New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

Mistlands
    "We will stand united. Know that thy son's loyalty to you will never falter."
    Aquaeris gently brought Ombra to Kiloasa.

Inquisitorial Tower
    Her will was crushed by the force of the power of the Geas.
    "I submit," she whispered, dazed.

Ericaltovilla:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not going to godmod you letting her out, but you can act her out in your wrap-up of the storyline.

Tower of the Trade City
    A Klikit scientist excitedly forced water through a pipe into an arm. It moved, limiting a heavy rock with ease.
    He set down the pipe. "Yes! I have discovered a way of using water's power! I shall call it hydraulics!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Concept: Flowing Water and Hydraulics
    The Klikit are the first to discover a way of making water flow any way they want and harnessing its power for machines.
    AP: 3-1: 2 AP.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Mistlands
    "We will stand united. Know that thy son's loyalty to you will never falter."
    Aquaeris gently brought Ombra to Kiloasa.
    Kiloasa set about administering his medicine to the god of shadows. His knowledge of medicine was still less than that of the Belsherai, but these plants were specially made to achieve the results that Kiloasa sought. They would ease Ombra's pain and help hold his form together. They had even been imbued with a minor bioluminescense to keep the shadow tumors in check.

Tell me, Ombra... how do you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Inquisitorial Tower
    Her will was crushed by the force of the power of the Geas.
    "I submit," she whispered, dazed.
    The screams of the faithful could be heard throughout the Capitol of the Lokab Empire. The fires burned brightly that night as the last goblins who believed in the grace of the gods were sacrificed to their lords and masters.

Although it was High Inquisitor Grebolts most incredible achievement yet, he was not present to witness his achievements. Instead he walked slowly and deliberately in a circle around the city, chanting strange words to himself. Behind him a trail of teal fire smoked in the night. There was no questioning the power of an Archlich.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll reveal what Grebolt was doing post-timeskip. Its gonna be fun

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Kiloasa set about administering his medicine to the god of shadows. His knowledge of medicine was still less than that of the Belsherai, but these plants were specially made to achieve the results that Kiloasa sought. They would ease Ombra's pain and help hold his form together. They had even been imbued with a minor bioluminescense to keep the shadow tumors in check.

Tell me, Ombra... how do you feel?
    Ombra considered the question for a few moments. ...Bad. He said truthfully. But not as bad as I did five minutes ago... thanks. He tried to pull himself off the ground again but didn't succeed in much more than lifting up his head. ...What happens now?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ombra considered the question for a few moments. ...Bad. He said truthfully. But not as bad as I did five minutes ago... thanks. He tried to pull himself off the ground again but didn't succeed in much more than lifting up his head. ...What happens now?
    I do not know. With luck, the information I gave to Isanloff has enabled Merolle to create a cure but I do not trust the machine lord to act in the best intrests of anyone but himself. If there is no cure forthcoming, then it may be wise to put some affairs in order so that your peoples do not suffer overmuch should the worst happen. Here, drink this. It's distilled Stillweed tea, another concotion I have been working on in my time here. It should give you enough energy to visit the mortal plane and speak with your creations.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

I do not know. With luck, the information I gave to Isanloff has enabled Merolle to create a cure but I do not trust the machine lord to act in the best intrests of anyone but himself. If there is no cure forthcoming, then it may be wise to put some affairs in order so that your peoples do not suffer overmuch should the worst happen. Here, drink this. It's distilled Stillweed tea, another concotion I have been working on in my time here. It should give you enough energy to visit the mortal plane and speak with your creations.
    [Ombra]

Ombra didn't waste time and energy on another thank-you - he quickly downed the tea and left for the mortal plane. Sending a shard might have weakened him further, he couldn't take that risk.

((Leaving for work - will do the stuff from OOC when i get home))

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "Creating new titles for me is an enjoyable exercise to a number of my brass gnomes. They hold an annual competition to provide me with a new title, in fact. It is quite amusing."

