New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Mia's Lab

"Jus' wanted t' thank ye, Missus Mia. I... I couldn't hardly remember seein' with bot' eyes, an' now..." Cornelia is quite the emotional woman, and in her joy, will try to hug Mia. "Thank ya. So much."
    Mia's Lab

Well Mia is in MDM so hugging could be very much not possible.

"Eh you should rest a while more since this was a complicated operation."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #512
    Halfling in the Playground

Mia's Lab

Oh, here I thought she'd stuck her head and shoulders out or somesuch. Nevermind about the embrace, then.

"Erm... aye. I think I'll go git s'more sleep. G'bye, Mia," Cornelia smiles warmly before retreating from the lab. It is at this point that she heads towards the

Barracks

Where Cornelia heads for Boris's room quietly, just to see if he's there. She peeks her head inside and looks around.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-28 at 12:24 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Barracks]

Boris's room is empty when Cornelia passes by it. He hasn't arrived yet due to timeline shenanigans. He does get into his room an hour or two later. He had initially intended to give a report, but he was far too tired to speak clearly. So, he just walks into his room and falls asleep against a wall, not even bothering to remove his ghillie suit.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-06-28 at 12:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514

Barracks

In that case, Cornelia likely moved on, plonking down in one of the empty Barracks rooms and falling fast asleep. She probably needs a lot less sleep than Boris, and subsequently wakes up that evening, hot and uncomfortable in this new bed. Still messy and rather rank from that ordeal in surgery, Cornelia hurries into the showers. Braids are drawn from her hair, letting it fall about her shoulders, and the scarred gunsmith hurries into one of the stalls. Clothes are tossed over the shower curtain above, hung there to keep dry.

After some vehement cussing at the extremes of hot and cold, Cornelia manages to get the shower working at a comfortable temperature. Once she's finished and dressed, she goes wandering, in a timeline thankfully separate from that of the tremendous crater.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-28 at 01:05 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #515

[Barracks -> Main Room]

Boris doesn't wake up until the next morning. For all his bravado about not needing sleep, he's still a human being with all the needs of one. After waking up, he takes off his ghillie suit and heads to the main room to look for Wenomir so he can give his report.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Boris will find Wenomir there, still digesting the events of the previous day.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #517

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Boris is polite enough to knock on the door. "Wenomir? It's Boris. back from the scouting run, here to give a report."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir opens the door and steps outside. Oh, hey Boris. Let's hear your report.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #519

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"After Adir and I encountered and killed that demon I called in about, we stayed up for the night to scout, saw nothing. Adir left, presumably to his own home. I stayed for another two days, but have nothing of further interest to report. It seems that things are at least temporarily back to normal in the Mattock Hill village," Boris says.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

You stayed there for two days? Impressive, Wenomir says. I already know about the demon from Adir, but it's good to hear nothing else showed up there. Especially since... I'm not sure if you've heard, but the man who brought you there is my brother, Wenomir says matter-of-factly.

11. - Top - End - #521

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Really now? Interesting development. In any case, I would recommend keeping an eye on the village as much as we can. I'm not confident that there was only one of those demons there." Boris prefers to err on the side of caution in most cases, especially now that he's starting to learn more about the crazy things in the Nexus. "Anything of note happen here while I was gone?"

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Will do. As for other things... Wenomir pinches the bridge of his nose. While you two were gone, a girl signed up as a member. Her name was... Cornelia? I think I'd seen her with you in the past.

13. - Top - End - #523

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Boris is surprised at that for a few moments. "...I see. You wouldn't happen to know where she might be now?"

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir shakes his head.
    Not really. But she's in the base, most likely.

