New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [NEXUS] MagCave V: Tilt Your Head, and the Thread Number and Colon Look Like a Face!

Every evil genius needs a place of relaxation and quiet, a place to horde his stolen loot, a place to scheme and plot. For Magtok, this is the MagCave. Drilled into the side of Mt. Enn, it serves as his base of operations, living quarters, garage, and workplace. It holds damned damsels in distress, places protagonists in perilous predicaments, and is quite likely the fanciest-looking fortress in all of the Nexus. As a matter of fact, it is the fanciest-looking fortress in all of the Nexus. Yes, even better than your lame fortress.

Magtok isn't exactly the most sane or typical of Nexus residents though, and thanks to MagCorp's riches, it definitely shows here. There are rooms and hallways full of terrible monsters and hideous half-breeds concocted through twisted experiments, ginormous statues made in the vain super-villain's image, deathtraps at every corner to keep out unwanted visitors, and enough fancy laser guns, loyal robot minions patrolling everywhere, and rows of cloning tanks perpetuating the cyborg's existence to make even the mightiest of comic book villains jealous. This is Maggy's castle, his mansion, his military headquarters, research laboratory and surveillance station all wrapped up into one sinister package. Beware all ye who enter, for here be Magtoks!

Update: The MagCave is currently hosting a wild party for some reason, and its staff and owner is trying to figure out exactly who started this thing, and how best to make them violently pay for their crime.

Newer Update: Things have slowed down again, and Maggy isn't particularly busy here at all. The Gambling League of Gambling is definitely occupying most of his attention, though.

Newer Newer Update! - The MagCave's security is now considerably more deadly, thanks in part (okay, thanks entirely) to a wide variety of upgrades Pat (the ant-lady girlfriend thingy) has made to her hive-mindy thing. Attack at your own risk. Also, Riss is a Magtern of sorts, there's a squad of three incredibly unMaggy MagClones cleaning up failed experiments every now and then, a clone is off somewhere on a date with a goddess of Death, and someone inexplicably added what looks an awful lot like a life-size, carbonite-frozen Charles Barkley to the trophy room when nobody else was looking.

((Note: The MagCave is a sort of public secret, like Area 41. It's a rather isolated locale, paranoidly watched over and guarded by a quarter-mile of security cameras. It's simple enough to find if one knows where they're going, and nearly impossible to locate if you're looking for "That cave by those mountains somewhere, maybe at the bottom".))
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave V: Tilt Your Head, and the Thread Number and Colon Look Like a Fa

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riss' Quarters - Inner Room

For a moment, it seems as if Riss' efforts will go unrewarded, but with enough shaking Misha will stir, taking a moment to yawn and stretch interestingly before opening her eyes and seeing Riss looking down at her.

"Oh, good morning. Sorry." Well, the first words out of her mouth certainly aren't promising. It's fairly clear that whatever happened last night to get her into this predicament, Misha is at least cognizant of what happened.

"So did you sleep well?" There was something about a plan to make Riss sleep better and feel more comfortable, but Misha would be damned if she could figure out how getting into her bed would help that.
    "Yes. Very well, actually." Riss said, glossing over the whole 'you are in my bed' thing. The waking up part was.. Interesting.. But the actual rest was good. The muse would give a slight squeeze of Misha's shoulder before letting go, however. She had to admit, while looking was fun and all, there wasn't really anything to be had on actual, tactile senses. It was like clean air after breathing the same batch of recycled stuff after weeks on end. Or maybe it was like the first taste of fruit after years of eating those processed nutrient slabs. That latter one was probably closer. Too bad there isn't really a way to savor it after the fact. I mean, fruit has juice at least.

Pulling away, Riss took a moment to stretch as she opened up several programs utilized for varying stages of project design. You know.. Water turning into a person of equal mass.. Formless fluid to a solid form... I think I've got an idea. Suppose I replace water with air and create a loose group of sorts that can retract.. Or, no. Wait. Several arms so as to have a variable form but retain the ability to disperse..

"So, um. Are you hungry or anything? the muse asked, starting up the first of what would be many simulations. "I've... Managed to save a few things at least." And I'm not gonna tell you how hard it was to save even that much for you.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave V: Tilt Your Head, and the Thread Number and Colon Look Like a Fa

Oh, well then whatever she did must have worked. Misha runs a hand through her hair as she notices Riss' hand lingering just a bit on her shoulder and smiles brightly, "That's fine, I don't really need to eat. S'there anything else you want to do, or talk about?" Misha seems to be fairly groggy first thing after waking up if the yawns she's stifling are any indication. It's a good thing she doesn't do it all that often.

