New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Derp on the games part I'd bet. If it was intentional you'd probably be given a few hints about it. Still, sweet glitch in its own way.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    So if Ray and Greg left to form another company, where would your allegiance lie?
    "Allegiance?" I wasn't aware I had such a thing when it comes to video games. If both Bioware and the (apparently strictly hypothetical) new company made good games that I liked, I'd happily play both. If I didn't like one or the other, I wouldn't play those games. Simple as that.

Anyway though, don't expect me to be posting about playing this for a good while after tonight. Persona 4 Arena will be consuming my free time starting tomorrow morning, and if my record with other fighting games is any indication, it'll probably be doing so for at least a month. Possibly more - those other fighting games haven't been based on my favorite game ever.

I may get some last games in tonight before bed though.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-08-07 at 12:08 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Bah, the RNG hates me.

I've opened at least 1 PSP everyday since Earth DLC came out and in that entire time I have not received a single UR.

By the time I get the Typhoon it will no doubt have been nerfed even further.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Bah, the RNG hates me.

I've opened at least 1 PSP everyday since Earth DLC came out and in that entire time I have not received a single UR.

By the time I get the Typhoon it will no doubt have been nerfed even further.
    Know that feel. I've opened at least two every day - usually five, but it's been a bad 48 hours - and I'm still trying to get a shadow, slayer or paladin. Or Phoenix adept or geth infiltrator for that matter!

On the plus side, I've found out something fabulous. With a piranha and a Salarian infiltrator, only my own stupidity can kill me. I could take three level 1s into gold and so long as they picked each other up we'd be okay. The only downside is I make it look so easy that the weaker players also try to poke a pyro in the eyes with their gun barrels... Without cloaking as a class feature.

Bravest Destroyer ever though, I tell you what.

-

New gear? New gear.
    Got my tech damage + recharge up to 5%, and another warfighter package or two. Except I don't care. Rargh! Gimme a new class! *punches the RNG*

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Spamalot in the Playground

Whereas I have yet to get a single medigel capacity upgrade. Though I've gotten THREE of the ammo pack ones.

I really, really don't want to go into Gold full-time with only 2 per match.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Know that feel. I've opened at least two every day - usually five, but it's been a bad 48 hours - and I'm still trying to get a shadow, slayer or paladin. Or Phoenix adept or geth infiltrator for that matter!
    Yeah, I feel much the same. 1-2 Premium packs per day on average since the Earth DLC, no Fury, Paladin, or Shadow, and still no Geth Engineer. It did see fit to give me both Vorcha though .

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Whereas I have yet to get a single medigel capacity upgrade. Though I've gotten THREE of the ammo pack ones.

I really, really don't want to go into Gold full-time with only 2 per match.
    Don't kill me, but I got all 5 of the capacity upgrades >.> <.< Although, the ammo pack ones came first XD

I may ultimately fail at playing my class to competency but when I can medigel, rocket, and then get up the rest of my team, I AM CREDIT TO TEAM.

I am totally in love with the Demolisher in Gold. Nothing's quite like tossing out a ton of grenades very quickly; spam Arc Grenades, fire off a Homing Grenade, and watch the explosions. Though if I get flanked and a Marauder sneezes on me, I'm toast.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-08-07 at 11:40 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

See, this is why I never mention my frustrations with PSPs denying me Ultra-Rares, because I fear me mentioning that I have maxed out my Uncommons and Rares (aside from the Gears) will get me lynched.

You think it's bad getting two guns you'll never use in a PSP?

How about it you got two level four ammos of a type you never used instead (Cryo Ammo, I'm looking at you)?

9. - Top - End - #1089

So I soloed Silver with my Shadow last night, Firebase Ghost Cerberus. (Ghost is the Benning mission one with all cinderblocks and empty houses everywhere.)

...Well, I almost did - lack of sleep led to a Wave 10 loss (disable the target missions with 4 Atlases runnning around = not fun, and I didn't have the presence of mind to "herd them" properly.) But it's nice to have one class I can almost(!) solo with even when I'm dead tired.

Lessons learned:
    - Shadows can one-hit kill anything on Cerberus except Atlases and Turrets. Turrets can be two-shot by Electric Slashing them through a nearby wall first. Atlases take.... bloody forever, though that's standard for non-biotic classes I guess.

- As a result, Shadows are ridiculously good against Phantoms, even better than Asari Adepts. But you absolutely have to make sure they're not facing you - if they see you teleport, you will eat a crapton of damage. Phantoms don't get stealthy until you drop their shields, which means you see them coming, which means it's already too late for them. (And they're easy to pick out of a crowd thanks to their neon-purple barrier indicator.) On waves with Phantoms, I would typically run around cloaked until I had located one, pick it off, escape the ensuing row, and repeat until they were all gone.

