New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Good thing I'm on a space station, or that could have really hurt.
    *walks out of a nearby porthole chewing on a pastry*
    i agree
    *looks at lich*
    what? you want one?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Wait, whats that funny feeling? Strange, I thought the food was good but not th- aaarrrggg what is that!

Well...hello there....we...sometimes do a little roleplay.....like with cults and stuff. I....hope you enjoy the thread....oh gosh I can feel my legs...
    Huh, I didn't think those OFC satellites were in position over Camelshan yet. Igor, get me a locational readout on...where did you get a lightsaber?
    Ook.
    No I will not call you Darth Simian!
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aspierob View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to this thread , but after reading everything i just have this to offer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cakkD...eature=related
    Hi! I remember you from the IRC! Welcome!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Huh, I didn't think those OFC satellites were in position over Camelshan yet. Igor, get me a locational readout on...where did you get a lightsaber?
    Ook.
    No I will not call you Darth Simian!
    "Sips on Harm potion with a little lemon cube on the side of the glass"

Well, I must say, going on this little vacation to travel around in the southeast parts of Equinland was good at the beginning, but perhapes risking a trip up into Onagerstan was not a good idea. Ever since I got this bloody horn I can feel pretty much any sort of magic-infused sound, and I do not think I can stand another bloody creature uttering the word "Hugs" again lest I personaly rip off this blasted thing and throw it at them. Good thing that Buffoonsnark is still fireing wildly at random rocks while I can simply bake in the sun and enjoy the shows. Oh, and these lotions and salts Dusty gave me are utterly divine. I have not felt this relaxed in ages. After all, how could such a old dried-out bag of bones remain supple and utterly free of wrinkles in his old age. Yet......

Hmm, well, there is always time later exploration. Might as well arrange a Roc-flight to Zebrica and see if I cannot take my time enjoying the sights. Probably would help my magic to use some necromancy on fresh, battle-slain fighters and see if there good stallions even after death. After all, by the time I circle around the land there will probably be new countries for me to enjoy!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-05-10 at 10:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno, here I am presenting an opportunity to really get creative with a mythic prehistoric terror or world shaking proportions, and all you lot can say is "nah, mate, s'dragons."

You are so boring!!
    Hmmm, I haven't really been following the conversation, but here's my theory.
    Spoiler
    Show

*Flees*

6. - Top - End - #1296

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

*Flees*
    If you want I can hit all the vampires with a laughter strike. I'm pretty sure at least some of the weapon is UV radiation.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

*Flees*
    You enjoy courting doom, don't you?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

oh Twilight...you silly filly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    "Sips on Harm potion with a little lemon cube on the side of the glass"

Well, I must say, going on this little vacation to travel around in the southeast parts of Equinland was good at the beginning, but perhapes risking a trip up into Onagerstan was not a good idea. Ever since I got this bloody horn I can feel pretty much any sort of magic-infused sound, and I do not think I can stand another bloody creature uttering the word "Hugs" again lest I personaly rip off this blasted thing and throw it at them. Good thing that Buffoonsnark is still fireing wildly at random rocks while I can simply bake in the sun and enjoy the shows. Oh, and these lotions and salts Dusty gave me are utterly divine. I have not felt this relaxed in ages. After all, how could such a old dried-out bag of bones remain supple and utterly free of wrinkles in his old age. Yet......

Hmm, well, there is always time later exploration. Might as well arrange a Roc-flight to Zebrica and see if I cannot take my time enjoying the sights. Probably would help my magic to use some necromancy on fresh, battle-slain fighters and see if there good stallions even after death. After all, by the time I circle around the land there will probably be new countries for me to enjoy!
    I'm sorry to cut your vacation short, but as Igor-
    Ook.
    For the last time I'm not calling you that! Anyway, as my assistant informs me, my satellites are finally in position over Camelshan. And don't think you're getting off with the OFC this time, you smug, rotting philistine, this time I've harnessed a much more...unstable force. As a cult leader, surely you must appreciate the reality-sundering power of "The Pink One". MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Spoiler
    Show

When I was a little filly and the sun was going down...

The darkness and the shadows they would always make me frown...

I'd hide under my pillow, from what I thought I saw, but Granny Pie said that wasn't the way to deal with fears at all...

She said "Pinkie, you gotta stand up tall, learn to face your fears, you'll see that they can't hurt you, just laugh to make them disappear...