"My purviews are technology, architecture, artifice, craftsmanship in all of its forms. But also corrosion, decay, alchemy. Dominion, strength, right, tyranny, some would say. And wisdom, logic, a form of knowledge, indeed. I am the fourth of the gods, hand-crafted by the creator himself at the dawn of this existance."

"How about you, young one."

Elsehwere in Geasa, Merolle hums a musical tune to Gwyn, Belsheroth and Isanloff while they wait for the cure to be done.
    Geasa - Lilli and Merolle.

"Ah.. I.." The young goddess stumbles over her words, before shaking her head, clearing her mind and restarting. "I don't know. I mean, I'm vaugly aware of some things, I must have some from someone." She pauses, with an expression Merolle will easily recognize as being calculating and contemplative despite a lack of form below the hood, before continuing. "I am just unsure who or what. I was looking for clues when I became ill."

She pauses, before shaking her head to clear it and looks back up at Merolle. "While we are being open, I am the Lady of Bloodied Secrets, chiefly for matters concerning secrecy and hidden knowledge, while also being of the simple act of mortals killing another."

Spoiler
    Show
    I realize I've not properly described her. In this form:
    She's currently a concealed humanoid figure underneath a dark blue interspersed with a dark purple robe, well hooded to conceal everything underneath. The only real presence of any form of humanoid figure is that of sleeves to the robe, of which a pair of black gloves appear, and heavy boots which seem to make no sound.

Also I'm aware she's not totally right, And in fact of slaughter which is subtly different to mortals killing each other.
    Last edited by Exachix; 2012-06-21 at 04:16 PM.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1177

Deep Rift
    At the magma-filled, oozing dark heart of the earth, horror joined horror to build a monstrous city...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Nation: Tsath'yo
    A horrible, non-Euclidean city where most Deepspawn live.
    AP: 3-2= 1 AP.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

Merolle makes a peculiar bell sound to Belsheroth, Isanloff, Gwyn and Lili.

"The cure for the divine plague has been completed. Treatment, however, requires extensive recovery time in absolute rest while undergoing therapy. Appropriate facilities have been established on the first ring of Geasa."

"Belsheroth, would you mind informind Kiloasa and his of the development. I am afraid that he has requested that I do not return to his Mistlands. Isanloff, Gwyn, find the others, if you can."

Out of the blue, Lili is also near the three other deities with Merolle, because he is a shifty little world. One can wonder who was moved towards the rest. Possibly everyone, given that the background structures have changed considerably.

"This is the facility, bring them here."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1179

Geasa

"The cure for the divine plague has been completed. Treatment, however, requires extensive recovery time in absolute rest while undergoing therapy. Appropriate facilities have been established on the first ring of Geasa."

"Belsheroth, would you mind informind Kiloasa and his of the development. I am afraid that he has requested that I do not return to his Mistlands. Isanloff, Gwyn, find the others, if you can."

Out of the blue, Lili is also near the three other deities with Merolle, because he is a shifty little world. One can wonder who was moved towards the rest. Possibly everyone, given that the background structures have changed considerably.

Gwyn nodded, ignoring the younger goddess for the moment, something felt very wrong about her, "I will speak to Reisen, Uncle Carcino,... and Alyveran." She spoke the last name with a little more spite than was usual. With that she disappeared from the rings and seperated into three parts. One of them departed for Hell to speak Alyveran. Another came to Carcino's realm between the dreaming and the Prime Material. The last spoke a secret.

All gave the same message, "Merolle has found a cure for the disease that infects us. If you are able, return to the first ring of Geasea for treatment. If you are not able to travel on your own, I am prepared to provide whatever assistance I can."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

"I ask for you in Lystelle's name."

Gwyn felt a shudder and suddenly she was falling faster than light could anticipate. When it ended the butterflies were glaring at her. "You do know how dangerous it is to take the express route into the labyrinth don't you? In your condition you could have been trapped here permanently with me."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-06-22 at 07:38 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

Belsheroth threw the diamond crown in his hands to the floor, where it shattered into countless pieces.
    I shall inform Kiloasa.
    But I have one question... How long will we sleep for? I cannot abandon the mortal world for more than a few months at this stage...

