New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Monster Academy(IC thread)

Link to ooc

You find yourselves on the bus to yokai academy, surrounded by other students. You've been heading through a dim tunnel for a few minutes now, though according to some of the returning students the trip is nearly done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    not fancy intro yet, but a bus seemed like an easy thing to visualize
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-12-12 at 05:03 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Monster Academy(IC thread)

Behind Agni Urorson, there is a movement forward as Xiaoling Cheong moves up closer within talking distance to Urorson. Keeping her eyes loosely focused on the back of his neck and whatever he's looking at, "Hello! Mr. Urorson Agni." A hand moves out from behind him and up near his face, holding a pen. "My name is Cheong Xaioling. How old are you? Where are you from? Where did you learn to use chopsticks? How many brothers and sisters do you have? Are you married?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rook rests at the back of the bus, eyes closed as she dozed gently. She leaned against the window, the chill from the glass helping her sleep in the heated bus. She was extremely still, the only thing letting anyone know she was alive was the slight sound of her breathing.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Lindsey "London" Irving loved staring outside windows, especially once in motion. It was one of the few things he actively enjoyed besides reading. However, his hobby was being made difficult by the white-skinned girl lying asleep next to him. Rook had taken the window seat at the back of the bus, and he didn't exactly feel like arguing.

The brown haired boy began toying with the large silver cross linked to the collar around his neck. It stuck out against the relatively nice clothes his mother had sent him off in. She'd said something about making a good first impression, and apparently this uniform was supposed to do just that. The undershirt was papery and itched, which made him feel the itch that sometimes came to his chest. His inner demon.

He couldn't smoke inside of a bus, so instead he simply brought out his Zippo and began to click it open and shut with one hand, while the other stayed unconsciously wrapped around his Rosary. He guessed that the soothing sounds of the engine would mostly drown out the clicks and clacks of the Zippo. The flame was up behind a seat, so if the bus driver - the creeper - took a random look back in the mirror, he wouldn't see anything.

He didn't know what to make of all of this yet. He, Rook, and his mother had been doing just fine. They were learning a lot on their own, and humans, while annoying at times, generally left them alone and vice versa. But thanks to his Rosary, he had to go to Monster Academy. He continued flicking his Zippo, his face drawn into a scowl from his line of thinking.

5. - Top - End - #5

Red fidgeted restlestly. There had to be a better way of getting around than sitting still in this big metal box for what seemed like hours. The uniform didn't help either - it was far too restrictive. No way near enough freedom of movement. And it itched horribly. Not to mention smell - all machine-processed. But then again, it was all that she had that fitted now. Stupid lumpy human body.

Shifting in her seat for the hundredth time, she scowled. Were these things designed to be as uncomfortable as possible? And were they trying to drive her insane with boredom? It felt like hours since she'd been able properly stretch her legs.

"Ugh, how long is this gonna take?"
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-12-12 at 12:49 PM.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Not long," Rook says to Red, probably startling all but London, "this tunnel is the last leg of the journey," she says, stretching as she woke up, "and they're not designed to be uncomfortable, they're designed to be mass produced and cheap. It's why I bought clothes that look like the school uniform rather than the actual uniform, London here didn't want to go with me when I thought of it so he has to suffer through with the standard uniform," she continues, rubbing sleep from her eyes, not even realizing she'd read Red's mind rather than hearing what she said, "I can help ya with that if ya want."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Daemon

London didn't let his facial expression change as Rook spoke. He could never really tell when she was asleep, so he just assumed she was awake at all times.

"It's just a jacket. Not that big of a deal," he said, giving it a few tugs before going back to flipping his Zippo. It itched, but nowhere near as much as the Rosary did.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni was fiddling with a quarter he found on the street on the way to the school bus. He flipped it with his right hand, while his left hand did a complicated dance as he grabbed the coin's infinitesimal strands of fate and played with them like a cat playing with a mouse. *tug* Tails. *tug* Tails. *tug* Tails. *tug* Tails. *tug* Tails. *tug* Tails. *complicated knot in the air* Edge.

He jumped a bit at Cheong's sudden appearance and missed catching the coin. The quarter hit the floor and bounced into his backpack, which jingled. He politely let her finish her stream of questions, paused in thought for a moment, and then replied all in one breath. "Fourteen, beneath Yggdrasil, I haven't, nine hundred and forty six sisters and three brothers, and nope! Nice to meet you!"

9. - Top - End - #9

Spinning around to kneel on her seat, Red glared suspiciously at Rook. "I though you were asleep." she replied, sounding almost accusatory. Coincidence, right? She was talking to pretty-boy here. Just happened to mention it. Real weird.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: Shouldn't we get a Will Save or something against mind-reading?)

