New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Terrie's Tree

"Wonderful! Rest assured, I don't want to eat your apples. I want to make drinks out of them. If you'll let me, I would make an orchard of trees from your apple seeds to add to my vinyards. Of course, I don't ever ask for something without offering a favor in return, so if there's anything you want from me, just ask, and I'll do my very best to give it to you." And so his plot is revealed. Dionysus wants to make wine from fey apples? This could turn into shenanigans in a hurry.

He's being sincere about helping Terrie though. Favors are his trade, and he's getting something big out of this.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins, "I want to be a warrior! Like the Watchmen!" This is something she's wanted for quite a while. Thus why she's carrying a wooden sword, of course, "I don't know if there's a way for you to do that though. I'm going to need a lot of training." She nods.

... this is a five year old (mentality, anyways) kid that knows she needs training? Odd.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #663

Terrie's Tree

Dio considers her predicament with care, "Training... or perhaps a bit of magical aid. What if I asked a friend of mine to craft you a weapon that you could use to get better with? He owes me a favor, so I'm sure he'll be happy to oblige." He stands up, looking at the tree for a moment.

"Maybe... yes, a hammer perhaps? We could even use part of your tree for the haft, if you can spare a branch." Now he's thinking, his mind limbering up to something new.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins, "Yeah, that'd be great!" Terrie says excitedly, "One condition! the haft has to be alive. Then I can go out and smite evil!" Because dryads need to be near their tree, and it doesn't count if the tree is dead! Terrie seems excited at this prospect.

She's so excited in fact that she leans her head over to the side and takes hold of the leaves that make up her hair. Four apples start growing from the leaves with shocking speed.

5. - Top - End - #665

Terrie's Tree

"Of course. I wouldn't dream of killing any part of such a lovely tree. In fact, let's make the entire hammer out of one branch, to make this work the absolute best way it can."

"So, we have a deal then?" He reaches out a hand to shake, to seal their pact of course.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins, planting a pair of apples in Dio's outstretched hand. Then she'll try to take his other hand so she can put the other pair in his other hand, "Deal!"

Well, she didn't quite understand the idea of shaking hands, but I think it still counts. At this point she runs off, giggling madly to herself. she can finally be a warrior! Go out and have adventures! The reason she's running off though is because she doesn't want people to see her playing, pretending her wooden sword is a hammer. She's a bit vain regarding that.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-07-09 at 03:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Because two of his plotclones are stuck in deadtime anyway...

[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir enters the courtyard. He's dressed in his "civilian" clothing, which means a loose black sleeveless shirt and loose trousers. He's unarmed, but those who know him also know he's far from harmless even now. He glares at Dio as Terrie runs off.
    What's going on here? He asks, in a rather unfriendly tone, as he approaches.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #668

Terrie's Tree

Dio blinks, but accepts the apples, slipping two of them into the pockets of his coat as Terrie runs off. Now he just has to call in that favor from Hephastus and-

Oh, well he supposes not everyone he'd run into would be friendly. Nonetheless, Dionysus puts on his most charming smile for Wenomir as he approaches, bowing formally.

"I'd heard about a dryad in these parts with unique apples. I wished to bargain for some, and turn the results into a wine to see how it would come out. As you can see, I have the apples in hand, so I can trouble you no longer, apart from a short visit back to make good on my end of the bargain."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir frowns. He's never actually spoken to Terrie, but strangers coming over and offering deals to children is a bad thing no matter how you look at it.
    Deal, you say. What sort of deal? And who are you anyway? He asks, his tone not the slightest bit warmer.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #670

Terrie's Tree

Ah wonderful, suspicion and ill manners. Well, he could hardly expect better while on unfamiliar ground.

"A favor for a favor. Specifically, she wanted a weapon so she could properly defend herself and train to be a warrior. I suggested a hammer made from one of the limbs of her tree, and she seemed amenable to that." No sense in concealing the terms of their deal. Honesty would get him more here than lies, and the deal was already set.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

This just keeps getting better and better. Wenomir already suspects he'll have to throw this guy out head-first. In fact, he hopes he'll get to do it.
    You gave a child a weapon. A true stroke of genius on your part. And you haven't answered my other question. Who are you?
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-09 at 04:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672

Terrie's Tree

"I haven't given her anything yet. I need to have it handcrafted first, and then return with it. As for my name, Bacchus is what I'm most commonly called. And you?" There really is no dealing with some people is there? Wenomir simply gets more and more hostile the longer this conversation goes on, no matter what he says.

Even though he said he was ready to leave at the start. Such an odd twist of logic that is.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

I'm Wenomir. One of the residents here. I don't suppose there's any way for you to alter the deal and give Terrie something other than a weapon? The warrior asks.