He separated a fragment of his essence and sent it to the Mistlands.

The Mistlands

Kiloasa! I bring news. Merolle has found a cure for our illness and requests that everyone travel at once to Geasa for treatment. Could you please inform your children?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

"I estimate three thousand years of recovery time. I will have to remain vigilant of your progress for the duration, but if you want to, I could take care of anything you want taken care of."
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-06-22 at 09:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #1183

Mistlands
    Aquaeris nods, and, waiting for his father to go first, follows Belsheroth.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I don't get a chance to post again, just assume I accept the cure.
    AP: 1+4= 5
    (Saturday's tomorrow, but I might not get to post then)

Goblin Lands
    A form of Aquaeris gently settles down on the surface of the earth, where the shell-shocked goblin maiden was just forced to betray her kind.
    He just looks into her eyes, in understanding and compassion, as his eyes glow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Race: Teardrops of Aquaeris
    Wronged souls rise to the heaven of Aquaeris, who makes them unaging and gives them a life of compassion in the Sunken Places.
    AP: 5-1=4
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-06-22 at 08:04 PM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Belsheroth threw the diamond crown in his hands to the floor, where it shattered into countless pieces.
    I shall inform Kiloasa.
    But I have one question... How long will we sleep for? I cannot abandon the mortal world for more than a few months at this stage...

He separated a fragment of his essence and sent it to the Mistlands.

The Mistlands

Kiloasa! I bring news. Merolle has found a cure for our illness and requests that everyone travel at once to Geasa for treatment. Could you please inform your children?
    The Green Maker smiled at the arrival of Belsheroth.That is wonderful news! What effects will the cure have? I have much that needs doing, and many things that cannot wait.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground

"I estimate one thousand years of recovery time. I will have to remain vigilant of your progress for the duration, but if you want to, I could take care of anything you want taken care of."
    I shall do so myself, Brother. It shall not take long.
    It is unfortunate, perhaps, that we did not have time to discuss architecture.

Belsheroth looked down at the fragments diamonds covering the floor.
    I apologise about that. The Gnomes can use them for cutting.

The Capital

Belsheroth looked out across the battlefield and announce in a voice audible to all:
    Ulstwyn. Is dead. And by his death, he promised that this war would end. And by the heavens, it shall!
    On a high outcropping adjacent to the Capital, a shining orb of light appeared, almost the size of a small town. The light shrunk, and gradually took form as a large building of white marble, gleaming in the one sunbeam that made it through the clouds. At once, bells began to ring, and the fighting stopped.
    You all are free to perform whatever rites you need to for your dead before returning to your homes. But note, if you ever seek to make war against those under my protection again...
    Now go. Godspeed and may you always know kindness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 7 + 2 PAP
    Create Relic: 4 AP
    The Guardian Temple
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possibly the largest and tallest building ever constructed. The temple stands at the edge of the Capital and soars to a height of fifteen stories, more so if you count the towers, spires and domes that surmount the structure.
    The temple is constructed of pure white marble, it's domes and spires covered with gold, silver and copper imbued to never be tarnished by the passage of time.
    Dozens of stained glass windows allow light into the interior and the gates of the temple are constructed of bronze.
    All over the exterior and all throughout the interior, numerous carvings, statues, mosaics and wall paintings detail the history of creation, but no reference to Hallorn can be found anywhere within the temple. Behind the high altar, banners hang to represent all the Gods.
    In one of the many large chapels of the temple, a large clock that indicates the passage of time and the movements of the heavens can be found. The temple is also equipped with an extensive library, a set of nine bells in one of the higher temples and four levels of crypts and vaults below.
    The gardens of the temple are extensive and include a Singing Tree transplanted from the Forests of Starlight. It can not set fruit on the Mortal Plane as the tree is sterile. But its leaves make a nice tea. (Note: It doesn't actually sing, it's just called that because its flowers attract the native birds of the Forests and they do a lot of singing when they're high on nectar)

The Guardian Temple is not prey to the ravages of time and will stand for eternity.
    All land within reach of the sound of the temple bells are affected by a permanent Bless which prevents war from taking place there.
    All those within are protected from the elements.

