New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Single shot and semi-auto is a personal pet peeve of mine, like the difference between "clip" and "magazine" (A clip is used to load a magazine).

EDIT: Almost time for a new thread! I nominate "Don't f**k with this thread"

No, wait, that won't fly, how about "Can it wait? I'm calibrating this thread"
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2012-08-29 at 04:17 PM.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

I would like to nominate "Bwaaawoooong!" (onomatopoeia for the sound the Reapers make) for the next thread's title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    I would like to nominate "Bwaaawoooong!" (onomatopoeia for the sound the Reapers make) for the next thread's title.
    Either that or "[sound of a slowed down tuba]"

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

From Leviathan:

"Are you aware of the properties of tungsten?"

I thought it was kinda creepy.

Edit: As a nomination for the new thread title. In case that wasn't clear.

Now that I'm thinking about it, he might have said 'applications' instead of 'properties'. Will have to play through again, to be sure.
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-08-29 at 10:57 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll handle this thread personally"

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Why am i cursed with constant Crusaders? It's the only truly bad promo weapon, in my experience. Even the Eagle is just aggressively mediocre. Yet I have it at VI. Hate hate hate.
    I... What?

Okay, actually, I understand. There are a few things you have to know about the crusader to get the best out of it.

The first is that it's not a shotgun. They tell you it's a shotgun, but it's not. Without the smartchoke, it is flawlessly accurate. That is, I have never missed a target where I couldn't blame it on not beig able to see them in my reticle. It's that accurate. Trying to fire it like a shotgun won't work; at shotgun ranges, I.E. from melee out to about five meters, it's going to miss. Because there is no spread, just a plunk waaaaaaaaay down where the reticle is.
    This is personally a peeve of mine. If your gun barrel is pressed against a target but the reticle is not on them, the bullet will miss. But that happens with all guns.

The second thing is, the crusader is like a bad chuck norris joke; sometimes physics just can't keep up. You'll fire, there will be a kick, and then a moment later the bullet will shoot. Or the bullet will hit, and a moment later, the enemy loses health (or more often, their head!)

If you're willing to put up with these, and I am, it becomes a double-strength pre-modded paladin. It has AP, and Extended barrel, and two more slots. It's damage is sufficient that a body shot will wound severely, and a yea shot will massacre. It's not good on, say, primes, but for kneecapping an atlas it is ace. It is good fare on classes who have medium weight requirements; turian sentinel, vorcha, all Krogan. It sits pretty close to claymore in effectiveness.

Personally, I have an eagle VI, and I'd trade you that and my valiant in a heartbeat for some more crusader ranks.

On the DLC;
    Assault rifle omniblade already IS a multiplayer mod, silly.
    Also, your description does... A lot to fix my issues with the game. I'll beg and plead to get the money for it, I think.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

I nominate "that was for Thane"
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    I nominate "that was for Thane"
    I second this.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

What about "That was for Miranda" or "No gunship this time"?

(My female Shepard lost Thane in ME2, and I played her through ME3 twice, once before EC, once after, loosing Miranda the first time, and not the second.)

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Personally, I have an eagle VI, and I'd trade you that and my valiant in a heartbeat for some more crusader ranks.
    I would take that in a second. 6 crusader ranks for a valiant and 5 eagles?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I would take that in a second. 6 crusader ranks for a valiant and 5 eagles?
    Two valiants! That way I don't feel Like I am totally ripping you off as bad as I am XD

So I just did a count. I don't know which gear are rare, and I dot rightly care anymore. I do know I've got about five PSPs left before there are no more classes to get that are not the damn Slayer. And I hve a surprising number of rank 3+ gear I never noticed, either due to looking like an expendable in the pack opening, or because it wasn't any I the things I wanted so
    I don't care. Currently, the number of gear I have to get my shotgun damage up by ten percent is three, with an 8.5 somewhere as well. And I got my medigel capacity boost. nd I got an ultra rare at one point that I didn't pay attention to.

Boy I want that slayer so bad.
    In other news, I've found that with good enough guns the Nova!guard can be useful on gold. A Talon I with ULM 5 and Extended Barrel 5, and a GPSMG X with heat sink and armor piercing. Still packing 200% because shockwave is a chump power on a nova guard. And boy the talon is fun! I was running the hurricane at first, but it didn't hit often enough to be worth while. And it ran out of ammo WAAAY to fast. Gonna make my Turians shine though...