So, giggle at the ghostly, guffaw at the grossly, crack up at the creepy, whoop it up with the weepy, chortle at the kooky, snortle at the spooky...
    Spoiler
    Show

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1300

" looks puzzled, winces "

Wait, that nasty feeling again. Might want to check a witch docter while I am down in Zebrica, I might have caught something up in this friendship-saturated area. Why must it seem like everyone is trying to kill me? All I ever wanted was to was to help the poor, build a safe place for the forgotten and misguided, bring apon darkness eternal, general things that would help everyone. Yet, no matter what I do, bad things happen to m-

"great explosion to east, followed by a great cloud of pink gas mushroom-style"

What! What in the world.... heh, did he think I was still in Camelshan? Poor fool, all he did was unleash whatever horror he made unto a bunch of innocents while his actual target is in a completely different country! I have been in Onagerstan for the better part of the week! Welp, glad the cell there retreated with a emergancy portal earlier, otherwise they would all certently be dead right now.

"ground starts glowing slightly pink, cracks starts to appear"

Huh, I could have sworn those burning leaves the table next to me were not hashis-

" cracks in ground open, light beams out of it. Balloons start coming out of said cracks"

.....Your kidding. Your kidding, right? This cannot be happening.

"attempts to use magic. This starts playing out of his horn."

Welp, looks like Pinkii̶̸̦͖̝͇̱͎̠̯ͭ̒͟t̴̸̹͉ͯ́̔̿ͦ͡h̤͉̾̋̊̈́̕͞ő̡̧̜͗͒̓̉͊̕ ̦̳t͎͕̣͍̺̂͆͊̓͊̀͟h̸̺͓͓͓̜̣͓̱̑̏̾͆̋ managed to excape. Or something like her, anyway. Normaly, I would be shrieking in fear. I will not be brought down by something who wishes to bring sunshine and lollypops to the realm of cosmic powers. Luckaly, the abriged Neighcronomicon has something about a corrupted chant that can undo this sort of thing. Funny how chaos gods are, so faliable and impotent. Let me get it out of my rib cage....

"lifts foot off the ground, hoof still attached to the pink ground. Nasty gunk dribbles of the stump ."

......Okay, from memory them. Ahem;

We may be divided, but of you all I beg.

To remember we're all hoofed at the end of each leg. ( Of for the love of...)

No matter what the issue, come from wherever you please.

All this fighting gets you nothing but hoof and mouth disease, arguing's not the way-

"pink recedes from earth, hoof is still fused to the ground."

Funny, the soul-shattering version is the exact same as the original, just at a different pich. And involves several noise-making organs mortal minds cannot fathem, but nothing like a good old fashened phlegm in the back of the mouth cannot simulate.

Wait, I did have a telaport spell on me, heh. Oh well, time to go back home, I suppose. You know, this body never realy fitted me, realy. Time to check out the new blood!

"uses said telaport scroll"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Well, its the weekend before finals for me. However, unlike previous all weekend study sessions, I have this to keep me going.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    *walks out of a nearby porthole chewing on a pastry*
    i agree
    *looks at lich*
    what? you want one?

Star-Sergeant!

Fetch!

Spoiler
    Show

*Flees*
    *twitch*

*twitch*

Kyouhen Revenge Counter Set to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Evolution is boring, there's no war, no conflict, no great cycle of survival of the fittest. That's an illusion.

Evolution is not a cave creature developing super infrared vision. Evolution is a cave fish going blind because eyes consume calories.

For story purposes I'll pass thank you very much.
    I don't see how you can write off 550 million years of myriad lifeforms, from Anomalocaris to dinosaurs, to mantis shrimps and rattlesnakes and predatory sea snails and poisonous mammals and any of the other myriads of creatures that populate the planets as "boring because they don't have superpowers" but whatever.

(Also, evolution gave bats echolocation. And blind river dolphin sonar. And fish electical attacks. So, yeah, you can get superpowers out of evolution.)

My reasoning was still stupidly awesome and you're obviously all still in shock at my brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'm not really a wargamer, so I won't argue against your superior expertise. But Warhammer 40k was the big wargame for a long time and it does it's job well, in much the same way D&D gets people into RPGs.
    Nonpony-related
    Spoiler
    Show

That last post was a bit more terse than I would have preferred; but one always feels that one should make people away that 40K and Workshop are very far from being the only thing in town. (The UK is pretty much wargaming central.) Especially given that virtually everywhere else is about half the price. (It wouldn't be so bad if Workshop actually produced passable rules; all the half-way decent sets they have done in the past have always only lasted a very short time.)