"Maybe you could take a shower, and if you wanted I could help wash your back?" That would be the logical next step really. If Riss can get comfortable with touching Misha, she should now try getting more comfortable with Misha touching her in return.

Being able to rub a pretty girl's back has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-13 at 12:24 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #4

[Riss' Quarters - Inner Room]

The moment Riss heard that Misha wasn't hungry was the moment the delayed sentencing on an apple and a bunch of grapes was cast. Both were gone in the span of five minutes with nothing than the slight inklings of a smile to show of their existence at all. "Ah. Now that I'm thinking of it, I never did answer you last night when you asked." the muse said after sucking the sticky apple nectar off of her fingers. "Name's Clarissa Heln-Gelter." Riss said, using her full name. "...Would rather just be called Riss, though. I-I mean, if you want to call me something else then that's fine and all.." But I would prefer that to anything.

Misha's second question gave her some pause. "Well. It's not that I.." she started to say before her mind started to wander off the beaten path. I'm fine on that front for now. Well, I do feel a little... off still but.. Well, I don't technically need one but this would help me acclimate. I mean, at the very least I can always tell her to stop and.. But I don't really need to right now.. At the same time.. Okay. Stop all this back and forth. You are just in the design phase right now. You don't need to be actually working on something. She's wanting to help and, given that she appears to have such an affinity for water, she's possibly disguising some requirement or something. Maybe it's just a point of embarrassment? I know I've got plenty of those at least. Even if not, she's still wanting to help so denying that is just a retreat. This isn't something I can do on my own anyway and I know it isn't going to be easy so.. Well, the opportunity is here and maybe cleaning up will help with the freaking out given how gross I normally feel. And again, if not, I can always just tell her to stop... Not to say there aren't going to be any enjoyable things about this at least.

"..That's.. Uh.. Well.. If you think that would help." Riss finally said. Kinda wastes the point of getting dressed earlier, though. A minute later found the day's clothes neatly folded at the foot of the bed and Riss feeling somewhat self concious about herself again as she stood in the corner of her room. Sure, it was easy to ignore during an emotional outburst but.. ...And I think I might be just a bit more jealous of her now. "Um.. So.. Do I just stand here or do I need to do anything or..?"
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-05-13 at 12:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Misha walks over to Riss, moving around her until the nereid is facing her back, hands outstretched.

"Just try to relax, alright? If me touching you gets too odd, just say something and I'll back off for a while. We can try again later, when you're ready." That said, Misha reaches out with a delicate hand, not having any sort of cloth to put between their skin, and just starts rubbing Riss' shoulderblade. She'll watch for any discomfort at the contact before setting the other hand down a bit lower of Riss' back and doing the same thing with it.

For a while that will continue just gently rubbing Riss' back in various places until Misha feels like both of them are ready for the idea she woke up with. Slipping her hands up under Riss' arms, Misha tries to press her entire body against the muse and then just as quickly turn into water, manipulating herself until she's completely encased Riss' body up to her neck in a film of swirling water.

This should certainly prove interesting, if not terrifying. Misha certainly does have ideas about the best way to get clean.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

While Archimedes wouldn't expressly know that Mimi would have stated similar things about what would amount to 'normal' people, the A.I. had already inferred that, from her mannerisms and dress in comparison to her general surroundings, that her idea of 'normal' was likely going to be rather different. 'Normal' was a subjective thing after all. "Well, if it makes any difference, I'm probably pretty different when compared to most people regardless of the demographic chosen." It came with the territory of being a mechanical intelligence.

"But what are the other people you know? Would you mind telling me more about them?" Archimedes asked. What Mimi wouldn't see is the A.I. setting up a wiki page dedicated to Mimi and her clan. At least, assuming she had one. The A.I. was fairly certain in this respect but solitary Fae were just as common.
    "Mostly just a bunch of other pixies. They're kinda nuts sometimes. Always going on about killing things and eating their bone marrow. I don't even like bone marrow. Just the meat is fine. Some of the feed's gonna be meat, right?" Mimi seems to realize that she's wandered off topic and quickly adds. "But, uh, yeah. We live one the edge of the Weald and hunt and stuff."

