, with the serial numbers filed off and pony stickers slapped on. She's basically railing against the Internet itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Shipping lemons?
    Spoiler
    Show

...huh, "Luna Trucking". Great, now I'll have to edit Luna into the picture. And I'm so short on time today...

:P
    Good move. Can't remember what I originally planned to say, but very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    That'd be Slice of Life

As for fanon, I'm fond of Cakelestia, and generally Celestia feeling aloof and separated from her subjects by her power and immortality.

I also suspect that Twilight isn't the first student she's taken, but just the latest in a long line.

I also think that in terms of raw power, Luna outclasses Celestia without the Elements taken into consideration.

Scratch/Octavia and Lyra/Bon Bon as close friends or roommates, I can take or leave the whole lovers angle.

Derpy is the town mailmare, Dinky's her daughter

Surprise is Pinkie's aunt, who loves her niece dearly but is somewhat estranged from her sister/Pinkie's mother.

The Cakes and the Pies are distantly related, which is how Pinkie ended up living there after coming to Ponyville.

AJ's parents died sometime in the distant past.

I don't buy the "Cloudsdale is a brutal Sparta-esque society" theory but I don't have any more headcanon about FS' or RD's families. I could see Fluttershy as the youngest of a large family though.
    *hands Eakin a drink* welcome to the club! Want to be an officer? President, vice president, secretary, organizer and mascot all need to be filled. (I'm treasurer and quartersmaster).

Pretty quiet huh? Probably shouldn't have rented so big a hall, seeing as its just me, and now, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
    Man, you all fail at obvious follow-up questions. A Pegasus/Earth Pony hybrid, of course, looks like this:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Heeheeheehee~
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Headcanons? Headcanons.
    Head cannons!

Spoiler
    Show

(the cat's name is cannon. I ran out of time to draw something ><)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    It was more of a rhetorical you (and perhaps a little more aimed at the person you mentioned.)

Just as a point of general etiquette, "disgusting" is perhaps a touch strong word to throw around in that context when specifically addressing same-gender issues as you did there, given that there are other folk around here with that proclivity; you might be cutting it a bit close to the bone, so to speak.
    I quoted this intending to say that I parsed it differently, and that the two were disconnected. Copy/paste into notepad, forget about it until my workday is done.
    Two hours later I was all "ooooh" and finally clicked it together. XD

As a general thing, I don't think disgusting is too strong a word, if it's literal. The entire subject is gross, why would specificity be a problem?
    Judgmental tones however, aye. Those can be left at the door, if you'd kindly.

... Horse feathers. I just made myself a hypocrite. Okay, I'll stop with the judgementalness... After this post

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Had to walk uphill through the asteroid bombardment both ways right?
    Given the concept Of a shifting planetary surface, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    "Asteroids? Hah! You and your asteroids! When I were a filly, you had to walk uphill in superheated stellar nursery gases and whistle for the rest!"
    Ooh! Or this!
    Yeah, this. Way funnier than my joke. Let's go with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Sooo bit of an odd question here...

Would any of you consider the Changeling queen a "psychopath"?

i've kind of noticed a likely-unhealthy platonic attraction to various psychopaths in several different medias, and i'm wondering whether or not i should add her to the list.

mind you all of the others have done much much MUCH worse then brainwash a guy and start a brief but non-leathal war, but still, not sure if she qualifies or not.
    No. Sanity is a thing that requires a specific frame of reference. She's pragmatic, maybe not very empathetic (sure ponies keep pigs, but they don't like, sing songs about breaking the pigs' hearts before bacon time!) but look at it this way; her entire kingdom is starving because the usual method OC insinuating quietly and peaceably into society isn't working. They are dying because they are nice.

It's also probable that the changelings cannot themselves produce love, do thru don't do well in long term relationships except to ape the personality they assumed. So a changeling who openly presents himself, with "let's have a relationship so I don't starve" provided that alone doesn't scare off potential candidates... Well, either he'll be pragmatic and the love will wane due to a lack of reciprocation or the love will wane because the pony will always wonder if tthe changeling really cares.

