New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Which Pony am I most like?

Twilight Sparkle if she never got sent to Ponyville. I do not value making new friends or hanging out with people and I have an all consuming devotion to knowledge. Which has been changing mostly due to MLP

Or

I am the anti-Rarity as I hate fashion, high society, attempting to look nice, and being popular.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Which Pony am I most like?

Twilight Sparkle if she never got sent to Ponyville. I do not value making new friends or hanging out with people and I have an all consuming devotion to knowledge. Which has been changing mostly due to MLP

Or

I am the anti-Rarity as I hate fashion, high society, attempting to look nice, and being popular.
    Sounds pretty similar to me.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

I suppose I should decide on my pony attractiveness list:

1. Twilight- Her voice does it for me more than most anything else. Only Fluttershy can come remotely close to matching that.
    2. Fluttershy- Shocking, right? Soft spoken characters are always (subjectively speaking) the more adorable ones. That and Fluttershy kicks the "overprotective big brother instinct" into high gear.
    3. Rainbow Dash
    4. Rarity
    5. Pinkie Pie
    6. Applejack

I'll probably have to think up my reasons for why exactly my list ended up like that.

Oh, and if we're still doing RD moments, I nominate:

"They knew what they were getting into!"

Failing that, the Rainnuke also works.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Right best Rainbow Dash Moments

"Ninja Scene"

"Is this some kind of cruel joke?"

"Saving Fluttershy from the changlings"
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Virus check finished. Now five in morning. Yay. Must meditate, quickly, before penguins come back with pilum. World glowing interesting colours, suspect Rainbow Dash rainboom inside skull again, and can't get out with crowbar since crowbar stolen by the noodlemen. Cannot get out, drums in the deep.

Bibble.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

quick, while he's weakened!
    *floods the bleak despair with gummies*
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Virus check finished. Now five in morning. Yay. Must meditate, quickly, before penguins come back with pilum. World glowing interesting colours, suspect Rainbow Dash rainboom inside skull again, and can't get out with crowbar since crowbar stolen by the noodlemen. Cannot get out, drums in the deep.

Bibble.
    *tentacle of The Pink One's thoughts emerges from eye socket before making tea and disappearing*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Bits and stuff like that, shamexplosion doesn't let me search for it in youtube cuz it could get stuck into the "recomendation" bar and someone could find out

But yeah, I kinda like some fan produced stuff and the community.
    My Synchtube room is always open. I've put a playlist of all the pony episodes there, and the name of the room is just "PhantomFox's room" as I have yet to customize it. If you ever feel the need for some covert pony-watching, this might suit your needs.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Nope, absolutely no non-pony characters.
    Spoiler
    Show

Psst, Igor, I think he's being sarcastic.
    Ook.
    To be honest, I think Discord is part pony.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh Faust. *facehoof* I'm probably going to upset every single person on this thread, but in the famous words of Pewdiepie...

I DON'T CAAAAAAAARRRREEEEE! XD

Mane 6 Hawtness List.

1: Apple Jack
    2: Twilight Sparkle
    3: Fluttershy
    4: Rarity
    5: Rainbow Dash
    6: Pinkie Pie

All zeppelins, this is Fleet Admiral Maxtronaut. Brace for incoming arguement reply posts! *Sits in admiral's chair and grips the arm rests tightly.*
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I enjoy any theory which casts me as a genius so smart that people shouldn't even attempt torturing me for fear of my reprisal.
    Actually, I was implying that your cunning plan all along is to manoeuvre yourself into a position where you would be tied up and slowly tortured by AJ (with Phoe shouting encouraging comments and suggestions from the sidelines, because Phoe )

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    AJ and Pinkie are no doubt the least attractive. I always put AJ as least, but now that I think hard on it I could also see Pinkie taking up last place. I actually think that makes sense now. Pinkie least attractive, then AJ, maybe it's because of Dexam's picture above... damn that IS cute. Damn you, Dexam!
    What did I do? All the Mane Six have varying degrees of cuteness/attractiveness. That's why I (mostly) refuse to rank them - my list constantly changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    And we're discouraging this... why?
    Who said I'm discouraging this? If Thanqol being slowly tortured by AJ while Phoe watches is your thing, who am I to deny you?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Not seeing the problem here at all. I support Phoe cheering with popcorn and suggest that it should be made into a picture.
    We need to find an artist, mayhaps one in training, to make this happen... ¬¬

As for Mane Six pony attractiveness...
    Spoiler
    Show

Wet mane Rarity = end of discussion.

