New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave V: Tilt Your Head, and the Thread Number and Colon Look Like a Fa

Entrance - Cassius

So that's it, then. It's over. By tomorrow, once Pat is off scouring the afterlives, and Cassius is locked away in the seediest depths of the Remnant HQ, Magtok will be all alone once again. The Magterns, robots, and employees don't count, of course; none of them really amount to much more than mere tools in Maggy's eyes. It's going to be difficult to adjust to, but nothing our poor cyborg hasn't already experienced before. I mean, he does live in a cave. Loneliness, isolation, and overwhelming darkness just sort of comes naturally.

"I'll try to fix as many of the mugs as I can. If there's still not enough left, we'll just share."

Magtok picks up the bag of ruined ceramic, and turns towards the door.

"Do you have a favorite food yet? We'll have that. If not, just pick whatever and I'll see what we can do. For every scrap of food the Magbots cooks burn, I'll kick them in the face. You probably haven't had enough time yet, but on the off chance there's any girlfriends you need to break up with, there's a phone in the foyer. Or boyfriends, for that matter. Not my business and MagSat has better things to look at."

Good luck getting Magtok's approval if you're not the pants in such a relationship, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #722

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave V: Tilt Your Head, and the Thread Number and Colon Look Like a Fa

[The Lime Room]

That.. What? Riss was quite sure she had never once encountered the person before her. And I am quite sure that I would remember seeing her before even without a cyberbrain to aid me. And what's this about something between us? I.. Have no idea what that's about either. Still, she wants to see Charon for some reason.. Easy enough. As the muse went to fetch a clean towel, given that she lacked tissues for varying reasons, she managed to vocalize a rather obvious question, at least to her. "Um.. Do, ah.. What exactly, uh.. Are you wanting forgiveness for?" Really, the muse couldn't think of any person right now that she had any issues with aside from possibly Magtok. But those were less personal reasons and more professional in her mind.

If nothing grand or otherwise highly distracting were to grab the muse's attention in the next few minutes, though, then a quick letter would be tossed into the basket for Charon, explaining the situation as she understood it.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance - Cassius

"Thank you, Halifax."
    Cassius says with all sincerity before turning to his father, walking after him. "I...you don't need to fix the mugs. I can get some more." He offers, knowing that Magtok would probably prefer these mugs anyway, if only for the attached memories of what just happened. As far as significant others go...

A free-spirited young and pretty brunette crosses his mind, as well as a young man, but he doesn't think he'd have to break up with either one of them. Sure, they both liked him and he liked them in return, but he knew he wasn't the only one in their lives. He'd give them a call later to let them know at least, but it wasn't urgent. As for his tastes, he didn't much care who it was. After all, if he wished a child, he could build one much like his mother built him.

Not like it was difficult or anything.

"I have a couple people I can call, but it's not vital. As for dinner, chili or stew or something similar would be fine. And please be a bit gentle on the Magbots. They're rather funny sometimes when they're terribly inept."
    He says with a small smile as he begins to try and figure out what he should bring with him to prison.

The Lime Room

"We spoke online once but I got too frustrated at things and threw the computer, breaking it and never bothered to speak to you again."
    She admits sadly. "I guess I was a bit afraid to." She says as she uses the towel to wipe her eyes.

4. - Top - End - #724

Entrance - Cassius

"Don't. You don't have time to waste getting me a bazillion mugs of all things. And I hate coffee."

He hates coffee, but he's going out of his way to put a whole bunch of shattered mugs back together? That's silly. You're silly, Magtok.

"I'll help get you your keepsakes together if you need any assistance there. Family pictures, stuff from MagMart, whatever. And the Magbots are already working on the chili. Need this specific me, and you can find me in the kitchen, supervising the cooks even though I haven't a clue how food is supposed to be prepared."

He really, really doesn't. It's incredible that he's managed to last as long as he has, delving into immortality and whatnot, when he can't even toast bread by himself without setting something on fire.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

5. - Top - End - #725

The Lime Room

Given that Riss had spoken to very few people online in the Nexus, it was easy enough to determine who it was she happened to be speaking to. "...Pat?" she inquired. As far as the muse could remember, on her side, she was simply having a conversation that seemed to be going well enough. Maybe a little bumpy but not terrible.