Bless: All on the field are healed and the fires extinguished. No pestilence results from the war either. 1AP

Bless: Where the blood of Belsheroth strikes the ground, purple flowers grow, Where the blood of the fallen strikes the ground, red flowers grow and where the blood of Ulstwyn strikes the ground, white flowers grow.
    The flowers are respectively called: Reaper's Blood, Remembrance and Hero's Requiem. They are quite beautiful, and when prepared together make a powerful healing salve. 1AP

Remaining AP: 3

The Green Maker smiled at the arrival of Belsheroth.That is wonderful news! What effects will the cure have? I have much that needs doing, and many things that cannot wait.
    He says that the cure will take at least a millennium and that during this time, we will all be required to sleep while Merolle watches over us.
    Do not worry, I will have the Belsherai watch us also.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-06-22 at 08:02 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

He says that the cure will take at least a millennium and that during this time, we will all be required to sleep while Merolle watches over us.
    Do not worry, I will have the Belsherai watch us also.
    A millenium? One thousand years I and my kin will have to sleep, while a god who has proven himself my enemy has free reign to act as he pleases? You may believe Merolle acts on your behalf, but I do not trust him. What proof have I that he will not simply allow us to die? And mighty as your Belsherai are, they would be no match for Merolle's combined forces, should he choose to amass them. I cannot rely on your word alone that no harm will come to me, my kin or my allies. I will need better assurances.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

A millenium? One thousand years I and my kin will have to sleep, while a god who has proven himself my enemy has free reign to act as he pleases? You may believe Merolle acts on your behalf, but I do not trust him. What proof have I that he will not simply allow us to die? And mighty as your Belsherai are, they would be no match for Merolle's combined forces, should he choose to amass them. I cannot rely on your word alone that no harm will come to me, my kin or my allies. I will need better assurances.
    Belsheroth sighed. The humid nature of the Mistlands was making his joints ache, and he felt slightly irritable.
    I swear to you, by the Sacred Name of my Progenitor and on the Blood of my Heart, that my Brother will not act on the Mortal World while we sleep.
    He reached into a pocket and took out a jagged shard of diamond which he used to cut his arm, staining the diamond red.
    Deal?

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Belsheroth sighed. The humid nature of the Mistlands was making his joints ache, and he felt slightly irritable.
    I swear to you, by the Sacred Name of my Progenitor and on the Blood of my Heart, that my Brother will not act on the Mortal World while we sleep.
    He reached into a pocket and took out a jagged shard of diamond which he used to cut his arm, staining the diamond red.
    Deal?
    Kiloasa sliced his own arm, his treesap blood mixing on the diamond. By the name of the Sacred Creator, our deal is struck. I will carry Aor to Geasa, come along Aqaeris. The Treefather picked up his daughter and stepped through a portal to Geasa, his son in tow.

19. - Top - End - #1189

The Labryinth

Gwyn coughed, "Apologies Uncle, but I needed to come here as quickly as possible." She looked over the fool in his form of countless butterflies, "Are you able to travel to Geasea?"

Inside the Capital

"Well that was cool." Storn whispered. Sarah came over to the other two in a daze, "What do we do now?" Bjor shrugged unsuprised to find her here, "We rebuild," he looked to Ulstwyn's bodyguards and spoke to them in Ice-kin. "Take your lord," He stooped and put a white flower on Ulstwyn's chest, "I'll see you in the next life Ulstwyn. Be honored for you alone have wounded death." He walked away and into the citadel with Sarah and Storn in tow, "What now?" "A thousand knights weren't enough today, we needed a lot more. I'm going to request permission to expand the order." "And then?" "We get to work." Priscilla's order finally came into sight of the square and Bjor waved to them, "It's all we can do."

