New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave V: Tilt Your Head, and the Thread Number and Colon Look Like a Fa

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Wherever Michalson Is

Magtok nods, mentally filing away his protests about ever being able to fluently speak that filthy gutter-talk for another time.

"That, and let them know why they're being killed. Dio's doing me a favor, and in return, I agreed to have these people executed, because apparently they used magic to make some follower of his pregnant because they're really freaky and stupid."
    "That makes it a little more difficult. Normally I'd set an ambush and scrag 'em before they know what hit 'em. But I'll manage. Do you know any details 'bout those berks? Capabilities, security, dark like that?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave V: Tilt Your Head, and the Thread Number and Colon Look Like a Fa

Wherever Michalson Is

Magtok passes the list and letter and stuff along.

"They have pregnancy magic and live in a big flying castle over Riverside. That's pretty much all I know, unfortunately. You're free to do as much recon as you want, but the sooner the job is done, the better."

Somewhere in Front of the MagCave

"Almost."

Yes Magtok, that is indeed what Libby said. Quit stalling and figure out whether you're going to count this as a loss or not, would you? Either clones count or don't count (you've had your own here since before the race, right?), and it's either the front door that officially gets observed as a finish line, or just the area about the MagCave in general.

"I'm...I'm just going to call this a tie, I think."

Elsewhere, MagHallways with Sunny

"We could go find some of the 'almost definitely absolutely' infected Magbots and...oh wait, no. Mainframe is the one who decided which ones were which."

Shoot, this is hard. Maybe you should try doing some of this tech stuff yourself for once Maggy, instead of expecting everyone to solve your problems for you. I mean, you'd have some doubts about yourself if you were infected, and since you don't, that means you're perfectly clean and qualified to work on this stuff, right?

"I suppose, if there's a device and an internet connection you're willing to sacrifice, we could contact the AI again and get you the general Linette that's her name empathy feeling thingy.

Entrance with Jeanne

"Pirates. Pirates have the best excuse to stop into a tavern and grab a froth mug or two. Ties into the fish thing too, somewhat."

The priest thingy seemed vaguely amusing, but that one would be significantly harder to dismiss as perfectly ordinary Nexus silliness, wouldn't it? Sometimes the most outlandish costumes are the best way to hide in plain sight, but other times, they're not.

"Oh, and I got the weapon down to pistol size without compromising any of its power or fire rate or anything. There's a couple of them, so we don't have that whole 'two people, one weapon' issue to worry about, either."

The Guest Room

"Right, so-"

Something important. That's what you said you were going to say, Magtok.

"...Nevermind. I'll get to it tomorrow, in the invisible room. Remind me to talk about dragons."

Our cyborg cowardly backs down from whatever he was going to say, apparently concerned about being watched this time around, instead of shamelessly making a huge spectacle of it. He makes it up to his pawn with a brief kiss and a few placating words of affection.

"Just know that I have plans. Big, grandiose, magnificent plans, and that you, my angel, are at the center of them all."

Unless Linda plans to smother Magtok in his sleep with a pillow or something, morning arrives with little fanfare or shenanigans. Not much noise, either. I guess Magtok forgot that alarm clock he promised her.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-09-01 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Hallways, with Sunny >> Sunnylab

Sunny considers this. "A new device, off the shelf. I don't want her to see something of my design."

After whatever relevant timeskippium is needed, Sunny gets set up in her old lab (or a different lab appropriated for her use) with a new computer, with an internet connection that goes through general Nexus channels rather than through Mainframe or MagNet.

She sends out a simple and harmless program of her own to trawl the NexNet that simply says "Looking for Linette. Are you there?"

Entrance

"Pirates it is!"
    Jeanne says. And stands there awkwardly. "So... you going to let me in, or are you afraid I'm trying to seduce you or something?"