7. - Top - End - #7

The muse lightly flinched at Misha's first touch but managed to relax with a bit of time. Gripping the rails hanging out from the walls did help a bit though. Of course, that was what they were there for. Or at least something to hold onto when standing on a wet floor. Falls in the shower could be rather dangerous if not just painful.

Riss managed to keep any further reactions to a minimum by closing her eyes and focusing on regulating her breathing. Well, that and Misha's attentions. Okay, mostly the latter there right now but the former is helping. Alright. I can say stop whenever I want. This isn't as bad as you first expected and you're dong much better than you've ever thought. And of course the perks aren't bad either but I'm not sure I'm able to fully enjoy them. Not yet at least... Though, that's still a ways off. But.. If I can get comfortable to this.. Well. Small steps. I can try to really push myself later. Heck, I'm doing that a little bit now but I'm managing. Have to admit, this was a good idea, though. It is helping things at least.

It would likely be a little while before Misha's plan was enacted. Certainly long enough for the neriad to come across the various knots caused by stress and tension. It might be a bit of a wonder just how the muse tolerated them. At the very least, it might give her another idea. Regardless, Riss eventually found herself to be almost as calm as she might be outside the circumstances but was quickly shaken out of her pseudo-reverie by Misha's sudden transformation into a mass of water. Certainly startled, the muse let out a cry of surprise as she opened her eyes to take inventory of the matter. Okay. What the hell? This is not what I was expecting. Is this a joke of some kind? I mean, what is she trying to do, make me lose it? ...Well.. I'm.. Okay.. A little shaken but.. Alright, much more than that. I'm just glad I've got a railing here. Hell. Just breathe for now. Don't freak out. She's not doing anything else so maybe it's just.. Okay.. Just breathe. Focus on that. Just that. The sudden change had definitely shocked the muse but she appeared to be holding on to herself for the time being. Though, depending on what senses Misha had, she would probably feel Riss' pulse take off as the muse's breathing shortened and became more audible over the sound of moving water. Needless to say, she was holding on to the shower railing as tightly as she could.

[Riss' Quarters]

"I see." Archimedes said, taking down every bit of information, even though it might seem rather flaky to a 'normal' person. Though the carnivorous diet was good to know about. There was probably some time to amend the order before a meal was delivered at least..

"So, this 'Weald.' What is it exactly? I've never been there so do you think you could explain this to me as detailed as you can be? If it helps, just pretend I'm some fool who doesn't know the sky from the ocean and start with the bare bones." the A.I. let his words set for a moment as he set up the timing for his next statement. "Hah! Bare bones. Terrible pun, that. Sorry but it seems to have just slipped out." of course it hadn't been that at all but some things were done to keep up the facade. If it helped him appear more 'human' then it was for an appropriate cause.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-05-13 at 01:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Um, it's a big forest. Super deadly. Almost everything wants to kill you and/or eat you. There's all kinds of crazy plants and animals too. There's all kinds of faeries there, and they're the nastiest things of all. That's why even we just stay on the edges. The deeper you go the worse things get." Mimi explains in her usual rambling manner.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Entrance

"Don't expect me to go very far. You're probably best equipped to deal with whatever he..."

A pause as she examines the Magclone. She picks him up and slings him over one shoulder, before turning back towards the bloody door.

"Do you have an area where we can talk, or shall I just drag him to the top of the mountain?"

She would prefer to be inside, for reasons of her own, but she's not going to simply yank this opportunity rudely.
    ((reposting for ease of access. That is all.))

10. - Top - End - #10

Misha's sense while she's made up of water are mostly based on the vibrations she can feel through her, turning her body into a giant ear and echolocation instrument. She can definitely feel Riss' increased heartbeat, but sets out to do what she intended in the first place, resolving to be quick about it for Riss' sake.

Riss may feel the water begin to pick up speed and scrub her skin with vigor, intending to get every accumulated scrap of dirt and dead skin possible without the use of caustic chemical baths. The bodily detritus will be collected into a pseudopod and dumped down the drain before Misha slows back down and extracts herself from Riss' body, reforming with her hands placed against the muse's back as she was before.

"Sorry if that freaked you out. I just thought you might feel less oily or whatever if I cleaned you up a bit." Misha doesn't really know how Riss gets the sensation of being oily and having her skin crawl from being in contact with others, so she's trying to come up with a solution, in her own simple way, that might help along the acclimation.

