New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[Training Grounds]

There's our modular training course. It's what I just finished using. You can have it simulate many situations. Try it out if you want, Wenomir suggests.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

[Attack! - Walls]

"Is assistiance required?"
    That voice would be Shawna's, coming from behind KR, even as the cyber-enhanced technopaladin deploys her eyepiece and unclips a BFG from her belt - that looked just like a small belt pouch before it unfolded, expanded, and merged with her hand.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #993
    Pixie in the Playground

[Attack! Slaughter!]
    ((Spoilered else it'd stretch the page.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Um, they may not need much more help. All that remains of the not-so-vast, not-very-skilled, somewhat-suicidal army are a few stragglers on the walls, apparently a fair distance from where Shawna and KR standing. If they have a good view of the battle, perhaps they can tell it's almost entirely over.

'Stragglers' is a rather good term to use for describing the remaining gnolls. With their escape route, should they desire to flee, blocked by Harnel's fires, and their kinsmen below them on the wall falling to their deaths (or gaining massive internal injuries instead) due to the desire to avoid being speared by pikemen, the horrible searing sensation that coincides with being set aflame, and the sudden snapping of their (er... fingers?), the only option left for them is to continue fighting and die 'heroically'.

It's not like a gnoll surrenders. Well, not if they're high-ranking gnolls. Likely they're simply too proud, or stubborn, and after all, death isn't so bad. On Laira, it's kinda like a second life. You get bossed around and sent to complete minor tasks by people who were more devout than you during life, and then you lounge around and watch the living toil, or roam around and create your own new life on the endless plain you appeared on.

And now to the combat, broken up into segments. (If you don't have a segment than it's been answered in the above text, and/or the gnolls are too far away to do much about them (KR, Adir, Boris). These are, after all, the creatures without projectile weapons):

------

[Mia and the swarm]

If eight gnolls constitutes a swarm. For they're all that made it over the wall in time to escape the fire and telekinetic energy.

That... is incredibly pathetic. They reeeeally need better tactics. Where the heck is their leader? He's vanished off the battlefield! Hardly inspiring of confidence.

At least, while they were pulling themselves up and onto the wall, their two brethren managed to duck the swing. Or... well, the charging one ducked and flattened himself against the brick floor of the wall. The second received a nasty bruise on the right side of his face, and would have received a lot worse if the gnoll behind him didn't shove him violently forward and away from the wall's edge as he scrabbled up to escape the flying bullets. As it is, he falls back against the wall's edge, dazed and waiting for the world to stop spinning.

The gnoll who'd avoided the swing is the first up and attacking again.

Avoid the robot? Oh, why bother at this point. He'll take the afterlife before the hell of further serving a master responsible for such a massacre. Without any sense of caution, he coils his hind legs and leaps for Mia, claws outstretched, hoping to deal at least some damage with those and his bone-crushing jaws before the inevitable end.

And so there are seven fighting gnolls!

----
    [Jacob]

...er, make that six fighting gnolls, actually.

Or... or maybe five.

Enchanted armor with flesh-rending metal bands is not something the gnolls were prepared for. In fact, it's likely they don't even know it exists. Or, at least, don't know it exists until they're writhing on the ground and trying to claw the things out with their final movements.

Th remaining sev- uh, five, seem keen to not be eviscerated for some reason, and those that aren't distracted by battles keep their distance. Which is hard enough to do in such a closed area. Not terribly exciting for Jacob, but hey, the gnolls have no way of fighting that, and they're horribly aware of that fact.

------
    [Yazon]

An ear twitches.

All the noises of the battle are nearly overwhelming, but the keen ears of the gnolls can pick out and isolate specific sounds. The guns, the fires, the screams of dieing brothers... the clomp of feet on the hard bricks of the wall.

A blade meets Yazon's axe as the hyenid warrior twists to defend himself. “Grrrrowr!” He snarls. That's either a threat in a different language, or just some meaningless growl. Either way, he's angry. Or frightened. Or both.