14. - Top - End - #674

Terrie's Tree

"Of course, if that's what she wants. I'm very flexible in my business dealings. It helps to stay loose. However, this is still a business deal, and sealed on my end. I'm obligated to give her what she asks for, so long as I'm capable of doing so." Ah, the wonders of godhood. Bound to your word, so long as you're foolish or wily enough to give it.

In this case, Dionysus doesn't regret offering Terrie carte blanche in return for her aid. If she wanted to be a warrior, it was her right to train to become one.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir raises his eyebrow. Obligated... It's not like a deal with a little girl is legally binding, so it raises another possibility.
    You wouldn't happen to be one of the wish-granting beings, would you? Like genies and the like. Or Libra.

16. - Top - End - #676

Terrie's Tree

"Wishes are not in my purview, no. Just someone who holds themselves to their honor, however foolish that may seem. I care not if the person I'm dealing with is a child, an elder, or a fool. If I offer them my aid, then I will not back down from my offer simply because it would be convenient to do so." He would lose standing amongst the other gods if he went back on his word, like a thief would among the poor, but only oaths sworn over Styx could truly bind him.

Not that he enjoys losing favor either. It was his third most cultivated crop, trailing behind his follower's happiness and his personal vinyards.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir frowns. Weird guy. Suspicious, too. And strolled into Watch without a care in the world.
    Alright. I'll talk to Terrie and see if I can convince her to change her mind. You can go if you wish.

18. - Top - End - #678

Terrie's Tree

"Just one last thing I'm afraid. I don't want to leave unprepared after all." Dionysus reaches up and tries to pull a limb off of Terrie's tree, which should come off without a snap. Looks like he's chosen one about the size of a mid-sized warhammer.

Assuming the tree and the grump allow him to do this, he'll carry the branch under his arm and salute Wenomir with a handful of apples.

"Good day then, master Wenomir. May the sun shine just a bit brighter in your heart on the morrow than it does now." With that cheeky farewell, he'll attempt to take his leave of Watchtower for today.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Hopefully it will, Wenomir says. Despite all the changes for the better that have happened in his life in the last two years, he's still grumpy and generally ill-disposed. Once Dio is gone, Wenomir turns to look for the little dryad.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Soul Quest -> Outside Watchtower

I'm sure we could find you something to wear in Neirian. And a nice shower as well. Sallianne plugs her nose, suddenly aware of a stench that has followed them out of the Watchtower dungeons.

And with that, she'll wave an arm into the are, flinging pixie dust possibly over everyone. Those who are dusted, may find themselves teleported to Neirian.
    [Outside Watchtower]

And Irene is teleported to Pixie Land!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-07-09 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "No, actually," comes a spry, perpetually amused voice, from high atop Watchtower's wall. Squatting there, staring down at Micah, is some cross between a white-tailed deer and a satyr. The upper half of his body is that of a dark-skinned man - albeit one with a stag's eyes and a small pair of antlers. Adir raises his eyebrows at the man. "But gnolls are on the itinerary this week. As is freeing slaves, for some reason. Come on in, tell us the tale."

With that, the stag jumps back down behind the imposing bulwark, waiting for Micah to follow.
    Micah does indeed follow, perhaps a little hesitant about entering. After all, he'd been nabbed in the last fortress he was in. Though, that was an orc-infested ruin and this is... well, not.

"The tale? What on Laira would you need to know other than 'bloodthirsty gnolls are headed your way'?" Micah's somewhat agitated, and not at all polite. "Some mad elf ran off the leader and took over. Wants to draw them into a trap or something. Kill them, arrest them, don't care. Though killing them would be more satisfying..."

He's slow to realize he's not talking to a race he knows. "Who the heck're you anyways?"
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

22. - Top - End - #682
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Micah does indeed follow, perhaps a little hesitant about entering. After all, he'd been nabbed in the last fortress he was in. Though, that was an orc-infested ruin and this is... well, not.

"The tale? What on Laira would you need to know other than 'bloodthirsty gnolls are headed your way'?" Micah's somewhat agitated, and not at all polite. "Some mad elf ran off the leader and took over. Wants to draw them into a trap or something. Kill them, arrest them, don't care. Though killing them would be more satisfying..."

He's slow to realize he's not talking to a race he knows. "Who the heck're you anyways?"
    "Wait, our way? Like right now?" Adir's voice suddenly loses its warmth. He won't sound the alarm just yet though - that statement was a bit too general. Still, the friendliness hasn't left his face. "I'm Adir Frescot. Nice to meet you. Now about this elf..." Adir holds out his hands in a questioning gesture. "Why's he sending the gnolls our way?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #683
    Pixie in the Playground

"Wait, our way? Like right now?" Adir's voice suddenly loses its warmth. He won't sound the alarm just yet though - that statement was a bit too general. Still, the friendliness hasn't left his face. "I'm Adir Frescot. Nice to meet you. Now about this elf..." Adir holds out his hands in a questioning gesture. "Why's he sending the gnolls our way?"
    "Uh... Micah. S'ppose it's nice to meet you too..." He's never been one for niceties, so that's a little awkward for him.

