New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: A Sleepy Little Village [IC Team 2]

DM

As the light starts to fade the whole group bands together and starts to make a camp within the lee of two massive boulders pushed up against a cliff face. It looks almost weather tight above with a small natural chimney for a fire.

Gerbo is slightly over enthusiastic as he helps collect firewood for the fire and forgets to bring any kindling, thankfully Neph, Smoke and Adreyn had presence of mind enough to collect enough kindling to make a good fire. Coupled with a large amount of natural heather and even some bracken found to sleep on the camp slowly becomes a quite cozy.

Caellis appears to have had some serious luck as well as he walks back to camp with a brace of hares, not rabbits or demon-rabbits and even what appears to be a small doe.

Light has faded from the day and the group is sat around the camp fire sharing their meal and some small talk with only the fire giving light off.

Smoke;

Spoiler
    Show

Not a flipping clue in any way what was happening back there.

Whole team;

OOC or IC - i'll need a watch order if your goign to have one and then a spot&listen check and any actions your going to make whilst on watch.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Wrapping slices of doe-jerky into Pearl's saddlebags, Smoke has been reclining against said Pearl for some time feeling quite relaxed.

Physically.

No matter how comfy her giant dog is, this has been one weird day and not at all what she expected upon her escape from Boring Ass Village. No, it wasn't even close.

"You know, I'm going to be pretty pissed if whatever Bloody was trying to tell us was essential to our getting off this mountain alive..." she eventually explains. "But seeing as how it's oh so important we climb up to the top of the rockpile, I want to know what any of you plan on doing if we actually get in over our heads with vile, unnatural wizardry."

Spoiler
    Show
    Smoke *Will* refuse to take anything but either first or last watch, although she will also offer Pearl up in her place as guard. So I'm using the dog's stats for these spot/listen checks:

(1d20+5)[10] Spot (1d20+5)[7] Listen

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Well, I can't be part of the night watch, since my arcane might will fail me if I don't rest eight uneventful hours."

Nephtalineus sighs as if he was sad to not be part of it, but was glad that he didn't have to be kept awake to watch and get bored.
    "Evil is so passè, I prefer to be thought of as just a genius."

Homebrew - The awesome Tier 1 Fighter!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

"I don't know, Smoke... that was the scariest thing I've ever seen. Gnomes aren't strangers to magic, and a lot of my friends used spooky illusions as pranks when I was growing up, but that didn't seem like an illusion to me..." Gerbo pokes the fire with a stick, contemplating her question. "But we're no safer here than we are at the top of the mountain. I suppose if we encounter the monster again, we just leave it be? It didn't attack us this time; maybe it won't attack us the next time either." He offers with a simple shrug.

Then, assuming that solves the problem he changes subjects. "I could take the midnight watch," Gerbo offers. "I don't have any spells to prepare, and I can't help but feel that in some small way, it's my fault we encountered the blood monster." Gerbo smiles apologetically heads over to untie Erfanna so she can graze, then pauses and looks over to his friends pleadingly. "You'll keep an eye on Erfanna while I'm asleep right? She's had a pretty spooky day, so I'd hate to keep her tied up."

Spot: (1d20)[9]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[21]
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-18 at 02:41 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

5. - Top - End - #95

DruidGuy

Happy with the amount of food he was able to provide for everybody, Caellis gets back with a big smile on his face and a good mood to go with it. "Well Gerbo, I only need to trance for about two hours. Wake me up then and I'll take over for the rest of the night. And no worries, I'll keep on eye on her for you."

When/If it gets to his turn for watch duty he sits quietly with his bow in hand, glancing over at Erfanna periodically.
    Spoiler
    Show

Listen: (1d20+6)[17]
    Spot: (1d20+6)[21]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Aderyn assumes first watch and, taking out his melodica, begins playing a lullaby to help ease the others to sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who fails a will save takes a -5 to spot and listen while he plays + 1 round... he plays during his entire shift and he includes himself in the burst... SUCKAS!

Will save: (1d20+2)[16]
    (1d20+2)[6] spot
    (1d20+6)[24] listen

7. - Top - End - #97

Spoiler
    Show

Will: (1d20+3)[18]
    "Evil is so passè, I prefer to be thought of as just a genius."

Homebrew - The awesome Tier 1 Fighter!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Gerbo smiles at the pleasant tune while he unpacks his bedroll. It doesn't take him long to curl up next to the fire and go to sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not resisting the lullaby.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development