Gnolls are not the most stable creatures, what with their awkward hind legs and disproportionate bodies, but they are strong. And this one is putting all the strength he can muster into a hard shove back with his weapon, in an attempt to push Yazon right off the wall!
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attack! - Yazon]

The dwarf grins as the gnoll's weapon meets his. He doesn't give him the opportunity to shove his properly. Yazon tears his bearded axe to the side when the sword hits it, which should cause the sword to get caught in the axe's head and torn to the side as well. The dwarf follows up by trying to sweep his axe back across his foe's neck/head while the gnoll is hopefully unbalanced.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-30 at 09:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Boris's Room]

"Good thing, too," Boris mutters with a grin. "You'd have been wrong if you had, and we just can't have that, now can we?"
    [Boris's Room]

"Now yer gettin' it," Cornelia says, laughing that pretty, girlish laugh of hers. The gunsmith leans in and puts her arms around Boris, resting against him, laying her head on his shoulder. She's always liked him for his strength. His warmth. "Mmm, Boris, I missed you." Her voice is squeaky, excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Whoops.

Not as strong as she is, but I'm not exactly wasting away either. Mostly I use my thermal axe and beam carbine, though... oh, and my calves have these sweet rockets. She taps her leg armor, then frowns at the 5 little crescenty things that hang around her rear waist like a weird sort of buttskirt.
    I... actually don't know what these skirty things are, though...
    Shrugging, Niza pulls her battered carbine out.
    Ugh, this thing has seen better days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Training Grounds
    Kirlia gave a little cheer!
    She was happy cause she thought that meant she has a place to live now!
    "I dunno, but they look sweet," Adir says, in regards to the buttskirt. Kinda regal, if you're into tiny-cape-things.

Then a gun! Oh, thank the gods, something Adir can understand. He steps closer to examine the weapon. "Yeah, well, we've got plenty of people who can fix it up for you. Does it still fire?"

Attack!

Adir is startled by the sudden sounds of battle along the walls. Well, if you could call it that - the hyena men simply don't have the strength or numbers to deal with Watchtower. He decides, at this point, it's best to either request surrender or grant them a swift death.

And so the stag whirls, leaving his rifle, and facing the gnolls that are currently besetting Jacob. They look... unsure. Perhaps he can talk some sense into them.

Well, yell some sense.

"ONLY CHANCE! DROP WHAT YOU'RE HOLDING AND GET ON THE GROUND!" He roars, a pair of plasma casters swiveling to target the beastmen. On his left wrist, a vicious looking metal hook-blade folds down, wickedly sharp and gleaming in the sun.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-30 at 11:18 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #996
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Boris's Room]

"I missed you too, Cornelia." Boris lays back down, keeping his hand between Cornelia's shoulder blades so he pulls her with him. "I'm very glad you're back. Don't care if I've said it before."

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Attack! - Walls]

"Is assistiance required?"
    That voice would be Shawna's, coming from behind KR, even as the cyber-enhanced technopaladin deploys her eyepiece and unclips a BFG from her belt - that looked just like a small belt pouch before it unfolded, expanded, and merged with her hand.
    [Attack! - Walls]

"Five minutes ago would have been nice, Shawna." Says KR acerbically, lowering her rifle. It looks like the battle is pretty much over. She looks at Shawna's BFG.
    "Please don't fire that thing at my wall."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #998

[Boris's Room]

They lay back down, then, and Cornelia only seems to grow giddier. "Ye unnerstand, right? I mean, it was my pap. Couldn't just leave him to wander tha' way." A pause. "I... might need t'go agin, if mum finds 'im. Would you wanna... I dunno... come along?" She'd wanted Boris to see her world, but not this way.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I dunno, but they look sweet," Adir says, in regards to the buttskirt. Kinda regal, if you're into tiny-cape-things.

Then a gun! Oh, thank the gods, something Adir can understand. He steps closer to examine the weapon. "Yeah, well, we've got plenty of people who can fix it up for you. Does it still fire?"
    She strips parts off it until it's more of a large pistol.
    Well, it does now... and thanks!
    She grins, feeling more confident about her buttskirt.
    This here's a modular beam projection gun, which is good for when some of the parts break.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Attack!]