For non-Mane 6 attractiveness, Celestia, Luna, Spitfire, and Cheerilee consistently rank highly, but there's something about Blossomforth that I find incredibly cute/attractive (cutetractive?).

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahhh, if I didn't live with other people I would make that my background.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Noted.

Take credit away, three hours later, still not done. Now four in morning. Can't meditate until done. Can no longer form coherent sassparillas. Seeing dancing ponies with open eyeglows. Not seeing good ponies. Pretty sure two plus two equals haddock. Can't brain proper. Aaarg.

Bibble.
    Hmm, actually I'd take it as a reassuring sign that your progressive insanity degenerates in J.R.R. Tolkien. It's a sign that you're not doing too badly, really.

Oh and if you're in the mood for some controversial fun of a nature too political for this board, here's a conservative internet talk show discussing bronies. I think they went a little over the top with the pony name generator, but I give them a 7/10 for the Gumby comparison and +1 for (most likely correctly) calling us Obama's base. 8/10, would be trolled again.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-05-09 at 12:31 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

Bibble.
    I hope that drum sound goes away lich, otherwise it might be a signal from an alien race trying to escape time lock.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Colossus in the Playground

Hmm, actually I'd take it as a reassuring sign that your progressive insanity degenerates in J.R.R. Tolkien. It's a sign that you're not doing too badly, really.

Oh and if you're in the mood for some controversial fun of a nature too political for this board, here's a conservative internet talk show discussing bronies. I think they went a little over the top with the pony name generator, but I give them a 7/10 for the Gumby comparison and +1 for (most likely correctly) calling us Obama's base. 8/10, would be trolled again.
    Wow, that was the most incoherent speech on growing up I've ever heard.

My rebuttal is simply to ask what grown up people are meant to enjoy in their time off. I think baseball is the standard American apple-pie eating answer? Am I wrong?

Point is, why is baseball still cool at 40 and Star Wars isn't? Because old people grew up with baseball as their only entertainment source. It's a throwback to their own childhood. That's why they enjoy it.

Seriously, athletes of the world. It's time to get in touch with your inner adult and realise you can't make the world a better place by running around and playing with balls. Our founding fathers were wearing suits and ties and killing Redcoats as young as ten. You're forty and still playing football? Grow up.

Same argument can be employed against any so-called 'grown up' activities.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

you're really grown up when you stop worrying about what's grown up or not
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, that was the most incoherent speech on growing up I've ever heard.

My rebuttal is simply to ask what grown up people are meant to enjoy in their time off. I think baseball is the standard American apple-pie eating answer? Am I wrong?

Point is, why is baseball still cool at 40 and Star Wars isn't? Because old people grew up with baseball as their only entertainment source. It's a throwback to their own childhood. That's why they enjoy it.

Seriously, athletes of the world. It's time to get in touch with your inner adult and realise you can't make the world a better place by running around and playing with balls. Our founding fathers were wearing suits and ties and killing Redcoats as young as ten. You're forty and still playing football? Grow up.

Same argument can be employed against any so-called 'grown up' activities.
    I thought the utter incoherence added to the charm. That guy on the right couldn't even keep a straight face during his own delivery.

Also, I like baseball, but I don't think it's associated with being grown up because tons of kids love it as well. It's more of an everybody at any age activity.

Also also, I find it really funny how associating anything with money makes it grown up. Baseball might be childish, but getting payed millions to play it is serious business. Telling a fairytale is only make believe for kids until you make money selling the book.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    you're really grown up when you stop worrying about what's grown up or not
    This is one of my philosophies in life, gentlemen.

As evidenced by the fact that I watch FiM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I got nothing to add today.

Have a fillydash comic:

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

The pony I'm most like? Hmm...

I'm a lot like Twilight, if in her heart she dreamed of being Rainbow Dash, and oscillating between her pre- and post-Ponyville version. With a bit of Fluttershy's shyness added for good measure. I think that actually describes me really damn well. One big mess of conflicting traits.

Kind of a shy, introverted egghead. At the moment I'm like pre-Ponyville Twilight in that I haven't got a single friend IRL who isn't family, and even family boils down to... five people, if you don't count all the ones I never see or hear from. And online I can probably count my friends on one hand, unless I count everyone in ponythread as a friend in which case it's obviously a lot more. But I don't exactly talk to all of you all that frequently.