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

Two valiants! That way I don't feel Like I am totally ripping you off as bad as I am XD
    Hooray! That would give me Valiant III and Eagle VII. My infiltrator will be pleased. Now if only the game actually had a trading system.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Fracking awesome. Not only did I lose connection in the simple task of getting my reward packs - niiiice - but I get my victory pack full of fracking consumables - fracking consumables , not even pointless gear, not even weapons I don't use, but fracking consumables - but my commendation pack gives me a Hurricane I. Which I am so sure matters in comparison to my Geth SMG II, which is about the only SMG I actually use.

That really, really wasn't worth the net hour and a half I spent trying to go into ME3, promote two characters and call it a day. Thank frack I didn't try, yknow, actually playing the game or anything, because that would have an exercise in futility.

A cursory glance at the Bioware social forums shows a steady litany of connection-based problems, up to and including people losing real money (through Bioware points), problems with even playing SP DLC... Seriously, the first three pages were pretty much all that sort of problem, and all from the last 24 hours. Notably... while there were a few threads in the 360 and PS3 technical support, there was nowhere near as many. Origin's latest update - because I'm sure that's what it is, since this crap started shortly thereafter - has completely screwed everything somehow. And neither Bioware - or EA, who I suspect are the ultimate culprits - appear to even want to acknowledge there is a problem, let alone fix it.

Pretty sure if this continues without being fixed, I have played my last of ME3 - pretty much whether I want to or not. Or indeed any subsequent EA game altogether, period, because they are going to insist on always-active connections but can't even manage to do the job properly...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-30 at 09:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

On the DLC;
    Assault rifle omniblade already IS a multiplayer mod, silly.
    Also, your description does... A lot to fix my issues with the game. I'll beg and plead to get the money for it, I think.
    My bad, didn't remember that one from the list I've seen of MP mods. I get absolute crap for my packs every bloody time, so I haven't seen a single one of them in MP.

As for the DLC, yeah, it really helps soothe the nerdrage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of it runs contrary to EC, just a bit of the big reveal is spoiled by it. The big thing about the DLC is that it finally feels like the ending was intentional, rather than hurried, half-assed, pretentious... art... that it originally came across as. Bioware PR handled it all very poorly, which is what turned shock at a dumb ending with some really depressing implications into the storm of fecal material that it became, but I can now understand what they were saying:

"There's more to this story than can fit into the game. (Which I think is likely true. It's what killed Rage, after all - they were limited to what they could fit on three XBox 360 discs, with the game itself taking space on all three.) The DLCs will be adding the rest, bit by bit, until you see the story we wanted to tell. It sucks now, I know, but it will get better. It will be glorious, I promise you. Please, trust us. Trust for just a couple months that we aren't going to leave you hanging like this."

Of course, how it came out was: "This is art, you unwashed heathens! It's deep. It's real. If you can't understand that, then shut up and listen to your intellectual superiors. You have no idea what we've got planned, and we're not going to tell you, but it's going to be awesome, so suck on that!"

One thing I really got a kick out of? EDI uses the word "art" in the DLC in much the same way I've come to use it. That made me chuckle to hear.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-08-30 at 09:37 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

So I just did a count. I don't know which gear are rare, and I dot rightly care anymore. I do know I've got about five PSPs left before there are no more classes to get that are not the damn Slayer. And I hve a surprising number of rank 3+ gear I never noticed, either due to looking like an expendable in the pack opening, or because it wasn't any I the things I wanted so
    I don't care. Currently, the number of gear I have to get my shotgun damage up by ten percent is three, with an 8.5 somewhere as well. And I got my medigel capacity boost. nd I got an ultra rare at one point that I didn't pay attention to.

Boy I want that slayer so bad.
    In other news, I've found that with good enough guns the Nova!guard can be useful on gold. A Talon I with ULM 5 and Extended Barrel 5, and a GPSMG X with heat sink and armor piercing. Still packing 200% because shockwave is a chump power on a nova guard. And boy the talon is fun! I was running the hurricane at first, but it didn't hit often enough to be worth while. And it ran out of ammo WAAAY to fast. Gonna make my Turians shine though...
    I just respecced my turian soldier to be a caster, and what a difference.

