New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

"We will find this man, but won't it be a better display of power if he must face the justice of the thieves here? We will bring him back alive to face the consequences of violating his vows to your mighty guild.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bring him here if you must. I will kill him myself if you are to weak to do so. He is a human named Oster you will most likely find him in at the docks. Watch out for Valthellis's men, they do not take kindly to us. It is like they can smell us coming. The bugbear will show you out if there are no other questions." The crowd shouts with glee with the prospect of another grimy death.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2012-05-24 at 12:24 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Actually... I have one. More of a request than a question though.

Do you happen to have any spare blades?... maybe even some leather? Seeing that the toll we owe for passing was only a few silver and the task set before us worth much more, it doesn't seem too far out of line for you to provide a few armaments..
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Snakrab snorts at the comment, "You are not gaining passage for this task but rather invitation in to our brotherhood. I think any thief worth his salt can find himself a blade and a few silver rather easily...are you not a good thief?" The crowd laughs at his comment and cheers.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

5. - Top - End - #95

Spoiler
    Show
    concentration check for Jadzik to keep his cool and not get himself killed in an angry outburst. (1d20+4)[10] I'm guessing DC15, he's tired and this guy's arrogance is on his last nerve.

Starting to lose himself into his rage, Jadzik tightly grips the makeshift sap of a boot heel. F@#$%*g rat faced bastard. I'm going to drive a blade clear threw his $#*%ing skull.

On the verge charging at Snakrab, Jadzik releases his meditative focus, a safety valve to his rage. With clearing a part of his mind, he is able to reassert control over his emotions. Quickly blinking twice, he takes a breath and recomposes himself.

With a wry smile, A good rogue never passes the chance to get something for free. We’ll manage.

Spoiler
    Show

This was all mostly for a little fun and flavor. Failing the check, he spent his psionic focus to regain himself and take a 15 instead of a 10 on a second check. Psionic Focus
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-05-24 at 02:27 PM.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

6. - Top - End - #96

Lil' Edward

I guess it's time to leave.

Edward turns back letting the bugbear head them back to surface.

I don't like this, I don't like this at all. For the price of a silver we are heading to very much our death. Valthellis is well known for her power in the docks. This guy is probably there hiding from Snakrab under her protection.
    We are being completelly used for provoking Valthellis without Snakrab making an official move...
    "... and who wants to join this crap band of losers anyway." thinks Edward aloud and continues mumbling grumbles a couple of minutes more.

7. - Top - End - #97

PirateGuy

Trent is keeping an eye out for an armory, or any easily pilferable supplies. He will whisper to Lilella and Edward to keep an eye out as well, once they are out of casual hearing distance.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot (1d20+6)[21]

If anything is lying around and no one can see, Trent will use a mage hand spell to acquire small items (a bow for himself, arrows, daggers for the rogues, etc.) Anything less than 5 pounds that could be useful.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

8. - Top - End - #98

As he calms down on the way out Jadzik regains his focus. Once clear of Snakrabs men Ha, join them... that @$$ just signed his own death warrant. He just made it my personal mission to end him. I'm more inclined to hit the docks and offer my services.... ... at a price.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

The bugbear turns and leads you out of the large room. Trent sees many broken and discarded objects along the path, much looks like junk than anything worthwhile. Upon reflection, he is not surprised that there is little of worth scattered around, this is the sewer and the inhabitants of Snakrab's gang are petty criminals without out much coin or belongings. Most of the men in the room had little possessions on them but sewage stained clothing and maybe a knife (made out of metal if they were lucky).

The pathway twists and turns through several tunnels; it was easy to get lost if one is not playing close attention to detail. Finally, the bugbear reaches a grate at the end of one tunnel. He pushes it open with a grunt and turns to the party, "Here you go, freedom. When you find the man, bring him to any sewer entrance, we will find you and bring you all to Snakrab..." His voice trails off with an indifference. He turns and walks back into the dimly lit sewers.

You look outside of the grate, it is raining heavily you can hear it pattering against wood near by. It is still night outside and this tunnel exits below the docks. The tide is out in the bay allowing for an exit from this tunnel. You see areas where you could climb up the dock supports to the boardwalk above (DC 10).

[100 XP for escaping the sewers]
    Last edited by crimson77; 2012-05-24 at 06:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Lil' Edward

Edward goes outside and let the rain clean his stinky clothes.

Once the bugbear is nowhere to be seen he talks to the others.
    "Well, I think we should end the night in some tavern."

11. - Top - End - #101

PirateGuy

Trent will cast a cantrip to clean up everyone's clothes, and take 10 on the climb check (for a 14)
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella shyly thanks Trent, turning to address Edward. If we would be so lucky as to avoid the notice of the Wharfrats while we cross their board walk, I would be happy to sleep in an alley way. Something tells me Valthellis won't miss noticing us cross her turf. She casts a sideways glance at Ort.

What does the group wish to do? We need to figure this out before we attempt to cross the docks, or else we might have trouble. Personally, for some reason a group of fishy pirate wanna-be's are more appealing than a bunch of poopy rats. What exactly does anyone know about Valthellis? Is she really all that bad compared to what we just went through?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    F - Elf Rogue, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Short Bow (20 Arrows) (1d6, x3)
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Decorated Cutlass (1d6, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

As he exits the sewers, Ort seems glad to be free once more.

"Well I don't know about you all but I have no intention of killing this Oster fellow. Now perhaps we can find him and warn him or something, however I must agree that a night in a comfortable bed would be a much requested change. Being flat broke however may make that a problem. Also, before I do anything for or against Snakrab, I very much wish to go visit my mother."
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-24 at 09:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

AC12, HP19

Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

14. - Top - End - #104

Lil' Edward

Edward breathes deeply as he listens Ort talking about his mother again.
    I guess we have to do it sooner of later...