But that's not to say I haven't had friends, or don't want friends, or that I'm not very social. I've had many friends, they've just drifted away and contact hasn't been kept up. And I can be very social too. I like hanging out with friends when I have them. But I also like being alone. And then there's the shyness, I guess.

I'm also competitive, and lazy yet hard-working all at the same time. That's where I'm like Rainbow Dash, I do things in spurts. Like RD I also like looking good (in the non-frilly way, not in Rarity's sense of looking good), though my mirror tells me I have a loooong way to go in that regard. My confidence isn't exactly always on RD's level. I switch between great confidence in myself and great... lack of confidence in myself, sometimes both at the same time.

Being a lonely bookworm also doesn't do wonders for your physique... although I'm making progress again, after years of... what's the opposite of progress? I'd love to get into proper shape again, I was in pretty good shape as a kid, but... did I mention I'm also lazy? And a decade of on-and-off depression can do a lot of bad to you, too.

Anyway... this is all a bit depressing to think of. So... have some pure, triple-distilled happiness instead:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    What did I do? All the Mane Six have varying degrees of cuteness/attractiveness. That's why I (mostly) refuse to rank them - my list constantly changes.
    You posted that awful gif of AJ being all cute and adorable It may have influenced my ranking of her, giving her an edge over Pinkie.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

Glarg.

Don't want to do that again in a hurry.

Hopereaver why is the command centre-

Because apparently tartan is the only weakness of the deadly space-llamas of Foodlewhang Nine.

I was really out if there, for a while, wasn't I?

Get a cleaning crew up here...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm still hallucinating, aren't I?

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

Got a thing for older women I see.
    Lady looks damn fine for 1000+ years old, there's no denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    There was a typo in the image code, but don't worry, I fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    As for Mane Six pony attractiveness...
    Spoiler
    Show

Wet mane Rarity = end of discussion.
    Beatnik Rarity > Wet mane Rarity.
    Spoiler
    Show

Changing the subject, everypony should go pounce on SiuiS, because as he's just said in the ME thread, that nasty he did to his fingers is a lot more serious than it looked (an' it looked pretty dire); and as I'm at a loss to suggest what else to do for him, having ponythread group-tackle-glomp him seems like at least a starter.
    Poor SiuiS *hugs the wizard pony*

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    This could mean good things either for Gilda or Spike.

The new One True Ship?
    Eh, it's been done (No I won't link it. Trust me, that's doing you a favour)

Gilda/Crackle, now that's a pairing!

Glarg.

Don't want to do that again in a hurry.

Hopereaver why is the command centre-

Because apparently tartan is the only weakness of the deadly space-llamas of Foodlewhang Nine.

Get a cleaning crew up here...

I'm still hallucinating, aren't I?
    Speaking of which, I woke up to find a package on my doorstep with this inside *holds up very large, very mean-looking rocket launcher, wrapped in a red ribbon*. Was that you? The note that came with it only said: "When the Bargles come, you will know what to do."
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Spamalot in the Playground

Applejack, on the other hand, seems more homely and a bit more stocky (odd considering all ponies have very similar body types).
    I guess that's a good sign when the artists of the show can portray different body types just on the same frame. Along the same lines Fluttershy always seemed a bit skinny to me and Pinkie a bit chubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    All zeppelins, this is Fleet Admiral Maxtronaut. Brace for incoming arguement reply posts! *Sits in admiral's chair and grips the arm rests tightly.*
    You put AJ first?!?!
    **Knocks on door to bridge, leaves box of cookies with thank you note**

**Walks away from the airshhiiiiiiii..... (Long first step down)**
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Speaking of which, I woke up to find a package on my doorstep with this inside *holds up very large, very mean-looking rocket launcher, wrapped in a red ribbon*. Was that you? The note that came with it only said: "When the Bargles come, you will know what to do."

Bargle is a Jedi character in my longest running party. I'm not sure why I was envisioning an attack by a horde of Jedi explorers, but a rocket launcher does seem like the appropriate counter-measure...

Ooer.

