New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

All N7 classes maxed now. Only male quarian infiltrator and phoenix adept left. Still no damn harrier.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

I took a break to do another ME2 playthrough - I wanted a Male Renegade Vanguard - and I can't wait to get back to ME3. You have no idea how much you miss infini-run, dodge-rolling, Nova, and ME3 cooldowns until they're gone

On the other hand though, rolling around with 5 guns, one of them Heavy, is pretty awesome I'd love to whip out the Arc Projector against some Primes in ME3.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I finally started playing the ME3 campaign last night, and while I'm not too far into it (just finished Priority: Palaven), I think I'm ready to give an initial opinion.

On the one hand, the game seems far more polished than ME2. I mean, I know that makes sense, what with it being the sequel, but jumping from ME2 to ME3 really highlighted for me how much better 3's combat it, how much crisper everything seems graphically, how much more natural character movements in conversations look, etc. They also do a far better job with "cinematic" shots, which gives a lot more cool moments to the game, of which I approve. So a lot of great stuff so far.

But on the other hand, it feels like the RPG elements have totally fallen apart, especially after having just played 2. This is most prevalent in conversations, where I'll often get maybe one or two options to press something in a conversation tree, and a lot of the time Shepherd will just keep talking without any input from me. This is...frustrating. Really frustrating. While on the whole these conversations are well handled, it's kind of a let down that I don't feel like I have more choice in a game that is supposed to be all about choice. And when I do get a conversation tree, more often that not it only has two options, as opposed to the three or four you'd get in ME2, and there seems to be less difference. It's been a serious letdown, because as improved as the combat and aesthetics of the game are I feel like I have far, far less say in who Shepherd really is.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

On the other side of that, renegade shep and paragon shep are close enough now, that you can switch between the trees without seeming like Shepard has the most ridiculous mood swings of all time, which in my opinion lent greatly to Shep as a character (because I didn't feel compelled to play it straight.)
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-08-22 at 01:12 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Operation ALLOY (August 24th 11AM MDT – August 26th 5AM MDT)

A training center will only take a recruit so far. Our recruits need field experience, so it’s time to integrate them with seasoned squads during our next series of sweeps.

Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All players awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and an increase to medi-gel capacity
    Psyren should like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Psyren should like this.
    Heck, even I might be tempted to do that, since I've got most of my characters at level 20.

War Assets are linked to individual Sheps, right, not your account as a whole? ('Cos I want when/if I get round to EvilIdiotShep to make sure that is absolutely the minimum!)

Perhaps they're being more realistic with their goals now...?

7. - Top - End - #1297

Psyren should like this.
    Psyren is SO IN.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    War Assets are linked to individual Sheps, right, not your account as a whole? ('Cos I want when/if I get round to EvilIdiotShep to make sure that is absolutely the minimum!)
    All Sheps IIRC.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    On the other side of that, renegade shep and paragon shep are close enough now, that you can switch between the trees without seeming like Shepard has the most ridiculous mood swings of all time, which in my opinion lent greatly to Shep as a character (because I didn't feel compelled to play it straight.)
    That was a boost. It made sense, too. With the same goals, no matter how Renegade or Paragon you are, you're going to work towards the same goal. That made things a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Heck, even I might be tempted to do that, since I've got most of my characters at level 20.

Perhaps they're being more realistic with their goals now...?
    they are, yes. You could load up your Paragon FemShep and get her the assets.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp. It HAS been quite a while since I promoted any of my characeters. Should be fun to promote them all again for probably the last time.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

Psyren should like this.
    So they took pity on us and gave us an easy goal for the extra medigel capacity. Wusses.