- Electric Slash is definitely a keeper. Massive damage, stuns almost everything, huge radius, tech bursts with your shadow strike electric evo, and best of all it goes through walls. It will tear a wide swath through mooks, including Centurions/Marauders/Rocket Troopers - and I don't have a single point in the power damage passive. This thing is definitely getting nerfed at some point.

- Atlases are a pain in the ass for Shadows. Aside from the heavy barriers, armor, and potential insta-kill (though I'll admit I haven't been hit by this on any character yet), the homing rocket has an interesting glitch with Shadow Strike where it will reverse course in mid-air after you teleport, and smack you in the face. When the Atlas takes its rocket stance, stay in cover and wait for the rocket to detonate before warping over. So if you're going to solo Silver (or higher) I recommend you use a medium or smaller map. There are less places to hide, but a bigger chance that the Atlases will bunch up on later waves, saving you rockets.

So all in all, this class is my new favorite. Topping meters, grabbing objectives, reviving the entire squad single-handedly - Shadows can do it all, and make it look easy.

Build: 6/6/6/0/6
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-08-07 at 02:45 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #1090

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    See, this is why I never mention my frustrations with PSPs denying me Ultra-Rares, because I fear me mentioning that I have maxed out my Uncommons and Rares (aside from the Gears) will get me lynched.

You think it's bad getting two guns you'll never use in a PSP?

How about it you got two level four ammos of a type you never used instead (Cryo Ammo, I'm looking at you)?
    Agreed. I still have six classes yet to unlock, but the game seems pretty insistent on giving me Rare ammo drops and appearance for classes I already have. It's really frustrating.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Blinky View Post
    Agreed. I still have six classes yet to unlock, but the game seems pretty insistent on giving me Rare ammo drops and appearance for classes I already have. It's really frustrating.
    See, I wouldn't mind so much if it was AP ammo all the time, since I use that on, let's count...

1. Default Human Soldiers,
    2. Krogan Soldier,
    3. Batarian Soldier,
    4. Vorcha Soldier,
    5. Destroyer,
    6. Krogan Sentinel,
    7. Batarian Sentinel,
    8. Vorcha Sentinel,
    9. Paladin,
    10. All Infiltrators apart from the Shadow,
    11. And the Krogan Vanguard.

Due to all of them using the Claymore or Pirahna.

12. - Top - End - #1092

DruidGuy

MP balancing has been delayed.

Here is a preview of some of the changes this week:

Enemy shield regeneration mechanics on Platinum are being tweaked to increase the delay before shields/barriers start regenerating. Once they start regenerating, however, they will regenerate at a faster rate and up to a higher maximum. This is to give slow firing weapons more time to prevent the regeneration.

Piranha damage reduction.

13. - Top - End - #1093

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Piranha damage reduction.
    Gee, who saw that coming?

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

I'm surprised it's happening before a Cerberus Harrier damage nerf. I've seen far more of those being abused and chewing through things like a hot knife through butter than I've seen Pirannahs at all.

Zevox

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Out of curiosity, what DLC pack is the HArrier in? Because that might be the only thing that makes me redownload Rebellion/Resurgence without maxing out my human chars first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what DLC pack is the HArrier in? Because that might be the only thing that makes me redownload Rebellion/Resurgence without maxing out my human chars first.
    I know it wasn't in the first one, but I'm not sure which of the other two it was. I wasn't playing much between when the second one dropped and when Earth hit just recently, so the two kind of blur together for me.

Zevox

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

feh. I'll just keep plugging away until I can promote my human Infiltrator (for those who remember , her armor is completely black and she's named Tex)
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

The second one. Rebellion, I think.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    The second one. Rebellion, I think.
    Thanks. I'll download that one next, once I've maxed out all my common humans. On that note, I received a good omen in that regard: after several unlocked common human cards (I was spamming recruit packs) I received an Asari Vanguard card. I take this as a sign that it's running out of common humans to give me, although that could just be hope springing eternal. Of course, I'm not going to be tempted away from my course just like that. I have yet to find a single geth farming run with people who only have Earth installed, which would put my plans on the fast track, but grinding Bronze (the only place, before you scoff, I've been able to find matches and extract with any degree of reliability) has sufficed for now. I suspect I'll be able to find more matches once I download the remaining DLCs, but I'm not sure that'll happen for a while yet.