Briefly distracted by the conversation near behind her, Luhy looks up from the complex diagram of arcane sigils she's been sketching since the start of the bus ride. She's a bit surprised that they have already reached the tunnel, seeming to her that time flies- but then again, her brain's still having some trouble adjusting to a timescale smaller than geological. She's just happy she woke up in time for the bus.

"The pretty, sleepy girl's right about us being close to school," she puts forward, looking back down at her ritual and absentmindedly adjusting a symbol here and there. "No idea whether she's right about the clothes, though, but you can probably trust her on those too. I dunno. But yeah, anyway, we'll be at the school in no time at all, really."

She peers back at Rook over the top of her seat. "I'm kinda surprised you know that, though. Three of ya look like new first-years, unless I miss my guess. And I'm pretty sure I haven't seen you around before, sleepyhead. I guess you did your research?"

11. - Top - End - #11

"I'm a light sleeper," Rook says, as she settled into her seat, "and I'm more of a trancer than a sleeper, I'm still aware when I'm asleep," she says, "also easier to hear people that way."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Normally yes, but this is RP as an intro, just making it funny, like in the show
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-12-12 at 02:07 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Daemon

London narrowed his eyes at the admittedly not-bad-looking blue haired girl. He automatically went into hound mode at her words. Why was everyone so intent on throwing the word "pretty" around?

However, no one had made any sudden moves towards Rook. As long as she stayed untouched, he'd be fine. He kept his glare up at the blue and red haired girls, unsure of what to make of them, especially this talkative one.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Luhy blinks in mild surprise at that, then tunes in briefly to the chatter filling the rest of the bus.

"Hmm. Well, all right, I guess there's more than enough people discussing the bus ride around us," she admits.

"Neat trick about the sleeping, though. Barely anything can get my attention when I'm asleep, and my father's even worse about that..."
    she muses.

"Anyhow. What're your three's names? I won't ask your races, or true forms or anything, because telling that's against the rules at the Academy." She sniffs the air absently. "Although whatever yours is, sleepy girl, you do a good job of disguising it. You smell pretty much exactly like a human."

14. - Top - End - #14

Daemon

London snorted.

"You first."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm Luhy, then, if you insist."

16. - Top - End - #16

Daemon

London didn't let his face change as the girl spoke.

"London Irving." With that, he turned his head to look out the window again, distracted by the changing scenery. He briefly hoped this would be different than back home, when he was surrounded by female hangers on whenever he left the house. Rook was the only one he could really trust in that regard. Everyone here was new. That meant...just about anything, so he dealt with it as he always did. Put up another wall.

17. - Top - End - #17

Forgetting about Rook briefly, Red gave a snort of laughter as London's face changed. Someone's a bit too protective of Monochrome here...

Grinning, she leaned further in. "Name's Red. You're already a student here, right? What's it like here?" Noticing the mess of symbols sketched out in front of Luhy, she carried on "And what's that for? They do art here or something? Weird looking piece."
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-12-12 at 02:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

"Just call me Rook, everyone does," Rook replies, "and I'm not exactly normal," she says with a light smile, "let me show you, think of something, anything you want."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Luhy raises an eyebrow at London's response- if you can even call it that. "Ah, the 'strong silent type', is it? Or maybe that's an act you put on for your girlfriend's sake, hmm~?" She winks at the black-haired girl, then glances to see if that'll evoke any reaction from London.

"...Well, anyway. If you don't want to talk, kid, it's fine with me."
    Losing interest, she turns to the redhead now leaning in close to her.

"Nice to meet you, Red. That's right, I'm a second year here at the Academy. It's...well, um. It's a nice enough place, I suppose. Takes all kinds of creatures, including ones way stranger than you or me. Mostly, what we do is learn how to live among humans without getting ourselves caught. In a lot of ways, they structure the classes and such so we can learn to think like humans. Personally, I don't see why we should lower ourselves like that, but..." She shrugs.

Luhy follows Red's gaze down to her sketch. "Hmm, I guess it would look pretty weird to someone not familiar with the theory and such. We do have art classes, yes, miss Ishigami teaches them- but this is just a personal project. It's the outline for a magical ritual: magic's sort of a hobby of mine. Designed to summon..."

She trails off, looking over to Rook. "Actually, why don't you describe it, Rook?"

Edro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't link pictures properly on my phone, but google image "Spider of Leng" to see what she's visualizing.
    Edit: Figured it out.

Last edited by delta639; 2012-12-12 at 03:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

"A large purple and blue spider with the head and abdomen being connected rather than separated, with ten eyes, and very hairy," Rook says, "called the Spider of Leng. I don't see fangs unless the pedipalps double as fangs. They're from the Cthulu Mythos, from the Plateau of Leng."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-12-12 at 03:53 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Luhy's aqua eyes widen at Rook's description, and she lets out an impressed whistle. "Wow, you weren't joking then, huh? Haha, a mind reader...pretty impressive, think you described it better than I could have. And, er, about the anatomical issues- those might just be because the grimoire I looked in had inaccurate drawings. Human artists, you know."