I have everything but Soldier leveled up. Guess Vanguard and Sentinel get the chopping block since I don't use them in Gold.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I just promoted my LV. 20 Engineer two days ago! The only thing remotely close is my LV.19 infiltrator, whom I hate because she's a vanilla Human! (If you're wondering, I don't like to have numerous chars in the same class, because it seems redundant, esp. If you've already got a favored start with a char you already have) RAGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

12. - Top - End - #1302

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I just promoted my LV. 20 Engineer two days ago! The only thing remotely close is my LV.19 infiltrator, whom I hate because she's a vanilla Human! (If you're wondering, I don't like to have numerous chars in the same class, because it seems redundant, esp. If you've already got a favored start with a char you already have) RAGE!
    Not sure I understand. If your human Infiltrator is 19, it means all your infiltrators are 19. Or is that the only one you have?

And it only takes a few runs to hit 20 anyways
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, all my classes are at 20. Might throw all of them into the mix.

If only we got a Commendation pack for each time you completed the squad goal during the operation...

Knowing my luck, I'd get 3 Eagles.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Not sure I understand. If your human Infiltrator is 19, it means all your infiltrators are 19. Or is that the only one you have?

And it only takes a few runs to hit 20 anyways
    The female human's the only one I have named and statted. Don't want to start up an alien Infiltrator because the only one that is fun, IMO, is my Gethfiltrator, who has the aforementioned bug with Hunter Mode. (If you missed that, whenever I go into Hunter Mode, I see two copies of everything, one on top of the other. Makes headshots freaking impossible, and defeats the entire purpose of the power which IMO is to see ALL the things).
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

15. - Top - End - #1305

The female human's the only one I have named and statted. Don't want to start up an alien Infiltrator because the only one that is fun, IMO, is my Gethfiltrator, who has the aforementioned bug with Hunter Mode. (If you missed that, whenever I go into Hunter Mode, I see two copies of everything, one on top of the other. Makes headshots freaking impossible, and defeats the entire purpose of the power which IMO is to see ALL the things).
    I go shotgun infiltrator with them. Much more fun, especially painting yourself solid black, decloaking near teammates and watching them spaz out.

Just call it PromoteMe or something and get it that last level.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-08-22 at 05:35 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Welp. It HAS been quite a while since I promoted any of my characeters. Should be fun to promote them all again for probably the last time.
    As long as there are classes with power combinations I haven't tried yet, and they continue to rebalance things, I will continue to promote myself.

try the Salarian.
    Tac cloak with single powered fired for level 6
    Proximity mine with "enemies take 20% more damage" and radius increases
    Energy drain with restore 100% shields
    Equip a fast, strong gun like the Revenant, piranha, hornet or wraith or claymore.

Locate enemy. Cloak. Shoot a proximity mine at their feet. Unload a clip Ito them. A prime on gold take three cloaks to kill; once to proxy, energy drain, unload clip. Once to proxy mine, unload clip and eat away armor. Once to proxy mine and unload, destroying them. This is with a piranha X and extended barrel + smartchoke. If you replace smartchoke with shredder mod, then you need tiger closer but an entire wave of pyros go down to a clip.

I've solo'd platinum up to wave 7 with this build.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I go shotgun infiltrator with them. Much more fun, especially painting yourself solid black, decloaking near teammates and watching them spaz out.

Just call it PromoteMe or something and get it that last level.
    I already named her Tex, and Yes she is in fact solid black. I gave her a sniper rifle, though, to fit the theme. (A poor choice in retrospect, but there you are) However, she's level 18, my Soldier's at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    try the Salarian.
    Tac cloak with single powered fired for level 6
    Proximity mine with "enemies take 20% more damage" and radius increases
    Energy drain with restore 100% shields
    Equip a fast, strong gun like the Revenant, piranha, hornet or wraith or claymore.

Locate enemy. Cloak. Shoot a proximity mine at their feet. Unload a clip Ito them. A prime on gold take three cloaks to kill; once to proxy, energy drain, unload clip. Once to proxy mine, unload clip and eat away armor. Once to proxy mine and unload, destroying them. This is with a piranha X and extended barrel + smartchoke. If you replace smartchoke with shredder mod, then you need tiger closer but an entire wave of pyros go down to a clip.