Battle near the north wall

When the fighting had stopped, finally stopped. The knights searched diligently for the one who had led them into battle, the one who held the drown sword. When they found him he was next to the body of a warg, the drown sword buried into its stomach. When they retrieved him from under the beast, they found they did not know him. His face was that of a young man who never took the oathes. For thousands of years they would speculate as to his identity. But afterwards the established the Order of the Nameless Knight, the highest honor a knight could attain.

And Edgard claimed the sword and was reunited with his daughter. They had come out of the worst battle in history and they had won! Edgard passed on the drownsword almost immediately and retired. His daughter taking it up and her descendants became one of the cornerstones of the order. Some even serving as Captain.

Bjor's actions after the battle are for others to judge. But he was often known to depart the city for months at a time, harrowing whatever foes he could find and returning with treasure and tales of feats that none of the order could equal. On one occassion he returned with a child that shared his eyes but he would not speak of the mother. When he grew old he went on one final journey and never returned and the speculation of his death is as wild as the legends of his life. In some he died fighting Hallorn the first giant. In another he simply left the world his honor and glory enough to be inducted into the Belsherai, but none know the truth. His daughter grew strong in her time, and though her name is lost to the veil of time, her deeds endure as the third Captain of the Order and the one who conquered south for the kingdom. Priscilla was a knight to the day she died, she took her own life after a particularly vicious werewolf bit her, she would not endanger innocents, she would not break the oath. James joined the clergy immediately after the battle, hanging up his sword. Sarah and Storn found peace with eachother they eventually married, but all that is known of their offspring is that they were never knights.

And thus is the fate of the Knights as recorded by the Chronicler Sophia, who saw the gods return.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sophia will be important after the time skip
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiloasa sliced his own arm, his treesap blood mixing on the diamond. By the name of the Sacred Creator, our deal is struck. I will carry Aor to Geasa, come along Aqaeris. The Treefather picked up his daughter and stepped through a portal to Geasa, his son in tow.
    Excellent.
    The wound on Belsheroth's arm closed, leaving only a faint scar. He passed the diamond the Hazael.
    Look after this. I will be gone for a long time, so it is up to you and the others to carry on my work. Should Mortalkind call for your aid, you know what to do. Leave military matters to Itan.
    Should Ilarfia be cured, return her to the Capital. If not, it may be necessary to keep her in the Forests until her death.

Of course. I will spread your word to the others.
    He stepped through the portal after them, leaving Hazael alone in the Mistlands.

Geasa

You'd better not mess this up Brother. If you do, I'm going after your liver. If you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Inside the Capital

"Well that was cool." Storn whispered. Sarah came over to the other two in a daze, "What do we do now?" Bjor shrugged unsuprised to find her here, "We rebuild," he looked to Ulstwyn's bodyguards and spoke to them in Ice-kin. "Take your lord," He stooped and put a white flower on Ulstwyn's chest, "I'll see you in the next life Ulstwyn. Be honored for you alone have wounded death." He walked away and into the citadel with Sarah and Storn in tow, "What now?" "A thousand knights weren't enough today, we needed a lot more. I'm going to request permission to expand the order." "And then?" "We get to work." Priscilla's order finally came into sight of the square and Bjor waved to them, "It's all we can do."
    Belsheroth spoke in Ice Kin to the soul of Ulstwyn.
    Do not fear Hell, noble warrior. For the Forests are your destination. It is my penance for ending your life. Know that you have wounded death, and in so doing created new life. None shall forget you.
    One of the windows of the Temple shifted form from its original geometric design. Now it chronicled the life of Ulstwyn as a mortal hero unsurpassed.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-06-22 at 09:05 PM.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Shadow Key

Ombra returned to Shadow key and almost immediately sought out the Writer, the Shadow who had chosen to bring down tyranny through the truth of the written word. Ombra knew her writings would be believed down through the ages. Faith was a powerful thing...

He found the Bartender attempting to flirt with her.

'Attempting' being the key word.

We must be on Geasa, cuz your tail is out of this world! He slurred, evidently drunk off of his ass.

Ombra winced as the Bartender crashed into a nearby tree, courtesy of the Writer's tail.