11. - Top - End - #11

[Riss' Quarters]

Well that was a bit lacking in detail. Though, it did paint a nice, general image to focus on, at least. Better to have as many options as possible at least. Though, Archimedes suspected that, while this Weald might be dangerous indeed, it was likely just hyperbole to say everything was out for blood. Likely, yes, but there was always the possibility that it was more true. While it might sound outlandish to a biological intelligence, it would simply be the assimilation of new information for an A.I. such as himself. Such mental flexibility was certainly a perk.

"Now, where I come from, we lack most animal and vegetable resources so do you think I could hear more about those?" the A.I. asked, clearly interested. Or at least displaying interest. Of course, to a curious mind, everything could be interesting anyway.

Riss would try to slide away from Misha after she had reformed. Though she had managed to keep hold of herself, the surprise certainly wasn't appreciated.

Still panting rather heavily, Riss turned to face the neriad with a mixed expression of fear and anger. "Why would you think.. How do you even.. Just give me a minute." The muse held her face in her hands as she tried to bring her breathing back under control. How the hell did she think that was going to be a good idea? It was fine up till then but.. Okay. She was just trying to help but.. Still. Just don't yell at her. I'm pissed off, yeah, but I don't want to think I'm.. Alright. Just calm down now. Just say you didn't like it or something. That should be fine, right? "It's.. If you're about to do something like that again, could you tell me first at least? I-I'm not ready for something like that." Riss said, her voice slightly shaking as she bit back a few, rather vitriolic statements.

Letting her hands drop, the muse returned to covering herself as before. Okay. I think that's enough contact for the time being... Though this probably is the cleanest I've ever been. Still, I'll probably have to explain myself better if she thought that feeling gross was the same as being covered in grime.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Sure!" Mimi will launch into several long and rambling descriptions of various plants and animals. The information is largely influenced by her personal experience with them. Prey animals would be described from a hunter's perspective, dangerous animals and plants from the standpoint of avoiding them, etc etc. It's quite a wealth of information if one can sort through the scatterbrained way of describing them. She certainly likes to jump from topic to topic at the slightest opportunity.

13. - Top - End - #13

Misha backs off, head hung repentantly and a curtain of wavy hair obscuring her face. It was definitely too impulsive for her to do that, not to mention idiotic. She bites her top lip nervously, wondering just how many times she's going to have to apologize for doing stupid things before Riss gives up on her.

"Sorry! I just thought... I don't know what I thought. It just came to my mind when I woke up and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I guess I kind of convinced myself it was for the best, even though I knew you wouldn't like it at first and... bleh. Sorry..." Misha steps back a bit, cowed by Riss' obvious (to her) anger. It was odd actually caring about what another person thought of her, but then so many things about this situation were odd. Deciding to go more than a mile from her pond was odd, and then ending up so bored that she'd stalk someone that was uncomfortable with her presence made it doubly so. She thought she'd have plenty to keep herself occupied, but she ended up overwhelmed and spoiled for choice.

14. - Top - End - #14

PatCave

Pat should find him easily enough. In fact, the moment it looks like she's trying to find her clone, he declares his MagSat monitoring duty over, and promptly calls in the next Magtok to take over as he makes a beeline straight for wherever in the MagCave she happens to be.

"Hi Pat, something happening?"

Entrance

"WAIT WHAT DON'T DO THAT, HE'LL-"

Magtok panics for a moment or two, almost certain Iriel's foolhardy maneuver is about to kill her in some terrible and nasty way. When it fails to do so, he settles down, clears his throat, and tries to pretend he didn't lose his cool as badly as he just did.

"I suppose I can let you into the foyer. It's warded against most incredibly horrible terrible bad things, though. If you're going to do any awful rituals in here, let me know and I'll take some of the security measures down."

Only some, of course. Don't want any Cthulhu-spawn eating the entire mountain or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #15

[Riss' Quarters]

Hopping around topics would not be that much of a problem, all things said. Again, the whole mental flexibility thing. On occasion, Archimedes would attempt to get a few words in edgewise and try to refocus the conversation to define things a bit more clearly but this was likely limited in success.

Of course, this would all likely be stopped when a cart carrying what appeared to be carrying Lau Lau. How Archimedes knew about this dish was a question only overshadowed by how exactly he managed to get the Magbots to actually make it correctly and deliver it in the first place. He certainly wasn't going to tell, though, it seems.