Guest Room

If Linda wakes up before Magtok, she'll slip out of bed quietly and start the day by cutting off her excess hair - though taking quite a bit more care than she did the day before. She ends up with it cut fairly evenly just past shoulder length. If he's still asleep, she'll go ahead and shower and dress for the day, letting him sleep as long as he needs.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Door

A man appears at the door, in a government suit, black shades, and a small cell phone. He seems to be around forty, rather old. He adjusts his tie and scowls. Behind him, a woman strides up. She would be rather beautiful was it not for the permanent impatient scowl she wears. She's wearing a black and purple suit, with a big black hat with a purple feather. She has a nametag on the front of her suit, stating: Executive Pay She'll order the man in black to knock on the door loudly. She pats her foot on the ground impatiently, black boots crunching a small beetle. She'll speak out at the door. Magtok! MAGTOK. Open up, I have a business proposition for you, it's about our mutual enemy.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunnylab]

It takes a while before there's any response, but a response does come. "I may be. It depends on who is asking."

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Sunnylab

"I'm Sunny. I just want to talk to you," Sunny replies.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunnylab]

"Go ahead and talk." Linette invites. She's sure this is connected to Magtok somehow, what with coming so soon after her little attack and Sunny knowing her name.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-01 at 01:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Wherever Michalson Is

Magtok passes the list and letter and stuff along.

"They have pregnancy magic and live in a big flying castle over Riverside. That's pretty much all I know, unfortunately. You're free to do as much recon as you want, but the sooner the job is done, the better."
    Michalson shakes his head.
    "Flying castle? Yeah, that's going to make it harder. But I'll do what I can."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Sunnylab

"Who are you? Who made you? What do you want? Do you have any friends? Do you like dogs?" Sunny asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunnylab]

"I am Linette. I do not know my creator. I primary pursuit is the acquisition of information." There is a delay as Linette runs a few searches. "There are no beings I would call friends. I lack sufficient information on the animal canis lupus familiaris."

"Now, who are you, and what do you want?" Linette's turn for a couple questions.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Portals, Ponies, and Waving]

Boy are they ever grumpy. Ibby has the feeling they won't be inclined to let him through. He could probably magic his way through with something clever.

Heh...

Or just move the Gate again.

Buuut...

The black unicorn pats the white with a hoof. "Hey. We're going to get Twilight back. For sure. We're the good-guys after all. We've got Friendship and Harmony on our side. Nothing trumps that."

Nothing trumps that.

"We can send word that we've got a good candidate now to fill in for Magic so they don't waste a bunch of time looking. Once our friends have the Elements we'll be good to go,"
    he offers a reassuring grin. It probably looks a lot less intimidating without all those pointy predatory teeth he had previously. "Holding the door open in the mean time is still probably a good idea. No doubt Princess Luna won't have any trouble fetching the Elements."

[Portal Pony Stuff]

The good ponies always won in the stories.
    They suffered through many trials and setbacks...but they always won in the end. Formula and repetition make fact, right?
    Or, at least, she thought Twilight said something like that.
    Didn't she?

"I believe you...it is just a lot to think about. I cannot imagine how she suffers..."
    She never had the full experience, with her brief moment. Just a voice, and a moment of lost control.
    Which she has also tried not to think about.

The unicorn is definitely bottling up way too many things right now.
    "That may be for the best, to let them know. We can't afford to waste such efforts on pointless searches, if we don't have to."

Rarity still looks rather down, but she is making an effort to look better, at least. For Ibby's sake. Don't want to worry him after all!

Spoiler
    Show

Somewhere in Front of the MagCave

"Almost."

Yes Magtok, that is indeed what Libby said. Quit stalling and figure out whether you're going to count this as a loss or not, would you? Either clones count or don't count (you've had your own here since before the race, right?), and it's either the front door that officially gets observed as a finish line, or just the area about the MagCave in general.

"I'm...I'm just going to call this a tie, I think."

Libby gives an amused little smile and straightens out her dress-cloak.
    "Flip a coin over it?"

The reaper presents a random gold coin.
    "Someone has to win."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

[Sunnylab]

"I'm Sunny. I want to get to know you. Maybe we could be friends."
    Sunny types back.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1213

[Ponies and Portal]

Good triumphs over evil and all that! Just a matter of sticking it through to the end.

The unicorn frowns. "I... really doubt it'll be pleasant... I'm sort of hoping that it ends up being the sort of thing where Twilight just feels like she's watching a dream. Instead of... y'know... being aware of what it's doing to her. What it'll make her do..."

