New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ask You

1. - Top - End - #121
    Banned

Default Re: Ask You

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Loss
    What's your philosophy, or what words of wisdom would you pass on if you were called upon to pass on words of wisdom?
    To be "normal" to a notable enough extent to be considered such in truth means to be average, as there probably is no such thing as a fixed, universal point of sheer normalcy, nor could there be, but only the average of personal points of view within a group of individuals. Much in the same way as facts don't exist and even the firmest convictions are really just opinions in the end, the only "normal" one that anyone of us will ever know would thusly be his or her very self, seeing how it might be understood as understandable to judge from what you think you know in absence of a standard to compare yourself against. To take the concept of a "normal" individual literally would therefore but mean to accept the fact that at any one point in time, the sum total of normal people in this whole wide world could only ever amount to one, in numbers: 1. One who, in exhibiting a trait not given in the entire rest of humanity, would therefor be alone in being normal, and as such, the greatest freak of all, which in itself, to make the confusion complete, is by that margin the most normal thing of all. So don't ever dare chafe at being called a freak, do not ever succumb to another's views or desires unless you personally are entirely convinced of such necessity, and remember that I, at least, hold to be alone preferable by far - to being average. (This prolly loses in translation something fierce, but well... )

Quote Originally Posted by missmvicious
    What part of you gets cold most easily?
    One that most certainly does not belong in polite conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord again
    What's your favorite party game/party activity/thing like that?
    Viking Chess, easily. Failball being a close second, though.

But I'm kind of stumped for a question of my own - What would you fine people here say was the most impressive thing you've ever witnessed? Or rather, which of the things you have witnessed so far was the one or were those that impressed you the most? (Nice thread by the way, I'm tempted to stick around. )
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-05-27 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Viking Chess.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Loss View Post
    Probably my feet, when I'm skiing anyways, cause the boots retain heat really badly. When I'm not skiing either my feet or my hands.

Karaoke!

Have you ever tried it?
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

Lydia Deshayes, Socially Awkward Necromancer with a Broken Heart
    Wanderlust, a free spirited, hammer weilding barbarian.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by missmvicious
    Have you ever tried it?
    I once accidentally rocked a party with an Andrea Bocelli cover - "Con te partiro, part 2 - Throaty Germanic Bark". Does that count?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
    What would you fine people here say was the most impressive thing you've ever witnessed? Or rather, which of the things you have witnessed so far was the one or were those that impressed you the most? (Nice thread by the way, I'm tempted to stick around. )
    Okay this is an unfair. I'm going to list three, because 2 of them are hard to share.

1. My son's birth comes first. Father's you know what I mean.
    2. My wife, the host of this thread, at our wedding comes in second, still miles ahead of third.
    3. Dingle Beach in Ireland. Pictures can't do it justice. You just have to go there to see it first hand.

What's your first play:
    Rock, paper, or scissors?
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inexorabletruth View Post
    Which would you rather have:
    An awesome car (any 4 wheel)
    An awesome motorcycle (any 2 or 3 wheel)
    An awesome aircraft (anything that flies)
    An awesome watercraft (anything that floats)
    While I do think motorcycles look cool, I'm a bit too cautious to actually want to ride one. I'll take the awesome car.

Quote Originally Posted by missmvicious View Post
    If you could punch one person in the face and have no issues come from it who would it be?
    A certain person who I once had to work with, who I would dearly like to have punched in the face, and hope never to run into again (lest I actually do so, which tends to be frowned upon).

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Which website do you like to browse most when you're bored? (excluding this one, heh)
    Probably DeviantArt, although if I am bored enough I tend to switch through all of the websites which I have bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Are you, generally speaking, a light or heavy sleeper?
    Heavy. It's generally pretty hard to wake me up. Nearly impossible with sound, but light will do it after a while.

Would you rather be immortalized in a painting, a sculpture, or a song?
    While the song is fairly tempting, particularly if it were some form of ballad, I think I will go for the sculpture. They last the longest, and I've always liked them.