"Ah! There it is! Been long enough I suppose. I hope everything ends up to your liking." the A.I. said. Perhaps he had a bit more to do with the actual preparation than he was letting on...

Oh no! No I didn't mean for... Oh hell, she's hurt. Why do I have to be so stupid? I mean, hell, I try my best to not be angry and that did about as much good as if I slapped her across the face... Alright, I said I was done with the touching for now but a quick exception might help here. There was some initial hesitation on the muse's part still but she would try to brush back Misha's hair with one hand and gently push her chin upward with the other. It would end rather abruptly once Misha appeared to have the right idea but hopefully it would get the message across.

"I didn't mean.. I know I sounded angry and.. Honestly still am but ignore that. Um.. Oh crap.. Just making this worse. It's.. Please don't take it this way. I.. It's not that I.. Um." I am terrible at this. "I.. I'm just a bit.. Surprises like that are.. " Spit it out already. "Just give me more time before you do something like that again. Is.. Is that fine?" The muse's tone had shifted quickly toward worry at Misha's reaction. ...I mean, I'm in the right to be a little angry.. Right? I.. That's something that's supposed to happen when.. I'm not out of line am I?

16. - Top - End - #16

Misha looks straight into Riss' eyes when her chin is lifted, relieved but also resigned, "No, I really was in the wrong, this wasn't your fault at all. I just get too impulsive sometimes. I promise though, I won't do anything else to you unless I ask and you say it's alright, alright? I'm really sorry I couldn't keep control of myself." And honestly, she means that. It might be a bit hard for Riss to tell without Aesop nattering into her ear, but Misha knows she screwed up here, and that all she can do is promise to do better and hope that Riss will eventually calm down.

So even though Riss has already sort of forgiven her a bit, she's sticking to her promise of no more of that, at least until Riss can be alright with it.

17. - Top - End - #17

"I.. That's not exactly.. Well.. Alright." Riss said, feeling a bit odd about Misha's phrasing. It sounds like I'm stifling her or something.. Nnnrg.. At this rate I'm probably gonna be about as interesting to her as a pile of gravel. "Umm.. Well.. I'm gonna go get dressed again now.. So.. Yeah.." There really is no easy way to put that in a conversation, is there?

Once dryer as well as dressed and notably less distressed in comparison to earlier, Riss found that there was a problem she hadn't put much thought toward solving. While she could personally just stay in her room and mess around with designs all day, or at least until the simulations came up with an acceptable product, Misha quite likely didn't have a brain that was half machinery and would probably get very bored just sitting in her basin all day. "Um.. Is there maybe something you want to do?" the muse asked. Though I wouldn't particularly mind if you just stood there all day...

18. - Top - End - #18

Misha rolls the idea around in her head. What would she like to do today...

"Want to go out someplace? We could just walk around a bit, see some sights, maybe talk some more. Whatever we think of when it comes to us really." Even when she's idle Misha's always going for her first impulses. Right now they're telling her that fresh air and some time talking to Riss about nothing in particular would be a great day.

19. - Top - End - #19

..Well, I suppose if I stick to designs then I can manage that today. But what if the next simulation works and I need to come back? Wait.. I still have a small backlog so... I guess I can just work on those, then? Right. A few hours wouldn't be too bad, I guess... Wait a second... "Hold on, I've not looked around but, uh, there aren't exactly many places in here to hide clothing. Did you just walk in here naked or something?" And why didn't I think about this earlier? ...Aside from the obvious reason. Okay, she's starting to become a distraction if I don't think about this until now.

On the very likely chance that Riss' suspicions were proved true, she began looking through what was a rather limited wardrobe for something that would potentially fit the neriad. Being of a rather plain build only further hampered things. In the end, there was just a jacket that would still probably be rather tight and... Well maybe she could improvise and make a sort of toga with a few button-up shirts? It was certainly a challenge that the muse had never run into before.

20. - Top - End - #20

Misha's nose wrinkles. Clothes again? "I didn't really walk in here, I was made of water the whole time. Which is really my main problem with clothes. Whenever I change state they always fall off me, and I tend to do that a lot. Not to mention that the clothes they asked me to try on never fit right." The last part she mumbles a bit, kind of embarrassed at that. How is she supposed to deal with clothing when she's proportioned like an hourglass with an extra large top?

"Do we really need clothes for me if we're just going outside? I spend most of my time outside, and I don't get cold." Logical arguments! Not the ones she'd use on Cessie since she doesn't have the excuse of not having clothing's secondary purpose reasonably explained to her with Cessie, but Riss is fresh and ripe for reused talking points.