"Um... I just.. I thought you were, ah, disconnected or something... Didn't know that had happened. Never asked." she said, giving her side of the tale as simply as she could. One thing did stand out to her, though. "Wait.. Afraid to?" Seriously? I know I'm kind of aloof but I thought people stayed away because of that and because I was awkward. Are people afraid of that or something?

6. - Top - End - #726

The Lime Room

A cloying, roiling mist descends on the pair standing in the doorway, and Imp lets out a low whimper as a familiar scent sets its nostrils to twitching. The shores of the styx have arrived, and their master with them, boat scraping against the raw shale with hollow solemnity.

"Two for the ferryman, for each that would go. There will be no return journeys, those must be arranged on your own." Straight to the point, and without any of his previous ceremony. Charon holds up two silver pence to indicate what he means, and then holds out his other hand, palm up to recieve Pat's fare.

Riss may get the feeling that he is regarding her somewhat oddly from beneath his hood, but other than that he gives no indication that he is aware of her presence. Strictly business then, and rushed business at that.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Lime Room

"It was the big words you used. I knew I was smart, but hearing so many words that you thought I knew when I didn't even know such terms existed..."
    She shakes her head. "It made me feel like an idiot and a child and I couldn't stand it." Pat admits before Charon arrives.

When he does, she looks at him and the coins. "If that is per body, you'll find the appropriate cost seven tunnels below, three to the side, next to the reservoir. I'm bringing most of me. But it'll be tomorrow."

8. - Top - End - #728

The Lime Room

"Then I will take care of the payment once a full tally of the bodies has been taken, assuming it is sufficient to cover the toll. I will return, in one day's time, to collect both it and all of you. For now, I must return to my work. The pile of souls only ever grows. And never does it shrink." With those foreboding words spoken, the mist wraps around Charon's craft as he plants his reed pole against the solid rock of the beach and pushes off, taking his mists with him.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #729

[The Lime Room]

That was not the sort of answer Riss was expecting. But, then again, it probably would be rather annoying not knowing the meanings of the words being used. Still, she waited until Charon had come and gone before saying anything. Even she could read the levity of the situation at hand. Still, she did want to at least say hello but decided otherwise long before the deal was struck. Still, the acknowledgement was rather nice in it's own odd way. "Um.. Well.. Why didn't you ask?" inquired the muse. At least, it was what she would do if she couldn't figure things out from the context. "I mean.. It's not that I would expect you to, um.. Know things outside your specific area of study. I-I mean.. Well.. I, um.. I'm pretty inept at understanding all of this place.. Not just this Cave but all of it so I, ah.. I think I know how that might have felt."

Taking a halfstep back, Riss averted her eyes downward as was her usual preface to the followup "Sorry.. I didn't mean to do that."
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-03 at 11:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lime Room

Pat nods to Charon and watches him go, but when Riss speaks up, she lets out a small sigh, turning around. "I was too prideful to." She admits. Pat could elaborate, but she doesn't. At the base, that was the answer in it's simplest form. She'd been too damned proud to admit she wasn't capable of knowing those terms, and couldn't even bring herself to ask about it. It would have been a weakness to her and one that she would have figured to be too easy to manipulate at the time.

11. - Top - End - #731

The Lime Room

"Oh." came the rather succinct answer from the muse. There was really very little else she could say about that. "..Well, ah.. Right then.." she stammered out, seeking a new topic. Though curious as to why she wanted Charon to ferry her, she felt it best to leave that topic alone given that it wasn't any of her business to pry into. "So.. Um.. Will you be fine, now?" she asked instead. Pat had requested a tissue after all and hopefully she had drier eyes now.

...I should probably hold off asking if she has any data on the biology of this form. Or, hell, any of her potential forms. She is a hive mind after all so that's always a possibility. But now doesn't seem like the right time.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Lime Room

Pat shakes her head. "No, but I'll be as good as I can get at the moment." She admits before speaking again. "Thank you for helping with Charon, but I need to get ready for something. I hope we can speak more again later."

MagDinner => Remnant

Cassius had insisted on setting the table himself despite his mother's protests that she should do it as so-called Hostess, but with limited free time left to him, Cassius had wanted to take advantage of the little things he'd never had had a chance to do before. Even so, his mother's presence was always there, especially with one of her Lesser Forms sitting on his shoulder, watching the work and guiding him along with mental instructions.

