New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten (IC)

"There is one fighting type that I really like that I could use in a...nah, you'll counter him in a heart beat at his training level. Tell you what, I'll battle you after you have four badges, and I'll do it with a mostly fighting team. Three on three.

Liar? Why? What did the ranger say? It could just be Sigma's emotion coding acting up again, though he normally doesn't have as rash a response as that."

He sighs. "Call it at well over century of bad blood. I don't know why the two sides even formed. I was just born on the boundary line. Parents sent me to trainer school so I wouldn't get involved with the disputes. As far as I know, it started when some prominant fighter and psychic got in a dispute, and escalated from there. It's Muking ridiculous! Now they're so separated that we're effectively two different cities, but nobody wants to be the side that gives in. We're progressing though. Artemis was actually banned from the fighter's side of town when she was younger because some prick started a fight with her- I'm rambling. Sorry. We're trying to get things better. We actually are working to get Empaths to feel safe enough here to at least work in the Center, and schools are slowly being moved to the other side, where they will get an education in things besides brick smashing. It's slow, but it will work out in the end, hopefully."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-11 at 01:44 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ instantly cheered up. "Right! I'll do the same! It'll be Fighting on Fighting!" Russ grins and then nods. "Whoa... a training with breaking bricks? I wanna do that!"

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia sighs. "Focus Russ. Martial arts training is not a complete substitute for a proper education." She then recalls when she was younger and was forced to balance her training and studying texts. Obviously she favored the training but she still understood the importance of the education.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ pauses for a moment. "You're really like my dad. Always worrying about my grades and stuff. I passed all my classes! On time too!"

Spoiler
    Show
    If this was a comedy, we'd have a flashback to the teacher's lounge back at Russ's school, back when Russ was there. "Should we really pass Russ?"
    "Hey, his sport is making us funding, and if we fail him he'll be kicked out."
    "..."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well Damien felt ashamed of himself, if there's any thing his lessons had taught him it was that things were not always what they seemed, and that very rarely should one take anothers words as absolute truth. Granted, he also knew that every legend has some grain of truth in it, so he wasn't't dropping his guard just yet. Granted more funds would always be Nice. "It was nothing," he replied apologetically.

He was a bit dismayed by the explanation behind the division in the city. He'd always thought that the world at large had moved on from such things, but that may have been quite naive of him.

Damien wrestled with the thought of answering the man's question, or letting it get swept under. Sadly, if the other leader was a psychic and any were near as good as Caitlin, she'd most likely learn about their reservations any way. This was ofcourse assuming that had not over heard their previous conversation; given his reaction this seemed very unlikely. So he might as well give him the benefit of explaining his side of the story. "He may have mentioned that you folk weren't exactly always on the up-and-up, and that we should be careful when dealing with you guys," he explained plainly.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Personally i think i will believe the ranger who has been helping us to the computer who I have just met, at the same time i currently dont need to believe one of you over the other so why don't you prove how much you value us and give us something to speed us on our way."

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Damian frowns at this new information, and responds with little emotion. "I made some mistakes in my youth that I'm not proud of. Artemis as well. I got out of that life as fast as possible when I realized what I did and it nearly cost me my life. I don't make deals with Rocket anymore. I will say this: never put blind trust in either anyone, and know both sides of a story before making a judgement. Rocket is gone from his town in no small part due to the two town leaders here."

He tenses up for a second at Liam's comment. He mumbles something about manners and when he was a kid, but all Liam gets is a glare from a man about half a foot taller than him.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien nodded as he heard Damian's story. He seemed sincere as he spoke, and if he and his friends were in fact responsible for cleaning up the town, he could give them the benefit of the doubt; especially if they were trying get get rid of the class division within the city. Now that his most dominant question had been answered, he decided to wait and see what the others did and said.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A worthy cause to be sure, but like you said at this point we cannot really trust anyone, especially people who have information about our reasons for travelling and will not tell us where it comes from. I don't suppose it was one of your agents we saw as we where leaving the city was it?

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

'You haven't left the city. You must mean when you left Celadon. No. Not one of mine. Sigma only picked you guys up when he intercepted the message about the Happiness Checker. From then on he decided to monitor you guys. Celadon has invested a lot of money to make sure Sigma can't access security cameras over there. Leonard doesn't trust him. Or me, apparently.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Great well there goes another hope that it could have been a somewhat friendly agent"

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

'So someone spotted you? That would explain the artificial storm that was on the west side. If you hadn't went down into that tunnel, they'd probably have ambushed you in the darkness. Look, Leonard has been pestering me to let you guys use an official safehouse, but now I'm going to make this an order. You will spend the evening in our custody, and I'll not take no for an answer.'

He tosses a set of keys with an adress on it.

'That hotel can be monitered by my Rangers. You can sleep there knowing nothing will happen to you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you in this city. So feel free to wander about it, but don't try to leave till tomorrow.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well since where here for a day we may as well get some training in, although we probably shouldn't split up like we did in Celadon"

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

'Well, if that's all, I'll talk to you all later. Leonard says the young man known as Seismic Toss is to phone him when I'm done, and I believe the Devil from Orre was looking for Autumn. And as I said, you'll be safe inside the city walls. Sigma can keep an eye on you through the pokegears.'