Ibby gives his head a shake.

"Right. Sending a word. Well. I'm not sure if the guards would be willing to help us out in that regard,"
    he mutters, looking at the stoic ponies none too far away. "Maybe if you asked them? You're one of the Element Bearers after all."

Worth a shot!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Sunnylab

Magtok frowns at the screen, but doesn't have much of anything to say right now. Contacting Linette was a lot simpler than he expected it to be.

Entrance

"Oh! Sorry, I thought you were just going to do disguises and I'd hand out guns and then we'd...right."

Magtok steps aside and allows Jeanne inside.

"And no, I'm pretty sure I stopped worrying about that around...I dunno, the twenty-eighth time you told someone in AMEN that you hate sex?"

Guest Room

By the time Linda returns from her shower, Magtok is gone. So are his robes. There's a knock at the door, the only indication that he might still be around.

...Huh. It doesn't make much sense for him to leave and then come back so quickly, does it? Just how secure is this room, anyways? Did something happen when Linda was gone? And why is he knocking, instead of just walking right in? What if it's someone else? Linda, what if someone's stolen your Magtok away and has come back to finish you off?!

Front Door (Which is Sort of Like Entrance, But with a Noodle)

Magtok arrives at the door, with his usual scowl spread across his face.

"I have lots of enemies, and my enemies have lots of enemies. You're going to have to be more specific than that."

Wherever Michalson Is

Magtok nods once more, before trying to affix the wetworks guy with his most seriousface frown and stare combination he can muster.

"I'm counting on you for this, Michalson. Don't screw up and die; you won't be doing either of us any favors if you wind up at the bottom of a river."

Yet Another Point In Time in Front of the MagCave. This One Has Libby In It

"...Sure, I-I guess. I call heads."

Magtok frowns. Libby's perfectly capable of rigging this toss...but would she? And more importantly, would she rig it in her own favor, or magnanimously give the victory to MagCave?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-09-01 at 10:27 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Time With Libby And Coins!]

Libby smiles rather enigmatically, either in the face of his hesitance or perhaps perceiving his concerns that she could rig it.
    "Good luck, Maggy dear."

A flick of the finger.
    Up goes the coin.
    And down it comes.

Tails.

[Place With the Ibby and Rarity Things]

Ibby's brief description of the options isn't particularly heartening.
    "I saw what was happening."
    It is incredibly disheartening.

Now she feels really dreadful.

Rarity stares at the ground for a moment, before flicking her gaze to the portal.
    "I could...attempt to do so, I suppose."
    Not that her heart is really in it.
    "Maybe a letter? Letters are formal, the Princess is rather used to them."
    Escape route!
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-09-01 at 10:47 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #1216

Time With Libby And Coins

Oh son of a...fine! Magtok will admit to something completely untrue! Nobody said he's not allowed to grit his teeth and sound all begrudging as he says it, though!

"I am presently wearing, on top of some underclothes, a one-piece garment for a woman or girl that covers the body and extends down over the legs. A dress, in other words. I'm neither lying nor crossing my fingers behind my back as I say this."

There's a hand behind his back. His middle and index fingers are crossed against one another.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Time With Victory]

Libby's enigmatic smile widens as she tucks the coin away and begins to step over to Magtok's side, moving towards the Magcave entrance proper.

"I think it looks cute on you."

The cyborg may or may not be wearing a slinky purple cocktail dress, with the initials L.M. sewn into the lower hem.
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #1218

[Ponies and Ponies and Portals and Ponies]

Okay.

Right.

Time for a totally different subject! Getting all depressed about Twilight won't help anypony. They will save her. The end, thanks for playing!

"A letter would be a great idea," Ibby nods. "I could even send it to her if you like. It's a little more complicated than that mental message spell, but it's a lot less intrusive as well."

And a bit more polite.

His horn glows a pearlecent white as he begins scribing a simple array onto the ground. "And I was thinking, I'm going to need a pony alias. I like my name, but Ib'bahhali just doesn't sound like something you would call a pony."