"Lilella, I think we can walk safely. They don't know we are here and even if they notice us we are not a threat, at least now. Ort has been far away from Waterdeep long enough for nobody to recognice him, and he has the right to visit his mother." He looks at the rest of the group.

"Let's go now, we will figure out what to do after that."

Edward starts walking without talking much. He leads the way the best he can to avoid problems using his knoweledge of the city, he walks about 20 feet before anyone else so he can check obstacles better. At a certain point he crosses through the west graveyard as if it were a shorcut. Suddenly he stops, making a signal for the group to stop. "Ort, come here."

Once Ort goes near Edward he sais "I've been trying to think the best way to tell you this since we met, but there is no good way." Edward points at the wet tombstone with dry flowers by it's side, right before them. "I'm sorry..."
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-05-24 at 10:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

The rain continues to pour down on your heads as you stand in the muddy graveyard. The small graveyard is empty except for the group. Jeff bows down on one knee in the mud and offers up a silent blessing for Ort's mother. It is like the everyone in the group is waiting for Ort's reaction.

16. - Top - End - #106

Solemnly, Jadzik asks "Ed... How did it happen?
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-05-25 at 12:51 PM.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

It takes Ort several moments to even realize what he is looking at. He stares in mild disbelief for a few minutes before walking closer to the grave stone. Without making a sound, he drops to his knees just in front of the stone and gently rubs over the words with his fingers. As he realizes the depth of the reality, anyone standing nearby could hear him faintly weeping. After a moment, Ort wipes his eyes and slowly stands. He then looks to Ed questioningly. With fresh tears still forming he speaks in a very soft yet incredibly powerful voice.

"How long and how far I have traveled so that I was not here when my own mother left this world. Please tell me if you know, how did she die?"

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

18. - Top - End - #108

Lil' Edward

Edward's heart hurts like hell seeing his childhood friend broke. He wait there, silently while he cries the death of his mother.

Then Ort stands up and asks him the feared question. I can't lie to him now.

"Some months ago she was reported missing. Her body was found two days later in an alley of the north district. It seems some bandits killed her when she resisted to be robbed."

Edward's voice contrite. "I tried to trace them back. I tried to find out who did it for weeks, but nobody saw nothing, nobody knew nothing, that means they are being protected. I tried... I tried... I'm sorry."

19. - Top - End - #109

Knowing that Ort will want revenge, Jadzik asks "I guess we'll have to ask a little bit harder. How many 'guilds' does wardered have that work that area? Expressing some sarcasm on the title of guild. I'm sure if we press hard on one of the smaller gangs they'll give up who did it... or at least who's protecting them."
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeff nods at jadzik's comment, "Someone somewhere knows something about what happened."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm sure just about anyone in the alleyways or pubs can point us in the right direction, with a bit of encouragement. she steps forward and pats Ort on the back. Come on guys, lets get out of the weather for a bit and see if we can find any leads.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a calm and subdued complacency, Ort nods at Lilella's advice and slowly starts to pad off away from his mothers grave. For as sad and hurt as he appears, anyone that knows what signs to look for can tell that a fire had been lit inside the heart of the big half orc. The inferno that could come from it will likely not be sated any time soon ...

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Ort leaves the graveyard he starts to walk without thinking. Still caught up in himself and the mistakes he has made, he walks without caring where he goes. As fate would have it however, he begins to walk in a direction that starts to feel oddly familiar. As he walks, Ort can be seen to occasionally wipe away a fresh tear. Suddenly with party in you're, he stops to take note of where he is. Without much hesitation he turns to Ed and asks

"My mothers home, my home, what had become of it since she .... since she was murdered? Is it still there even?"
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-26 at 07:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

24. - Top - End - #114

Lil' Edward

Edward follows Ort quietly, not daring to say anything else.
    When Ort speaks he is almost surprised. "Well... there was nobody arround to take care of it, and I was too busy looking for clues in the streets. I guess it is now some sort of hobos hide- "

Suddenly Edward realizes it "Of course! Nobody knows you are back, nobody will look there for us."
    *Glup*
    "... If... you don't mind, of course."

25. - Top - End - #115

With a satisfied expression, This is acceptable Ort. We'll stay there the night to collect ourselves, and in the morning we start out in our search for answers and justice. Jadzik then looks at the others. Tomorrow Ort, Ed, and I set ourselves on a personal matter. You are welcome to join us for the night. You all seem quite capable and we could use as much help as we can get, but if you choose your own path we will all understand.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Indeed, you are all most welcome friends in my mothers home. However, we cannot get ahead of ourselves here. If there are indeed squatters of ill repute now taking residence there then it is unlikely that they will leave willingly and they will need to be evicted."

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella nods at Jadzik, I will be happy to help, I have nothing better to do. She gives Ort a sideways glance, thinking about what it must be like to lose a parent. As the group begins to move again, Lilella slips into the shadows and follows, not willing to be in the center of a fight, if there is one...

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls
    (1d20+9)[15] hide
    (1d20+9)[11] move silently
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

You wind through the empty streets in the rain pouring down on your heads. You reach Ort's mothers house with little trouble. The small one roomed home looks run down from months of failed upkeep. The windows are broken and the door is ajar leading you to believe that it is not vacent.

29. - Top - End - #119

PirateGuy

Trent will sneak up to the window to look in, trying to see if there is anything dangerous inside.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently (1d20+3)[15]
    Spot (1d20+6)[24]
    Listen (1d20+6)[24]

Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

The inside is filled with trash and smashed furniture. On the floor you see two bodies that appear to be sleeping; however, you cannot tell what race they are.