Who knew there were so many kinds of spoons?

As complicated as it was, Cassius couldn't help but find a small comfort in the peaceful nature of his work and it didn't take him too long to get all the crystal, silverware, and ceramic set up in the proper places for a few dozen people. When he was finished, he knocked on the kitchen doors before opening them up, allowing all the "Chef"Bots out, carrying the food and drink while wearing their improvised newspaper Chef Hats. Somehow, the silly creatures made the foolish hats work for the occasion.

Only one or two MagBots sported bruises, showing that they hadn't burned nearly as much food as Magtok had been scared to believe might happen. Either that, or these were just the living ones. As long as Cassius didn't question where the meat came from or took a peek into the kitchen, he hoped that the illusion that the two were the only poor chefs in the bunch.

With the cauldrons of chili set, the mountainous platters of peanutbutter sandwiches laid, a cacophony of cakes, and the drinks all ready to be served by the Magtre'd Bots at a moment's notice, Cassius gives a smile and nod to the MagClone just coming out of the kitchen, gesturing towards a seat next to the one he'd take himself. Once Magtok seated himself, Cassius took a moment to straighten his suit and walked right up to the entrance to the dining hall before flinging open the doors to allow his mother and the rest of the MagClones in.

This Pat was her Humanoid form and she walked in ahead of the rest, looking sad, but trying to hide it behind a smile as she took her seat. She decided to dress up for the occasion in a slinky silver dress spun with real silver, if only to make sure her son had a final fond memory and farewell.

One by one, the other MagClones took their seats, Cassius took his last as the Magtre'd filled his goblet with dark red wine. Once it was filled, Cassius stood again, raising his glass and making the others do so with a small nod to them. Once they did, he takes a deep breath before speaking.

"I know I haven't been around for a long time, or even a medium amount or short amount, but I know that there's is a place for everyone here."
    He admits to everyone present. "Tinman may have been the one to supply the material that gave me life, but I consider every one of you my father." He tells them with a smile. "I can't imagine anyone better suited to the task other than you all." Cassius says before raising the glass a little higher in a toast. "You're the best father anyone could have ever asked for, Lord Magtok. I swear that I'll make you proud some day." He promises before taking a seat.

As he does so, a MagClone stands, raising his own glass in a toast...

Before dawn and nursing a small hangover from the party the evening before, Cassius shoulders his pack and zips up his bomber jacket to stand beside his mother and father at the entrance of the Cave. None of the three looked too cheerful at the turn of events, but they knew it was necessary. Even so, Magtok felt that he had to try one last time. "You know you don't have to do this. All it'd take is a call to Missy..." He starts, stopping when Cassius shakes his head.

"Thanks, but you know that's not true."

The MagClone gives a sigh and turns to hug him tight. "It was worth a shot." He admits before he and Pat walk their son to the Riftline and his imprisonment...

13. - Top - End - #733

[The Lime Room]

"O-Of course." said the muse, getting the door ready. Kind of an odd person. But interesting. Rather dissapointing we haven't spoken before but I guess both of us were likely busy in our own way despite what she says. Can probably get the data then if I need to. At the very least it would serve to be some kind of inspiration although I can bet it would be more than just that. Issuing a brief command to Imp, more or less to allow Pat to leave now that she was inside, Riss struggled for a moment with herself before saying: "And, um.. Yes. Talking again would be... Nice." her tones indicating her words were genuine despite the rather disjointed fashion in which they were assembled.

All that aside, though, Pat would be allowed to keep the towel if she wanted. It wasn't as if Riss couldn't get another when she needed to.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Lime Room

Pat turns to leave, but as she walks away, she gives Riss a sad smile over her shoulder. "Yes. We'll have to talk again some day." She promise as she heads off to the Dinner.

PatCave

The preparations over the night were long and ardorous, but not as bad as they could have been a while ago. She had already made sure most of herself was mobile, including the massive Central Brain she grew. Most of the preparations had been trying to find an easy way to transport most of her mass.

She had settled on little hoverpads for freight transport, which allowed her to carry all 458 Puddin' Form eggs and the majority of her Minor-Ant forms. She left a decent portion of those behind though, as her Swarm-Mother self could replicate them if she were given sufficient bio-mass.