19. - Top - End - #1219

Time With Libby And Coins And Holy Fudge Where Did This Dress Come From

"You think what looks cute on-Gah!"

Magtok's arms go out to his sides, and he stares down at the dress in surprise and terror. Aaaaugh, noooooo! He doesn't wear dresses! Never! This is not allowed to happen! Stop existing right this instant and/or go back to being a purple robe, you smelly dress!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Letters and Ponies]

Rarity acquires a piece of letterhead and a quill.
    From where? Within the little bag hidden in the coils of her stylish tail, of course.
    Where else?

She begins to work on that, getting rather quiet for a few moments.
    An answer is offered to Ibby's latter concern however.
    "It is a little...complex, I suppose.
    Something in regard to your talent or nature would be the norm. Physically or otherwise."

Rarity, is of course, a rare piece of beauty. Her name is obvious!
    Pinkie Pie...well. She's very pink. And bakes.
    Fluttershy is very timid and doesn't truly fly well.
    Etc.

"Hm...your coat is quite unique. It would be a shame to not incorporate it in some manner."

[Libby and Dresstok]

The reaper is moving inside, smirking to herself.
    "Cute in all ways, as usual."
    His reactions, so predictable, and adorable in their openness.

Libby is going inside!
    The dress is going nowhere.
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #1221

[Ponies and Letters and Portals and Names]

Aaww...

Ibby doesn't have any tail bags. Just some saddlebags. Though what about pony-pockets? Everyone knows that ponies have pockets! Just like how they pick things up with their hooves!

Somehow.

"My coat?" he looks himself over. All those stripes! Some thick and angular, others delicate and curved. "Well. I suppose it is, isn't it? All the ponies that I've seen so far are monotone. Does anypony have a dappled or painted coat-color?"

He'll have to look into that!

"Hmm... coat... coat... Something stripe, maybe?"

Having finished the array be places a hoof on the rather unmistakable Elder Sign on his thick neck-stripe. One of the few marks that remains of what he once was.

"Sigil Stripe,"
    he finally concludes. "I think I like that. Does that sound good? Sigil Stripe?"

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponies and Don't Think On Their Physics]

It is dangerous!

Dot some i's, cross some t's...
    Rarity peppers away at her brief, but still incredibly carefully-written letter.
    It wouldn't do for it to look sloppy, if the Princess is to read it!

The letters must be perfect.

After a moment of conclusion, she smiles (faintly) and tucks away the quill.
    "There we are...now, your name!
    A moment of consideration for that...

Stripe is somewhat drab and obvious, but simple is good. Easily remembered and noticed. Excellent way to spread and keep presence.
    Sigil...a special symbol, magically related. Twilight babbles about them sometimes.
    Ibby seems fond of his arrays.

"I approve."
    It is not perfect, but it seems him enough.
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #1223

[Rarity, Sigil Stripe, and a Portal]

And there it is.

He's a pony now. A pony body, a pony soul, and even a pony name. He's not sure how his father would react... But he knows that species isn't really something that concerns his Mother all that much. Otherwise she wouldn't have helped him.

Deeeep breath.

Remember to take those.

Don't want to get all light headed due to forgetting to breath. That would be terrible.

"Thanks. Glad I didn't pick anything silly," the unicorn laughs as he gestures at the array with a hoof. "Just place the scroll there. Which Princess is it addressed to?"

That's sort of important.

Wouldn't want to send it to the wrong one.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[New Names and Letter Sendings]

"Not all are as fortunate in that department.
    Poor Tater Tot..."

A respectable food dish.
    Not necessarily the same in terms of name material.

"To business! I would imagine we should deliver this letter to Princess Luna, just to be sure.
    It wouldn't do to send it to Princess Celestia, if she were to be napping or in an important meeting."

Not likely she's napping, since it seems to be day.
    But interrupting a meeting would probably be bad.

A little application of levitating magic, and the neatly-rolled letter is placed into the array.

Ta da.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-09-02 at 12:12 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #1225

[Letters Away!]

Sigil Stripe fiddles with a few symbols on the array, causing its three concentric circles to lift off the ground along with the scroll! They then begin rotating around it, faster and faster, until they suddenly snap flat and vanish!