21. - Top - End - #21

No.. Wait, I could just use the bedsheets if I was gonna do that. No need to mess up what few shirts I do have. "Well... If... Could you just consider it a favor? I mean.. I know I don't really mind all that much but I'm pretty sure other people do. At least, I think Magtok does and I'd rather not do anything to annoy him too much. It's not like I have anywhere else to go and I'd miss out on the resources here too." Riss explained, closing the footlocker at the end of her bed before just stripping off the sheets.

"Though, if I remember this right, I think we can make something that shouldn't have that problem.. Um.. It only has to last till we get out of the cave if they make you that uncomfortable so... Will that be fine?" Of course, the muse wasn't about to touch on the subject of not knowing a thing about actually turning a length of cloth into a makeshift toga. Though, it should be rather simple, right?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

Hopping around topics would not be that much of a problem, all things said. Again, the whole mental flexibility thing. On occasion, Archimedes would attempt to get a few words in edgewise and try to refocus the conversation to define things a bit more clearly but this was likely limited in success.

Of course, this would all likely be stopped when a cart carrying what appeared to be carrying Lau Lau. How Archimedes knew about this dish was a question only overshadowed by how exactly he managed to get the Magbots to actually make it correctly and deliver it in the first place. He certainly wasn't going to tell, though, it seems.

"Ah! There it is! Been long enough I suppose. I hope everything ends up to your liking." the A.I. said. Perhaps he had a bit more to do with the actual preparation than he was letting on...
    Mimi shoots int the air and lands on the edge of the cart. It smells like food! She sniffs it then reaches out the tear a little chunk off and start eating it. She's rather lacking in table manners, but that shouldn't come as a surprise. "This is good." She replies to Archimedes with her mouth full.

23. - Top - End - #23

Oh, well if it would get Riss in trouble with the person who owned the place, then wearing something for a while didn't seem so bad.

"It'll be fine. I can stand to be uncomfortable for a while if it means we can go out. I'll just wrap this around my waist and... fold it over my shoulder maybe?" Misha seems to have the hang of making a toga, but her chest is only barely covered by the way she's arranged it, and she doesn't look interested in changing that anytime soon as she tucks the end in and ties it together.

The question is, who did she know in a past life that taught her to tie togas at all?
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-14 at 11:38 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

[Riss' Quarters]

"Good to hear!" came the pseudo-booming voice, expressing delight. Of course, the actual 'delight' was simply the cataloging of a successful recipe. While, theoretically, such things should be accurate, accounting for different tastes always threw some variance into the equation. For now, though, it was another success and that was fine.

"Now answer when you have a moment but, out of curiosity, just what were you doing when you decided to follow Riss along to here? I mean, if the Weald is as you say it is, I wouldn't want your clan to worry if they've lost you." Archimedes said, expressing some mild concern. It wouldn't matter all that much to him but he was looking forward and attempting to single out anything that might hamper Mimi's 'instruction.'

Riss let Misha take the bedsheets given that she appeared to know what she was doing. "Hm.. Looks nice on you, actually." the muse said after a moment of consideration. A little rough but it'll do. Though, I think she'd look better with a more... What's the word. Reddish orange but not all that bright.. Kinda sedate.. I'll just run a search for it.

"Okay, I think that'll pass. Mind if we go by my workstation first, though? Just need to check up on something." Imp, mostly. Ah, search is done. Salmon? I think that's it. Strange word, though. Oh it's an animal too? Doesn't look anything like the color so.. Oooh color of the muscle. That's just weird. Is there like an 'intestine purple' or something around here too?

Because Archimedes was still apparently gabbing away, as could be told by her headphones still being in their high power state, Riss simply took a minute to transfer the relevant necessary data over to a tiny greyish rectangle which quickly disappeared into a pocket. Though, if Archimedes was still up and about, maybe Mimi was too? The muse had removed all typical surveillance from her dwelling and that A.I. was currently using what sensors she could otherwise utilize so all that was left was to guess. Though, given the evidence, it was rather likely that she was still present. "Hopefully she doesn't say anything.." she murmered as she brought a section of the 'wall' separating the rooms down. Though, given that she hadn't exactly been paying attention when the pixie and neriad first met...
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-05-14 at 10:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Riss' Quarters

Misha smiles brightly at Riss' compliment, spinning in place once so that the muse can see the way it dips in the back, just barely covering her behind.