What is your most nerdtastic hobby?
    Not really sure. Probably something to do with D&D.

My hands, and my feet.

A single session of rather lethal D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
    What would you fine people here say was the most impressive thing you've ever witnessed? Or rather, which of the things you have witnessed so far was the one or were those that impressed you the most?
    The stars on a clear night from atop a mountain, or a solar eclipse. Something of that nature, surely.

Karaoke!

Have you ever tried it?
    No, for which I am sure the ears of all around me are grateful.

What's your first play:
    I always decide right then and there. I have no strategy with it. For now, I say scissors.

What is your favourite place that you have ever been?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Well, uh... hello. I guess I'll take a crack at some of these (though I'm not sure anyone will read this).

Which would you rather have:
    An awesome car (any 4 wheel)
    An awesome motorcycle (any 2 or 3 wheel)
    An awesome aircraft (anything that flies)
    An awesome watercraft (anything that floats)
    The car, honestly. As cool as the others are I'm not licensed to drive them.

If you could punch one person in the face and have no issues come from it who would it be?
    The guy who robbed me a month ago outside a nightclub. Hit me with a punch and knocked me unconscious, then took my wallet and cellphone. I can see why he did it, since I was blacked out drunk, but I'd like to get a nice swing on him and give him a black eye like he did to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Which website do you like to browse most when you're bored? (excluding this one, heh)
    Fantasy Sports, usually yahoo. Gotta keep my lineup good, currently first place in my league (but losing this week), and fantasy baseball takes up a ridiculous amount of time. Looking forward to football, because it's a lot less time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Are you, generally speaking, a light or heavy sleeper?
    Depends. At home? Light sleeper. I get about 4-5 hours a night, just because the bed is very uncomfortable, the house is old, and it makes a lot of noises that wakes me up. Not to mention the fact that I'm currently sleeping with the window open cause it's so hot, which means every dog being walked on the street will wake me up.

However, on weekends I tend to get very intoxicated and sleep on my friend's guestbed. Usually get KOed cold and sleep for 10+ hours, so I'm certainly a heavy sleeper those times.

None of the above. I don't particularly care to be remembered, everything is forgotten in time, so being "immortalized" isn't much of a concern to me.

Dungeons and Dragons. Tabletop in general. That's about the closest "nerdy" thing I like, haha.

What's your philosophy, or what words of wisdom would you pass on if you were called upon to pass on words of wisdom?
    "Just live life, man." I can't think of anything profound or awesome.

Toes maybe?

I guess baseball. It has nothing to do with real baseball or my aforementioned fantasy baseball answer (in all honestly, I hate baseball as a sport and only do fantasy for the competition). It's a drinking game that is sort of like beer pong but with elements of flip cup and bigger teams.

Honestly? The beaches near where I used to live. I still go when it's warm enough on the weekends. I've been the hawaii and other beach-based states/cities, and the ones in Southern California take the cake. Laguna Beach, Newport, Huntington, Dana Point, etc.

What's the coolest thing you've ever seen?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

That's a good question. I don't think being immortalised in song has quite the cachet that it used to: how many people these days know the Chanson of Roland, for instance? I think, probably, the sculpture, but all three are tempting.
    Oh, Lord knows. All my hobbies are pretty nerdtastic. Roleplaying, most likely, although my days as an assassin probably qualify too.
    Life's too short to be taken seriously, and if you're in a fair fight you're doing it wrong.

Notably I don't always succeed in following either of those key tenets.
    My nose, curiously enough.
    Some sort of drinking game is usually fun. Articulate! is pretty good. Singstar is alright for shortish periods of time. Quizzes, too, if they're done properly and don't take too long.
    Have you ever tried [Karaoke]?
    I haven't done proper karaoke for years and years (since before I was ten, I suspect) but I have played a reasonable amount of Singstar in recent years.
    What's your first play:
    Paper. In my experience, most people go for rock as an opening move, so paper is usually the best one. It depends, though. If it's someone I play with a lot, then I have to abandon my usual strategy, because they'll know what it is.
    Probably the Languedoc-Midi, in the south of France. There are lots of places of which I'm very fond, though, including the area where I grew up.

