New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Changelings=black coat.
    Theory holds.
    Luna: Dark blue
    Nightmare Moon: Black

Theory holds.

Also, changelings technically have a carapace, not a coat. At least, they look insecty enough to imply one.
    (Hm, does that mean they're exoskeletal?)
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

2. - Top - End - #1352

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Also, changelings technically have a carapace, not a coat. At least, they look insecty enough to imply one.
    (Hm, does that mean they're exoskeletal?)
    well, they are certainly tough enough that their default attack apparently involves slamming their head at the target repeatedly or slamming it with high speed and force.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

3. - Top - End - #1353

Best minor pony moment is Derpy, hooves down

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    well, it's true that pinkie's shade of pinkie did darken as she becomes less harmonious.

coupled with the fact that each main 6 lost their colors as they succumbed to Discord's influence.

now what if the color change wasn't an effect of Discord but rather a natural part of pony physiology?

That means the less friendship and harmony and love a pony generates the less color they show. (not to steortype against natural grey ponies like Inky and Octavia, but I mean the truely drab grey that we've seen)

Now is the inverse also true? By this theory a pony filled with friendship/harmony/love becomes super colorful.

gasp!!! maybe when a pony is so saturated with F.H.L.* their body automatically extrude the excess F.H.L in the form of power blasts. we just explained all the pony power blasts in show!

Elements? that's just tools of focus.

*: friendship harmony love

edit: I vote for
    Stashing Ponythreads [all] around in case of Pony Emergency
    Should Twilight have become brighter after the first two episodes if that were true?

EDIT: Oh, also, fimfiction.net is a terrible time sucking black hole and no matter how much I read my list of stories to read later NEVER GETS SHORTER! It's a trap, I tells ya!
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-05-11 at 04:00 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Horsies!
    Spoiler
    Show

:trollface:

Real horses are pretty freaky, though
    Alright, how the hay did specimens #47 and #48 get out?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Best Moment by a Minor Character!

Minor characters are defined by not being either one of the Mane 6 or one of the CMC.
    Derpy is going to win this in a landslide, but I'll put a humble nomination out for Big Mac's unstoppable hop in Hearts and Hooves Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Should Twilight have become brighter after the first two episodes if that were true?
    I don't know, she seemed pretty smart already.

Ponythread, I have a bit of an odd idea. Something I realized about PAX East, or the PAX conferences in general, is that they work so well because they take a bunch of folks with semi-similar interests, and gives them a space to hang out. A space to play, to see, or to simply just talk. All that negativity you see online is (mostly) stripped away. And it got me to thinking; why can't we do that with the pony community? Not just at BronyCon, or Everfree, or any other conventions we have. We've got the internet. We've got Skype. Wouldn't it be awesome to have some sort of online meeting group? Like, a group of people who all agree to be online at the same time. People get randomly assigned to small groups, maybe no more than four. And then we have some suggested or provided activities. Maybe they all watch an episode together, maybe they all find a game they all own, maybe they just share art they've done, who knows? And then next time, they get a different group of folks. Meeting new people, seeing the other faces in this vast fandom, not just reading anonymous words through a chat or forum. I don't know, maybe this is the cold medicine talking, but I think it would really do wonders for folks.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #1357

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I don't know, she seemed pretty smart already.

Ponythread, I have a bit of an odd idea. Something I realized about PAX East, or the PAX conferences in general, is that they work so well because they take a bunch of folks with semi-similar interests, and gives them a space to hang out. A space to play, to see, or to simply just talk. All that negativity you see online is (mostly) stripped away. And it got me to thinking; why can't we do that with the pony community? Not just at BronyCon, or Everfree, or any other conventions we have. We've got the internet. We've got Skype. Wouldn't it be awesome to have some sort of online meeting group? Like, a group of people who all agree to be online at the same time. People get randomly assigned to small groups, maybe no more than four. And then we have some suggested or provided activities. Maybe they all watch an episode together, maybe they all find a game they all own, maybe they just share art they've done, who knows? And then next time, they get a different group of folks. Meeting new people, seeing the other faces in this vast fandom, not just reading anonymous words through a chat or forum. I don't know, maybe this is the cold medicine talking, but I think it would really do wonders for folks.
    First, obligatory rimshot

And I think that somewhere like ponythread is already like what you mean, minus the face to face element. There's not really that much anonymity after you've been bantering back and forth under the same user name. Plus asynchronous communication has its advantages, especially since we all keep different hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Counterpoint
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-05-11 at 04:35 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    First, obligatory rimshot

And I think that somewhere like ponythread is already like what you mean, minus the face to face element. There's not really that much anonymity after you've been bantering back and forth under the same user name. Plus asynchronous communication has its advantages, especially since we all keep different hours.
    I wasn't talking about ponythread exclusively, I'm talking fandom-wide. Our little community here wouldn't get much use out of such a system, I agree. But something on a much grander scale? I think it could do some good.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

My Synchtube room is always open. I've put a playlist of all the pony episodes there, and the name of the room is just "PhantomFox's room" as I have yet to customize it. If you ever feel the need for some covert pony-watching, this might suit your needs.
    ...Wow I just noticed this.
    It helps with that, thanks.
    Still got to deal with the shame of simply seeing it, even the bits
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-11 at 04:58 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    It seems to help with that, thanks.
    Still got to deal with the shame of simply seeing it, even the bits
    Shame is just society's way of keeping you under control.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Day late, dollar short, and all that, but here's my thought on dragon evolution.