"'Cause he's an elf? Elves're crazy like that, ain't they? Are on Laira anyways. He says he wants to draw them to a trap, but I think he's trying to 'ttack this place and take it for them gnolls. Why else'd he ally himself with a blackguard, and send slaves such as me on jobs, and not kill the head gnoll, but run him off? Suspicious, is what it is."

24. - Top - End - #684

Boris's Room

"Mm. Lemme know if ye think of anythin," Cornelia says, with one of those cheeky little smiles she's so good at. She slips her arms off of him, but for a hand on his shoulder. "I'll go check the stew. Get ye somethin' to drink." The hand slips away reluctantly, and he'll hear her retreat from the room.

The stew is plenty tasty - stuffed with a thick mixture of chicken and potatoes, along with a few other token vegetables like celery and cabbage. There only seems to be one spice in the soup - besides salt of course - something like oregano, but richer and sweeter.

When she returns, there's a glass of some brown liquid in her hand, with a lemon wedge stuck on the edge. "Hope Russians like sweet tea."
    Boris enjoys the stew very much when he eats it, though I doubt he would've vehemently disliked it even if it wasn't rich in flavor. Eating plain rations most of your life tends to lead to lower standards in taste.

When Cornelia comes back with the tea, he tilts his head a little. "Never tried it before, so it wouldn't be fair for me to say."

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    "Uh... Micah. S'ppose it's nice to meet you too..." He's never been one for niceties, so that's a little awkward for him.

"'Cause he's an elf? Elves're crazy like that, ain't they? Are on Laira anyways. He says he wants to draw them to a trap, but I think he's trying to 'ttack this place and take it for them gnolls. Why else'd he ally himself with a blackguard, and send slaves such as me on jobs, and not kill the head gnoll, but run him off? Suspicious, is what it is."
    "Suspicious is right. I think you need to come with me, pal. What was this elf's name again?" Adir seems a little suspicious of Micah. What an odd man, showing up out of the blue like this. He gestures for Micah to follow, perhaps back inside so that they can find someone in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Boris enjoys the stew very much when he eats it, though I doubt he would've vehemently disliked it even if it wasn't rich in flavor. Eating plain rations most of your life tends to lead to lower standards in taste.

When Cornelia comes back with the tea, he tilts his head a little. "Never tried it before, so it wouldn't be fair for me to say."
    "Then try it," Cornelia says, practically thrusting it upon him. The glass will have an extremely strong flavor - so sweet it curves around into unpleasant. Or at least, it might. The gunsmith wouldn't make it if she didn't enjoy it. "So? Whaddya think?" She seems to be expecting a good answer.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #686

[Boris's Room]

The sweetness of the drink is a little overwhelming for Boris, but he doesn't gag or show distate. Instead, he just says, "Wow, there is a lot of sugar in this drink. It is sugar, right?"

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Boris's Room]

The sweetness of the drink is a little overwhelming for Boris, but he doesn't gag or show distate. Instead, he just says, "Wow, there is a lot of sugar in this drink. It is sugar, right?"
    "Sugar, tha's right. Thought ye'd enjoy it," Cornelia says. This is the opinion she's apparently decided on. "I, uh, put a pie in th' oven too. While I was out thar. Should be ready in an hour or so." She purses her lips. "Ye like peaches, right?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-10 at 02:22 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #688
    Pixie in the Playground

"Suspicious is right. I think you need to come with me, pal. What was this elf's name again?" Adir seems a little suspicious of Micah. What an odd man, showing up out of the blue like this. He gestures for Micah to follow, perhaps back inside so that they can find someone in charge.
    Yeah, odd, but hard to give much warning when being dragged around by gnolls and into a battle ending with a change in pack systems. Micah follows Adir wherever he leads, glad that he wasn't turned away.

"Uh... I dunno. Calf? No, that can't be right. Something like that though. Kal, maybe?" He shrugs. "It don't matter none. Where're we going?"

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Before I post in WATCHTOWER... what's going on with that meeting? Magtok shot a cannon at them, sure, but after that everyone just sort of forgot about it and now everything's in deadtime hell.

Edit: Well this isn't the OoC thread. DERP.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-07-10 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Crater]

"Yes, could you explain a little more, Cessie?" Says KR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crater]

"As I said, Tobias offered to have a HALO memory under our command in exchange that we gave HALO intelligence about the nexus in general." She replies, being handwaved to the crater.
    ((It seems to have been picked up near the crater. Guess noone felt like walking back up the stairs first.))