And the trouble is, Workshop isn't that good at getting people into wargames (it's good at getting people playing Workshop when they're the only thing in town); given the insane prices, it tends to put newcomers off. I've even, finally, stopped using Citidel paints (as they're rereleasing them all AGAIN), as Vallejo do the same colours, at a third the price for +50% paint per pot.

While there are a lot of wargames rules that are even more rubbish than 40K, the better ones are significantly better, and most of them are not background specific. You could play 40K with Stargrunt II easily, for example.

However, it must also be said that 40K is very much a weapons factor game, and it you prefer the weapons factors (as opposed to the tactics), some of the more generic systems might not appeal so much. On the other hand, if you like a more tactical game, the less weapon factor heavy stuff works better.

There's a reason Workshop is on the downslide, since they are so hostile to all other wargames and so expensive, over the last twenty years, they've managed to alienate most of the rest of the entire wargaming community that aren't Workshop players, in a way that I can't actually think of an analogue in the video game or RPG market. Put it this way: I go to several wargames conventions a year. About one or two have Warhammer games - and NONE OF THEM have an official Workshop presence. Not even at Salute, which is by far the biggest convention of the wargaming UK circuit (equivilent to GenCon etc.) (Now, at the smaller conventions, there are often a lot of Workshop stuff one sale from resellers, but Workshop have been steadily cutting down on what resellers get; especially internet resellers, to "encourage" people to buy from them at full price.) There was a time when they did come along to shows, and then when the they started to try to take over, they didnt get invited back. Workshop is not highly regarded by most of the rest of the wargaming community, so one feels one has to point out that they aren't the only ones around, and are far from the best.

It's like if D&D started actively trying to be the only RPG around, stopped coming to all the RPG conventions, only having their own D&D exclusive conventions, set up clubs where you could only play D&D and discouraged you from doing anything other than playing games with their official modules and outlawing houseruling...

Anyway, rant over, I've said my piece and I'll be quiet now! We return you to your regular ponythread...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-05-11 at 04:41 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Has nothing to do with the conversation at hand, but I thought I'd introduce a new little bit of my headcanon:

Octavia is Pinkie Pie's sister.

Discuss.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Has nothing to do with the conversation at hand, but I thought I'd introduce a new little bit of my headcanon:

Discuss.
    Bobcat wrote a fanfic about that sometime last year. With Photo Finish being the other sister...

(Forever and Beyond Forever.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-05-11 at 05:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

I've been wondering, anyone know what six stars on EqD actually means? Five stars seems to be anything between 4.1 and 5, but the best I've been able to figure out about six stars is that it's apparently something about number of votes.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Banned

They should add a male pony main character in 3rd season.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
    They should add a male pony main character in 3rd season.
    I think they should focus on giving the characters they already have which are lacking it some characterization ( *COUGH* Applejack *COUGH* ) before they start throwing in new characters.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-05-11 at 07:12 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I think they should focus on giving the characters they already have which are lacking it some characterization ( *COUGH* Applejack *COUGH* ) before they start throwing in new characters.
    Yeah... and Scootaloo

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I've been wondering, anyone know what six stars on EqD actually means? Five stars seems to be anything between 4.1 and 5, but the best I've been able to figure out about six stars is that it's apparently something about number of votes.
    50+ votes with 4.9 average.

There was a time, before the starbombers, when that meant something.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello! I've been lurking since the tail end of thread two and thought It's high time I started posting. I'd have posted earler, but... yeah. So, are we discussing personal fanon again?

Fanon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nightmare Moon is/was more powerful then Celestia, but not when Celestia wields the Elements of Harmony. But other then that Celestia is the most magical pony in Equestria under normal, non-True Love-powered, circumstances.

I'm not normally one for shipping, even outside of ponies I've only got a few, but I do admit that Lyra and Bon Bon look nice together. And I do like RariSpike.

Derpy is Dinky's mother. I'm not to sure about Sparkler but the story the Commander linked to earlier is pushing me towards the adopted daughter angle.

I'll assume Forever, Beyond Forever and The Old Stories all happened unless directly contradicted by Canon. And probably still will afterwards.

The ponies of Canterlot didn't buy Applejack's food at the Grand Galloping Gala because they're elitist jerks. It's just that last year it was catered by Royal Gala and they were all appled out.

Trixie The Great And Powerful Trixie! is the cousin of The Flim-Flam Brothers The World Famous Flim-Flam Brothers! I imagine their family get togethers are Glorious Spectacles!

Bon Bon is a member of the Ponyville Amateur Drama Club, and always stays in character in the days leading up to the show, even going so far as to adopt her characters voice and mannerisms.

