New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Huh, I knew short haired cats are bad (my cat happens to be short haired), but I didn't know they were worse than long haired breeds. I always just assumed more hair = more mess.
    No. I have 2 short haired cats and 1 long haired cats. For 3 seasons (Fall, winter, and spring) we don't have to expact any shedding from our long haired cat. But our short haird cat, regardless of the day, when we pet them, you get a handful of hair all year long. And when I say a handful, I mean you are now wearing a new glove of cat hair from one petting stroke.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Thanqol, now you've given me another reason to be jealous.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Great Thanqol, now you've given me another reason to be jealous.
    Well he's impressive, but I think calling him Great Thanqol is overdoing it a tad
    Truth resists simplicity.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The thing about him carrying things is that while he can pull quite a load ( He was pulling a cart with at least three mares in Luna Eclipse, and that was just the smallest thing we have seen him shove or pull around) and was capible of hauling houses in his wake, that single cake was a issue for him. My guess is that it was quite literaly dense with richness, hence it being painful to move no matter what he could do.
    For that matter, he appeared to have trouble loading Applejack with her saddlebags back in Dragonshy. Perhaps he's overoptimized for pulling and underoptimized for lifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Well he's impressive, but I think calling him Great Thanqol is overdoing it a tad
    Do you? Would it be overdoing it to call you Great Even Human? (Though I admit, it gets a little weird when multiple names are involved, especially when the second one is also an English word.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    No. I have 2 short haired cats and 1 long haired cats. For 3 seasons (Fall, winter, and spring) we don't have to expact any shedding from our long haired cat. But our short haird cat, regardless of the day, when we pet them, you get a handful of hair all year long. And when I say a handful, I mean you are now wearing a new glove of cat hair from one petting stroke.
    That sounds more particular to your cat.

From my experience while there were times over the decades my cats shed heavily it would never merit that sort of description. I only have had short hairs so I can compare but searching around got me no answer I'd trust for sure but the range favors about the same with short hair being less noticeable.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-05-12 at 01:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Well yeah, its probably just my cat. Her brother doesn't shed nearly as much as she does. Plus, her individual hair is striped in 3 different colors making her hair the most noticable damn thing on your shirt.

But in contrast, my long hair cat, while having bright orange blond color hair doesn't really shed as much during the summer either, despite living in southern california. So I don't know...

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    For that matter, he appeared to have trouble loading Applejack with her saddlebags back in Dragonshy. Perhaps he's overoptimized for pulling and underoptimized for lifting?
    Which might be understandable, because considering his apparent job, he might be far more used to using his limbs to move weight around (as in, slamming into trees, pulling houses, carts full of young mares...) than his body proper. Hence, he never realy has had to build up a tolerance for carrying heavy things in his mouth or on his back, which handily explains those two scenes. Even more so if you consider that, just by going on how big he is, he is in the upper size limit for normal ponies and any more direct weight on his limbs might just strain his already well-used legs. Pulling carts? Sure! Carrying a large bag? Are you crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

@Thanqol

Come on, leave some of the glory for us lesser beings, won't you?

Damn. Well, all the more reason I should go write some more on my own story I suppose. It may not have much hope of attracting such attention, but it is about damn time I got around to it.

9. - Top - End - #1449

So, who wants to help make a D&D fact sheet for MLP Ponies?

If the facts are to be believed, they'd probably have a base strength score of around 46, since Twilight and Rarity are a bit weaker than normal earth ponies. Damage Reduction?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Um, Raptor, it seems Meece didn't sent me picture after all. Can you mail the address to me, please?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

This... makes sense?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    This... makes sense?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hilarious. Pegasus society appears to be quite interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    My vote goes for:

"Stashing Ponythreads around the Internet in case of Pony emergency"

and I also saw

-This Thread is Going to be Perfect
    -My fanon survived Season 2 and all I got was this lousy thread title
    -My Little Pony XLIV: Cleaned. With wubs.

Suggested a couple pages back.
    I like Stashing Ponythreads.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Hey guys.

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

Everypony.

Guys.

Baby. Baby.

Listen to me. Listen. Listen. This is important.

A member of the FiM production staff just read one of my fanfictions of his own volition.

He wrote a comment.

He seems to like it.

*Takes a deep breath, and swallows*

I... did not know this was a thing that could happen.

Guys.

Seriously. Guys.

Guys.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkBZnQui2k0

Seriously, though, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

I calculated that Rarity (and by extension, Twilight) have about Strength 44, so it follows Big Mac is proportionaly stronger, as an active outdoor human would be to a seamstress or librarian...

Superpowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

If the facts are to be believed, they'd probably have a base strength score of around 46, since Twilight and Rarity are a bit weaker than normal earth ponies. Damage Reduction?

That's...scary. Don't you think this insane strength score might be conditional, though?

I mean, look at the season finale. Twilight and Cadence didn't simply bash their way out of the underground mine. And those changelings they fought weren't disintegrating when the Mane Six landed a hit on them.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I guess the amount of shedding really does depend on the individual cat (mine would be closer to the "sheds a ridiculous amount" category"). Given that, my guess would be that Opal is one of the cats that doesn't shed as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    This... makes sense?
    Spoiler
    Show

Eh, I know Word of Faust is that Rainbow Dash is an only foal, but I don't think we've ever had any official word on Fluttershy's family. (My personal fannon is that she has at least one older sibling).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

This is now my headcanon. (PROTIP: it's an animation)
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    I mean, look at the season finale. Twilight and Cadence didn't simply bash their way out of the underground mine. And those changelings they fought weren't disintegrating when the Mane Six landed a hit on them.
    Well for the latter, Changelings are a kind of pony, so equally as toughstrong. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #1457

And those changelings they fought weren't disintegrating when the Mane Six landed a hit on them.
    The Changelings themselves seem to be quite tough though; apparently, their idea of how to initiate an attack consists of smashing head-first into the ground at what seems to be an incredibly high speed, creating a small impact crater in the process (not to mention the tactic they used to weaken the shield - repeatedly slam themselves against it until it cracks and shatters).

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I know Word of Faust is that Rainbow Dash is an only foal, but I don't think we've ever had any official word on Fluttershy's family. (My personal fannon is that she has at least one older sibling).
    Yeah, a number of assumptions in there. It does fit my personal fanon, though. Which makes me wonder if I should give Scootaloo a sibling.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

That's...scary. Don't you think this insane strength score might be conditional, though?
    It's almost like D&D is a poor tool for modelling such things.

Also, going to throw a semi-random vote at This Thread is Going To Be Perfect.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

I calculated that Rarity (and by extension, Twilight) have about Strength 44, so it follows Big Mac is proportionaly stronger, as an active outdoor human would be to a seamstress or librarian...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

These two intrigued me, and I'm kinda bored, so have a bit of counter-calculation :P

Okay, some rough calcs, based on Tom.

Bobcat calculated ponies as being about 28" high at the shoulder (which I think is about right, comopared to the size of the other animals and stuff like apples).

Looking at Rarty and Tom
    Spoiler
    Show

Tom is about twice her height. So, let's assume that Tom is a 56" sphere (that's a 28"/0.71m radius). That gives us a rough volume of near as dammit 1.5m³ (V= (4/3)πr3).
    One minor point here (I'll leave size aside, despite not really agreeing with it, as it will change little in calculation) - it's not spherical at all, in fact, it looks barely 2/3 of a sphere, so I'll use 1m³ (based on your estimation) to give us nice, conservative and easy to calculate figure.

Taking some sample rock densities, because I'm a necromancer, not a geologist (and thus am not in a position to guess what rock it might have been!):

Granite: 2691 kg/m³
    Basalt: 3011 kg/m³
    Mica: 2883 kg/m³
    Limestone 2611 kg/m³

So they're mostly in the 2.6-3 kg/m³ range.
    Again, to be conservative (as scientific method dictates, we're trying to establish lower limit) - what it it wasn't heavy, very dense rock like above, but something like coal? It would even fit Discord's warped sense of humor - both coal and diamond are the same thing, just differently ordered. Plus, I'd assume Rarity knows how much gemstones should weight. So, based on that, here are some coal density figures:

Typical Bulk Density of Coal

• Anthracite Coal : 50 - 58 (lb/ft3), 800 - 929 (kg/m3)
    • Bituminous Coal : 42 - 57 (lb/ft3), 673 - 913 (kg/m3)
    • Lignite Coal : 40 - 54 (lb/ft3), 641 - 865 (kg/m3)

So, this means that RARITY and TWILIGHT are capable of lifting and carrying between 3.9 and 4.5 TONS.
    Based on the above, the load actually would be around 640-930 kg; averaged, it comes about to 3/4 of ton, still impressive load, but nowhere near so.

