New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

"Me is called smells funny. That is lumpy. We from black tree tribe. We no want to die by you or gang. Let us go and we leave town."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella smiles coldly. You had the chance to leave town before we got here. Why are you here? (waits for an answer) You made the wrong choice. Now you will do what we say. She looks at her cleared out bedspace longingly.This is taking too long...and I don't like being kept from my sleep. If this lasts much longer I'm gonna start poking him to see him dance... He's already lied once, and what he just said doesn't seem to make logical sense. Maybe pain can get straight answers out of him... She grips the shank tighter.

Spoiler
    Show
    rolls
    (1d20+1)[9] Sense motive
    Last edited by AngelEyes23; 2012-05-31 at 06:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    F - Elf Rogue, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Short Bow (20 Arrows) (1d6, x3)
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Decorated Cutlass (1d6, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Trent takes the group aside for a whispered conference, except for Ort, who is still guarding the goblins. He pitches his voice so that the goblins cannot overhear him.

In elven
    I'm not saying we should trust the goblins, but we did just break out of jail. Getting out of the city is not a bad idea. We need to make some quick coin so we can get supplies, but then we should leave before the guards notice we look like a group that used to share one of their cells.
    Last edited by Quakes; 2012-05-31 at 06:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

"Me here for coin. Me wait for dock gang to forget us and then we steal boxes for sewer gang. But me no trust sewer rat mans. They all look same. Me come here to rest. Me should have left city. Me want coin more. Me forget this place for coin?"
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know for a fact that Ort won't leave till his mother is avenged, and I won't either.(in elven)
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-05-31 at 07:39 PM.
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the group confers without him, Ort maintains his guarded stance over the goblin. As the goblin finish speaking, a thought occurs to Ort.
    "You seem to like coin very much yes? What is it you would do with more con if you had it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

AC12, HP19

Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

In elven
    It sounds like the ones were after was those stinking rats in the sewers, we could go hang out in one of the tunnels and pick them off, the guard obviously never goes down there. Once we're done, we can skip out of town till the guard finds someone else to worry about. Any ideas on where we can get weapons and armor?
    Last edited by AngelEyes23; 2012-05-31 at 09:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin responds to Ort's question, "More coin more ale and maybe sword."

9. - Top - End - #159

Haa... After we clear this city of all their sewer garbage, we'll likely be given an award from the city council. That insane Snakrab has already tried to test my resolve. I hope it's his people that did this... I would love an excuse to push a blade through his throat so no one has to hear him talk again. I don't know the city, I'm not from here. I was transferred to that cell just hours before you came in. Ed may know were we can acquire some stuff... Hey, where did he go?
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-06-01 at 12:41 PM.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin perked up with the name of the sewer gangs leader, "Snakrab, he bad. He do bad things. You work with him? Me hear that he send men to kill old lady cuz she was short a silver coin on her loan. He inforcer for loan shark. Me hear loan shark turn up dead too when he tell Snakrab that he no need to kill customers. Snakrab bad. Me stay away from him. Work with Ratman I do."

11. - Top - End - #161

Back in common: What? The rats don't work for Snakrab? Was the old lady the one who lived here? Goblin, you seem to know more than you let on. You're safest way out of the city is to help us. Otherwise, we're likely to sell you to the "dock gang" for their information about the rat men and the woman who used to live here.

[OOC: No bluff role because he isn't decieving]
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

"Rats don't trust no one. Rats use him like he use rats. Woman maybe live here. Me no no. Snakrab think he control rats but only rats control rats and rats like to kill rats for more power. Maybe there is reason he still alive surrounded by rats. Me no no trust rats but sometimes they help. Like help mes find place to sleep."