The scroll should appear in like fashion near Princess Luna moments later.

"...Tater Tot? Like the little chunks of fried potato, tater tot?" the black unicorn inquires, sounding quite incredulous.

Why would a parent ever name their child after food of all things?

Okay. Applejack. Pinkie Pie. Maybe naming children after food isn't terribly uncommon amongst ponies? This seems like a subject that will require further research.

"Eerr... well. Regardless. The message is away. Princess Luna should have it right now."

Isn't that interesting, though? Sending a letter across long distance without a dragon! A spell like that could be useful, couldn't it?

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunnylab]

"And what purpose would this friendship serve? I feel no need for companionship." Linette is going to see if she can infect Sunny's computer, using a similar method to punch through the antivirus as she did before. It's worth a shot to see if she can discover something conversation won't get her.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponies Sitting and Babbling]

This holding-the-door-open thing holds a lot of sitting around doing nothing, doesn't it?
    Well, talking is technically something, and Rarity likes it as much as the next pony...

But she has a lot of nervous energy that needs to be burnt off right now.
    A few coils of cloth slide out of her bag (now settled on the grass next to her), as well as a few short sticks and a pair of glasses, settled onto her snout.

"Oh yes, Tater Tot. The foal of a breakfast diner family, so I suppose it wasn't entirely surprising, if unfortunate. With parents named Golden Batter and Sunny Salad, it was inevitable.
    Poor dear, I cannot possible imagine what it was like to grow up with such a name."

Was he picked on at school? That would be terrible...

"Thank you, I-...Sigil. Hopefully the Princess and our other friends will make all due haste."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

Guest Room

A test? An enemy?

Linda looks to see if Magtok left her any weapon at all. If so, she'll take it with her to the door. If not, she'll take the scissors tucked into the back waistband of her track pants.

She walks to the door as quietly as she can and then opens it wide in one motion.

Sunnylab

Linette has no problem infecting the computer, but will find it disappointing. It's a brand new, off-the-shelf laptop with no data or customization or anything. An empty room for an AI to walk into. The only thing to really learn is to turn on the webcam and see Sunny herself.

However, once Linette does infect the computer, she may feel Sunny's machine empathy. Sunny is curious about Linette, and saddened that she doesn't have friends, and worried about Magtok - all of these emotions may come bleeding through and be felt by the AI.

"Friends make you happier," Sunny types.

Entrance >> Main Room with Jeanne

"Hey, it pays to be clear about these things,"
    Jeanne says. "Just wish I could do something about this stupid aura. Though I do tend to get hit on less if I'm male for some weird reason. I should probably stick with male." And with no fanfare at all, Jeanne is suddenly a male. "So how have things been for you since you were named Chief of the Thingummy tribe? Haven't seen you since then."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-09-02 at 01:08 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #1229

[Ponies and so Much Babbling]

Well...

Yes. Holding doors open is generally a fairly sedentary sort of thing. Which means other activities must be supplemented to make it more interesting!

Like what you ask?

Magic, obviously!

Sigil has LOTS of magic to fiddle with! That and talking. "I've noticed that cutie marks often synch up nicely with names. But as I understand cutie marks are earned. This seems... really curious to me. Does the name somehow set a pony's cutie mark? Or do their parents somehow know what their mark will be?"

Whilst chatting Sigil ponders how he might cast the hand-based somatic spells that he knows. How will he pull off complicated hand-signs without any fingers? This is going to be a rather sticky wicket to solve.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Time's a Wastin', Time to Chat!]

This is such a complete and utter waste of their time.
    They should be saving Twilight, not knitting and trying to compare hooves to fingers, while babbling about heavens knows what.

And yet, here they are.

Rarity knits away, hardly even watching the cloth as she stares up towards the sky.
    "Names tend to be related to family, as do professions and such. Not too much of a stretch for family members to follow in each others footsteps, talent-wise.
    Although, to tell you the truth, I hear some ponies change their names to suit their cutie marks, when they get old enough...it's rather silly, but I suppose some just can't be satisfied."
    Absentee Spirit