Heck, he might actually care, but even the slightest hint otherwise would be seeds of doubt. Doubt in a relationship is the single surest poison.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Why is there no shock or comments of "YOU MEANIE WITH A TEENIE WEENIE!" in response to this :(
    Because we've done worse.

Let's see. In the playground I alone have;
    - murdered, animated and advanced a pony through multiple stages of unseats, for science
    - set up a side reality where ponies devour their fallen
    - allowed a darkness from the Gloaming to claim a pony's soul in exchange for utter determination
    - had said pony wuss out and it now suffers eternal fires as inspiration literally causes a conflagration in his blood

And you scraped a pony's bum. Heck, some of us find that less torture, more average Friday night.

And until you actually show up to a ponythread barbecue, I cannot comment on the size of the weenies you would bring. Just.... Don't bring marshmallows. Roasting them gives Rarity flashbacks.

Note: I do not crave attention.
    Sorry for dropping your prior quote by the bye; by the time I noticed it was too late to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Oh, I'm sure...
    How has this not been discussed yet.
    I know, right? Like, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Ok. I gotta take a stand. I have to ask the rabid pony fanbase to stop being so rabid....Here it goes.....

Hello pony fanbase. I am very happy for you that you find this show nice. Im not one of those idiots that screams "SHOWZ FOR TEH GURELS YOU SUXORS!LOLOLOLOLOL".*

But I just want to ask you something. You have a tendency to do something that simply drives me bonkers. You mean no ill harm to me when you do this but.....can you please stop ponifying things?
    Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant in the Playground Forum
    Media Discussions Talk about books, movies, TV, or music here, safe from the judging eyes of the outside world.
    Why must the joke be only funny for pony fans?
    Plenty of non pony fans found it funny. So this is an academic appeal.

So please I beg you- No more pony avatars or captions.

Welp. This is hopeless. This is going to backfire horribly and nothing is going to change. But this is what has been sitting on my mind for a while. I have been trying to suppress it for a long time but I just can't take it anymore.
    I wouldn't say backfire...
    But in general, anytime your happiness involves subverting or removing the rights of others, you're in the wrong. If you can actually say that this entire thread matters less than your personal happiness, I'll accept that. But perspective is required in these matters.

I feel a little better? I don't know. Im honesty sick of this pony trend.
    Ooh, this looks like fun~

THINGS SIUIS IS SICK OF
    [tangent] [silly]
    Spoiler
    Show

Magic the gathering.
    The general feel of the game, the steep price, the cheesiness of a lot of it, and the fact that it's EVERYWHERE. Blah!

Star Wars.
    The concept of a space opera is sound in theory, but really the whole thing feels like people are jumping on the money mobile. Especially with the lore. Like back when, a light saver was a Jedi weapon because it's electric field caused it to spontaneously jump around or gain/lose inertia, which the force helped counteract via prescience. Now, Jedi have lightsabers because it's bad-horse. Laaaame.

Rote literature.
    Yes, I understand that a "good" story requires obvious character growth,the appropriate three acts, foreshadowing by the seventh paragraph, a nuclear family, to attend meetings on Wednesdays and to wrap everything up neatly by the end.
    Except that's not how life works. Can we maybe not harp in the guy who decides realism trumps literary master strokes? It's a short story, he'll be okay.

Snark.
    Okay. You don't like something I said. Cool. Tell ms please? Life isn't a contest over who can make the most background folks giggle. You'll earn points for a straight answer, and a dentist bill for too many smart remarks.

Women drawn like they're in heels when they aren't.
    Seriously, mates. That's not how the body works. If you know what a greater trochanter is, and you're still giving the poor lass antigrav breasts and aback pitch like an old southern manor, you have my pity but not my money.

Selfishness disguised as humanitarianism.
    Those groups that say they are for [discriminated against group]'s rights, but what they mean is "someones gotta be on top and it should be us/me!"