13. - Top - End - #163

I'm usually opposed to unnecessary violence... but I'm tired, hungry, and frustrated. Lets just kill everyone and be done with it. This way we know for sure we properly brought the killer to justice.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella shudders at the thought of killing the unarmed goblins, attempting to focus her thoughts somewhere else. I would be happy to go and borrow some weapons and necessities for us, but I don't know this area very well. I don't think my neighborhood is too far from here, though. All the shops are closed by this hour. Perhaps the rogue priest would be willing to accompany me and provide assistance? She smiles deviously at Jeffrey.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[7] local knowledge of her neighborhood(she very clearly remembers the food vendor that she got caught by, and perhaps will know of a weapons/armor vendor)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

15. - Top - End - #165

Lil' Edward

Edward sights. "We are all too tired from the recient events. Let's sleep and rest, we will decide our next step tomorrow."

"Let's tie this fellows to themselves so they don't try to escape. I will be doing the first guard."

After tying up the goblins and making room for everyone to sleep Edward moves near the door and spends the night watching closely outside, with his bone dagger at hand reach.

-If nothing happens:
    After a few hours Edward is more a zombie than a guard. He moves violently when he feels a hand grabbing him.
    "Your time for sleep."

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 20 on Rope Use
    Listen (1d20+3)[22]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

After a night of sleep you are feeling more rested and level headed. The goblins are struggling to get free, lacking any rope Edward was forced to use their clothing and whatever else he could find. Part of you is surprised they are still there in the morning.

The goblins are arguing softly in goblin about who got them into this mess and if they are going to die and whose fault it is that they are going to die.

The rain continues to fall outside making it hard to tell the time but you figure it is mid morning.

Lilella
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know of a small vender a little ways from here that might make for a good target.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2012-06-02 at 11:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella struggles not to giggle at the goblins, the first thing she hears as she wakes up. Theyre almost cute! She gets up, looks around, and continues cleaning, attempting to slip the dagger out, tucking it in her waistband, beneath her shirt, without being noticed amidst all her dusting and cleaning motions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[7] sleight of hand
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

[OOC: feel free to roll spot checks if you think your characters would care that Lilella is removing a dagger from beneath the floor boards.]

19. - Top - End - #169

Jadzik was either still asleep or meditating. In either case, he didn't notice.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

20. - Top - End - #170

Lil' Edward

After a much needed sleep Edward is ready for the next step.

"Timmaeus will stay here watching the goblins. The rest of us will go outside to get some money, clothes and weapons. Once we do that we will start asking questions about the guy Snakrab wants to kill and Ort's murder."

Edward waits for eveybody to speak up and then leaves the house. If it is still raining a lot of the tents won't open today ...Let's pay a visit to that old fart warehouse
    Edward guides the rest to a warehouse "We should find clothes here and maybe some food."

He takes a look for guards, workers or the old fart himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[18] Knoweledge local for reaching some warehouse runned by someone mean, evil or that sometime insulted Edwards height.

(1d20+3)[23] Spot, for the people currently defending or working on the warehouse.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

The warehouse is owned by a man who just about everyone in the docks refers to as "the old bastard." He is a disorganized wealthy man who runs the warehouse which supplies many shoppes and stalls around the city. He is tough on thievery but if you can manage to get a box or two then it is generally worth your while. This is because the boxes have assortments of many different things all mashed together. A sword might be mixed with an assortment of dresses and stale bread. The problem is that the place is usually heavy guarded (especially at night) and workers are busy transporting and determining the contents of the disorganized boxes.

As you approach the old bastard's warehouse, you notice that a small shipment of boxes is being unloaded from a small cart. Many of the workers and guards are trying to keep out of the rain and only a few are actually unloading the cart. You can see that at least one box is left on the cart as a few men are discussing something in a covered overhang a little ways away from the cart. The men are about 20 feet from the cart.

The cart itself is a hand cart with two large wheels and is meant to be pushed or pulled. The cart is propped up against a wooden block to keep is upright.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella winks at the group and slips up to the cart, hoping that the heavy rain would provide enough cover to snatch the box without being noticed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[22] move silently
    (1d20+9)[20] hide
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilella moves towards the cart and hides behind one of the wheels. She can feel the mud seeping over her boots but she can now take a quick peep and see the box. The box is quite large, it must weigh around 50 lbs and its dimensions are at a first glance 1 ft x 1 ft x 3-4 ft. There are rope fashioned to the smaller sides to allow for easier carrying.