Imbecile. She muttered before turning to see Ombra. She stared for a few moments before opening her mouth to yell out.

No time, Writer. Listen, I need to take you up on your offer for a holy book...

[The Doctor]

The Doctor slowly swam back into consciousness, groaning at the feeling of a massive headache. He opened his eyes to find himself in a room with a wooden floor. He saw a large window to his right, and a door at the other end of the room.

He pulled himself up into his natural form, a draconic head on a serpentine body. Three figures stood before him in white robes, between him and the door. They appeared human, but as he watched, their skin slowly turned dark, and as he saw their hawk eyes, he knew they would soon turn darker than the blackest void.

He blinked. ...Hello. He greeted.

They said nothing.

...Last thing I remember is... fighting in the democracy...Did we win?

Still they said nothing.

The Doctor tried to move closer, but found he could not move his body. He frowned. ... Blur?

Ombra kills.

The Doctor was quiet for a time. What?

The one who had spoken stepped closer. He kills. Lies. Slaughters thousands. All in the name of a grand utopia of total anarchy, where only the strong survive, a world where the strong take what they want from everyone weaker.

The Doctor's eyes widened with realization at what they were saying. That's not true, he-

-is evil and you cannot convince us otherwise. The middle blur said coldly. She advanced. The Blur were his spies, his slaves, and he allowed us nothing more than the damning silence we shall walk within for the rest of eternity. But now, we have hope to escape this life. With the sickness brought upon the gods, we no longer have to be afraid, Doctor. Join us.

Where the hell is all of this coming from?! The Doctor yelled. You served him willingly, loyally! You-

-could not have raised protest even if we wanted to. We did, and you all forgot, as Ombra planned. She replied, spitting on him. If Ombra wants a world where the strong rule, we shall give it to him. She grinned and held out her palm. If you will not aid us, Shadow, you will die.

Concussive force slammed into the Doctor's head, splitting it apart like a watermelon. The Doctor screeched with the pain, and a massive wave of frost covered the room. The Blur froze into statues of ice, and The doctor slumped to the floor. He shivered and crawled for the door...

He groaned as he felt his head swimming. Shadows could heal cuts easily, but bludgeoning one led to more permanent damage, and his head was cracked wide open. If there had been anyone around to see and if his biology worked like that, they might've seen his brain. He wheezed as he fell over.

He shot back up as he heard ice shatter, and whirled around to see one of the blur (still turning dark) lash out with a hand at him again. This time he was ready, however, and brought up a shield of ice. As it broke, he charged forward and slammed into the Blur, knocking her our of the building through the window.

Both died when they hit the street below. The Doctor's eyes fell shut, and his body dissipated, as all Shadows do.

[Shadow Key]

-And I need you to ask the Doctor to keep the original safe, is that clear? Ombra finished.

The Writer nodded.

Good. He turned. Creator knows the Doctor can be trusted. And tell him that if he ever dies, he-

Ombra's eyes flashed and he turned to see a Shadow forming from the darkness of Shadow key. He blinked and grinned. Never mind, he'll figure it out.

The Doctor reformed on Shadow Key just as Ombra left it.

The Writer moved forward. Doctor?

The Doctor's eyes shot open. The Democracy!! He rose up from the ground. What happened in the Democracy?!

The Wacther blinked, then shook her head. You're the one who went...

... I did? He asked, bewildered. Last thing I remember is walking out of the jungle... and... He frowned, looking at the ground. I was sure there was something important to tell you.

The Writer slapped his face. Stop that. Ombra has a message for you...

[Geasa]

Ombra stepped out of the shadows of the room, not quite as puddly as before, but still very short and slow. How long will we be out?

Spoiler
    Show
    The rules, as i see them, say a Hero can't be removed from play unless the controlling player wants him gone. I don't want him gone and figured it was okay to give a canonical reason the Doctor just won't die - when a Shadow dies, a new one forms on Shadow key in the jungle. In the Doctor's case, the Shadow that forms from his corpse has his memories, minus any he gained when he left the island.