Jacob was just about ready to charge into the fray once more, but a sudden barked order towards the Gnolls from Adir causes Jacob to hesitate a moment.

A particularly agile and cunning Gnoll might be able to take advantage of this opening, but maybe not. In any case, rather than any further battle magic, Jacob performs a less violent action. The Gnolls that Adir speaks to may well find themselves the victims of a subtle magic dose of Blue mana, designed to worm its way into the mind and make them susceptible to suggestion. In combination with the desperation of the situation and the natural authority and intimidation factor that Adir tends to command, these Gnolls might well find themselves kowtowing to Adir's whim.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Training Ground

"That is so cool," Adir says, even more interested. Gods, these two are full of pleasant surprises. "You gotta show me how to make one of those. Can you, ah, give a little demonstration?" He gestures towards a row of more modest targets, since Kirila sent the special range to oblivion with her little light show.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #1002

[Boris's Room]

"Of course I understand," Boris says. He probably would've done the same thing if he'd found out of something similar happening to his former squadmates, but that goes unmentioned, especially after Cornelia asks him about coming to her world. "I had hoped for a different context, but I would love to visit your home."

13. - Top - End - #1003

[Boris's Room]

"Oh, Boris, thank ye," Cornelia says, trying to lay a series of kisses on the sniper's face. "I won't leave agin. Not witout' you."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #1004

Training Grounds
    Kirlia is excited!
    "Gosh, I love it when she does this!"
    She waits for her friend to begin firing. She loved it so so much.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]
    Niza takes aim and unleashes a hail of beam shots at the targets, showing pretty good accuracy for such a rapid assault, but leaves one untouched.
    Mostly for show, she slaps her gun back into its holster, fires up her leg verniers, and jets forward at the remaining target, yanking her thermal axe from its sling to deal a wide, vicious slash.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1006

[Training Grounds]

"Okay, sounds good." Hildur says, then shortly looks a little embarrassed. "How do I use it?"

[Boris's Room]

"Even if you tried, I'd probably just follow you anyway," Boris says, only partially in jest. He tightens his hold on Cornelia just a bit as she kisses him.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Training Grounds
    Kirlia cheers!
    "Yeah! You go, girl!"
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #1008

[Training Grounds]

The man-sized targets swiftly become a smoking ruin, one lying sundered in the dirt. Adir claps his armored hands above his head, producing a loud clank. "I'm with her. You girls are scary. I think we can definitely let you on in a, uh, probationary basis. Until you make it through your first mission, at least."

[Boris's Room]

Cornelia smiles a mirthful smile at that. She plants her lips on Boris's once more, all warmth and love. "I hope ye will."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-31 at 03:26 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

There's a console over there. It's pretty easy. He smiles faintly. If I can figure out how to use it, so can you.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Training Room
    "Eh? A mission? What would we be doing on it?"
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

The man-sized targets swiftly become a smoking ruin, one lying sundered in the dirt. Adir claps his armored hands above his head, producing a loud clank. "I'm with her. You girls are scary. I think we can definitely let you on in a, uh, probationary basis. Until you make it through your first mission, at least."
    VIOLENCE TOTALLY SOLVES PROBLEMS! WHOO---wait, mission?
    Do we have to beat people up or break things that we don't own? I can do that!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012

[Boris's Room]

"You don't have to, it's a certainty," Boris says. He lets his head sink into the pillow, and closes his eyes for a moment or two.

[Training Grounds]

"Okay, I think I can figure a computer out, yeah," Hildur says, reminding herself that just because she's not human anymore doesn't mean she forgot about technology.

23. - Top - End - #1013

[Boris's Room]

"You don't have to, it's a certainty," Boris says. He lets his head sink into the pillow, and closes his eyes for a moment or two.
    Cornelia adjusts her position and snuggles close, intent on lying there awhile. She won't be able to have a nap with him, unfortunately - Mia wanted her to visit that Deus Mechanicus place. Plus, the gunsmith's been sleeping late as it is. No need to add afternoon naps to her schedule.