She pauses, eyes narrowing slightly on Rook, and lowering her voice. "...You should be careful who you show that ability to, though. Everyone here's got secrets, that's why they're here in the first place, and a lot of people- ones more insecure than myself- might feel threatened by the idea that you can find theirs out. And you don't want to mess with plenty of people here, trust me." Luhy's gaze shifts over Rook, Red, and even London, and she shrugs, continuing in an oddly nonchalant tone.

"Some might even try to kill you. It's happened before, plenty of times. I hear that's a big deal for most youkai. But anyways, like I said...try to be careful, all of you. Just a bit of friendly advice from your upperclassman."
    Last edited by delta639; 2012-12-12 at 04:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Daemon

London ignored the girlfriend quip. He'd dealt with all of that already back at home. He also ignored Rook doing her mind-thing, which didn't exactly bother him, but didn't really entertain him, either.

He turned back around and narrowed his eyes, though, once the blue-haired..."Luhy" was finished "warning" them. "We can take care of ourselves. Trust me." He gave a slight grin, one akin to the Cheshire Cat's.

He realized he could instill the fear of God into this girl, but decided against it. She was right, and he hated that. They needed to be careful. He wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of telling Rook that out loud, though.

23. - Top - End - #23

"It's something I only recently came into. I rarely use it for more than surface thoughts when I use it at all. Only time I used it foe anything more than that was when I was trying to figure it all out," Rook says, "I only use it as a party trick, I do respect people's privacy."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Red's eyes grew wide and grin grew wider. "Oooh... Now that's cool. I thought it was odd how you were talking about the uniforms."

With a snort of derision she considers Luhy's advice "Try and kill us? I'd like to see them try. I'm no pushover."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Luhy responds to Rook first. "That's probably for the best, but still. People might get paranoid regardless...your friend London can probably tell you more about that than me."

She nods to the young man, returning his grin with a predatory one of her own, and sensing some of his intentions even if she lacks Rook's methods. "I'm glad to hear you're so confident, London...but overconfidence can get you killed, you know. If you think you're up to defending yourself- and your friend here, perhaps-" she adds half-questioningly. "Maybe you'd be interested in a little sparring match later today? As a prelude to people coming at you that actually mean business. Don't worry, I'd go easy on you, and keep everything nonlethal." She laughs lightly, then turns to Red.

"You, on the other hand, I think I'd rather just ask about your confidence. What sorts of things can you do, Red?"

26. - Top - End - #26

Daemon

London perked up, his eyebrows raising slightly. Finally, something interesting.

"Easy on me? Nonlethal? This's got to be a joke." He gave his rosary an extra violent tug. "Name the time and the place, girl." Yeah, so she was egging him on a bit. And yeah, it was working.

27. - Top - End - #27

Red kept her smile fixed. "I thought we weren't meant to say what kinda monsters we are. Isn't saying what we can do sorta the same? Besides, what makes you so trustworthy?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Luhy chuckles at the speed of his response, and reaction. Ah, now this should be fun, shouldn't it?

"All right, then. There's a graveyard a short distance from the first-years' dorms...and yes, it's there for a good reason. How does there, say...this evening, sound? Seven o' clock, perhaps. I'll give you some time to get settled into the school first, once opening ceremonies are done...boy."

She turns to Rook. "I don't suppose you'd want to come and observe? From a safe distance, of course. You can make sure I don't beat up your friend too badly," she adds- unnecessarily, perhaps, but she's enjoying the newfound prospect of getting more than sullen silence out of London.

Red's response gives her pause for a moment, though. "Eh...well, that's a good point. You don't need to tell me anything just yet, we have only just met after all. I have a feeling that you'll be using your powers against one student or another soon enough, regardless. Pretty much everyone does."

29. - Top - End - #29

"I'm not taking your Rosario off," Rook tells London, pulling a small book from her pack, "But I would like come by nontheless," she continues, then grins, "though, if I were to remove his Rosario he'd likely be able to take on most people at the school."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    "I'm not taking your Rosario off," Rook tells London, pulling a small book from her pack, "But I would like come by nontheless," she continues, then grins, "though, if I were to remove his Rosario he'd likely be able to take on most people at the school."
    "I won't need it. I can take her on my own." He redirected his attention to blue-hair. "7 is fine. Graveyard is fine. You won't be, though."

With that, he imitated his companion, pulling out a thick tome entitled "Commentarii de Bello Gallico".

"Hail, Caesar," he muttered.