Other than that, most of what she had to transport were raw materials. Metal Solutions mostly, but there were plenty of boxes of silicates and oxides that she kept on hand. One by one, she checked all these items off on the list, not even stopping when Charon turns up to take her.

She looks at him and gives the Ferryman a nod. Silently, she steps upon the ferry, hauling the hoverpads behind her. She doesn't stay to kiss another MagClone like she wanted, knowing that if she did, she'd find it all the harder to leave like she needed. Even so, she sends a wave of affection and warmth to the MagClone connected to her Hive. I know you aren't my MagClone, but I love you all the same and wish to thank you for being here for me since the start of this. There have been many nights that I've stayed up pondering what would have happened if I hadn't been born here, but my mind can't fathom such a possibility. Things have been too perfect for there to have been any other choice for Fate to choose. Should I be unable to come back and my replacement is "born", all I ask is that you treat her as you treated me. She wouldn't be exactly like me, as she has no real memories other than of you, so perhaps you can consider her a daughter should she awake.

Thank you for your love, My Lord. I will remember it for all of eternity.

Once the final words have been sent, Charon's mist enshrouds Pat, whisking her away from her home.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere that Morty will need to Specify
    Just Inside the Entrance

A shadow portal opens, and Disguised!Gordon goes through carrying Linda Mann, followed by Magbot 0.75, followed by Winston, followed by Michalson.

Success!

Oh wait, you still have a murdering terrorist cultist on your hands.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-08-04 at 02:33 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Outside

Magtok groans in frustration and presses a hand against his forehead, figuring Applejack is probably right about that. He'll have to find some other way to work around that club-wielding menace, I guess. Maybe find a way to convince Pinkie Pie to keep him busy, and kill two birds with one stone.

"Right, that figures. The deities and sort around here are such bullheaded nuisances sometimes. So what's the plan for things after Rainbow and the purple one get back? Going to do some fancy magical circle thing and go back to Ponyland, or just do what most folks do and give up, adapt to the Nexus, and hope for the best?"

Hopefully the former. Or, at the very least, the latter as far away from the MagCave as they can manage. Magtok has absolutely no intention of running a pony farm on his property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Speaking of Club Wielding Menaces...]

Oh, hey, look, the Cricketbatman is back. He carefully deposits Fluttershy beside Applejack and removes the towel in one swift motion. Might cause some slight discomfort for Fluttershy, but it ensures she will remain untouched by the blood that constantly drips off the Cricketbatman.

And then he turns and throws the towel at Magtok's face. "I believe this belongs to...you. Thank you for lending it to me. It was very useful. And for the record, Magtok, I am far less of a nuisance than...one who so carelessly decides to turn everything in Trog's into a fish." No, the Cricketbatman does not have any intention of letting Magtok forget about that any time soon.

The cyborg has only himself to blame for this, having dared to fishify the Cricketbatman's cricket bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [PonyCave]

Applejack opens her gift and finds inside!

Some sort of crazy hoof-cranked apple coring device. For whatever inexplicable reason there's a Tesla-coil attached to it that will light up and crackle when the crank is turned for the purpose of coring/slicing apples.

Well.

That's certainly neat.

Not nearly as weird as the other gifts, that's for sure.

...or maybe weirder.

Hard to tell with Zee more often than not.

Speaking of Zee!

She's still frowning at the screen the Magbots had carried in. Mostly frowning at where the hole in the sky was previously. "Really bugs me that I don't know who that is..." the FarMaid mutters.
    Outside with Ponies and Jerkfaces

Magtok grumbles under his breath, probably using a few words that I sincerely hope the ponies have never heard before. Pulling the towel off his face, he peers at the blood stains, very quickly burying a very dumb idea in the back of his mind before it can lead to another apocalypse-level disaster.

"That's debatable, Drippy. Speaking of which, I hope you don't think I'm going to let you inside as long as you're oozing like that. Because I'm not."

Bloodstains all over the foyer floor is the sort of thing only gross necromancers and creepy cultists do. Magtok is a villain, but he isn't a totally unsanitary and slimy kind of villain.

[Once Again, With Ponies and Other Things]

Fluttershy is still rather out of sorts and not doing anything of note beyond twitching.

Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, has acquired a garden hose.
    "Doooon't worry, Maggy! I've got this one!"
    Barn-Guy, meet hose. Hose, meet Barn-Guy.

Applejack!
    Applejack is poking at her gift with a bit of confusion.
    It looks...vaguely like like an apple tool?
    "Uh...thank ya and all...though I'm not sure..."
    What it is at all.

But that proceeds to matter a little less as the earth pony notices Fluttershy nearby. Unlike Pinkie Pie, her obliviousness could really only last so long.
    And now she looks incredibly concerned.
    "'Shy!"
    The poor gift is about to get forgotten, as she darts over to her friend.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-08-04 at 11:30 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #737

[Ponies and Stuff]

Zee is still watching!

AND WAIT!

What's this?

Her attention just snapped away in a Gloggery direction! "Well well well, what have we here?"

She sniffs a few times before quirking her head off to the side a bit. "I do believe that's one of the godlings I spied not to long ago! I guess she must have found her way to the Nexus."

Zee then tromps over to a nearby floor lamp and waves at everyone cheerfully! "So long all! I've got to go give a pretty princess the proper Nexus greeting and maybe point her in the right direction! Tootles!"

And with that she steps behind the lamp that she couldn't possibly fit behind. Should anyone check the other side of the lamp they'll find that Zee is well and truly gone.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #738

Just Inside the Entrance

Magtok smiles. It's probably the first time he's had something to smile about in days, and he certainly doesn't want to waste the opportunity. He was almost certain Linda Mann was going to turn up with a mouthful of foam and a cracked cyanide tooth, or a bullet-hole in the back of her head, or maybe even in the form of a pile of scattered bits and pieces after a particularly nasty explosion. Seeing her alive, awake, and quite clearly at his mercy...it's like Christmas has come early, and Santa Claus's evil twin has finally broken out of the North Pole Adult Correctional Facility For Naughty Elves and gotten Maggy everything on his wish list, right down to the shiny purple turbo-sled he'd asked for years ago.

"Linda Mann, I presume? Or is it Linda Healman? Lin, Lynn, Dahlia, or maybe Purity? They all sound like pretty fake-ass made-up aliases to me. Too much emphasis on 'man', if you ask me. Who's the fine gentleman with his arms wrapped around you, do you know? He's certainly not any of my hard-working staff, I would remember a face like that for sure."

Magtok strides right up to spitting distance of Linda, his left hand already raised for the token and entirely predictable act of defiance people seem to love to do in these situations. Or maybe it’s to shield his eyes so he doesn’t have to look at that butt-ugly face. One or the other, I guess.

"Congratulations are in order, I think. I was expecting a corpse to be wheeled in here. Someone should really get some restraints on it though, so poor scaley-face doesn’t have to touch the thing anymore. And another thing, we’re reporting that she died to Remnant, okay? So do that. Wherever you found her, do what you need to make that claim look convincing. Oh, and Linda will be donating her forearm later to make it look extra plausible, too. When it's all said and done and as long as nobody goes talking about all of this in public, you'll be getting double what your Thanksmas bonus was going to be. Any questions?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

Just Inside the Entrance

"I see no reason to help you identify him," Linda says, recovering a little composure. The grenade blast had done its primary job - destroying the records. If she had only pulled the pin while it was still in her pocket, it would have destroyed her and her captors too, but at the last moment, she had rolled it away to give her captors a chance to save her life, and theirs.

It was weakness. She should have known by the presence of the Magbot exactly where they'd be taking her, but life always clings to hope, and she'd had a faint hope that one of them at least was Remnant. In the penal company, she would have been reunited with some of her co-religionists, and eventually had a chance again at freedom.

In Magtok's hands though, her life is worth less than nothing, and will probably be rather longer and certainly more painful than she would want. But it isn't too late to try again. She still hasn't been searched, or properly restrained, and it isn't difficult to get a hand back in a pocket to go for another small grenade.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #740
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just Inside the Entrance

Gordon tries to jerk Linda back when she starts moving her hand. Stay out of your pockets, young lady.

"If you want your justice, focus on her.
    Don't know how ways she has to kill herself."