I've solo'd platinum up to wave 7 with this build.
    Ooh, nice. I'll try that build once I'm done with Tex. And I have a Geth SMG 1, so that'll help. Actually my Infiltrator's at lv. 18, my Soldier's (Turian, Name of Col. Antarian) at 19. Been trying to grind him up, but I'm skittish about taking him on Gold matches (not quite l33t enough for that).

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Operation ALLOY (August 24th 11AM MDT – August 26th 5AM MDT)

A training center will only take a recruit so far. Our recruits need field experience, so it’s time to integrate them with seasoned squads during our next series of sweeps.

Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All players awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and an increase to medi-gel capacity
    Hm. On the one hand, I could do this and get free stuff without actually needing to play the game. I could even use my Infiltrator for one, since I've got that sitting at 20 from class card xp.

On the other hand, I would then have to re-level one class the next time I decide to actually play.

Decisions, decisions.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Aaaand one down, one to go. Antarian's all set to be promoted come the weekend, and then I can completely forget about the Soldier class until I try the N7 one of these days. I'd forgotten I had a Vorcha Sentinel. Ransk (that's his name) is now lv. 19 and change, and I'll be grinding him up tomorrow. However, I ran into what can only be a bug during my last match. Someone else was hosting, we were on Firebase Giant (the best map, IMO, currently in existence, with the possible exception of Rio or Dagger) fighting Cerberus. After a few rounds, I found myself being unable to hit any of the baddies. Nemeses kept running away after I heavy melee'd them to no effect, but they wouldn't hit me, and I couldn't hurt them at all. Guardians would shrug off backstabs like heavy rain, Phantoms wouldn't react to Flamer, the list goes on. Furthermore, I couldn't pick up ammo from the supply boxes. (It had the gall to prompt me to expend an ammo pack and I was like "H**l no I'm not wasting one of those to a bug")

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Blinky View Post
    But on the other hand, it feels like the RPG elements have totally fallen apart, especially after having just played 2. This is most prevalent in conversations, where I'll often get maybe one or two options to press something in a conversation tree, and a lot of the time Shepherd will just keep talking without any input from me. This is...frustrating. Really frustrating. While on the whole these conversations are well handled, it's kind of a let down that I don't feel like I have more choice in a game that is supposed to be all about choice.
    On the other other hand, it's better than in ME1, when all three options led to the same line from Shepard.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    On the other other hand, it's better than in ME1, when all three options led to the same line from Shepard.
    Which line is that? I'm doing ME 1 right now.

-

Bunch o gear upgrades. No Slayer
    On the upside, I hve a bunch I stuff high enough or consider screwing around with it. Grenade capacity on a demolisher is amazing, if only because then I can drop a thermal clip pack and be able to take out a heavy. I've found that a full bevy of grenades is comparable to a rocket! Which means going in to any engagement with a demolisher, I've got ten rockets. Boss.

Also, the maxed out stronghold gear is insane; one fifth more shields, and a ten percent recharge boost. How long does it normally take to get shields back? Because with a Battlemaster or Justicar, I'm a the point that the geth healing spec turret can't keep up with me.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

Which line is that? I'm doing ME 1 right now.
    Quite a few. Easiest way to spot them is to choose the other option whenever you're forced to repeat conversations.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Banned

Quite a few. Easiest way to spot them is to choose the other option whenever you're forced to repeat conversations.
    I do, but I dot quite see it. There are points in time where Shepard will get the same point across, but the lines have never been the same. Best example is with the Asari in Noveria who ambushes you. You can tell her you don't get it, or you can cal her arrogant for talking over you. Same gist, different lines. Even as far down as Shepard going "huh?" and "what?" as separate options.

*shrug*

Took the plunge and jumped into a platinum game. Turns out all you need for platinum is an infiltrator with Proxy mine, a piranha X, and some expendables. If I'd had more time I could have just bought a jumbo pack in between missions (guaranteeing me medigel, rockets, and a level 3 ammo) and jumped back in.

