New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: LaZodiac Plays: Megaman Classic Series Retrospective

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Haley View Post
    Started watchign these, great LP series!
    Glad you're enjoying! Though I have some news.

Due to some circumstances or another (I'm house sitting!) I cannot continue the playthrough for about a month. So, my friends and viewers, what do you want to see in the intervening time? Cause I'm up for making some bonus/filler stuff to pass the time. Anyone got any ideas?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Um. It's been a while - near to two months. You possibly continuationing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #333

I am, I'm sooo sorry for the delay! I've just been dealing with some stuff. Videos will resume this Tuesday!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I am, I'm sooo sorry for the delay! I've just been dealing with some stuff. Videos will resume this Tuesday!
    Oh, didn't mean to rush you, if you don't have time.

Or was my curiosity just very conveniently timed?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #335

Conveniently timed!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yay! Glad to hear this is returning!

7. - Top - End - #337

Le giga gasp! What is this...a new Megaman!!!

Megaman 5 [6] Crystalman

Yup, that's right, after my hiatus due to various things, we're back! And with a pretty easy stage! It's got those little floaty head guys and the rattons and those discount, spike less Gabyols, which is all quite interesting.

The main threats in this stage are Crystal Joe, who throws crystals at you because why not, and the crystal droppers. However, as Cossack tells us (twice, once in an area with nothing to do with star crash thus giving us a bad idea of when to use it) the Star Crash will shield you from those! Also, we learn that if I get hit it throws off my "groove" and then I get completely wasted.

Also of note, a lot of Cossack's advice seems...really vague and bad at the best of times. His advice for Crystalman is "you can dodge his attacks!". But then he's Russian, so maybe he's having some translation issues on his end. Regardless, Crystalman is decently hard, and actually pretty tough to dodge effectively. However, with his weakness, the Gyro Attack, it's pretty easy to hit him wherever he is on the screen. Kaboom, we get Crystal Eye!

Hope you all enjoyed, see you guys next week

8. - Top - End - #338

Ohmaigaw it's a Megaman

Megaman 5 [7] Napalm Man

The stage starts off to a pretty funny start...if you don't think too much about it

Anyway, this stage. It's...PRETTY HARD, actually. The Suma-trons are vicious little buggers (though as Cossack says, use the charge shot on the things it's good against!) that chase after you. Then we've got some Mettaur Cannons, which are super cute (and for some reason Cossack decides to tell us NOW how Mett's work).

The most interesting part of the stage, for me, is the waterfall area with the little rip off Gabyoal guys, and the Apache Joes. Gyro Attack works wonders here! The final stretch gives us some missiles to avoid, which are...pretty interesting though the last one is a total cheap shot.

Finally we have Napalm Man himself and...he's probably the toughest robot master in the game! Though I DID play somewhat poorly, until his weakness the Crystal Eye, ran out. The fights where pretty funny, though. We pick up our Napalm Bombs and head out!

Hope you all enjoyed, see you all next time. Also, 8 more hours at time of posting to donate to Mighty No 9 on Kickstarter.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah Napalm Man, probably my favourite of the robot masters; who couldn't love a volatile walking arsenal with an unhealthy arms obsession? Shame his boss fight is so two-tone and uninteresting. On the other hand, classiness of Vietnam allusions aside, his stage and track are among the better ones in MM5.

Always use him as my sprite for Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch; it just seems appropriate.

10. - Top - End - #340

No word of a lie, Napalm Man is one of my favorite designs. And yeah, his stage is...well, he DOES love the smell of napalm in the morning, presumably.

11. - Top - End - #341

Oh hey it's time for a Megamans!

Megaman 5 [8] Stoneman

This is the longest stage in...I think all of Megaman classic. So you're in for a long haul! Starting us off are some Met-Mama's, who...give birth to tiny Met-Baby's when shot. Um...okay.

Moving on, we explore a bit of the mining site that Stoneman is in, finding some Batton like enemies that shoot and stuff, which is cool. We also find more Ratton's, and we get some more FANTASTIC advice from Cossack. USE THE CHARGE SHOT ON THE RATTON, AND USE THE CHARGE SHOT ON ENEMIES WHO ARE AT YOUR FEET (IE, THE RATTON). Good job, science man.

Of especial note this update is that we get the last Megaman Plate! This lets us summon Beat, the joint project between Cossack and Light. It's a fat little blue attack bird that destroys everything, quite cool. We'll be seeing a lot more of them this update then I planned

Finally, after muffing it up a bit, we get to Stoneman. Stoneman is the Toadman of this game and is completely pathetic and his weapon, Power Stone, while unique for a shield weapon and rather hard to use, isn't worth it TO use and is a piece of crap. GG Stoneman, I beat you without getting hit.

Hope you all enjoyed. See you guys next time, when we take on Protoman's Fortress of vanity

12. - Top - End - #342

As you may of noticed, I haven't updated in awhile. That's because I'm terrible and have kind of burnt out when it comes to recording stuff right now. I'm sorry, and when this DOES start back up, I hope you're all with me once again.

In the meanwhile, I will be starting something else up. I'm doing a playthrough of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones! It'll be screen shot based, and informative as ever, so I hope you'll be there to join me. I'm actually writing the first bit up right now.