I can't stick my head out of cover for too long, but the proximity mine and concussive shot are great for dealing with enemies moving too fast for me to take proper aim at. And Marksman turned the Hurricane (one of my favorite smgs) into an absolute meat grinder. Just don't stray too far from the ammo boxes. I'm going to have to try it with the Revenant, next.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

So I was reading through the Leviathan DLC and I got sort of struck by something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now, I think, Leviathan DLC was planned before the game was released right? I remember hearing that it was pushed back due to the outrage over the ending.

It also is the only thing that would have correctly foreshadowed and set up the Starkid in the game so it doesn't come so abruptly. A big problem people had with the ending was that the kid comes literally out of nowhere with no set up or anything, this dlc would have provided that.

Does it seem to anyone else that they cut a rather necessary part of the game? I don't know, it just seems to me that if the EC hadn't come out as intended, Bioware was hoping that the confusion of the ending would have made them buy Leviathan just to get some answers. Essentially hiding important parts of the game unless you paid them extra. That seems, really, really underhanded to me.

Though maybe it doesn't feel that way when you play the game or something, but that's just what I thought when I heard how the reveals were mostly in the EC and whatnot.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Fracking awesome. Not only did I lose connection in the simple task of getting my reward packs - niiiice - but I get my victory pack full of fracking consumables - fracking consumables , not even pointless gear, not even weapons I don't use, but fracking consumables - but my commendation pack gives me a Hurricane I. Which I am so sure matters in comparison to my Geth SMG II, which is about the only SMG I actually use.

That really, really wasn't worth the net hour and a half I spent trying to go into ME3, promote two characters and call it a day. Thank frack I didn't try, yknow, actually playing the game or anything, because that would have an exercise in futility.

A cursory glance at the Bioware social forums shows a steady litany of connection-based problems, up to and including people losing real money (through Bioware points), problems with even playing SP DLC... Seriously, the first three pages were pretty much all that sort of problem, and all from the last 24 hours. Notably... while there were a few threads in the 360 and PS3 technical support, there was nowhere near as many. Origin's latest update - because I'm sure that's what it is, since this crap started shortly thereafter - has completely screwed everything somehow. And neither Bioware - or EA, who I suspect are the ultimate culprits - appear to even want to acknowledge there is a problem, let alone fix it.

Pretty sure if this continues without being fixed, I have played my last of ME3 - pretty much whether I want to or not. Or indeed any subsequent EA game altogether, period, because they are going to insist on always-active connections but can't even manage to do the job properly...
    Ouch. I've been having some connection issues, but this is astounding. I hope it improves.

As for the hurricane, I like it. It is as different from the geth SMG as the vindicator is from the avenger, but it's pretty cool. I you can unload a clip into somwthing it dies, end of story. Which means its a pretty good panic button! Buck all for distance accuracy unles story like burst fire though.

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    My bad, didn't remember that one from the list I've seen of MP mods. I get absolute crap for my packs every bloody time, so I haven't seen a single one of them in MP.
    I only know because it was the first rare I got XD
    It's soooo cooool

As for the DLC, yeah, it really helps soothe the nerdrage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of it runs contrary to EC, just a bit of the big reveal is spoiled by it. The big thing about the DLC is that it finally feels like the ending was intentional, rather than hurried, half-assed, pretentious... art... that it originally came across as. Bioware PR handled it all very poorly, which is what turned shock at a dumb ending with some really depressing implications into the storm of fecal material that it became, but I can now understand what they were saying:

"There's more to this story than can fit into the game. (Which I think is likely true. It's what killed Rage, after all - they were limited to what they could fit on three XBox 360 discs, with the game itself taking space on all three.) The DLCs will be adding the rest, bit by bit, until you see the story we wanted to tell. It sucks now, I know, but it will get better. It will be glorious, I promise you. Please, trust us. Trust for just a couple months that we aren't going to leave you hanging like this."

Of course, how it came out was: "This is art, you unwashed heathens! It's deep. It's real. If you can't understand that, then shut up and listen to your intellectual superiors. You have no idea what we've got planned, and we're not going to tell you, but it's going to be awesome, so suck on that!"