It was brutally intense. Either we all coordinated fire exactly, or multiple applications of the proximity mine debugging stack, because we were able to eat through banshees and such a third of their health per shot. Cloak. Proxy. Kaboom. Gone. We even had to deal with like, nine escort missions out of three platinum matches! Gosh those suck as an infiltrator, you can't cloak and participate. Oh, sorry, eight. The final mission was a hectic "retrieve the object" mission that almost ended in TPK.

Platinum is the thing. It's efficient. You're guaranteed a return on the investment if you hit wave three, everyone knows what they are in for, and everyone does their part. Ammo was a bit of a stretch at times though, but seeing as we had three infiltrators and one "other", I wouldn't mind the other being a demolisher. We could sweep by for bullets every now and then.

My only fear is that I'll be so used to it by the time I get my slayer I won't care anymore

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Took the plunge and jumped into a platinum game. Turns out all you need for platinum is an infiltrator with Proxy mine, a piranha X, and some expendables. If I'd had more time I could have just bought a jumbo pack in between missions (guaranteeing me medigel, rockets, and a level 3 ammo) and jumped back in.
    What if you don't have a piranha?

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Took off the piercing mod, put on the increased damage on my Javelin. Wow...that is quite an improvement. I think my penetration distance has decreased (but I'm not sure, if it has then it's not enough to be easily noticeable) but I'm consistently 1-shotting pyros (I don't need a head/tank shot anymore like I used to, just hitting the tank from full shields is a kill), blowing primes away a lot faster than I used to and I actually feel like it's worth firing at Atlas's first because they drop so much faster.

Thanks! I knew I had to be doing something wrong with that thing.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Right off the bat, when Anderson tells Shepard that they need to tell the council about the beacon, (s)he says "What are we going to tell them? I had a bad dream?" regardless of the option chosen.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

*shrug*

It was brutally intense. Either we all coordinated fire exactly, or multiple applications of the proximity mine debugging stack, because we were able to eat through banshees and such a third of their health per shot. Cloak. Proxy. Kaboom. Gone. We even had to deal with like, nine escort missions out of three platinum matches! Gosh those suck as an infiltrator, you can't cloak and participate. Oh, sorry, eight. The final mission was a hectic "retrieve the object" mission that almost ended in TPK.

Platinum is the thing. It's efficient. You're guaranteed a return on the investment if you hit wave three, everyone knows what they are in for, and everyone does their part. Ammo was a bit of a stretch at times though, but seeing as we had three infiltrators and one "other", I wouldn't mind the other being a demolisher. We could sweep by for bullets every now and then.
    Thanks for the overview. Gold has become mostly a cake walk with the Demolisher and all her tasty, tasty grenades. I was thinking of making the plunge into Platinum, but you've convinced me.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I have a few classes at level 20 that I haven't used in quite some time, so at least I'll get the commendation pack, I guess.

As for Platinum, I've played a grand total of 3 times using my Destroyer for two and my Slayer for another. I only managed to make it to wave 3 in one game. It's damned hard if you're not prepared for it.

I think I might promote my vanguards in the upcoming event. I'd like to redo my Slayer's powers, and more than anything, I'd like to practice to bring out his full potential.

I intend to redo him with Charge 6, Biotic slash 6, Slayer 6, and Fitness 6. I already know what I'll do with the first three, but I'm still wavering on Fitness. Should I go for the shield boosts, or should I go the melee route?
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-08-23 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

I intend to redo him with Charge 6, Biotic slash 6, Slayer 6, and Fitness 6. I already know what I'll do with the first three, but I'm still wavering on Fitness. Should I go for the shield boosts, or should I go the melee route?
    I prefer to go durability for Fitness on my Vanguards, but I always take the alternative to shield recharge speed - that's what Charge is for.