Lilella cannot hear the guards conversation since the rain is drowning out the sound of their voices.

24. - Top - End - #174

Lil' Edward

Edward moves in the opposite direction of Lilella's hiding, ready for causing a diversion if the three men happen to notice her.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward sees that the men seem not to have noticed Lilella move to the cart. They are just talking and smoking tobacco from long cigars and blowing the smoke into the direction of the cold rain.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella slips up on to the cart, grabbing the ropes on either side of the box, the 3-4 foot stretch almost beyond a comfortable width. She them attempts to carry it silently away to the rest of the group without drawing attention.

Spoiler
    Show

Med load:53
    Max load:80
    (1d20+9)[17] move silently
    (1d20+9)[29] hide
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes23 View Post
    Lilella struggles not to giggle at the goblins, the first thing she hears as she wakes up. Theyre almost cute! She gets up, looks around, and continues cleaning, attempting to slip the dagger out, tucking it in her waistband, beneath her shirt, without being noticed amidst all her dusting and cleaning
    Ort sleeps fairly close to the goblins in case they decide to make a break for it in the night. As the morning comes and members of the group start to stir, Ort eventually wakes up. As he first opens his eyes, he notices Lilella across the room just then standing up and seeming to tuck something into her clothing. He thinks little of it at the time as so far, she seems to have gathered quite a few possessions. As he stretches and rubs his eyes to fully awaken, he remembers the small goblins. After Lilella and Edward leave, he decides to have another small chat with the goblin he spoke to the night before.

"Good morning my little captive intruder. I hope you slept well. It seems that I may have an opportunity for you two. You like coin, and for your services I can provide that. Also, should you decide to work for me for a bit, I may even be able to get that nasty Snakrab and those ugly rat creatures off your back. For now though,.just sit tight. I will have to discuss the matter with my friends. Also, you will have to prove we can trust you. However, if you play smart, I could be the best boss you have ever had.

With that, Ort sets about straightening up the house as best he can until the others return. Once he has accomplished as much cleaning as he can manage, Ort turns his attention to the brooch given to him by Lilella. He studies it for some length of time before recalling the night he left. After repeating the events out loud to whoever was caring to listen, he neatly stowes the brooch into his clothing as best he could. Afterwards, he stands up and walks to the door and peers out through the rain asst his old neighborhood.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17] spot check outside. Looking for his friends and whatever else he can see through the rain
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-06-03 at 07:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

AC12, HP19

Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin nods in agreement to his proposed but yet vague plan. He seems to nod back to sleep now that he is still tied up but the majority of the party has left.

The neighborhood has gotten seeder from what Ort remembered. It was never the best neighborhood but it seems that there were many burned out houses now and vagrants hustling. Ort became thankful that his mother's house was still standing and not turned into a burned out husk.

Party

Lilella carefully moves into position and pull on the box but notices that it will not budge. She then quickly looks and sees that the box's rope handle is tied to another rope securing it to the rear of the cart. She can see that the knot is wet and likely stuck preventing this box from being removed during the unloading of the cart. The rope looks sturdy but old covered with grime and is likely been used many times for securing boxes into the cart. Other untied ropes also hang on the back side of the cart.

The box itself is nailed shut making unloading it from within the cart problematic. The box has been painted with the symbol of the old bastard's warehouse - a fox head within the letter "U".

29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spot check to see if I can see what Lilella is struggling with.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[8]

edit: probably didn't see, so never mind =)
    Last edited by Quakes; 2012-06-03 at 10:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

The party can see that she is struggling with something but it would be hard to see unless you are on a roof top of a near by building or can see inside of the cart. The rest of the party is hiding in an alleyway a little ways away so they can see what is happening.