One thing I really got a kick out of? EDI uses the word "art" in the DLC in much the same way I've come to use it. That made me chuckle to hear.
    Yeah, that's what I'm getting from it. It doesn't establish any goodwill, but it does clear up the bad stuff. I intend to play it, eventually. We will see.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I may have just made friends with some of the top leaderboard people on 360. More details as the situation developes.

Edit: Specifically, I made friends with a guy who is friends with the guy in 3rd on the global 360 leaderboard. N7 Rating>15000. Might be playing with them later.
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-08-30 at 06:36 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

So I was able to pick up the Digital Deluxe of 3 thanks to a pretty great sale. So, uh, woo.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Banned

Huzzah! Which system? I am guessing PC. Any interest in multiplayer?

-

Beowulf (I think?), I was able to try out melee Slayer. It's... Not so great. Not as listed. Enemy damage still hits, even during teleport. There was a point where I shifted four meters, and got gunned down in the middle of it. Despite not being there, the bullets inflicted damage. Which stinks.

On the other hand, the Slayer heavy melee (and probably also the Fury's) works like a mini Shadow Strike. So long as the tracking reticle is active, you can bang through walls and come out during an execution slide. I only tried it on silver, but it was pretty slick, and capable of out-sword ing a phantom provided no one is shooting at you. It's not something I'd be willing to try on gold as a viable play style though; even with melee boost on weapon, melee amp, and berserker amp and having killed an assault trooper with heavy melee, I was able to only inflict half a bar of damage on an atlas. Doing the phase in/out attack managed to keep me alive Long enough to charge back my barriers four times, but I was only able to bring him down to half his Armor before being synch'd.

Phase disruptor, though, is a special fun toy to have. Especially with knockdown. The key seems to be the final rank; I was doin more against banshees than against brutes, because I'd hit their tail end of barrier and did enough extra damage to still see results after shield gating. I think I will play phase disruptor primarily, an use the shield recharge stuff I've got. 25% faster recharge and either two shots with huge force or three shots. Fun times.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

-

Beowulf (I think?), I was able to try out melee Slayer. It's... Not so great. Not as listed. Enemy damage still hits, even during teleport. There was a point where I shifted four meters, and got gunned down in the middle of it. Despite not being there, the bullets inflicted damage. Which stinks.

On the other hand, the Slayer heavy melee (and probably also the Fury's) works like a mini Shadow Strike. So long as the tracking reticle is active, you can bang through walls and come out during an execution slide. I only tried it on silver, but it was pretty slick, and capable of out-sword ing a phantom provided no one is shooting at you. It's not something I'd be willing to try on gold as a viable play style though; even with melee boost on weapon, melee amp, and berserker amp and having killed an assault trooper with heavy melee, I was able to only inflict half a bar of damage on an atlas. Doing the phase in/out attack managed to keep me alive Long enough to charge back my barriers four times, but I was only able to bring him down to half his Armor before being synch'd.

Phase disruptor, though, is a special fun toy to have. Especially with knockdown. The key seems to be the final rank; I was doin more against banshees than against brutes, because I'd hit their tail end of barrier and did enough extra damage to still see results after shield gating. I think I will play phase disruptor primarily, an use the shield recharge stuff I've got. 25% faster recharge and either two shots with huge force or three shots. Fun times.
    Yeah, I've tried using Phase Disruptor-Charge-Shoot-Melee on Silver, and it was more effective than I'd hoped. Not so good on Gold, though.

Anyway, I played two Platinums with the same team. During the first game, I told them about the Fury/Asari Adept/Slayer combo that I had seen used to such devastating effect. They decided that they wanted to try it, too. So I got my Slayer, and two other players got an Asari with Warp Bubble and a Fury, and we went to town. We got massacred on wave 10, though. Powerful as that combination of classes is, it takes some practice and genuine teamwork to pull it off properly. Additionally, it seems that this combination of classes requires one other element to truly shine: a tank. The 4th member of our party was a Salarian engineer who threw down a decoy every once in a while, and he didn't last long when the enemies started getting too close. What we needed was a class that can take a lot of damage, and could supplement the biotic damage in a way that wouldn't interrupt our detonations. I imagine that a Krogan vanguard or a Destroyer with Warp ammo would be best for that role.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

It would indeed be the PC version. I'm really liking this promotional crossover stuff EA does. However, I'm hating the constant disconnects from their servers, which is really crappy of them.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Yeah, I've tried using Phase Disruptor-Charge-Shoot-Melee on Silver, and it was more effective than I'd hoped. Not so good on Gold, though.