After a few minutes, she sighs and says, "I should go, Boris. I gotta, uh, go to Mia's church. See about fixin' my scars n' all."

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    VIOLENCE TOTALLY SOLVES PROBLEMS! WHOO---wait, mission?
    Do we have to beat people up or break things that we don't own? I can do that!
    Training Room
    "Eh? A mission? What would we be doing on it?"
    "Watch's motto right there, girlie," Adir says, pointing at Niza. He shrugs off their questions. "Dunno. I ain't got one to give you yet. Probly something to do with the latest planetary apocalypse."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1014

[Boris's Room]

Boris remains silent as they lie together, at least until Cornelia speaks. He doesn't twitch at the mention of the church, for some reason. "And much as I'd like to stay here with you, I should probably see if I am needed before long," he says.

25. - Top - End - #1015

Training Grounds
    "An apocalypse...fun..."
    =S
    She swirls her finger around on the floor in boredom.
    "So what do we do till then? I want to do some good for people today"
    Kirlia does enjoy helping people!
    It's kinda her thing.
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1016

[Boris's Room]

Boris remains silent as they lie together, at least until Cornelia speaks. He doesn't twitch at the mention of the church, for some reason. "And much as I'd like to stay here with you, I should probably see if I am needed before long," he says.
    "Mm. So busy. I 'magine they'll have me poundin' out more guns before too long," Cornelia says. She hopes that's the case, anyway. The gunsmith plants another kiss on Boris, drawing this one out, before crawling off of him carefully. She pulls on her clothes, most prominently a pair of riding jeans and a modest, sunny blouse for color. There are nicer clothes, for a visit to church, but she just isn't in the mood for trying to ride Cobalt in a dress.

Training Grounds
    "An apocalypse...fun..."
    =S
    She swirls her finger around on the floor in boredom.
    "So what do we do till then? I want to do some good for people today"
    Kirlia does enjoy helping people!
    It's kinda her thing.
    "Why don't you go to Inside and sniff out trouble or something? We're always looking for badguys. Slave-traders, extremist groups, that sort of thing," Adir suggests, grinning.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Okay, I think I can figure a computer out, yeah," Hildur says, reminding herself that just because she's not human anymore doesn't mean she forgot about technology.
    Wenomir shrugs. I'll be here if you need help, but it should be simple.

[KR & Wenomir's Room or Other Convenient Place]

At some point when the two are in the same place and not *cough* busy with something else, Wenomir will say:
    Remember when Cessie asked if she could be promoted? Well, I've been thinking, and maybe it's time to promote some other people too. Adir and Boris would make good candidates for the Sentry rank.
    After all, they've been aiding Watchtower's mission for a while now. Not to mention Wenomir's grateful for finding his brother.

28. - Top - End - #1018

Training Grounds
    Kirlia thinks...
    And comes up with a better idea.
    "Nah, I got a better idea! I'll try to grow Senzu Beans here! Maybe even teach some people how to do, well, this."
    She fires the ball of energy from her hand again at one of the remaining targets, obliterating the organic material.
    "And this."
    She hovers a foot above the ground.
    "They run on the same idea."
    "Anyways, do you have anywhere I might be able to get planting supplies?"
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

"Watch's motto right there, girlie," Adir says, pointing at Niza. He shrugs off their questions. "Dunno. I ain't got one to give you yet. Probly something to do with the latest planetary apocalypse."
    I hope it means I get to punch somebody's face into their skull!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

[Convenient Place]

"That sounds like a good idea." Says KR, un-draping herself from whatever nearby piece furniture she's already planning on (or currently!) using in her next attempt at hooking Wenomir into getting *cough* busy with something else.
    "I haven't seen Jeremy or Catherine around in a long while, and Shawna's only around intermittently. It'd be nice to have a pair of Sentries who are actually around, doing stuff."

How to become a candidate for promotion in WATCHTOWER: Show up.

Ye gads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.