As I understand evolution, weapons do not occur because of some threat, they occur because they're initially useful for something else. Claws are for keeping a grip on bark/prey, and such things. So. Let's take, as our proto-dragon, a warm-blooded creature that, for one reason or another, lives near molten rock. Naturally it'd want some way to shed waste heat, thus fire breath and possibly proto-wings. At this point, fire breath isn't very formidable, maybe maxing out at Spike's level for the oldest/most gifted.

Now we introduce a predator. Something like... a Purple Worm. Big and dangerous and likely to find the protodrakes edible. Suppose, then, that it's not fond of fire (though I admit, one of the kinks in this is that it's eating things near lava), so those dragons who vent heat at it are most likely to survive. Selecting for aggression, and also (as the Worms that are more fireproof are more likely to get a good meal, and thus are selected for) strength of the firebreath.

Somehow, both sides end up on the surface. The dragons have their fire, but the worms are by this point very well-armored. So how do you win against a better-armored foe than yourself? Mobility. Those dragons that can dodge, and can work their way around to direct fire or claws at the worm's weak point, are more likely to survive. And there aren't a lot of things in the natural world that grant greater mobility than wings. So those cooling fins that catch air better are more useful for survival.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

12. - Top - End - #1362

Shame is just society's way of keeping you under control.
    Dude, it's both it and me, watch it on my social environment and you'll be mocked to death, no, ignoring doesn't work, they'll do it physically too, for ever, no matter what.
    And it still looks off to me , I'm a loner that prefer explosions and fights and I don't like music.... And it looks like it is the complete opposite
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-11 at 05:12 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thought for the day: one voice actor not on the show, any voice actor, is brought on for a one episode role. Who and what?

I'd like to see John DiMaggio as one of Dash's relatives.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Dude, it's both it and me, watch it on my social environment and you'll be mocked to death, no, ignoring doesn't work, they'll do it physically too, for ever, no matter what.
    And it still looks off to me , I'm a loner that prefer explosions and fights and I don't like music.... And it looks like it is the complete opposite
    See that should inspire worry or perhaps fear, but not shame.

If you don't like it that's a different matter. Though your tolerance may grow. Mine did as I got more involved with the fandom.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #1365

See that should inspire worry or perhaps fear, but not shame.

If you don't like it that's a different matter. Though your tolerance may grow. Mine did as I got more involved with the fandom.
    Actually generates fear and shame, but significantly more Shame than fear cuz of the 2nd thing

I do like some of it, though it's just a bit of the fandom stuff, nothing much else. And couldn't try the show much cuz of that...
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-11 at 06:22 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Thought for the day: one voice actor not on the show, any voice actor, is brought on for a one episode role. Who and what?

I've already mentioned that I'd love to see BRIAN BLESSED voice Celestia's and Luna's father, also;
    Christopher Lee as Starswirl the bearded
    A flashback episode featuring Discord's orginal rein, where Patrick Stewart voices an assistant to Celestia
    Weird Al voicing one of Pinkie Pie's relatives
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1367

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I've already mentioned that I'd love to see BRIAN BLESSED voice Celestia's and Luna's father, also;
    A flashback episode featuring Discord's orginal rein, where Patrick Stewart voices an assistant to Celestia
    I would personally love to hear Liam Neeson voice either Celestia and Luna's dad or Starswirl the bearded.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Jennifer Hale.

It doesn't matter what she's playing.

At all.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-05-11 at 06:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I recently stumbled across this, looks interesting (though I have no idea if it is real). http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11176
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

20. - Top - End - #1370

I said this way back on one of the first threads but I want R. Lee Ermy as a Royal Guard drill instructor.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    I said this way back on one of the first threads but I want R. Lee Ermy as a Royal Guard drill instructor.
    Well its not like we wouldn't get that. There are only two type of drill instructors in fiction.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Best Moment by a Minor Character!

Minor characters are defined by not being either one of the Mane 6 or one of the CMC.
    I nominate This Day Aria for this. Can I do that? If so, I definitely do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Yes, all this. Especially Christopher Lee. Favorite actor.

And again, welcome to all newcomers!

23. - Top - End - #1373

Neil Patrick Harris as a anything, anything at all. Perhapes voicing one of Discords minons? Better yet, he's the king of the Seaponies, which would probably alow him to sing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1374

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Neil Patrick Harris as a anything, anything at all. Perhapes voicing one of Discords minons? Better yet, he's the king of the Seaponies, which would probably alow him to sing.
    HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO SING.

... five, six seven eight!

25. - Top - End - #1375

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well its not like we wouldn't get that. There are only two type of drill instructors in fiction.
    What's the other one?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #1376

If they got the guy who voices Gordon Freeman to be on the show, I would immediately go into a coma from the awesome.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    If they got the guy who voices Gordon Freeman to be on the show, I would immediately go into a coma from the awesome.
    Gordon Freeman has a voice actor?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

28. - Top - End - #1378

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    NPH voices Pan, prince of the goat kingdom and spirit of music and spring. He threatens to withdraw musical support for this year's Winter Wrap Up, and is eventually beaten in an epic rap battle by Vinyl, beat-boxing Luna, and MC Pinkie Pie.

29. - Top - End - #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    NPH voices Pan, prince of the goat kingdom and spirit of music and spring. He threatens to withdraw musical support for this year's Winter Wrap Up, and is eventually beaten in an epic rap battle by Vinyl, beat-boxing Luna, and MC Pinkie Pie.
    The reason why he decided to withdraw his music? Celestia and Luna have not visted his kingdom in centuries, and he misses his two favorite ponies so much that he belives the only way to reconnect with the two is forcing a musical episode on them. After all, singing solves everyponies problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1380

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Gordon Freeman has a voice actor?
    the best one EVER!
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show