Anyway, I played two Platinums with the same team. During the first game, I told them about the Fury/Asari Adept/Slayer combo that I had seen used to such devastating effect. They decided that they wanted to try it, too. So I got my Slayer, and two other players got an Asari with Warp Bubble and a Fury, and we went to town. We got massacred on wave 10, though. Powerful as that combination of classes is, it takes some practice and genuine teamwork to pull it off properly. Additionally, it seems that this combination of classes requires one other element to truly shine: a tank. The 4th member of our party was a Salarian engineer who threw down a decoy every once in a while, and he didn't last long when the enemies started getting too close. What we needed was a class that can take a lot of damage, and could supplement the biotic damage in a way that wouldn't interrupt our detonations. I imagine that a Krogan vanguard or a Destroyer with Warp ammo would be best for that role.
    Geth infiltrator. Hunter mode, piranha, proxy mine, Tac cloak, and I guarantee his targets will go down faster than all your biotic combos combined. Alternately, a phoenix adept with biotic spec'd smash would increase your output by 200%, as the damage it inflicts is already on par with a biotic detonation, which it can both prime and detonate.

Battlemaster is pretty hardy though. 50% DR, shield refresh, Krogan rage, and whatever dakka machine he decides to carry; that tiny room strikes me as the best place for the Revenant to shine over the harrier and typhoon, for example.

Finally, a straight-damage and capacity demolisher provides the entire room with ammo, shield boost and non-interfering explosions. Best way to clear a banshee rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    It would indeed be the PC version. I'm really liking this promotional crossover stuff EA does. However, I'm hating the constant disconnects from their servers, which is really crappy of them.
    Yeah, we've been hearing about that. It's probably an issue with the latest origins update, since most people ha trouble as soon as origins updated. Hope thr fixes for you, know how sucky it can be.

When you're willing, let us know your game info like in the first post, we will add you for multiplayer buddy-ing

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, we've been hearing about that. It's probably an issue with the latest origins update, since most people ha trouble as soon as origins updated. Hope thr fixes for you, know how sucky it can be.

When you're willing, let us know your game info like in the first post, we will add you for multiplayer buddy-ing
    GitP Name: Triscuitable
    Gaming System: PC
    Origin Gamertag: Triscuitable
    Preferred Classes: Battlefield 3, Turian Sentinel (IIRC, may be an Infiltrator; disconnected before I could find out).

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Mmm, realized I never put up my info either.

GitP Name: Farix
    Gaming System: PC
    Origin Gamertag: Nejaa
    Preferred Classes: N7 Fury, Paladin, & Shadow, occasional vanguard or other adept/infiltrator

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Okay, that's a really crappy bug with the Leviathan DLC.

The story was good and the newly added plot was enjoyable - I don't rate it quite as highly as Lair of the Shadow Broker, but then LotSB was genuinely exceptional - but it's made a mess of my game's stability.

Doesn't help that it crashed roughly once an hour when traversing from scene to scene, but upon completing the DLC and getting the last Achievement for it, I returned to the map only to find that all of my fuel and money had been removed. Some 230,000 credits up in smoke, for no apparent reason and no way to get it back without replaying the last hour of plot and hoping it didn't happen again.

Fortunately I'd already bought all the upgrades that I really wanted so for me it's just a minor setback, but I can imagine how someone who tried doing the DLC very early in the game would be pissed.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-09-01 at 04:13 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

So here's a few things that I noticed because I didn't play the DLC in 2:

• Liara hired mercs to help her infiltrate the... Er... Lair of the Shadow Broker. Shepard was intrigued that she managed that.
    • I've heard that the brother from Overlord appears in Grissom, depending on the conclusion. I didn't.

I didn't get any DLC; just the game (for $5). So yeah, that's a setback. I've got From Ashes in ME3 because I went for the digital deluxe, but that's it. Here's what happened because of my choices that can be seen as significant:

Spoiler
    Show
    • Kirrahe sacrificed himself because I didn't get to Thane in time (in reality, I stopped checking my email after seeing Ashley a second time).
    • Mordin died in a rather anti-climactic manner, with a nice explosion. Nothing dramatic, like the other outcomes I saw on YouTube, with him tearfully singing and such.
    • I shot Udina. I hated him anyways.