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well i guess if we're being kept an eye on it's less important it stick together, just make sure to tell all of us if one of us gets into trouble. Now if you don't mind i'm going to go to the pokemon center to get Cerb healed up"

If theres no objections Liam goes to the center and gets cerb healed up
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-05-11 at 10:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia picks up the set of keys. "Well i guess i'll be heading over to the hotel. Not much else to do."

17. - Top - End - #827
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Someone's looking for me?" Autumn asks, then remembers that he was in the wrestling ring and sweatdrops, "I think I know what it might be about," she says, "anyone want to meet a pro wrestler with me?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

"Pro wrestler?" Sylvia paused. "Well it couldn't hurt. I guess i'll join ya."

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Eventually, after some looking, Autumn finds the Devil. He is still werring his mask.

'Excuse me Miss, did I overhear you wished for a Mienfoo? I may be able to help. I have no desire for a fighting shifter, I can do that myself. However there is a pokemon I wish to capture, and if you capture one for me I can trade it for a Mienfoo. Would that suit you.'

Despite his towering size and fearsome mask, the Devil was polite, poised, and seemed very inteligent. His voice and demeanor did not match his looks.

'I wish to catch a murkrow. It would allow me to beat both psychic and fighting competitors in this city. I have heard rumours of where they lurk at night and have aqquired dusk balls for their capture. However, my heavy training schedlue does not allow me time to go hunting at night for one. If I supplied you with 3 dusk balls, would you be able to catch me one by tomorrow?'

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Liam gets his pokemon seen to in no time.

21. - Top - End - #831

Autumn smiles, "I'd be happy to help. Although if they're outside the city you may have to wait until tomorrow night for me to get one."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmm now what to do what to do. Guess i should look for somewhere to get a fight in if where going to be attacked so often Liam looks around the city looking for a likely place to fight

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Once everyone else had left to Arceus knows where, Damien decided to approach the older trainer in private, "Uhm, when exactly do we have to be at the safe house? 'Cause I kinda sorta, already made some plans for tonight with someone at the gym, and I was hoping if there might be some way I could, maybe, keep'em somehow," he asked nervously, sure that Sigma most likely knew what he was talking about; though not knowing how much of their activity in the gym Damian had seen.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-05-11 at 11:40 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Autumn:

'No no no, I wouldn't send a young person outside at night. Please, Miss, just because I'm a fighter doesn't mean I lack sense. As far as I have been told, they are common around the psychic side of town. The pokecenter and the pokemart'

He hands you the three dusk balls.

'Please be carefull. I'd hate for someone to get hurt on my account.'

Damien:

'I'd prefer you get in by midnight. If that's a problem, I could have Sigma piggy back inside the pokegear itself. If any of you are going to be out past then, send me a message. Sigma will intercept it, and he can look out for you'

Liam:

You learn the best place to battle would be either the Dojo or the Psychic Gym. There is also a small park in the middle of the city where people can use normal pokemon to engage in regular battles.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-05-11 at 11:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam goes to the park in the center of the city and has a look around for anyone likely for a fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

Perception check for anything out of the ordinary
    (1d20)[5]

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing appears out of the ordinary. The people here seem to be the non-fighter and non-psychic members of the populace.

There are plenty of willing trainers to battle

Spoiler
    Show
    State the rules you wish to battle by, pick your pokemon, and state a bet.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Right then shock and shrike you want to have a go this time then, Anybody want to fight two vs two with 600 on the line then?"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-05-11 at 12:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

"Autumn, if you need help later with the Murkrow i'd be happy to tag along, but till then i'll be at the hotel." Sylvia then started to head out to find the hotel.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien's face lit up like a christmas tree upon hearing Damian's words, "YES! That's perfect thank you; I don't think I'll be out that, long but I'll be sure to message Sigma and stuff!" he exclaimed excitedly

"I guess, I'll see or talk to you guys later? Uhm, bye," he added quickly before practically flying out the door.

He immediatly made I bee line to the hotel, to unload his stuff; and give his pokemon a chance to strech and fill them on on what they'd missed. Once there he made sure to give his parents a call; letting them know about most of the things he'd been through in the last two days, mainly about meeting Caitlin and Chi, about his pokemon and how he was being sponsored. Needless to say, his parents nagged at him for not calling them sooner and making them worry, though they were a bit shocked by how much had happened to him in just these past two days. The conversation eventually took a rather uncomfortable turn once he'd let slip the fact that he had a date; though he managed to change topics to how things were on their end before the conversation got too bad.

With that done he began making swift preperations for his date, cursing his practical thinking when packing for preventing him from packing anything too fashionable. Damien eventually decided to settle on a quick bath before heading out for the day.

On his to the meeting place he came upon a park where trainers seemed to have been gathering for battles, and, after realizing that he'd rushed through his preparations and now had quite a bit of time to kill, he decided to go over there to see if he could get a quick match.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840

Autumn nods, "I will try to obtain one for you," she says with a grin, then she gets a more thoughful look, "um, do you know where the center on the psychic side is? I only just arrived in town."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show