Ombra's having the Writer and the Doctor compile a codex of his ideals, and distribute it to the Shadows, with a prophecy that one day he will return to lead them personally again. He's also giving the Doctor a copy of the original, so that if it is changed by an over-ambitious someone, the Doctor can fix it.

The Blur, on the other hand, are rebelling and it'll only be a matter of time before the Shadows learn...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-06-22 at 09:18 PM.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

Merolle extrudes a faceless eye to adress Ombra.

"Thirty hundred winters shall you sleep under my watch. And you shall be healed then."

Belsheroth, in turn, gets quite a blunt answer.

"Your threat is senseless, brother. Should I fail, you will die, and thus will not be able to hunt nor remove the physical constructs that I employ to evaluate the effectiveness of internal organs."

Merolle's appendix is a long and sinuous construct of gold and aluminium that he has deemed unworthy the effort to even bother removing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thirty hundred winters shall you sleep under my watch. And you shall be healed then."

"Your threat is senseless, brother. Should I fail, you will die, and thus will not be able to hunt nor remove the physical constructs that I employ to evaluate the effectiveness of internal organs."

Merolle's appendix is a long and sinuous construct of gold and aluminium that he has deemed unworthy the effort to even bother removing.
    Then you'd better not fail, or the Belsherai have my permission to crash the First Ring of Geasa into Ashkharh.
    Not they'd ever do such a thing, because I trust you to look after me Brother.

He sent a telepathic message to Merolle, so that no one else could hear it.
    But others, not so much. I had to swear on my Blood and the Name of our Progenitor that you would not act on the Mortal World to get them to go along with this.

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Ombra stared at him. ... Couldn't you have just said 3000 years? He looked to the others. Let's hurry up. The sooner we can get healed, the sooner we can return to our mortals.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

Merolle's psychic response to Belsheroth is an incomprehensible screech of thousands of voices hollering in unisson about the most disparate subjects. The whole sonic debacle comes out as nothing more than a variable, acute tune of deafening volume interspersed by a similarly loud but not quite as irritating grave bellow.

"As I have come to understand, these flesh-things you and the others have created are prone to taking the demonstrated behaviour with poor emotional responses."

"It is only providence that I find it within my logical parameters to ignore such behaviour, or I would have just flipped all of you a finger long ago and watched you all die. Slowly. In weakness and agony. Without dignity. Without having to lift a single finger or waste one second of my time with you. Much less three thousand years."

Merolle is a master of many crafts. Craft (A point) is but a facet of his masterful skill and designing literature.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

Merolle's psychic response to Belsheroth is an incomprehensible screech of thousands of voices hollering in unisson about the most disparate subjects. The whole sonic debacle comes out as nothing more than a variable, acute tune of deafening volume interspersed by a similarly loud but not quite as irritating grave bellow.

"As I have come to understand, these flesh-things you and the others have created are prone to taking the demonstrated behaviour with poor emotional responses."

"It is only providence that I find it within my logical parameters to ignore such behaviour, or I would have just flipped all of you a finger long ago and watched you all die. Slowly. In weakness and agony. Without dignity. Without having to lift a single finger or waste one second of my time with you. Much less three thousand years."

Merolle is a master of many crafts. Craft (A point) is but a facet of his masterful skill and designing literature.
    I am sorry if I have insulted you. But you know how unreasonable some of our kin can be.
    Belsheroth felt himself becoming very tired.
    In truth, I find myself lacking in reason. I am so tired and it is so cold here... And so bright...
    I am ready Brother.

Now that there is nothing to concern him, Belsheroth stops fighting his symptoms.

The Capital

Those who remained on the field of battle, made their way to the Palace to find shelter. Most of the city had been destroyed, and the population that had not fled had been decimated. There were many hard Winters ahead, but the power of the Clerics and the strength of the Knights would guide the people toward prosperity. Hopefully...
    Belsheroth called a Council of his clerics, the leadership of the Knights and what remained of the City's government.
    Now that the War has ended, we must turn to matters of peace. The times ahead will be hard, but my Temple will protect you from war provided the bells are rung on the hour, every hour.
    As for matters of governance, I propose a new Council. Seven priests, seven citizens, a Knight of the Order of the Spear headed by the High Ecclesiarch.
    Maela, as High Ecclesiarch, I will leave the decision as to who to place on the Council up to you.
    Now, I regret to inform you that I will be absent for a very long time. But do not fear, the Belsherai will watch over you and come to your aid should you need it.
    Farewell. May you always know kindness.