Bon-Bon/Lyra as friends.
    Anyone who doesn't know true love when they see it is dead to me.

Octavia/Vinyl as more than friends.
    Call me picky, especially in light of thanqol's chart, but I'd like to think two ponies aren't going to be roomies due to having the same hobby. Especially since from my experience, a lot of classical concert players snub that trash we lesser mortals (and by we I mean you, because immortal fey wizard) call music.

People who complain on the Internet.
    For real? You're going to just list things you don't like, as I'd your opinion mattered? Dude, get a life! Why if I ever

Uh

Oops.

Shows over. Move along.

Star wars is so heavily ingrained in the public consciousness, fiction tropes that its like avoiding anything lord of the rings related. I will know about it through pure osmosis alone.*

I don't make lord of the rings captions. And I don't see many around.
    I don't make pony memes, and I see LotR captions ALL THE TIME. It's humorous how disproportionate it is.

I think this has more to do with the shear scope of the fanbase, and the overtly loud hype surrounding the show.
    Is the hype overly loud? Most folks I know who aren't told about it by a fan, either still don't know about it, or first heard of it through a "wow there's a lot of Bronies" PSA parody on YouTube.

I think it's more your choice of locales, akin to how a library is a good place to complain about music but a concert isn't.

As far I've seen (at least here, the others outside were like "BLASPHEMY" when I said I preferend MW3 ), the're not really like that, they really do that "love and tolerate" stuff (though I find it irritating when they keep saying it )
    Oh man that's a good one hold on

THINGS SIUIS IS SICK OF
    [tangent] [silly]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Love and Tolerate".
    Love and tolerate is not a euphemism for assault or troll. It is not a set of magic words to throw at people who offend you. It is not (just) a meme.
    It is respect for your fellows and a willingness to not be rude about boundaries when they rub. It applies ESPECIALLY when the person doesn't like what you like; that's the point. Practice it, don't preach it!

Also, I think Mw3 is boring, so different strokes, aye? Odds are they just thought you were taunting them.

Or... This is the Internet. Maybe they were just jerks? Who knows. Pull up a table. Have a cider.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    That being said, massive props on being polite about all of this. It's refreshing to not get yelled at by somebody who dislikes ponies.
    Indeed. It takes a lot of effort not to just be rude sometimes. And we do appreciate that. It's really cool.

Oh hey I thought of another gimme a sec
    THINGS SIUIS IS SICK OF
    [tangent] [silly]
    Spoiler
    Show

People who don't take RP seriously.
    Not like "RP IS SRS BSNS", but I mean... If I spend a week planning out how to get everyone together, we're all excited, and we have four hours to do this thing we've all been looking forward to... Get off your phone. Turn off the laptop. Shut down the tv. Show up on time. Bring your character sheet and dice.
    It's one thing to say "it's just a game!", it's another to waste my time because you don't respect me enough to consider my time worthwhile.

Man that list was a bad idea. These are gonna keep cropping up...

Odd....I still don't like the show
    That's cool. Half of us are only here because we're Thanqol
    we are in an adventures & bondage guild
    we're contractually obligated as part of document f973.8B
    help help they won't let me go my keeper he's coming he's bringing the knives help
    we are ponies and ponies go to pony places
    We're friends and like chatting with cool people.

playing videogames since I'm 4 years old and always picking the "good" path?
    You misunderstand.
    Thanqol has actually already done this. Twice. On video.
    Until your Paragon since 4 guy actually does it too, that's not a valid answer

Im infected. But with RAGE VIRUS! The more I see ponies the more my mind begins to simplify, and begins to fill with hate at every pony related image and to every brony. The more my mind shifts from:

"Decent show- But its annoying" to "**** THAT PIECE OF ****ING CRAP I HOPE ALL THE PIECES OF **** IN THAT SHOW KILL THIER ****"

So yes. In a way. I am infected.
    Huh. You might wanna get that looked at. Pronouncing all those asterisks has gotta be Hard on the mouth parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I don't see what's so shocking about that. Sure, he's an evil, monstrous, violent crime against nature, but he frequently makes a great deal of sense.
    Plus, any supporter of SpikexRarity can't be all bad.
    Is he a crime against nature?
    Undeath is naturally occurring after all.
    And nature is all a lie to keep you quiescent while the Gents Above grow fat anyway.