So I've realized that while I focused on Paragon choices in Mass Effect and ME2, but now I understand I did that because I wanted to be a good guy. But I instead decided to speak what I would have said. Thus, I'm slightly renegade and mostly paragon.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Banned

Updated and slightly tidied Multpilayer Playgrounder Lists

PC:

Spoiler
    Show

GITP Name : bladescape
    Gamertag : blade_scaper
    Classes: Sentinels, soldiers, infiltrators.

GitP Name: Triscuitable
    Gamertag: Triscuitable
    Classes: Battlefield 3, Turian Sentinel

GitP Name: Farix
    Gamertag: Nejaa
    Classes: N7 Fury, Paladin, & Shadow

GITP Name : Wilhelm Scream
    Gamertag : chumsley
    Classes: Salarians, asari adept, krogan vanguard

GITP Name : Ertwin
    Gamertag : Ertwin
    Classes :Krogan Soldier, salarian/quarian infiltrator*

GITP Name : DabblerWizard
    Gamertag*: DabblerWizard
    Classes : Adepts

GITP Name : MonarchAnarch
    Gamertag : MonarchAnarch
    Classes : Asari Vanguard, Salarian Infiltrator, Drell Adept.

GITP Name: Drakefall
    Gamertag*: Drakefall_XI
    Classes: Engineer, any

GITP Name : Sagonene
    Gamertag : vinceroix
    Classes : Adept & Engineer

GITP Name : Comrade
    Gamertag : NapalmMotorhead
    Classes : Soldier

Giantitp Name: Corvus
    Gamertag: Auscorvus
    Classes; Drell Adept & Human Engineer

Giantitp name: Chen
    Gamertag: Chen932000
    Classes: Asari Vanguard, Human Sentinel

Giantitp name: Anarion
    Gamertag: jrogers55
    Classes played: any

GitP Name: Khosan
    Gamertag: Khosan
    Classes: Sentinel, any

GITP Name : Dhavaer
    Gamertag*: Dhavaer
    Classes : Vanguard, Engineer, Sentinel.*

GITP Name: Actana
    Gamertag: Miriact
    Preferred Classes: Salarian Infiltrator, Human Vanguard

GianTiTP name: Mikeavelli
    Gamertag: Mikeavelli
    Classes : vanguard

GitP name : Sholos
    Gamertag: veebeebee
    Classes: Engineer, Infiltrator, Soldier, Adept

GITP Name : Darius Macab
    Gamertag*: DariusMacab
    Classes : any

GitP username: Arbitrarity
    Gamertag: Arbitrarity
    Classes: any caster, infiltrator

GitP Poster: Aotrs Commander
    Gamertag: AotrsCommander
    Classes: Infiltrator

GitP Poster: Gamerlord
    Gamertag: Gamerlord2
    Classes: Any

GitP name: Starsign
    Gamertag: Sunrust
    Classes: any

Name on GITP: Landis963
    Gamertag: landis963
    Classes: caster

GiTP Name: Morty
    Gamertag :*Morty901
    Classes: non-vanguard

GiTP Name : Horngeek
    Gamertag : Horngeek
    Classes : Any

X-Box 360:
    Spoiler
    Show

GitP user name :Strife Warzeal
    Gamertag :*aafro1109

GITP Name : thugthrasher
    Gamertag*: thugthrasher

GITP Name: Psyren
    Gamertag: Psyren Y
    Preferred Classes: Casters

GITP Name : Thanatos 51-50
    Gamertag*: Saalaksin
    Preferred Classes : infiltrator, nova!guard

GitP Name: SiuiS
    Gamertag: Starry Notions
    Classes: Any, infiltrator

GitP: James the Dark
    Gamertag: Jacob Greyson
    Classes : Sentinel

GitP Poster: Tome
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Classes: Vanguard, Adept