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

[Just Inside the Entrance]

Will do, boss. And I've no idea who this joker is. He decided to tag along for some reason. The time and place weren't right for arguing, Michalson explains. Looks like our prisoner is still up to some tricks alright.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Just Inside the Entrance

I'd think someone with morphed muscles/claws would be pretty good at restraining someone. Heck I was a bit confused how she got her hands into her pockets the first time when she had two people holding her and the arms/hands are generally what you hold.

But it seems she's going to be a real pain about this, so Magbot 0.75 decides to kick at the back of her knees as well with his one good leg.
    She needs to kneel in front of Lord Magtok, with arms stretched above her in praise.

Winston just offers the brainwashing phone to Magtok. "No questions. I thought you'd want this. She was listening to it when we found her." He then heads off to get some rope or something of the like.
    Oh. Maybe he should have asked what Remnant was. Ah well, maybe later.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-05 at 12:51 PM.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #743

Just Inside the Entrance

"Right. I'll listen to the thing later."

Magtok pockets the iphone thingy, before tapping at his left wrist impatiently.

"Alright, so before she tries anything like that again, we should probably-Oh, here it is."

A pair of Magbots approach, wheeling in an enormous iron cross. There's arm restraints built into it, leg ones too, and even a little battery attached to the back, presumably to electrocute anyone locked into the big ol' torture mechanism. Needless, irrelevant imagery in play, exactly the sort of silly psuedo-symbolism Maggy adores.

"You lot can figure out how to get her into this and empty her pockets, right?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Just Inside the MagCave Entrance

Dayam... Magbot 0.75 can leap up, kick a prisoner, and then land back on one leg. Did you see that Magtok? That's pretty good stuff. Maybe you can make a Magbot Dance Troupe!

There's a pretty sickening (or delightful, depending on your pov) crack as Linda is kicked and then hits the stone floor. She doesn't full out scream in pain, but she's not a stoic or a masochist. It's pretty obvious that that hurt and that she did not like it.

To handwave the boring stuff, Linda is successfully searched and locked to the cross. Probably need to know at some point whether it's crucifixion style, with legs together, or X style, with each limb on a different leg of the cross, but that isn't terribly important for the purposes of the current post.

"Ugh. Should have ... ow!... known you were into ... oh ****... that sick kinky stuff... gah!... Did you and your abomination use this? Which one of you held the whip? Or did you take turns?"

Searching her reveals two more grenades, a tube of lip balm, some monies, a set of keys, a few crumpled receipts. Pretty much the normal kind of stuff people carry around in their pockets or handbags, except for a notable lack of daggers all over her person. Seriously, who walks around the Nexus daggerless? Sick, depraved people like Linda Mann, that's who!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #745

Gordon holds his clawed hand right in front of Linda's face.

"Keep vile to self, or not be as pretty."

You know, if you want a name Magtok, don't ask the help or the prisoner, ask the man himself.

26. - Top - End - #746

Outside with Ponies

Oh look! Saphire's coming back from her race with Rainbow Dash! She's got something in her hands, though, that's odd. And she's holding out out away from herself, flying in a strange, flopping manner to keep it from touching her body. That's odd, too.

Soon enough, she swoops up above the congregation of Magtok and Ponies and Blood-Covered Guy. "Hey! Maggums! I found a weird eldritch goo-thing! Merry Thankmas!" The thing she's holding drops, landing at Magtok's feet. It appears to be a shoe... Or at least, it used to be. What's left of the foot-wear is covered in some sort of orange goo that seems capable of self-propulsion. Saphire's jeans have turned the same shade as well, all the way up to her thighs. Wonder if the two are related? Too late to ask her, though. The fangirl seems to have vanished.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

27. - Top - End - #747

Outside With Ponies

"Wha...what?"

Magtok takes a step back, and blinks, eyeing the shoe-thing with complete befuddlement. What...what is that? And has Saphire bothered to look at a calendar at any point at all this month? It's not even remotely close to Thanksmas!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-05 at 07:50 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

What? No, that's just silly. He was able to hobble in circles before, so he's got one good leg and one bad leg. He kicked with his good one! No leaping involved.

It did, admittedly result in him falling to the ground backwards with a clang afterwords.

Since things are being taken care of and searched and tortured, Winston decides to help Magbot 0.75 up and have the two of them retreat to his room to analyze the data of Magbot's performance during the excursion. Mostly it's an excuse to not see what happens next. He has no real qualms about Magtok doing it, but he doesn't think his presence helps things in any way at this point.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

The dancing Magbot image was so amusing I don't want to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post

Gordon holds his clawed hand right in front of Linda's face.

