New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Left 4 Dead 2 Rappy Parties: Cleaning up zombies, one custom campaign at a time

It all started with a dream.

...Well, actually, it started with our forums' very own The Linker recording a session of a Left 4 Dead 2 custom campaign I ran. The idea came to us that there are a lot of custom campaigns out there, from the amazing and innovative to the things that want to make you cry out "Why?!"

It is thus that the Rappy Parties started.

Each episode, Linker and I will be taking two friends from the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel as guests along for a zombie-stomping safari through the numerous custom campaigns out there.

The Story So Far
    Questionable Ethics: Thinking With Panels

Tour of Terror: Heading to Europe

Stenches: Something Stinks...

Vienna Calling 1: Just Read the Signs!

Dead Before Dawn: In-Jokes

Warcelona: Spain's a Pain

Night Terrors: This Ain't Your Pappy's Dreamland

Suicide Blitz: Don't Mess With Texas (Coming soon)

One 4 Nine: Tsoukalos (Livestreamed)

Death Aboard: Baywatch (Coming soon)

Maps to Come (Maps we'll be playing in no particular order in the near future)
    Vienna Calling 2 (Once it is released)
    I Hate Mountains
    Haunted Forest
    Blood Tracks
    Last edited by Rappy; 2012-07-11 at 10:25 PM.
    LGBTitP

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Rappy Parties: Cleaning up zombies, one custom campaign at a time

I wanna be a guest in this insane quest-thing!
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Rappy Parties: Cleaning up zombies, one custom campaign at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    I wanna be a guest in this insane quest-thing!
    Sorry, I clarified it a bit in the channel above. As of now, we're only doing it with people I somewhat know from Chocolate Hammer's IRC channel.
    LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Sorry, I clarified it a bit in the channel above. As of now, we're only doing it with people I somewhat know from Chocolate Hammer's IRC channel.
    So... Friendly people who've been members of the community for years, frequent the Steam thread, and play these games on a weekly basis can't join by request?
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    So... Friendly people who've been members of the community for years, frequent the Steam thread, and play these games on a weekly basis can't join by request?
    This is a needlessly confrontational way of taking this. But the answer is essentually yes. Not out of any antagonistic desires or some dislike of forum posters, but because this entire thing is "Rappy + Linker & friends" and those Rappy interacts with the most are on IRC. Furthermore, even people who hang out on IRC are often left out, as there are only two slots up for grabs, and there are a lot of people that want to play l4d2, reguardless on if it is a Rappyparty or not.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    It's... we're... that's pretty basic Let's Play stuff. We're not trying to be rude, but we're just taking our own friends through and making videos of it. Not every Let's Play is a 'take viewers along' kind of Let's Play.

I mean -- speaking ideally, the group of four will be much more cohesive and humorous to watch when it's four friends. If it's "Rappy and Linker and Two People We Haven't Really Played With Before", we won't talk much and won't have as much of a group dynamic as when we play with Phase and Shadow, people we (at least, I) have known for years.

I'm sorry if the impression was given was that this would be a GitP Community Communal LP -- this is just Rappy and Friends. Rappy is not a Steam Thread person -- she hangs out in #chocolatehammer, the IRC channel that just happens to share a hell of a lot of people with the Steam Thread. As such, if anything, this is a #chocolatehammer Community Communal LP.

But if the videos we produce are humorous enough, we'd absolutely love to share them with Giant in the Playground.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-05-12 at 02:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I thought about doing something like this, but "Acanous and Beno run away from two other PCs in the direction of the safehouse while the AI director futilely attempts to keep up" just didn't have a solid ring to it.

Also, if you didn't know, the AI director has a hard time keeping up with a fast party, and it organizes by section, not by player. I've had tanks spawn BEHIND me more often than in front.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    Also, if you didn't know, the AI director has a hard time keeping up with a fast party, and it organizes by section, not by player. I've had tanks spawn BEHIND me more often than in front.
    I didn't know that.

Sure explains why everyone else seems better at the game than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Guess I better get my uncensored account fired up and hang around in chha more often :P I still remember powerstation from back in the day. Good times.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

What is a Powerstation.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

A miserable pile of instagib deathtraps.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

We love you too, Phase.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

13. - Top - End - #13

Kobold

Aww, I didn't frequent the IRC since nobody was on it whenever I was online.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

14. - Top - End - #14

I want to do a powerstation run now. Who else is in? Preferably people who haven't done it.

Oh, and zombies one is needed, as opposed to zombies two.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Check it! The third episode, Stenches, is up. Many, many defibs are used. That really can't be healthy.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

As it happens, I have a post on hand for just this occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    A miserable pile of instagib deathtraps.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Please tell me that you guys are not going to stop once you do your 4th video. I mean, you are even starting to attract people not from Gitp and ChHa.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Please tell me that you guys are not going to stop once you do your 4th video. I mean, you are even starting to attract people not from Gitp and ChHa.
    We are, I'm just currently working out a schedule of the maps we are most likely to do.

Also, I had totally forgotten that Stenches had a randomly "jettison you back" ladder that killed me a second time after the instadeath bridge. That campaign is the second worst I've ever played...
    LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #19

Beholder

It all started with a dream.

...Well, actually, it started with our forums' very own The Linker recording a session of a Left 4 Dead 2 custom campaign I ran. The idea came to us that there are a lot of custom campaigns out there, from the amazing and innovative to the things that want to make you cry out "Why?!"

It is thus that the Rappy Parties started.

Each episode, Linker and I will be taking two friends from the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel as guests along for a zombie-stomping safari through the numerous custom campaigns out there.

The Story So Far
    Questionable Ethics: Thinking With Panels

Tour of Terror: Heading to Europe

Stenches: Something Stinks...

Vienna Calling 1: Just Read the Signs! (Coming soon)

Dead Before Dawn: In-Jokes (Coming soon)

Maps to Come (Maps we'll be playing in no particular order in the near future)
    Vienna Calling 2
    Warcelona
    I Hate Mountains
    Haunted Forest
    Silent Hill
    Night Terrors
    Death Aboard
    One 4 Nine
    Suicide Blitz
    I wanna help with Silent Hill ... it is an awful, awful map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

20. - Top - End - #20

Would you believe there's a new Rappyparties done?

...Well, you should, it's linked in the first post! Vienna calls, we answer, and DEATHWATER appears.
    LGBTitP

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Number four is up! Vienna Calling ahoy! Europe all day, erry day.

Edit: Er, yeah, that. I had this post written and forgot to, uh, post it. For a while.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-05-23 at 10:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

That video was awesome! I had no idea Emlyn was followed around by so much Karma!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #23

Emlyn really likes water it seems.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Ba-dam! Dead Before Dawn is up. Probably about the best campaign you'll see in here.

Edit: Changed link due to re-uploading it.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-06-01 at 09:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

What did you re upload it for?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

I forgot the title card at the beginning. It wasn't a huge deal, but I figured it was early enough that I could get away with it -- no large number of dead links, etc. So I decided to sacrifice three likes and a comment to fix something that would end up bothering me forever.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Well, turns out I'm easily amused as well.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Warcelona is up! Only 6 and a half minutes long. Kind of bite-sized.

29. - Top - End - #29

While Linker didn't post the update, Night Terrors is up!
    LGBTitP

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Uh... oh yeah! That thing.

I did my signature, but not the thread. Woops.

Edit: Wait, I didn't do my signature. OK, I really really thought I did my signature.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-07-11 at 10:40 PM.