That is about TEN TIMES the peak of human lifting capacity (and that's lift AND CARRY, not just clean-and-jerk and whatnot). And bear in mind these two are arguably the physically weakest of the Mane Cast (since their jobs don't involve a lot of physical exertion and neither are depicted as being very physically active.)
    Counterpoint - what if unicorns can use internal telekinesis to supplement their muscles, much like Jedi Knights? Twilight was easily capable of feats far outweighing any pony physical ability, I'd not assume she is necessarily the weakest if she can harness but a fraction of that to power her muscles. Remember, she placed near top spot in race despite zero formal preparation and little to none physical activity, versus whole town of rural ponies.

Back working to D&D through carrying capacity, assuming it is a heavy load (as small quadrupeds, carrying capacity is equal to medium bipeds), Rarity and Twilight have strength scores of about 44. The same as big DRAGONS.
    I disagree about them being small, seeing many creatures smaller than humans are in fact medium, but as you said, let's use small quadruped to get medium biped's carrying capability. Sadly, you forget about one thing. It might not be straight carrying load what if Rarity carrying Tom did this:

A character can lift as much as double his or her maximum load off the ground, but he or she can only stagger around with it. While overloaded in this way, the character loses any Dexterity bonus to AC and can move only 5 feet per round (as a full-round action).

It fits well, and if it's true, then her Str score would need to only be 25, allowing for 1600 pounds of weight carried in such way, impressive, but not nearly so. And:

A character can generally push or drag along the ground as much as five times his or her maximum load. Favorable conditions can double these numbers, and bad circumstances can reduce them to one-half or less.

If what Rarity did was just embellished version of the above, necessary Str drops to 20, impressive but not nearly godlike value.

And, in interest of conservative values - what if Rarity is medium quadruped, if only for purposes of weight load? Then, the scores drop to 22 and 14-15, the latter figure being almost completely in mundane range for someone living in rural village

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Do you? Would it be overdoing it to call you Great Even Human? (Though I admit, it gets a little weird when multiple names are involved, especially when the second one is also an English word.)
    I prefer 'Amaziriffic' or 'Bestiferous'. Or 'Cooliolicious'.
    Truth resists simplicity.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Do you maybe have link for this? All I remember is that Faust said RD would make a very poor big sister and she would never give RD little sibling if she could help it.

Which, seeing she saw Cadence as unicorn, doesn't say much these days.

I could name one example where it's not weird at all :P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Do you maybe have link for this? All I remember is that Faust said RD would make a very poor big sister and she would never give RD little sibling if she could help it.

Which, seeing she saw Cadence as unicorn, doesn't say much these days.
    Well presumably their wouldn't be the sexist marketing sterotype executive decision like we clearly had with Cadence's design after Lauren left so presumably if there was some sort of actual note to that effect left behind it would have higher odds of being honored.

As I have seen her state AJ's parents are officially undetermined though I doubt there's that though. So it will just be up to the creative staff whether the idea occurs to them or not.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-05-12 at 03:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    This is now my headcanon. (PROTIP: it's an animation)
    .... Well, I think we know for sure what that "Dragon" was, ehh?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-05-12 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well for the latter, Changelings are a kind of pony, so equally as toughstrong. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    The Changelings themselves seem to be quite tough though; apparently, their idea of how to initiate an attack consists of smashing head-first into the ground at what seems to be an incredibly high speed, creating a small impact crater in the process (not to mention the tactic they used to weaken the shield - repeatedly slam themselves against it until it cracks and shatters).
    Ok, you do have a point there. Though it's frankly disturbing to think the pony world is...scaled up in comparison to ours. Meaning everything is far, far more durable because the inhabitants are almost comically strong.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...#idc-container

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to vanish for a week so that I can play the ponified version of FF6. If I can get the darned emulator to work...
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-05-12 at 03:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ok, you do have a point there. Though it's frankly disturbing to think the pony world is...scaled up in comparison to ours. Meaning everything is far, far more durable because the inhabitants are almost comically strong.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...#idc-container

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to vanish for a week so that I can play the ponified version of FF6. If I can get the darned emulator to work...
    *such* nostalgia. I will have to do the same at some point I think.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Um, Raptor, it seems Meece didn't sent me picture after all. Can you mail the address to me, please?
    Yeah, I just talked to him and he told me he doesn't remember about it. Don't worry, I got this. He won't get away from me.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

This picture - so much irony

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't worry I sent the picture now " YOU CAN STOP TELEPORTING ME NOW!"
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

30. - Top - End - #1470

Well, Ch. 3 is edited and done. Hope anyone from this thread who reads it thinks better of it than the last version.

Here.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.