With that and a melee booster and/or a melee damage weapon mod, the Slayer is plenty durable enough, given how quickly they can get out of trouble.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Banned

What if you don't have a piranha?
    Tongue in cheek? Stick to gold.

More seriously though, a similar weapon would suffice. The piranha currently has the game's highest damage output per second however, so it's a no-brained to use.

The Revenant functions at similar range and has less of an ammo problem. The geth plasma shotgun still has impressive damage, it just takes longer to use and requires clever application of cover, concealment and cloaking while charging. High powered, single shot guns are not recommended though, as you need to worry about groups of enemies far, far more than you need to worry about taking down one guy.

My suggestion, if you can't bring a piranha, is to focus on biotic detonations AND BE MINDFUL OF WHAT EFFECTS HIT YOUR TARGET!!!!, or be a demolisher. If you have the DoT evolution on arc grenades, at medium range toucan launch a homing grenade, throw an arc grenade while the homin grenade is in the air, and score a tech burst/arc explosion/homing explosion combo. Pack one gun though as there are going to be times you WILL need to relocate your pylon in a hurry.

I say be mindful because a lot I people mash power A, power B, power A, power B without even paying attention to what's going on. If you're nr goin to be paying attention, don't waste your time on platinum. If you war a target, and during your cool down someone else uses energy drai, use warp again. Don't waste your time with throw! If you see a shimmer in the air next to you, THROW STRAIGHT DOWN, don't bother warping your target (to stagger the hunter/phantom that's next to you), etc. if you finish your cool down and you're working with three tech classes, WAIT FOR THEM ALLTO USE THEIR OVERLOADS, THEN USE WARP. That way the warp hits at te tail end, sets off a tech burst, and you'll get throw out for the detonation before they use overload again.

I see players who don't do these things and get frustrated an drop out All the time. But on a difficulty defined by teamwork and coordination (just look at how the enemies work together!), you get what you deserve if you're trying to fly solo. Sometimes, usin warp on a target to weaken its armor and boost its damage taken is more important than detonating the target you've already primed. Those two seconds can be vital.

Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    Took off the piercing mod, put on the increased damage on my Javelin. Wow...that is quite an improvement. I think my penetration distance has decreased (but I'm not sure, if it has then it's not enough to be easily noticeable) but I'm consistently 1-shotting pyros (I don't need a head/tank shot anymore like I used to, just hitting the tank from full shields is a kill), blowing primes away a lot faster than I used to and I actually feel like it's worth firing at Atlas's first because they drop so much faster.

Thanks! I knew I had to be doing something wrong with that thing.
    No problem! You can actually thank Arbitrarity for that. Doing the math on which guns benefit when was his thing. Her thing? Probably his.

The most damage armor will ever prevent is 50 at a time. So that "ignores XX% of enemy armor" reduces that 50 damage - its not really a variable. Boosting a gun's damage however is based on how strong the gun is. If your gun does 200 damage a shot, you're coming out ahead all around!

Also, switching from piercing mod to non-piercing will reduce your Javelin's object penetration from one-point-five meters to just one meter. Still substantial.

I have a few classes at level 20 that I haven't used in quite some time, so at least I'll get the commendation pack, I guess.

As for Platinum, I've played a grand total of 3 times using my Destroyer for two and my Slayer for another. I only managed to make it to wave 3 in one game. It's damned hard if you're not prepared for it.

I think I might promote my vanguards in the upcoming event. I'd like to redo my Slayer's powers, and more than anything, I'd like to practice to bring out his full potential.

It really is hard without prep. My first ten matches were disasters.

As for which to do, well... Melee is a gimmick isn't it? With the shadow you have to get in close but with charge there's more of a delay, and charge itself does not benefit from melee boosting.

Does the slayer have te same rank six evolution for either Armor or Shield damage? If so, I'd go melee and try it out. If not though, then having more barriers benefits even more by getting complimentary refills.

The slayer is the only class I don't have though, which is a shame because I am slowly maxing te appearance options on everything else.