That's sort of frightening.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

If it's any consolation, that's actually more or less true. (Something about contrasting frequencies of light and linear alignments made their brains stop working).
    A stray used-Car Salesman from the 80's accidentally wiped out their entire armada a few years ago.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-05-09 at 08:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Colossus in the Playground

Late night theorycrafting; inspiration hits and the laptop is more convenient than getting out of bed and talking to a meatspace drone. You people get subjected to it.

I have three subfolders in my " Writin' " folder; Self Reliance, Easy as Lying, and Radio Nowhere. Each has at least 5-10 drafts, openings, alternate ideas and varying perspectives. My version of notebooks filled with scrawled ideas and inspirations. Each one an attempt at a major, Serious Business story that'll put me on the map as an author. Individually, competent, each iteration, better, all representative of my ongoing progression as an author, planner, schemer. Each story an elaborate character study of one of my key thought processes. Great.

Problem is, ongoing problem is, voice. I struggle with these stories because the main characters are so unique as to be unintelligible. Wonderful to RP, or have in my head, terrible to centrepiece a book around, right? These people are too real to fit into a story, good grief I'm just now realising that. That's why I sense that these stories fall flat every time I try to write them. There's no way to communicate the entirety of those perspectives.

I need a mechanism to guide readers through the story and to intersect with the alien concepts I'm dealing with here. The traditional means to do this, I finally realised, is to include a protagonist. But isn't that defeating the entire purpose of writing a story as a character study in this way? Isn't this essentially concessioning the purity of my story to one of the most simplistic framing devices in fiction?

Am I not trying to make a deeper artistic statement with my work here?

The moment that thought came to mind I realised I was trying to be a writing hipster. I subsequently smothered that sentiment with a pillow and reassigned all spare cycles to reworking those stories to use the same protagonist leading device featured in legendary works including but not limited to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Tales of the Otori, Fate: Stay Night, Sherlock Holmes and Friendship is Magic.

In other words, it's time to get over myself. To the trenches!

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Beatnik Rarity > Wet mane Rarity.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's the beret isn't it? There's something 'bout a girl in a beret...

Semi-related, in Art of the Dress:

Something brash, perhaps quite fetching
    Hook and eye, couldn't you just simply die?
    Making sure it fits forelock and crest
    Don't forget some magic in the dress
    Even though it rides high on the flank
    Rainbow won't look like a tank
    I'm stitching Rainbow's dress
    I can't be the only one who mentally replaces "tank" with "skank", right?
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

Late night theorycrafting; inspiration hits and the laptop is more convenient than getting out of bed and talking to a meatspace drone. You people get subjected to it.

I have three subfolders in my " Writin' " folder; Self Reliance, Easy as Lying, and Radio Nowhere. Each has at least 5-10 drafts, openings, alternate ideas and varying perspectives. My version of notebooks filled with scrawled ideas and inspirations. Each one an attempt at a major, Serious Business story that'll put me on the map as an author. Individually, competent, each iteration, better, all representative of my ongoing progression as an author, planner, schemer. Each story an elaborate character study of one of my key thought processes. Great.

Problem is, ongoing problem is, voice. I struggle with these stories because the main characters are so unique as to be unintelligible. Wonderful to RP, or have in my head, terrible to centrepiece a book around, right? These people are too real to fit into a story, good grief I'm just now realising that. That's why I sense that these stories fall flat every time I try to write them. There's no way to communicate the entirety of those perspectives.

I need a mechanism to guide readers through the story and to intersect with the alien concepts I'm dealing with here. The traditional means to do this, I finally realised, is to include a protagonist. But isn't that defeating the entire purpose of writing a story as a character study in this way? Isn't this essentially concessioning the purity of my story to one of the most simplistic framing devices in fiction?

Am I not trying to make a deeper artistic statement with my work here?

The moment that thought came to mind I realised I was trying to be a writing hipster. I subsequently smothered that sentiment with a pillow and reassigned all spare cycles to reworking those stories to use the same protagonist leading device featured in legendary works including but not limited to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Tales of the Otori, Fate: Stay Night, Sherlock Holmes and Friendship is Magic.

In other words, it's time to get over myself. To the trenches!
    I had typed out a long paragraph in response to this that went absolutely nowhere and should probably have been ignored anyway. But there was no point in posting it. So I didn't.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post

Semi-related, in Art of the Dress:

I can't be the only one who mentally replaces "tank" with "skank", right?
    i will from now on damn you...

Bow Chikka Wow Wow
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar