New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Training Tower]

"I know a bit about stone and metal working. Father was big on that sort of thing and you can't help but pick up some here and there. I've served as a merc and in a couple different militias. Been fighting a good chunk of my life. Heck, I can probably use that axe you got there better than you can." Yazon says the last with a wry grin.
    That's likely, since I've never used one, Wenomir says with a shrug. I'm a swordsman, axes aren't my weapon of choice. Anyway, if you want to sign up, you'll need to pass a test first. Are you up for it?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Gnoll Home

Inside she will find a sparsely decorated home hut with some sort of dream catcher hanging from the ceiling. The walls which are made of a thick leather are painted in some sort of red color in strange patterns.

It the middle is a burned out fire smelling of ash and rotten meat. There are no beds or other furniture inside but a lot of animal pelts and tools standing leaning against the wall.

On one pent the gnoll woman lies tucked in her hands grasped around some sort of object, breathing deeply. As she see Darcy entering with her brother her eyes shine up and her sharp teeth forms a toothy grin.

"You return savior. You always welcome here." She states as her brother moves away a bit to allow the shapeshifter some more room. It might be bit hard to stand up tall in some parts of this little hut.
    That's the nice thing about being a shapeshifter. It's easy to fit places. "How are you? Is the poison gone?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

The mage chuckles and shakes her head, "I hope you know what you're getting into." She says in a playful tone. "You're going end up needing having parts of your family in the keep otherwise. Not that I think Harnel would mind having more babies in the keep."

[Gnoll Home]

"Think so. Feel much better." The gnoll woman replies, her grip around what appears to be a small skull of some kind of canine-creature eases up a bit.

Then all of sudden there is a subtle shift in the air around them as both the the bed-bound gnoll and her brother spontaneously spurt two large bat-like wings straight from their shoulders.

This is likely the cause of concern.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

"Anytime, anywhere. Just tell me what I need to do." The dwarf puffs out his chest, brimming with confidence.

[Watchtower - Garden]

Sakura giggles. "I'm sure he wouldn't. We can have another floor lower if we really needed more room by the sounds of things. Oh, I can't wait to see our house. It's going to be so nice."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Tower]

Wenomir rubs his chin. That sounds like a good opportunity to try out our new modular obstacle course. I'll just need a moment to come up with a plan...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

"Take your time. I could use a bit of a break from all that walking anyway." The dwarf removes his overstuffed pack and sets it down, then he removes all the remaining weapons on his person, save for a small hand axe. Urist lands on the pack almost immediately afterward.

7. - Top - End - #97

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Yes, I'm looking forward to see it as well once it's done. You really need to come with Adir to the keep some day though, It was such a long time since he was there." Cessie replies.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"We definitely should. Just as soon as things die down maybe." Sakura says with a nod. "You know, Harnel should help us move our stuff. I know I can't lift much, so Adir would have to do most of it himself."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Gnoll Home

Darcy yelps in surprise, instantly shifting to a more combat ready form. "What was that?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    You know what they say about assumptions...

"If you ask me, it's a good thing if hostages get shot once in a while. Gets them out of their complacency."
    Lick, lick. Just an ordinary cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Training Grounds Mia-Cornelia-Cat

No I don't. Oh and ordinary cat's don't talk.
    Mia just looks at the cat most likly annoyed.

"And my question remains who are you cat?"

She then turns back to Cornelia.

"Sometimes you shouldn't use gun befor diplomacy and sometimes your enemys may not getting hurt by your abilities. How well do you work in team?"
    "Tha's a matter of opinion, ma'am. My gun always works. And some folks just need shootin'," Cornelia says, apparently sticking to her guns here, whether or not it means Mia approves her for Watchtower duty. "But," She says, not wanting to dig herself too deep, "I s'pose some talkin can't hurt. You should really let some other feller handle that bit though. On account of my less-than-friendly disposition towards hostage-takers and suchlike." She smiles innocently beneath that bandanna of hers.

Barracks

Adir is currently busying himself with packing. Mostly his old clothes and weapons, which are both in dire need of some cleaning. A Watchman might happen upon him piling things messily outside his room for further sorting.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds + Cat]

To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

"I'm a cat." Says the cat bluntly.
    "Who are you, dumb bitch?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #102

Training Grounds Mia-Cornelia

((Sorry Kris I just go to ignore the cat, Life hasn't been so well here to play such a scene))

"Your right. Normal we act in groups, but I believe it's better if everyone can handle more things than their primary weapon."

Mia says caught in toughs.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Tower]

"Take your time. I could use a bit of a break from all that walking anyway." The dwarf removes his overstuffed pack and sets it down, then he removes all the remaining weapons on his person, save for a small hand axe. Urist lands on the pack almost immediately afterward.
    In that case, meet me in half an hour by the obstacle course. It's hard to miss, Wenomir says as he leaves. He left a bit of a pile of axes behind, but he'll clean it up later.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Given that Harnel would need to turn to the side to slam Pat into the ground , he'll have turned sideways to complete the maneuver, and thus will have the opportunity to see the pommel coming towards him. Taking advantage of the fact that he's still holding her left hand, Harnel will twist Pat swiftly putting her left arm in the path of her pommel strike - logic dictates that this would cause the majority of her body to move, throwing off the direction of the strike.

This will potentially cause her enough trouble that when Harnel's tail comes up from below to quickly wrap around her neck, it may very well succeed.
    Training Grounds

Pat's strength will make it hard for him to force her arm to move. Even though he is the stronger, she still knows that to simply allow him to do whatever is a bad thing. Even so, she drops her sword before the strike ends and as Harnel's tail wraps around her neck. As it starts to choke her though, her faceplate opens up as she tries to lean her head forward so her mandibles can clamp down on the tail. The edges are sharp and with her strength, could likely crush or pierce his scales with ease. However, that's just to mark him somehow from all this. If she wasn't getting out unscathed, she wouldn't let him either.

The real threat, is Pat's now open hand. Being careful to aim at the ground in front of Harnel instead of actually targeting him, she shoots out a small stream of powerful acid that will begin eating away at the ground with ease, bubbling, hissing, and spitting as it digs in. She's carved entire caves in that manner, and a dragonkin would be little more.

After the spray though, she'll stop all her thrashing and look right back into his eyes, signalling that she's finished with this. She looks quite frustrated.

15. - Top - End - #105

[Watchtower - Garden]

"We definitely should. Just as soon as things die down maybe." Sakura says with a nod. "You know, Harnel should help us move our stuff. I know I can't lift much, so Adir would have to do most of it himself."
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Gnoll Home

Darcy yelps in surprise, instantly shifting to a more combat ready form. "What was that?"
    Gnoll Home

The woman looks as panicked as you expect a person to be if they spontaneously grow a pair of wings. The brother seems to take it more with ease however and rushes up to his sister to comfort her with a hug before she do something else.

The gnoll then look at Darcy with hesitation and fear on it's face, "Do not know. Dark one magic." He says with a shudder while his new wings seemingly instinctively warps around his sister to comfort her.

She can probably tell they fear they both have been corrupted by the demons... somehow.

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Yeah, I could probably summon a couple of earth elementals to help out too and we should be done fairly quickly." Cessie replies. "Say, it's actually my birthday in about two weeks. Why don't you and Adir come over to the keep then?" Hopefully it will turn out better then Harnel's birthday panic.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

Yazon nods. Hm, he can probably just leave his belongings here for now. They won't be walking away on their own. The dwarf heads outside with Urist following closely behind. he decides to walk along the wall, admiring it's craftsmanship.

[Watchtower - Garden]

What could have been a better gift for Harnel than finally getting to see his children? *nodnod*

"Oh, yes, definitely. Sounds like fun." The dryad agrees readily. She's growing fond of birthday celebrations like this.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Training Grounds Mia-Cornelia

((Sorry Kris I just go to ignore the cat, Life hasn't been so well here to play such a scene))

"Your right. Normal we act in groups, but I believe it's better if everyone can handle more things than their primary weapon."

Mia says caught in toughs.
    "Yes'm. I'll try to work on that," Cornelia says with a smile. She leans forward, batting her eyelashes at Mia. "Iffin, o'course, I can join."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Gnoll Home

The woman looks as panicked as you expect a person to be if they spontaneously grow a pair of wings. The brother seems to take it more with ease however and rushes up to his sister to comfort her with a hug before she do something else.

The gnoll then look at Darcy with hesitation and fear on it's face, "Do not know. Dark one magic." He says with a shudder while his new wings seemingly instinctively warps around his sister to comfort her.

She can probably tell they fear they both have been corrupted by the demons... somehow.
    "You need to come with me, to Watchtower. We can find out what happened there, and try to keep it from harming you." Darcy says decisively.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #109

[Watchtower - Garden]

Cessiie nods and then asks, "What about we throw a delayed birthday for Laela and Adir's return when we visit you? I still haven't given her any gifts yet."

Gnoll Home

"...if you do that. Not know how to repay." The brother admits while trying to ease his siters whimpering. "But if you can. We go. Just give a moment. Okay?" He says in broken common.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Gnoll Home >> Watchtower

Darcy will give them as much time as they need, and will carry the sister. Presumably they make it to Watch where Darcy will take them to the new infirmary. I think KR and a prospective member were headed there as well. Perhaps they'll meet up?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Training Grounds

Pat's strength will make it hard for him to force her arm to move. Even though he is the stronger, she still knows that to simply allow him to do whatever is a bad thing. Even so, she drops her sword before the strike ends and as Harnel's tail wraps around her neck. As it starts to choke her though, her faceplate opens up as she tries to lean her head forward so her mandibles can clamp down on the tail. The edges are sharp and with her strength, could likely crush or pierce his scales with ease. However, that's just to mark him somehow from all this. If she wasn't getting out unscathed, she wouldn't let him either.

The real threat, is Pat's now open hand. Being careful to aim at the ground in front of Harnel instead of actually targeting him, she shoots out a small stream of powerful acid that will begin eating away at the ground with ease, bubbling, hissing, and spitting as it digs in. She's carved entire caves in that manner, and a dragonkin would be little more.

After the spray though, she'll stop all her thrashing and look right back into his eyes, signalling that she's finished with this. She looks quite frustrated.
    [Training Grounds]

Once Pat stops thrashing about, Harnel will release the grip of his tail on her neck, though not on her arm, as that's still glued on. He doesn't pay the acid any mind, and merely winces when his tail is bitten - she was just venting now, and wouldn't be trying to kill her potential teacher.

Using the hand that's glued to Pat's arm, he'll help her stand up, and say, "You did quite well. I've never had that much trouble with a beginner before, and your movements suggest a lot of talent."

A little bit of a praise can go a long way towards lightening a mood, especially after someone's been trounced.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-24 at 09:02 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

When Yazon reaches the obstacle course, he will see Wenomir behind a console, and the elaborate mechanism waiting. The demon hunter motions the dwarf to approach a long running track right next to the entrance.

[Training Grounds]

When the duel is over, Wenomir nods solemnly.
    That was impressive, he says.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

Cessiie nods and then asks, "What about we throw a delayed birthday for Laela and Adir's return when we visit you? I still haven't given her any gifts yet."
    [Garden]

"Good idea. We'll have to get some food and cake." The dryad grins. "I wanna get something for Bastion and Cora too. I still need to think about it, though."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Obstacle Course]

When Yazon reaches the obstacle course, he will see Wenomir behind a console, and the elaborate mechanism waiting. The demon hunter motions the dwarf to approach a long running track right next to the entrance.
    [Obstacle Course]

The dwarf look curiously at the mechanism, but his attention is soon shifted to Wenomir. "Alright then, what do you have planned for me?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

I'm going to put you through a series of tests that'll challenge your fitness, strength, combat ability and quick thinking, Wenomir says from his elevated position behind the console. The running track is the first challenge.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Gnoll Home >> Watchtower

Darcy will give them as much time as they need, and will carry the sister. Presumably they make it to Watch where Darcy will take them to the new infirmary. I think KR and a prospective member were headed there as well. Perhaps they'll meet up?
    Actually they were headed to the old infirmary, to get Dominic's opinion on the new member, whose name I have unfortunately forgotten (Leadership! I has it!). Since it's probable that Dominic is in extended deadtime seeing I haven't seen billtodamax around this part of the board for a while, it might be best if we handwave that conversation and have newdude be accepted as the new (trainee) doctor, assuming, of course, that he is actually somewhat competent (I'll trust his player's judgement on this).

So either KR could be showing him around the medical facilities in the base, including the new infirmary, or else there could be a plotclone of KR... inspecting the medical robots or something. Whichever is convenient, since probably only KR or Cessie are among the active members capable of investigating a sudden Demon Wish, and Cessie getting involved would end up with quite a bit of self roleplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"Right then." Yazon eyes the track with some trepidation. "Not much for running." He says, mostly to himself. He adjusts his mail a bit, running his hands over his admittedly round belly.

"Just give me the word." And when Wenomir tells him to go, the dwarf will run. He's certainly not fast, what with his short legs, but he has pretty good endurance.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Once Yazon starts running, Wenomir pushes a button on his console and the running track begins to revolve, in the opposite direction than Yazon is moving. Thus, the dwarf will have to overcome the track's movement in order to get to the end.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

New Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Actually they were headed to the old infirmary, to get Dominic's opinion on the new member, whose name I have unfortunately forgotten (Leadership! I has it!). Since it's probable that Dominic is in extended deadtime seeing I haven't seen billtodamax around this part of the board for a while, it might be best if we handwave that conversation and have newdude be accepted as the new (trainee) doctor, assuming, of course, that he is actually somewhat competent (I'll trust his player's judgement on this).

So either KR could be showing him around the medical facilities in the base, including the new infirmary, or else there could be a plotclone of KR... inspecting the medical robots or something. Whichever is convenient, since probably only KR or Cessie are among the active members capable of investigating a sudden Demon Wish, and Cessie getting involved would end up with quite a bit of self roleplay.

Yes. Let us say that KR is available, and that New Person Who I Have Also Forgotten The Name Of can step in at any time.

Darcy brings the gnolls into the infirmary, and on seeing KR says, "These two suddenly sprouted wings. The sister was previously infected with demon poison, but the brother wasn't. We need to know how far the demons have been involved and whether they're being corrupted."

Then in a lower voice. "Also, there's Ilpholin. We'll need to talk about her soon." Presumably Wenomir has brought KR up to date on Ilpholin's demonification? Anyway, as dear as Ilpholin is to Darcy, she considers the gnolls the more urgent problem, as there might be a chance to prevent them being corrupted. Whereas Ilpholin is already gone, and a few more days probably won't make much difference.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"Hey now!" Yazon cries out as he almost falls on his face. The dwarf pumps his legs as fast as he can. He makes some progress, but it won't be too long before he's huffing and puffing and begins to slow.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

When Wenomir sees Yazon is having trouble, he slows down the track. Now it still moves in opposite direction to Yazon's run, but very slowly and becomes only a small difficulty.