EDIT: On that note, I now have 7 common equipments and 4 common chars to grab, and I have officially maxed out my commons.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-08-07 at 10:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks. I'll download that one next, once I've maxed out all my common humans. On that note, I received a good omen in that regard: after several unlocked common human cards (I was spamming recruit packs) I received an Asari Vanguard card. I take this as a sign that it's running out of common humans to give me, although that could just be hope springing eternal.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but it will never stop giving you common Humans. The only classes that currently stop being given once you have all their customization options are the rare ones. The others you'll just keep getting, and the only benefit will be the free xp - unless you have them at level 20, in which case they'll be entirely pointless.

Zevox

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

The Common human character cards never stop dropping. Spamming Recruit Packs until they stop showing up is the best way to spam Recruit Packs forever.

First time I post on here in like a week and I got ninja'd
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-08-07 at 10:46 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    The Common human character cards never stop dropping. Spamming Recruit Packs until they stop showing up is the best way to spam Recruit Packs forever.
    Spamming recruit packs until you max out your common weapons and mods, however, is a good idea, so you may as well keep that up until that point.

Zevox

23. - Top - End - #1103

I'm on a roll! N7 Demolisher and Geth Infiltrator!

...but still no medigel capacity.

I now have all the classes I wanted to try. The Demolisher has serious firepower but I hate having to hug the pylon or run for grenades. The homing grenades are pretty easy for enemies to dodge as well. All in all I have to say that the Shadow and Paladin are still my favorites of the new classes.

I haven't gotten any Vorcha yet, nor the Phoenix Adept, nor the N7 Vanguard. Are those any good?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

I now have all the classes I wanted to try. The Demolisher has serious firepower but I hate having to hug the pylon or run for grenades.
    Actually, if you're not using a weapon load so high that you can barely ever drop the pylon, you can always set a new one and it will automatically drop a grenade (or two, if you took the proper upgrade - and you really should) immediately. Takes a moment, so you do need good cover or a safe area, but it's very useful.

The homing grenades are pretty easy for enemies to dodge as well.
    That is the exact opposite of my experience. From what I've seen, thanks to how slowly they travel, trying to dodge them is useless, as they won't pass the enemy up before they return to their standing, vulnerable state.

I haven't gotten any Vorcha yet, nor the Phoenix Adept, nor the N7 Vanguard. Are those any good?
    Slayer Adept has brutal melee abilities, teleport-dodges, and biotic slash - which is a straight biotic version of the Electric Slash you've seen on the Shadow, so it's just as overpowered as that plus capable of detonating combos if your teammates have one primed. So yeah, it's good.

The Ex-Cerberus Adept is fairly good. Smash is brutal (especially against armored targets if you take the armor damage upgrade at rank 6) but short range, Lash is good once you take the upgrade that lets it affected shielded targets, and singularity... well, it can at least do quick combos on mooks when followed up with Lash. Not one of the best, but Smash is powerful enough that it doesn't come across as lacking, as long as you can manage the short range.

Vorcha I haven't played due to lack of interest.

Zevox

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just got the Male Quarian Infiltrator. Good golly is that thing fun! Especially on bronze! Arc grenading whole groups to death in just a few seconds and mopping up with the Piranha (Bioware, y u nerf the fun guns? ) is just too much fun.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I'm surprised it's happening before a Cerberus Harrier damage nerf. I've seen far more of those being abused and chewing through things like a hot knife through butter than I've seen Pirannahs at all.

Zevox
    Harrier's an Ultrarare though, so it should be good. And have you really not seen that many Piranhas? Because the Platinum matches I play in are about 80-90% Piranhas. That's honestly not an exaggeration; at least three times today I went into Platinum matches and it was the only gun anyone was using, with the sorta' exception of Demolishers or Destroyers who were wielding a Harrier/Typhoon in addition to the Piranha. It's an absolutely degenerate gun.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Harrier's an Ultrarare though, so it should be good. And have you really not seen that many Piranhas? Because the Platinum matches I play in are about 80-90% Piranhas. That's honestly not an exaggeration; at least three times today I went into Platinum matches and it was the only gun anyone was using, with the sorta' exception of Demolishers or Destroyers who were wielding a Harrier/Typhoon in addition to the Piranha. It's an absolutely degenerate gun.
    I don't play on Platinum, I play on Silver, and sometimes (rarely) Gold. And no, I haven't really seen many Piranhas - I recall maybe a couple of Destroyers using one from my games over the last few weeks, but that's it. Harriers though, it seemed like there was one or two in almost every group I had for the last week or so, and the people using them were always on top of the scoreboard. Even at rank 1 they ate through Banshees, Atlases, and Primes faster than any other gun I've ever seen, and the one rank 5 one I saw was even scarier.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-08-08 at 08:44 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108

@Gold/Platinum: I haven't tried the latter yet (too afraid...) but the former - it seems the queues take forever. Maybe it's just the times I play at. I'll give it another go tonight with my Shadow.