Buck. Thaaaaaanqoooooool!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    True. The internet is a lot like Sin City.

Walk down the right alley, and you can find anything.

But seriously though. I have now discoverd the joy of flipping tables.

*(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

WWWWWEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :D
    Noooo my drink was on that!
    *flips self, enjoys a smooth drink upside down*

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Oh, he's entitled to ask. That's one of the things freedom of speech is about. It may not be wise, but so many things aren't.
    Entitled? No.
    That's like the assertion that opinions are sacrosanct. It's an understandable twist of linguistics, but it's not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I feel a riot coming on.*
    Down with the Unicorns?
    Lolcat 34?
    Nooo I like being up! No down with me!

Unless you...
    Want to get down with me!
    *boogies like it's 1999*

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Artistic effect. By having only the foreground one look at you it establishes eye contact and draws your gaze where they want it.

Additionally, reflections being slightly off is indicative of shapeshifters in general in visual fiction.

*Twitch, fights battle with self, loses*

That's what she said.
    *snrrrk*

HahahaHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    So, as some of you may know, I've been DM'ing an online D&D 4e game loosely based on Fallout. Unbeknownst to my players, it's actually based on Fallout Equestria. Total times accidentally saying "PipBuck" has now reached two. Next session the players will be using a hacking program called p7.exe against a radio tower controlled by one of the BBEGs, Red Eye. The first image they will see is this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Then they'll see this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Green?! are you crazy?
    Nevermind.

I'm still wondering how long it'll be before one of my players hits Google and realises what they're playing.
    I'm too lazy to look up the slow clap. So...
    Hoof bump!
    /) +1!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-05-06 at 06:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #894

Fluttershy crying under the willow tree in Hurricane Fluttershy.

The very end of the season finale. I.E: The wedding reception/after-party thingy.
    Seconded on both counts.

Also: BBBFF (especially the reprise)

"With friends like you, who needs... enemies."

Nightmare Night: Luna appears
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

Im infected. But with RAGE VIRUS! The more I see ponies the more my mind begins to simplify, and begins to fill with hate at every pony related image and to every brony. The more my mind shifts from:

"Decent show- But its annoying" to "**** THAT PIECE OF ****ING CRAP I HOPE ALL THE PIECES OF **** IN THAT SHOW KILL THIER ****"

So yes. In a way. I am infected.
    *Dons medical coat*

*Examines chart*

*Hmmmms thoughtfully*

Spoiler
    Show

Very clear case of Late Stage One. The Infection will run it's course, there is no cure.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-05-06 at 07:21 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Must... think up... subversion... AHA

ANARION'S CONTEST PRIZE: THE MMMMM2

A short story by Thanqol
    Bwaahahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    The first image they will see is this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Then they'll see this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Green?! are you crazy?
    Nevermind.

BWAH-hahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Is he a crime against nature?
    Yes. Yes he is. And damned proud of it, too!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Undeath is naturally occurring after all.
    Some of it is. Spirit-Bound Liches are by definition, not.

ME3 Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Huh, I just realised I'm, like, technically half-synthetic. Stick that in your pipe and smoke, Catalyst!)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    And nature is all a lie to keep you quiescent while the Gents Above grow fat anyway.
    I always laugh and shake my head when people talk about the "balance of nature."

"Nature" is a brutal battleground fought in dozens of timescales, seen in seconds and minutes by animals, in hours or days by plants and fungi, in millions of years between species. It's the slow, steady war waged by trees against not only other species, but against each other they struggle for canopy dominance. It's the bitter, slow-motion harpoon-warfare of battling sea anemones. It's the violent battles to the death between herbivores. It's the slow creeping death of the body-snatching parasites that possess the bodies of snails. It's the complex dance of arms between predator and prey, fought across unumbered years, from anomalocaris to pteygotis to dimetrodon, from gorgonops to tyrannosaurus to arctodus to homo sapiens. It's survival constantly dancing along the catastrophy-curve of extinction against the ever-changing enviromnents. It is beautiful and terrible, glorious and awe-inspiring.

But what it is not is "balanced" or "harmonious."

27. - Top - End - #897
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    *Dons medical coat*

*Examines chart*

*Hmmmms thoughtfully*

Spoiler
    Show

Very clear case of Late Stage One. The Infection will run it's course, there is no cure.
    mmmmmm
    Looks like I'm kinda between Late Stage 1 and Late Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Well. There are two things here. One, in defense of shipping; it's usually based entirely off personality. If you assume humans with the same names and personalities, not much would change. So it's not like people are trying to imagine horses procreating as a hobby.
    Though I'm sure it's out there somewhere...

Two... It's out there somewhere. Why bother getting mad? A MLP lemon is likely to be just like any other lemon, with the serial numbers filed off and pony stickers slapped on. She's basically railing against the Internet itself.
    Well.... I kinda mentioned I had no problem with shipping, only with the ones of same gender, they're kinda to me, though I just bypass them

Also, I think Mw3 is boring, so different strokes, aye? Odds are they just thought you were taunting them.

Or... This is the Internet. Maybe they were just jerks? Who knows. Pull up a table. Have a cider.
    It's just the internet, possibly they though it was a taunt because of the popular Hatedumb for CoD
    I think MW3 is really cool/awesome, there's just a lot of hype aversion

THINGS SIUIS IS SICK OF
    [tangent] [silly]
    Spoiler
    Show

People who don't take RP seriously.
    Not like "RP IS SRS BSNS", but I mean... If I spend a week planning out how to get everyone together, we're all excited, and we have four hours to do this thing we've all been looking forward to... Get off your phone. Turn off the laptop. Shut down the tv. Show up on time. Bring your character sheet and dice.
    It's one thing to say "it's just a game!", it's another to waste my time because you don't respect me enough to consider my time worthwhile.
    You know....I've meet a ton of players that go "RP IS SRS BSNS" in Discovery Freelancer, is hilarious to troll them cuz they keep ruining the game and rage towards PVP

You misunderstand.
    Thanqol has actually already done this. Twice. On video.
    Until your Paragon since 4 guy actually does it too, that's not a valid answer
    Wait what the frak? he really went giving muffins out?
    lol
    Whatever, not like someone could do that around here without raising suspicion.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-06 at 07:55 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Amusingly, I just used searching magic to find this on Devantart, and apperently the Twilight-stand in's father is a utterly unremarkable backround charecter. Oh, and Purple Pie's dad is Pokey. Hah! Find something else to speculate about, ponythread!
    Whaaaat.
    No. No Male!Caramel, and no silly boring minor background ponies.
    (Pokey is acceptable)
    Death of the Author please.

Yeah, that.

How about we do this instead?

(╯°□°)╯︵ Ann-chan1234

MUCH BETTER THAN INVOKED DEATH. :D

POOF. It is now Twixie.
    Not sure if joking.
    Define: Death of the author

...t'would suck.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Wait what the frak? he really went giving muffins out?
    lol
    Whatever, not like someone could do that around here without raising suspicion.
    Sorry, was I not clear when I mentioned that?

Yeah, he actually did. And will do again, I suspect, come Derpy Day again...

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry for the wait. Let's move onto another one...

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Emotional Moment!

BEGIN!
    This Day Aria.
    Cadence crying.

Rarity realizing how much she really loved her little sister in Sisterhooves Social.

B.B.B.F.F.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.