Chrysalis wasn't surprised that Cadence's and Shining Armour's love was powerful enough to defeat her. I mean, she just used it to defeat Celestia after all. She was surprised because she eats love, and it was still there. It'd be like being surprised that the hamburger you'd just eaten has reappeared on your plate.

Lyra is close friends with Cadence and Shining Armour. In fact, Shining Armour asked her to follow Twilight to Ponyville to keep an eye on her for him. She liked it so much, she moved there.

Oh, in the time it took me to find my personality test result on my computer the topic changed. Yeah, I agree with Gamerlord and Deadly here. The other Crusaders have had their own episode, it'd be interesting to see Scootaloo without the other two. And maybe we'll get an Applejack episode where she's actually the focus of the episode she stars in next season.
    **crosses fingers**
    As your time spins and sets what you love you can forget this I hope, I believe it's insomnia fantasy the tortoise had a dream that he was free. when he woke up, he was married. some things are better than freedom.
    freedom, kōan 129. koanoftheday.com

Kris & Lyra by me.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    50+ votes with 4.9 average.

There was a time, before the starbombers, when that meant something.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, I learned early on to look at the comments instead of the stars. Still, I'm quite happy with my recent 4.6 stars, it's a definite improvement over Fillystata which only barely snuck its way up to 4.1.

Writing something worthy of 6 stars would be nice, though.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-05-11 at 07:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1312

Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, I learned early on to look at the comments instead of the stars. Still, I'm quite happy with my recent 4.6 stars, it's a definite improvement over Fillystata which only barely snuck its way up to 4.1.

Writing something worthy of 6 stars would be nice, though.
    I'm four for four on six star stories primarily due to my practise of ignoring the existence of the multiple four star stories that marked the early days of my career in the pony fandom. Never existed, my record is perfect, hmm-hm-hmm!

But having seen Yours Truly get instantly 3starred minutes after going up I am completely without faith in the star system.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-11 at 07:32 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

I'm four for four on six star stories primarily due to my practise of ignoring the existence of the multiple four star stories that marked the early days of my career in the pony fandom. Never existed, my record is perfect, hmm-hm-hmm!

But having seen Yours Truly get instantly 3starred minutes after going up I am completely without faith in the star system.
    Well, the first few hours probably don't say much, unless you get lots of people who intentionally rate low without even reading it. People need time to read it, after all. I seem to have been lucky and avoided most of the star-bombing with my last story, despite the completely wrong tagging it got.

24. - Top - End - #1314

Well, the first few hours probably don't say much, unless you get lots of people who intentionally rate low without even reading it. People need time to read it, after all. I seem to have been lucky and avoided most of the star-bombing with my last story, despite the completely wrong tagging it got.
    Oh yeah, while I remember - I've been meaning to ask you about your screen names. Why do you have several, how did you acquire them and what do they mean?
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-11 at 07:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You enjoy courting doom, don't you?
    Um, yes?
    Spoiler
    Show

Look at him! Who wouldn't want to court him?

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    Hello! I've been lurking since the tail end of thread two and thought It's high time I started posting. I'd have posted earler, but... yeah. So, are we discussing personal fanon again?

Fanon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nightmare Moon is/was more powerful then Celestia, but not when Celestia wields the Elements of Harmony. But other then that Celestia is the most magical pony in Equestria under normal, non-True Love-powered, circumstances.

I'm not normally one for shipping, even outside of ponies I've only got a few, but I do admit that Lyra and Bon Bon look nice together. And I do like RariSpike.

Derpy is Dinky's mother. I'm not to sure about Sparkler but the story the Commander linked to earlier is pushing me towards the adopted daughter angle.

I'll assume Forever, Beyond Forever and The Old Stories all happened unless directly contradicted by Canon. And probably still will afterwards.

The ponies of Canterlot didn't buy Applejack's food at the Grand Galloping Gala because they're elitist jerks. It's just that last year it was catered by Royal Gala and they were all appled out.

Trixie The Great And Powerful Trixie! is the cousin of The Flim-Flam Brothers The World Famous Flim-Flam Brothers! I imagine their family get togethers are Glorious Spectacles!

Bon Bon is a member of the Ponyville Amateur Drama Club, and always stays in character in the days leading up to the show, even going so far as to adopt her characters voice and mannerisms.

Chrysalis wasn't surprised that Cadence's and Shining Armour's love was powerful enough to defeat her. I mean, she just used it to defeat Celestia after all. She was surprised because she eats love, and it was still there. It'd be like being surprised that the hamburger you'd just eaten has reappeared on your plate.