Or rather, which of the things you have witnessed so far was the one or were those that impressed you the most?
    What's the coolest thing you've ever seen?
    These questions are quite similar, and I don't have an adequate answer for either.

York or Lancaster? (Or Yorkshire/Lancashire, if you prefer).
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

All of missmicious's questions answered in order.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am such a night owl.

I'd have to say Ice Cream, but only because I've only had Frozen Yogurt once.

My 1st pet(s) were a pair of cats, an orange tabby named Jeepers and a gret fluffy cat named Mazy.

I can whistle a tune.

I can't think of a food that I despise solely on the texture... :/

1 for coffee (I don't drink it ).

A comic fan... yeah, you could say that.

Well, the current hat which I wear and have grown insanely fond to is the Greek Fisherman's Hat, so that would be my choice.

Favorite hot beveRAGE would probably be... tea.

I have no idea as to the Indie band question.

I don't style my hair.

The wolf, hand's down.

Oh God, favorite classic cartoon character, such a hard question... hmm...
    Three Way Tie: Marvin the Martian, The Tazmanian Devil, and Wile E. Coyote.

Agh, Favorite Band... ooh... agh... I don't know.

Best School Subject was, and still is, Art.

My eyes are brown.

My home footwear choices are sporadic at best, but mostly barefoot.

It depends on who I'm calling.

Favorite hero... hm... Link. Still is.

Favorite holiday is Halloween.

Last film I saw was "The Avengers".

Auagh, food... favorite food... hm... Chicken Noodle Soup from Original Joe's Restaurant.

Last bad ass moment? Probably the D&D online portion of our campaign where I got an Elder Dragon to Drink my awesome Dwarven brew. The Dragon asked for it to be copied to an unending flagon.

I have one notable scar, left from ankle surgery after breaking my growth plate in twine.

Jolly Green. NATURE POWAH!!

Babe, Kendaru, Kendalldancen, Kendallabra.

Ooh... I like the look of Deserts as a landscape. I like the whole vast expanse of sand, it's peaceful. Second runner up would be forests.

No I have not...

Bro Fist.

Well, besides cheese, It's usually pineapple and ham.

I think Japan. Less polution, and still a great mix of ancient and modern culture.

Ooh... I like videogames where playing the game is about the experience, and not necessarily about any objective. i.e.: Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, Silent Hill

Depends on your definition of "social event". I hang out with friends a lot... does that count?

First game console was le Gameboy.

Ooohohohoh, favorite toy... do lego's count?

A museum with old stuff inside (ambiguous answer is ambiguous).

Favorite board game... hum... mm... ah what the hell, I'll say chess.

I... do not like exercise on principle (though if walking counts, I'll say that), though I really wish there was an Archery Club or a Medieval Martial Arts (Sword Fighting) Group, 'cause I'd do it in a heartbeat.

My best D&D stat... charisma I'd think. I have a strong personality.

Pairs of shoes... 4-5?

Magic The Gathering.

I can skip stones, though it takes me a couple of tries before I get one to skip (I'm not good at it :P).

I cannot, as far as I know (I would even know where to begin...).

Last time I went to the doc's was to get this bulge in my lip popped. I consistently bite the same place on my lip, & it got infected.

Cheeeeeeeeese... I like really sharp cheddars.

Punch anyone? My dad.

My most nerdtastic hobby... it's a split between D&D and trading cards (mtg).

My feet are always cold, next up are my hands, and next is my nose. I hate having cold appendages, but if I wrap them up in anything they get clammy n' sweaty, so I suffer the cold. I'm mostly tolerant to it now amusingly.

I have not tried Karaoke.

Warning: It's long.

Edit: My apologies, I forgot to ask a question, how silly of me...

What's your most memorable D&D character?
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-06-02 at 06:51 AM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    All of missmicious's questions answered in order.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am such a night owl.

I'd have to say Ice Cream, but only because I've only had Frozen Yogurt once.