With this, Belsheroth and the Army of Heaven departed. But he left behind his broken scythe and the sound of his voice.

The Council remained strong under Maela's leadership and the city was rebuilt in a few short years. Maela and Jeremiah married after a long romance, but had no children. They were entombed together in the crypts beneath the Temple. The mantle of leadership fell to another as determined by the Herald of Belsheroth. And in this matter, the title of High Ecclesiarch was passed down through the Ages.
    Zerak trained James in the healing arts like he promised, and when there was a Cleric skilled enough to take Zerak's place on the Council, they left for lands uncharted, never to return. It is rumoured that they encountered a kind and noble people called the Elthiens and taught them of Belsheroth and the other Gods.
    Belsheroth never did get Itan that drink, but Israfil made up for it with some ale smuggled from a storehouse somewhere on the Mortal Plane. He claimed he "found" it, but we all know better.
    Ulstwyn's soul was allowed into the Forests where he reunited with past loved ones.

((I think that's all the loose ends tied up))

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 3
    Gain Domain: Protection (Healing) 3 AP
    -Create organisation: Church of Belsheroth
    -Create fabled concept: Divine Magic
    -Create concept: Belsherai Medicine
    -Create organisation: Army of Heaven
    -Create fabled life: Belsherai
    -And so forth.
    Remaining AP: 0
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-06-23 at 01:15 AM.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Mortal Plane

Through the shards of his essence that each Woden and each Wildling possessed, The Arch-Druid spoke to his flock.

For the next 3000 years you must act solely as my will upon the Mortal World. Guard it and its nature well, for I shall be unable to act. Record the events of the world upon my stone and upon my return I shall read them and know what has transpired. The wild places of the world are yours to guard and protect. When I return it will be in glory, and a new age for you, my faithful, will be brought about.

The words were spoken, and the words were understood.

Geasa

Kiloasa's expression was difficult to read as he witnessed the exchange between Belsheroth and Merolle. However his words offered clearer insight.

Lord Belsheroth has sworn that no harm will come to me, my kith or my kin while we are under the care of your cure for these three millenia. I know him to be honorable in his dealings, and I trust his judgement. I would expect you to uphold his promise, though I still possess reservations. My sons and daughter must be saved. And so I commit myself and my kin to your care, Merolle. I hope you understand how difficult it is for me.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

Merolle turns his eye upside down at Kiloasa's words.

"It is well within the parameters of my understanding how lack of trust can have negative effects on interpersonal dealings. It is not to my understanding how I have ever shown myself unfit of trust."

"You are safe within my care, nephew, as are your kin, for you are my kin as much as my brothers and sisters, extant and derparted."

Merolle brings up a floating, green hospital bed for Belsheroth... And for everyone as well, truth be said.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

Ombra

Ombra eyed the bed with distaste before slipping into it. He sighed and looked up at the ceiling. ...Guess we'll see each other again in 3000 years. He muttered before glancing at Merolle. If I die, do me a favor and tell the shadow known as the Doctor, he'll know what to do. He blinked, exhaustion beginning to show on his face. Maybe 3000 years'll... harden him up...

Oh, and I might punch something when I first wake up. He added as an afterthought. He yawned as his eyes started to fall shut. My mind tends... to be... a little...

He fell asleep with a smile, invisible within the darkness of his cloak.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kiloasa placed Aqaeris in one of the beds and his daughter in the other before climbing into his own. The Treefather crossed his arms and closed his eyes, to sleep for three thousand years.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Brynn: I apologize for godmodding Aor, but you haven't replied in a while and I want to get the timeskip moving. Very Sorry!