GiTP name: Polity4life
    Gamertag: ManofOpposites

GitP name: Alaris
    Gamertag: Alarikun
    Classes: Infiltrator

GitP name: Sanguine
    Gamertag: Kugger

GitP name: Wagadodo
    Gamertag*: Wagadodo
    Classes : gunners, any

Giantitp username: Fawkes
    Gamertag: Mechafox

GiTP Name: Yana
    Gamertag: The 1337 Doctor
    Classes: Any

GitP Name: Wraith
    Gamertag: o IIIusionist o
    Classes: Engineer/Sentinel

GitP Name: thorgrim29
    Gamertag: thorgrim29
    Classes : any (vanguard)

GitP Name: Derthric
    Gamertag: Derthric
    Classes: Salarians

GitP Name: Xondure
    Gamertag: Royal LP

GitP Name: kamikasei
    Gamertag: amanadiel

GitP Name: Mr. Blinky
    Gamertag: Hells DM

GitP name: Krade
    Gamertag: Krade2k20

GITP Name: Edge
    Gamertag:*UnbrokenUnbowed
    Classes: casters

GiTP Name: Beowulf DW
    Gamertag: MechaBeowulf DW
    Classes: Vanguard, adept, Soldier

GITP Name : Moogleking
    Gamertag*:MK8Bit
    Gamertag : Human Engineer, Quarian Infiltrator

PS3:

Spoiler
    Show

GitP Name: Lycan 01
    Gamertag: Ralix_57
    Classes: Quarian Infiltrator, sentinel

GITP Name : Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Gamertag*: TheFullbladder

GiTP Name: C-Lam
    Gamertag: Crystal1995

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    So I was reading through the Leviathan DLC and I got sort of struck by something.

Spoiler
    Show

Does it seem to anyone else that they cut a rather necessary part of the game? I don't know, it just seems to me that if the EC hadn't come out as intended, Bioware was hoping that the confusion of the ending would have made them buy Leviathan just to get some answers. Essentially hiding important parts of the game unless you paid them extra. That seems, really, really underhanded to me.

A major part of the story of the development of this game and Dragon Age (the first one) is that Bioware are really bad at deciding what to cut from their game to get development finished.

A living Prothean who is completely unlike anything we assumed the Protheans were like and a rogue Reaper should have been things that caused us to completely re-evaluate the way we approached the Mass Effect universe, but they got cut and we were "treated" to a game full of Cerberus being complete morons and completely at odds with anything they had been up to that point ever because indoctrination.

Likewise in Dragon Age there was going to be a whole plot about the Orlesian empress visiting Ferelden, having been invited by Alistair, which completely explained Loghain's behaviour and motivations. And since Loghain is the closest thing in the game to an actual villain who can have motivations (the Archdemon has no motivations other than Archdemon Smash), that's pretty serious business to have in your game. Without it Loghain comes across as a paranoid lunatic. And frankly we could have done completely without the Brecilian Forest section in favour of some potentially interesting and relevant story.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Banned

Been playing around with Phase disruptor a bit (and with the original mass effect, actually) an have some thoughts.

Phase disruptor is a very all-or-nothing power. It's neat to have something that fires off so quick during recharge, but unless you're going to make it good, then you shouldn't put any points into it at all.

That said, it also seems to have two prime configurations - either mook mop up or targeted damaging blast. I made a mistake in the startup and have not tried out the damaging version yet. The radius and knock down upgrades, together with shield damage, is phenomenal. Crowds of hunters, pyros, phantoms, marauders, etc. all get knocked about lot popcorn flying off a cob. Aiming is a bit finicky, but the huge area of effect, the almost guaranteed stager and the almost guaranteed removal of target shields is amazing. It's almost like a grenade.

The damage option would then be damage/efficiency/target of choice (I'd say armor), and being able to put out three shots at high output can do a number on any resilient target or group of targets. Theoretically mixing area and efficiency, or damage and knockdown, would be workable but those combinations really don't work so well, with exception of radius/efficiency/shield damage when a press gang of hunters or phantoms come your way. More blasts means more chances to escape.

Finally, phase disruptor is a trick power. It's a terrible power to use in the first five levels, and you get more out of using say, a single point of biotic slash and the rest of your points in N7 Slayer training (or fitness, I haven't ruled melee out yet, not entirely), and pickin up phase disruptor when you are able to carry a decent gun or boost your powers enough to matter. But going from 1-20, you'll pick suboptimal choices just to survive the next match.