My 1st pet(s) were a pair of cats, an orange tabby named Jeepers and a gret fluffy cat named Mazy.

I can whistle a tune.

I can't think of a food that I despise solely on the texture... :/

1 for coffee (I don't drink it ).

A comic fan... yeah, you could say that.

Well, the current hat which I wear and have grown insanely fond to is the Greek Fisherman's Hat, so that would be my choice.

Favorite hot beveRAGE would probably be... tea.

I have no idea as to the Indie band question.

I don't style my hair.

The wolf, hand's down.

Oh God, favorite classic cartoon character, such a hard question... hmm...
    Three Way Tie: Marvin the Martian, The Tazmanian Devil, and Wile E. Coyote.

Agh, Favorite Band... ooh... agh... I don't know.

Best School Subject was, and still is, Art.

My eyes are brown.

My home footwear choices are sporadic at best, but mostly barefoot.

It depends on who I'm calling.

Favorite hero... hm... Link. Still is.

Favorite holiday is Halloween.

Last film I saw was "The Avengers".

Auagh, food... favorite food... hm... Chicken Noodle Soup from Original Joe's Restaurant.

Last bad ass moment? Probably the D&D online portion of our campaign where I got an Elder Dragon to Drink my awesome Dwarven brew. The Dragon asked for it to be copied to an unending flagon.

I have one notable scar, left from ankle surgery after breaking my growth plate in twine.

Jolly Green. NATURE POWAH!!

Babe, Kendaru, Kendalldancen, Kendallabra.

Ooh... I like the look of Deserts as a landscape. I like the whole vast expanse of sand, it's peaceful. Second runner up would be forests.

No I have not...

Bro Fist.

Well, besides cheese, It's usually pineapple and ham.

I think Japan. Less polution, and still a great mix of ancient and modern culture.

Ooh... I like videogames where playing the game is about the experience, and not necessarily about any objective. i.e.: Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, Silent Hill

Depends on your definition of "social event". I hang out with friends a lot... does that count?

First game console was le Gameboy.

Ooohohohoh, favorite toy... do lego's count?

A museum with old stuff inside (ambiguous answer is ambiguous).

Favorite board game... hum... mm... ah what the hell, I'll say chess.

I... do not like exercise on principle (though if walking counts, I'll say that), though I really wish there was an Archery Club or a Medieval Martial Arts (Sword Fighting) Group, 'cause I'd do it in a heartbeat.

My best D&D stat... charisma I'd think. I have a strong personality.

Pairs of shoes... 4-5?

Magic The Gathering.

I can skip stones, though it takes me a couple of tries before I get one to skip (I'm not good at it :P).

I cannot, as far as I know (I would even know where to begin...).

Last time I went to the doc's was to get this bulge in my lip popped. I consistently bite the same place on my lip, & it got infected.

Cheeeeeeeeese... I like really sharp cheddars.

Punch anyone? My dad.

My most nerdtastic hobby... it's a split between D&D and trading cards (mtg).

My feet are always cold, next up are my hands, and next is my nose. I hate having cold appendages, but if I wrap them up in anything they get clammy n' sweaty, so I suffer the cold. I'm mostly tolerant to it now amusingly.

I have not tried Karaoke.

Warning: It's long.

Edit: My apologies, I forgot to ask a question, how silly of me...

What's your most memorable D&D character?
    Why would you punch your dad?

And for everyone else do you prefer to take hot or cold showers?
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

Lydia Deshayes, Socially Awkward Necromancer with a Broken Heart
    Wanderlust, a free spirited, hammer weilding barbarian.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Why would you punch your dad?

And for everyone else do you prefer to take hot or cold showers?
    To be frank, I don't like my dad. The both of us have never seen eye to eye, and the both of us are tired as hell confronting each other(we're both very very bull headed).

Punching my dad would make me feel as if I have some say in our arguments, as if I can finally have some kind of power against the unstoppable wall that is my Dad.

But that's me.

As to your other question, I like warm showers when it's cold, and cold showers when it's hot.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.