Lyra is close friends with Cadence and Shining Armour. In fact, Shining Armour asked her to follow Twilight to Ponyville to keep an eye on her for him. She liked it so much, she moved there.

Oh, in the time it took me to find my personality test result on my computer the topic changed. Yeah, I agree with Gamerlord and Deadly here. The other Crusaders have had their own episode, it'd be interesting to see Scootaloo without the other two. And maybe we'll get an Applejack episode where she's actually the focus of the episode she stars in next season.
    **crosses fingers**
    Oh, hey! And welcome

Oh yeah, while I remember - I've been meaning to ask you about your screen names. Why do you have several, how did you acquire them and what do they mean?
    Several? I think I have two that I use, and they're sort of the same, actually.

Adcoon is short for A. D. C oon [damn you, forum, that's not profanity!], which again is short for Andrew D. C oon, which is the real name of a silly character called Deadly Raccoon which I used to play in the freeform section here on GitP, back then known as the Town. Deadly was a young psionic prodigy who, when he lost his pet raccoon Muffin in an accident, stole the power of the racoonish god of death and ran around thinking he was a talking raccoon with a muffin obsession (what is it about muffin obsessions that obsesses people so?).

That was the original story, at least. This evolved into something about him being some sort of elder horror, or something. And he suddenly had a sister who may have simply been another aspect of his mind, one of many, many aspects. Can't remember the details, but the name Andrew D. C oon stuck and seemed like a nice pseudonym.

The name Deadly Raccoon was originally born from some misheard lyrics of a song. The actual lyrics were "deadly black hole" which to me sounded like "deadly raccoon", and of course that just begged to become a character.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-05-11 at 08:03 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see how you can write off 550 million years of myriad lifeforms, from Anomalocaris to dinosaurs, to mantis shrimps and rattlesnakes and predatory sea snails and poisonous mammals and any of the other myriads of creatures that populate the planets as "boring because they don't have superpowers" but whatever.

(Also, evolution gave bats echolocation. And blind river dolphin sonar. And fish electical attacks. So, yeah, you can get superpowers out of evolution.)

My reasoning was still stupidly awesome and you're obviously all still in shock at my brilliance.
    Oh I don't really care about various abilities, the problem is that I think people view evolution from only a limited angle. Imagining only the cool results while ignoring the dodos. From a zoological perspective its results at any given time are interesting because the display of life's variety is always interesting, but for an actual story all sense of drama simply vanishes when I stop and consider the full processes involved.

Lich you described some eons long war and that's simply not true. Actual war would extinguish a species long before it had a chance to evolve.

Evolution is nothing so intense as a war, it is as interesting a story as annual murder statistics.

Also attempting to deconstruct one of the greatest archetypes of power with a mundane explanation... ick! More mystery, less history please!

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

Discuss.
    Hm, I always thought of Pinky's color change as metaphorical, but it is interesting to consider if it's not. Do ponies change color based on emotion like chameleons? What emotion is white? Did she dye herself, does she now? Is is a unique think that only she does? Are ponies basically colorblind and no one noticed. Clearly someone needs an elaborate and basically unsubstantiated theory on the matter.
    Nevermind, just found it, deleting old post.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Banned

What color change? Pinky was always pink, IIRC.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Several? I think I have two that I use, and they're sort of the same, actually.

Adcoon is short for A. D. C oon [damn you, forum, that's not profanity!], which again is short for Andrew D. C oon, which is the real name of a silly character called Deadly Raccoon which I used to play in the freeform section here on GitP, back then known as the Town. Deadly was a young psionic prodigy who, when he lost his pet raccoon Muffin in an accident, stole the power of the racoonish god of death and ran around thinking he was a talking raccoon with a muffin obsession (what is it about muffin obsessions that obsesses people so?).

That was the original story, at least. This evolved into something about him being some sort of elder horror, or something. And he suddenly had a sister who may have simply been another aspect of his mind, one of many, many aspects. Can't remember the details, but the name Andrew D. C oon stuck and seemed like a nice pseudonym.

The name Deadly Raccoon was originally born from some misheard lyrics of a song. The actual lyrics were "deadly black hole" which to me sounded like "deadly raccoon", and of course that just begged to become a character.
    A little addition, I dug out some old avatars of Deadly and his friends
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deadly Raccoon

Deadly and Muffin Racoon together, dressed as pirates

Dead Lee, possibly Deadly's sister, I don't recall her story anymore. She might have died tragically too, when she showed up again she was a possessed zombie doll of some sort

Now I'm feeling all nostalgic. Also seeing way more similarities to Derpy and Dinky than I'm sure is good for me.