15. - Top - End - #525

Barracks

If it's the following morning, then Cornelia's likely asleep in her room again. She has, much to her own chagrin, taken up the habit of sleeping late.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #526

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Right. Well, I have nothing more to report. If you or someone else needs me for clarification, I will be at the firing range." Boris turns on his heel and heads off for the training grounds, perhaps a little too nonchalant about this turn of events.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-06-28 at 03:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527

Barracks

If it's the following morning, then Cornelia's likely asleep in her room again. She has, much to her own chagrin, taken up the habit of sleeping late.
    Barracks

Cornelia may find a small little robot knocking or more slaming the door with a letter on his back. he looks like one of these toys

18. - Top - End - #528

Barracks

Cornelia is roused, though not quickly. After several minutes of banging and knocking from the robot, the door opens, likely sending him toppling forward.

Nelia, in a silk nightgown trimmed with fluffy stuff, bends down to examine the machine. "'Ello there, who're you? Whassis?" She takes the letter, examining it in turn.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-28 at 05:25 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crater]

KR nods at Yazon's observation, looking in the direction the artillery shot came from.
    Now... who lives in that direction and can easily be blamed for firing an artillery shell at WATCHTOWER?
    KR sighs, pulls out a cell phone, and begins dialing Magtok.

[Training Grounds]

Will be posted for at another time. It's late and I'm tired. So sue me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

20. - Top - End - #530

Crater

"Oh hi, KR. Someone told me you Watchtower types like to bang in the woods, and y'see, I had this brand-new, really loud doom cannon to test out, so I thought I'd do us both a favor."

Magtok waits for just a brief sliver of a moment, for KR to get her wits together after what he hopes was a completely unexpected greeting, and then he goes right back to talking, leaving her without a chance to respond. You can just tell he's grinning like a horrible bastard on his end of the line.

"In all seriousness, consider this your first warning. I'm going to be doing things, and AMEN's going to be doing things. Nothing apocalyptic, of course, but we both know that's not stopped you from being a pest before. It'd be in both of our interests if you just sat your butt down and waited for an apocalypse like you say you're supposed to. Oh, and if you're in any way tied to, or responsible for those rats that got mailed to me a few months back, you can consider your entire organization off the Thanksmas party list. Now then, is that everything, or did you want to get in a word or two edgewise?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-06-29 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

In another timeline, Wenomir uses the telepathic link/pager/whatever else they ended up using for ease of communication to tell KR:
    Could you come down to our room? Something important just came up.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crater]

"Yes. I have a giant ****ing airship covered in guns over here, so the next time you think it's a good idea to fire a doom cannon at us I'm going to shove it up your ass and pull every available trigger, so consider that your first warning, ****face. Now, if you'll excuse me, we were currently in the middle of dealing with some serious, mega-scale threats, so if you have any more ****headed idiocy planned, put a lid on it, or better yet, test it on yourself and do the world a favor by purging your pathetic self from existence, you scrawny, malodorous ****. Good day." *click*
    Well that went well.

[Training Grounds]

The Dai Oni manage to connect with Crab Spider 1, severely denting its chestplate. Again though, this doesn't seem to effect its functionality much, as it immediately directs its concussive rays inwards at each other, creating a short, expanding burst of concussive force in a bubble to knock the Dai Oni outward.

Flying seems to be a bad move for Serph, however, as suddenly, anti-air missile! It pops out of Crab Spider 2's back, beeping briefly before launching, streaking directly at Serph, attempting to knock him back to the ground with concussive force. Hopefully he doesn't end up getting sandwiched between the air burst and the ground burst. That could be uncomfortable.

The next test for Hildur and Element wouldn't look out of place in a video game. A long, narrow corridor with wall panels that rapidly smash together in sequence. They'll need both timing and speed to get through without getting turned into a pancake. Well, okay, maybe they won't get turned into a pancake. This is just a test, after all. Those panels are probably made of foam, or something.

[KR and Wenomir's Room]

Pager, probably. I'm currently trying to downplay/nerf some of KR's psychic abilities, telepathy among them.
    Well, KR was on her way to the room anyway. She had some business in Inside or something that ended up with her spending a night away from the tower, and now she's making her return.
    She pushes open the door, carrying a small duffel over her shoulder.
    "I got your message." She says. "What is it?"