Actually, if you're not using a weapon load so high that you can barely ever drop the pylon, you can always set a new one and it will automatically drop a grenade (or two, if you took the proper upgrade - and you really should) immediately. Takes a moment, so you do need good cover or a safe area, but it's very useful.
    My loadout with her was Phaeston X and Widow V. I'm able to drop it fairly often, but I was soloing Silver so the windup time was dangerous. In a group I'm sure this is correct, and I'll have time to re-deploy it.

That is the exact opposite of my experience. From what I've seen, thanks to how slowly they travel, trying to dodge them is useless, as they won't pass the enemy up before they return to their standing, vulnerable state.
    Really? Hmm, maybe I was just too close. I had Trooper packs lol'ing at me constantly, until I switched to Arc Grenade spam. (Who's laughing now!)

Slayer Adept has brutal melee abilities, teleport-dodges, and biotic slash - which is a straight biotic version of the Electric Slash you've seen on the Shadow, so it's just as overpowered as that plus capable of detonating combos if your teammates have one primed. So yeah, it's good.

The Ex-Cerberus Adept is fairly good. Smash is brutal (especially against armored targets if you take the armor damage upgrade at rank 6) but short range, Lash is good once you take the upgrade that lets it affected shielded targets, and singularity... well, it can at least do quick combos on mooks when followed up with Lash. Not one of the best, but Smash is powerful enough that it doesn't come across as lacking, as long as you can manage the short range.

Vorcha I haven't played due to lack of interest.

Zevox
    Hmm... Phoenix sounds like a lot of fun - I didn't know it had an upgrade that targets shields (the Adept's bane.) I'll keep an eye out for them.

Vorcha are fun to be in a game with when they're snarling everywhere. I'm with you though - dunno if I'd want to use one.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

Really? Hmm, maybe I was just too close. I had Trooper packs lol'ing at me constantly, until I switched to Arc Grenade spam. (Who's laughing now!)
    Oh, Arc Grenades are definitely more effective against weaker enemies. I generally only fire Homing Grenades at armored enemies, because on non-armored ones they're either overkill (mooks) or not effective until after their shields have been taken care of (most other enemies). The much larger radius on Arc Grenades makes them the better choice against most groups, too.

It's just that the few times I have used Homing Grenades on smaller targets, I have noticed that attempts to dodge them often fail. Though yeah, being too close to the target might change that.

Zevox

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Banned

EDIT: screw the RNG.
    I've bought five packs. The first two both had Krysae and Reegar upgrades. The last three? Acolyte and piranha (or sometimes piranha and acolyte; to shake things up, you see). The game is seriously going to give me every weapon before I get anything else!

I should be a lot more excited. I am 7 upgrades (six packs) from getting only gear as Ultra Rares forever. But no, I'm not, because I'd really like that new class now please

Doesn't mean I have to like it

I'm on a roll! N7 Demolisher and Geth Infiltrator!

...but still no medigel capacity.

I now have all the classes I wanted to try. The Demolisher has serious firepower but I hate having to hug the pylon or run for grenades. The homing grenades are pretty easy for enemies to dodge as well. All in all I have to say that the Shadow and Paladin are still my favorites of the new classes.

If you want mobility, drop the pylon somewhere between two defensible points, and between two other ammo dumps. You should be able to run back an forth between all three with no issue.

Homing grenades, I have never had one miss not once. They have looked like they miss, but a grenade crashing down within a yard or two still triggers like a direct hit.

Scratch that, I had one miss just recently, a pyro dove ou of the way and the grenade arced off into the sky. They usually fly high, Nd descend at the last minute though. Are you sure it didn't just look like it missed?

Guilty. Demolisher and destroyer with just particle rifle an piranha is my standard load out. It's that good. I have a piranha five, and gold matches are seriously just "cloak, proxy mine, one clip" And everyone dies. Primes, banshees, atlas, everything. If there is a barrier in the way, I will use proxy mine, drop overload and then shoot - the cloak damage boost isn't even that useful on the piranha compared to the proxy mine debuff.

it's also really fun to use the particle rifle because they always rail about how bad a gun it is; and then I win really, really hard. Apparently numerically the Prothean particle rifle is about as strong as an avenger? Like that is a bad thing. And then when it hits full bore... Heh.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-08 at 12:20 PM.