"I'm glad you think so. I don't mind if you need to go to your workstation first. Oh, just... can you not bring that dog-thing this time? I don't really think it likes me very much." Misha hasn't let on, but her limbs are still throbbing and sluggish from the poison both Imp and Mimi managed to hit her with, diluted by her water form though they may have been. More of that would probably ruin her day, not to mention get her really sick.

When the wall retracts, Misha kindly doesn't mention Mimi's presence, or acknowledge her at all. Maybe if she just slips by while the little pixie is occupied with Archimedes, this wouldn't become another pissing contest.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi shrugs and crams another chunk of meat in her mouth. "People disappear all the time. They're used to it. I'll just have to surprise them when I go back." Hopefully scaring the crap out of all of them at the same time. She snickers at that thought.

Misha might be hoping for too much when the wall slides down. The pixie turns to see what's up. She drops her chunk of meat. "Hey!" She looks around. Where did she drop her spear. There! Mimi flits back over to the chair she'd been occupying earlier and scoops up her weapon. "What are you doing here?!" She demands, gesturing threateningly with her spear.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance to Foyer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "WAIT WHAT DON'T DO THAT, HE'LL-"

Magtok panics for a moment or two, almost certain Iriel's foolhardy maneuver is about to kill her in some terrible and nasty way. When it fails to do so, he settles down, clears his throat, and tries to pretend he didn't lose his cool as badly as he just did.

"I suppose I can let you into the foyer. It's warded against most incredibly horrible terrible bad things, though. If you're going to do any awful rituals in here, let me know and I'll take some of the security measures down."

Only some, of course. Don't want any Cthulhu-spawn eating the entire mountain or anything.
    Iriel walks to the foyer (through the bloody door gap, if necessary) with Needs slung over her shoulder. "Don't worry for my safety; I'm more than capable of surviving more than this mountain could. Worst case scenario... well, if the worst case scenario happens to me we have other problems. I'll let you know when to lower those measures."

She will set Needs down in the center of the foyer, and give him a look over while he recovers his senses... well, as much as he ever has them. She gives him some time, in any case.

If Needs can sense Eldritch energy, Iriel will register as having some. Not enough to be a starspawn, but she will definitely have some.

28. - Top - End - #28

[Riss' Quarters]

So much for hoping... And where did all these pillows come from? And the.. Okay, may have to prepare for some odd questions later. Might just leave Archimedes out to explain himself for me. Of course, this would do nothing for the current situation. "Ah.. Um.. She's fine." Riss sputtered, managing to spit out a quick, trisyllabic sentence.

"Ah-ah! Hey now! Let's not be too rowdy here." Archimedes chimed in, attempting to stop any hostilities. Though, there wasn't much he could really do aside from make the floor into a cage or something if things really got down to it. "Now why don't you put that spear down? Now then, Miss, I don't remember seeing you here before. Are you another acquaintance? A pleasure to meet you by the way! I am Archimedes! But yes, introductions out of the way, or at least mine, is there a quarrel here?" The A.I's last question was directed to both Misha and Mimi as the bearded face looked from one to the other with a lightly stern but curious expression.

29. - Top - End - #29

Riss' Quarters

Misha frowns a bit at the spear brandishes, but aside from some bristling she doesn't take the chance to snipe back, "I'm Misha, and I followed Riss here to lend a hand, mostly because I was kind of bored. You probably didn't notice me, since I can keep a pretty low profile." Misha half-turns to Riss and gives her a secretive smile, sharing the joke again.

"Mimi ended up taking offense to me being around and chucked a spear at my head. I said some nasty things, and it was all pretty awful, so I disappeared so she wouldn't freak out anymore. Sorry about that."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

PatCave

Pat can't help but smile cheerfully when her Magtok finds her. "Well, I finished the new implant for you, so whenever you want to go under and have me install it, just ask. And other than that, our...well, our child is about to be popped open. His growth is as complete as it can be without him being active." She informs him. "Other than that, my Drag-Ant has been finished as well. That one was a bit messy though, so I'm not sure if you want to see it just yet."

Heading to the Entrance

Any security MagBots and MagClones will see a man wearing a tank-top, jogging shoes, and jogging pants jogging his way up the main path. He's quite intimidating looking as he's heavily scarred and rather bulky with muscle. Then again, it's just Edijar. No cause for alarm, right?