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

[Crater]

Wenomir nods solemnly.
    So it was Magtok. I'm sure he had some justification for shooting at us and I'm sure I don't care about it, so I guess we ought to get back to planning. Didn't Cessie mention something about potential help from HALO?

[KR and Wenomir's Room]

Wenomir was sitting on the bed when KR enters. Now he looks up with a smile which, however, fades.
    Hey there, love. Well... the thing is that a person who Adir and Boris helped with some fey turned out to be my brother.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-30 at 06:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

The Crab-Spiders start to annoy the Dai-Onis with all the bursting and firing of flesh-stinging rays. they each try to grab an arm to rip it, bite it or smash off its socket.

Serph does get sandwitched by the ground and air force. As I said he is null to physical attacks and highly resistant to fire. thus the only thing he suffers momentary dis ordination of sense, hey getting dazed is a mind attack, as he is on the ground. Thus he has no counterattack for that.

On the training course Red is starting to think his partner got the crappy end of the stick, I mean what's the point in trying to smush a shapeshifter? Red studies awhile to see the variations of the contraption, whether you'd have to go back and forth to pass or not and the specific timing and speed needed. being a demonic shapeshifter he is faster than a normal human being and should be fast enough for this part of the course. Thus he crosses the area. Now if there are no sudden surprises then all should be well.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

25. - Top - End - #535

Barracks

Cornelia is roused, though not quickly. After several minutes of banging and knocking from the robot, the door opens, likely sending him toppling forward.

Nelia, in a silk nightgown trimmed with fluffy stuff, bends down to examine the machine. "'Ello there, who're you? Whassis?" She takes the letter, examining it in turn.
    Barracks

Well it should be noted that the little robot looks like MDM. After he felt forward he holds his head like it hurts.

The letter is an inviting. It's from Mia.

Dear Cornelia,

I'm sorry that I where busy the last day. Your new eye was a gift of the great Deus Mechanicus and I liked to see you in his church some time. If you want to thank someone for your eye it should be him.

[Location to DMC in Inside]

26. - Top - End - #536

Barracks

Oh my. An invitation to a church. Cornelia hasn't set foot in one of those for years... Nelia turns the invite over and starts scribbling down her reply.

Arright. I'll be there tonight. Thanks again.
    Though it's in very poor handwriting, Mia should be able to make it out. Cornelia attempts to give the robot his letter back, saying, "G'on back to Mia, little feller." She attempts to pat the cute lil' robot on the head before it trundles off again.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crater]

"Yes, could you explain a little more, Cessie?" Says KR.

[KRomir's Room]

"Your brother? That's..." Good? Bad? Awesome? Terrible? Sexy? Horrendous? Pretty sick, bro?
    Turns out KR doesn't actually know enough about Wenomir's relationship with his brother to know how to respond.
    Did she even know he had a brother? I didn't. I thought he just had a sister.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

[KRomir's Room]

Wenomir nods with a faint smile. He never did tell anyone about his family. He thought all his ties had been cut, so he saw little point.
    Pretty much, yes. I don't know what to think either. Last time I saw him was when I was leaving home to join the army. Now... he's got a family on his own and he thought I was dead. And of course, I'm an... important person right now. He seems to have trouble reconciling the fact that we're family with the fact that he thinks I'm so much more important than he is, he says with a certain distaste in his voice.

29. - Top - End - #539

[Crater]

"As I said, Tobias offered to have a HALO memory under our command in exchange that we gave HALO intelligence about the nexus in general." She replies, being handwaved to the crater.

30. - Top - End - #540

In Front of WATCH
    Kirila, carrying Niza who's carrying Ralts, finally touches down after 10 hours of flying non-stop, looking for civilization.

She lets Niza go and then wobbles a little.
    Before she passes out and falls to the ground due to exhaustion.
    Little Green(Ralts) looks a bit worried!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life