"Keep vile to self, or not be as pretty."

You know, if you want a name Magtok, don't ask the help or the prisoner, ask the man himself.
    Linda is oddly comforted by being bound in a crucifixion pose. Charlie had left this world in such a posture, though at a time of his own choosing, which she wasn't going to be granted.

As for the abomination who is threatening her, she simply smiles broadly, showing her teeth. Disguised!Gordon's threat is not at all effective. Her looks are hardly a concern at the moment. For one thing, she's never been particularly pretty. For another, she doesn't again expect to see anyone but enemies for the rest of her life. For a third, her voice is now her only weapon. It might be taken from her soon enough, but she'll use it while she can.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #750

Just Inside the MagCave Entrance => MagCave OR

"Let her say what she wants, anonymous reptile. And unless you've got a pretty good reason for still being here, I'm going to have to ask you forget everything you've seen and go home. Thanks for the help anyways, though. Let me know if I can do anything to repay the favor. Michalson, would you mind seeing him out? Kay, thanks."

Magtok pulls out a black marker, and strides right up to Linda, making little dashed lines along her arms and legs, on both clothing and exposed flesh. He circles a few spots, and puts tiny X's on others.

"To answer your question, no. No, the kinky stuff was with the catgirl, not Pat. And even then, it wasn't all that kinky. Just some casual abuse of her powers and mine, several of her and a couple of me...y'know, that sort of thing."

Magtok gestures towards the two Magbots who wheeled the torture device thingy in, and they start pushing Linda along down a hall, towards the restricted access, soundproof, vaguely ominous sort of operating room one would normally conduct the sort of maddening procedures Maggy has in mind. The cyborg follows along, a strange spring in his step as he keeps pace with Linda's infernal crucifix.

"Ms. Mann, let me tell you, it is an absolute delight to have you here. Or should I call you Linda? I dunno, I think I'll just bounce between the two and see which irks you more. Linda, I'll make no secret of it, the rest of your life is going to be hell. I'm going to make it hell, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make it the most hellish hell that ever did hell. What you did to me was completely unforgivable, but more importantly, what you did to Pat was absolutely unconscionable. Feel free to consider this purgatory, because I'm going to slowly bleed every single last sin right out of you.

Oh, that reminds me! One more thing I should mention; if at any point you feel any remorse, suffer any regrets, or indeed, feel any qualms at all about the actions you took, feel free to let me know. If there are secret bases you feel like sharing, names or phone numbers I've convinced you to disclose, or even important plans that you'd like to mention, then by all means, mention them. Hell, even if it's just preaching and stuff at me for being a heretic, that's cool too. Just remember to speak up..."

Magtok steps in front of the cross, walking backwards so he can look Linda right in the face for this. He kicks the doors open with the back of his heel, and pushes them even further apart with his outstretched arms. With him in the way, Linda won't be able to see much as she's wheeled into the room, but she'll definitely hear quite a bit. Buzzing saws, whirring drills, clanging hammers...it sounds like Magtok's turned on pretty much everything just for the sole purpose of welcoming Linda to her doom.

-my equipment can be a little loud."

The noise dies down in an instant, and the cross is wheeled into position. A large mirror takes up the entire opposite side of the room, serving little purpose other than to let Linda get a good look at her own sorry state, as far as I can tell. Behind her, the room looks an awful lot like a hospital operating room, minus an operating table for the patient. There's a few counters filled with medical equipment, some IV bags hung on top of a machine that measures patient vital signs (when it's turned on and plugged in to the patient, I mean), some really bright lights built into the ceiling, other stuff one might expect to find in a hospital OR, and a small drain on the floor just at her feet. No sign of all those whirring machines from a moment ago, though.

"So what do you think? Should we get started now, or would you prefer a minute or two to really soak in the doom and gloom?"

Magtok stands directly behind Linda, in the one part of the room she can't see, even with the mirror's help. Honestly, this is all a little disappointing. He's going for drama, his usual overblown, energetic nonsense, and there's no way that'll work here. People have a hard enough time taking him seriously when he's actually trying to be serious, and that's not at all what we're seeing here.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-06 at 01:45 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson