New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

If it weren't for him being in third person, you would swear he'd be rolling his eyes.
    "This unit has biofoam, but was not planning on removal of shrapnel."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

2. - Top - End - #752

Argyle, Valen, & Jason

With the added advice of Volsung, it was looking like the removal of this piece of shrapnel was going to be best perform aboard the Dawn Evader. And with Valen being banged up as well, that probably was the best place to rendezvous. Once Anex managed to get the ship moved, that is.

"Negative. Though I'm not really in the condition to search, I've been having Valkyrie try to scan for any sign of Ivory One or Six. Their suits are both offline and their AIs are non-responsive. I think it's safe to call Code Leonidas on them. Two more... I'm starting to think that Spartans are an endangered species, Captain."

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Anex

You get the Phantom as close as you dare to where your ship is docked with the UNSC Corvette and release the controls and open the bay doors. Your 02 levels were sitting pretty, at a cool 86%. Moving aft, you are able to see the Dawn Evader in clear sight, with minimal debris between you and your target. But a jump through space was always tricky because it was either all or nothing.

The voice of Valkyrie seems to come in, almost as if to coax you through any trace of hesitation you might be feeling, "Spartan X696 has already arrived and secured Objective One. He is standing by to receive you in the Cargo Bay. Bay doors will open on your mark, 544."
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-08-15 at 11:05 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ok, nice work.
    Anex replies, before starting to concentrate on the task at hand.
    Let's do this!
    He thinks by himself as he jumps into space, reeling towards the Dawn Evader.

4. - Top - End - #754

Argyle nods in his suit.
    "Once spot repairs are done on this suit this unit will continue searching. There aren't enough enemy corpses for a Sparten burial."

Spoiler
    Show

Once I've done as much as I can, Argyle will begin searching.
    Search roll: (1d20+7)[20]
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Last I saw of Ivory 1, Casey chimes in, he was getting pulled towards the breach right after the explosion. Jason went to catch him and, well, that's when the ship fell on us.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

6. - Top - End - #756

Volsung & Ceara

T97, having finished what she was doing with the terminal, joined Volsung a little ways down the corridor and the two of them began hastily making their way towards the central transit system that Ceara had just activated.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Argyle, Valen, & Jason

Once Jason is treated enough for transport, Argyle manages to get him propped up and secured against a section of the still-intact wreckage as he goes searched for more signs of the other two missing Spartans of Sapphire Team.

However, as much as he is able to poke and prod around in the immediate area... he finds nothing more that is able to clue him in to their fates.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Anex & Drake

"I'll take that as 'mark'.", came Valkyrie's dry tone. As Anex launches himself out of the Phantom and sails through the void towards his destination, he is able to see the Cargo Bay door disengage and begin to lower. The sight of Drake, the golden-colored Spartan, awaiting just inside with an outstretched hand, was a welcomed visual. Reaching out, you clasp forearms and he pulls you inside, where you easily regain your footing. Drake reaches over and hits the button to manually close the Cargo Bay off from the harshness of space just outside.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

7. - Top - End - #757

DrowGuy

Thanks.
    Anex says to Drake as he is pulled into the Dawn Evader.
    We need to hurry, we have to undock this ship before it gets shred to pieces.

8. - Top - End - #758

"Alright then," Volsung says, slightly mollified by 3's tone of voice. Waiting beside the door for Ceara to come out, he pans around the map that Val gave at the beginning of the mission, noticing the section labeled "Transit" regaining power.

Bounding up from where he was sitting and down the hallway as the other Spartan emerges from the terminal, he says,"Awesome! Now let's go kick some purple a*s."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

9. - Top - End - #759

"Alright. Let's get to Sapphire Team and secure Objective Two; not sure if we have time for Objective Three, whatever that is."

With that, she waves Volsung forwards, as they arrive at the transportation rail.

"Central Mag-Rail. Next destination, big freakin' Slipspace drive."
    please note that incoherent posting is incoherent.
    -Kymme gets all the credit for my current avatar. ALL OF IT.-
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by OneCalledBlue; Genderbent Ithlikar

10. - Top - End - #760

Volsung & Ceara

R36 is soon joined by T97 and the two of them begin weaving their way through unobstructed corridors and cut-through bays, eventually making it to the Transit System. As they step foot into the station, the lights flicker on. A train car, similar in look to a bullet with two opposing pointed ends with a white stripe running the length, sits there as if it was waiting for the Spartans' arrival.

The panel closest to the platform on which Volsung and Ceara now stood was open upward, the door's hinges running along the top of the car. Inside, they could see nearly a dozen seats facing one another.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Anex & Drake

"Yeah, yeah... don't get all mushy on me.", Drake added dryly as he turned and followed you towards the Bridge. The two of you made your way through the rooms of the Dawn Evader, and the gold Spartan let out a low whistle.

"You guys have quite the little set-up onboard this bird."

Shortly afterwards, you pass through the door into the Bridge. The timer on your HUD drops below 2:45.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-08-21 at 12:18 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

11. - Top - End - #761

Argyle continues his search, slowly becoming more desperate as time counts down.
    "Anex, hows it coming."

Spoiler
    Show

Argyle will by this time be taking 20 on his search check. If theres not enough time, then:
    Serch: (1d20+7)[16]
    This is mostly me saying I'm alive though.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #762

DrowGuy

Yes, we're not complaining, that's why I want to see her safe through this meteorite shower.
    Anex replies to the golden spartan.

When the question of Argyle comes in, he radios back:
    I'm on the Dawn Evader now, together with Drake, we'll keep her safe.
    As he makes his way to remove the connections keeping the Dawn Evader stuck to the Summer Storm.

13. - Top - End - #763

Stepping into the car of the train, Volsung does a quick search for anything that might try and kill them. As the train sets off and with his search complete, he sits down and leans back. "So, um, seats," he says, rather awkwardly trying to fill the silence. "We don't often get seats on missions."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

14. - Top - End - #764

Volsung & Ceara

You both board the relatively small car and perform a sweep, finding nothing to give you any worry. As you finish up, Ceara closes the 'gull-wing' style door and flips the large red latching mechanism - turning the light beside it from red to green. You see the compartments around the transit car closing and hear them decompress, as the gravity gyros are taken offline within the tunnel. As you feel weightlessness come over your body again, you can also hear the electromagnetic propulsion generators come online.

T97 sits opposite of you and buckles her SAW into the seat beside her. When she was secured, she nods to you and you reach over and hit the ready button. You hear the sound of three muffled dings from the station platform outside the car, and then everything outside the windows became a blur of gray and black. You felt the movement for a brief second, but knew that the G-forces you would be experiencing if the transit tunnel system did not operate at Zero-G were enough to kill a normal human... but then again, you weren't a normal human either.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Argyle, Valen, & Jason

Despite the increased thoroughness of Argyle's searching, Spartan O23 was unable to find any other signs of the remaining two members of Sapphire Team. It appeared that they were, in fact, gone.

Valen had gotten to his feet and was situating the slipspace drive for travel. Luckily, this area's grav was out... it was going to be another story if you had to get it through an area who's gravitational integrity was still intact.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Anex & Drake

You plop yourself down into the pilot's chair and begin the undocking procedure, the clamps releasing their pressure all at once and the Summer Storm's coupler giving a slight hydraulic nudge to the port of the Dawn Evader in order to clear the smaller ship. Firing up her thrusters, the black stealth vessel came under her own power and Anex took the controls.

Drake took the co-pilot's chair, if nothing more than simply having a place to sit. Valkyrie then gave the coordinates for the docking bay that had been opened by Ceara's tinkering around in the computer systems and a NAV point appeared on both of your HUDs.

Spoiler
    Show

Moomoo: Go ahead and make a Pilot check for me, please sir!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

15. - Top - End - #765

Volsung & Ceara

You arrive at the station designated for Engineering and depart from the pod-car after releasing the latch and stepping out onto the platform. You can feel that the gravity is out in this section, and begin to make your way towards finding Argyle and the remainder of Sapphire Team.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Anex & Drake

You manage to locate the hanger bay that Ceara had opened up for you and guide the Dawn Evader in safely, her black hull parting the blue energy field and gently setting down in an area open enough for her to fit. Once the landing gear hissed engaged, mag-locking in place since gravity wouldn't hold her down, you unbuckled yourselves from the seats on the Bridge.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

16. - Top - End - #766

DrowGuy

After landing the Dawn Evader, Anex radios in:
    The Dawn Evader is safe. What is the situation over there?

17. - Top - End - #767

Stepping out into the gravity-less confines of the engineering section of the ship, Volsung locks down his grav boots and broadcasts to Argyle. "3, we are nearing your location. Is there anything we should expect on the approach?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

18. - Top - End - #768

Volsung & Ceara

You continue making your way towards the Nav Point marking the location of the slipspace drive, which you were certain the rest of your teams were somewhere near.

You hear Valen broadcast a response to Anex, who had just finished docking the Dawn Evader inside one of the bays of the Corvette, safely away from the asteroid field that you were all about to enter.

"Stable, Ivory Two. For now, at least. Make your way to the Nav Point and we'll start heading your direction with the drive."

The counter on your HUD rolls past the 1 minute mark.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Anex & Drake

As you and Drake exit the ship, the voice of Valen comes back. As you talk, a Nav Point appears on your HUD.

"Stable, Ivory Two. For now, at least. Make your way to the Nav Point and we'll start heading your direction with the drive."

The counter on entering Kainan's Belt also rolls past the 1 minute mark.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

19. - Top - End - #769

DrowGuy

Roger that. On my way.
    Anex replies as he starts heading towards the navigation point, keeping his eyes and ears open.

20. - Top - End - #770

Slapping the control panel on the bulkhead into engineering, Volsung broadcasts, "Doubt we'll need that timer now. Anex, 3, Ceara and I are entering the engine bay now, and it would be appreciated if you didn't shoot us."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

21. - Top - End - #771

DrowGuy

Anex smiles at this:
    Why, I could use some target practice.

22. - Top - End - #772

After several minutes, all that remains of Teams Onyx and Ivory have gathered, with the addition of Drake. Argyle had finished floating Jason's body back over to where Valen and the slipspace drive were situated.

V21 sounded off, "Alright, let's get Objective Two back to the Evader."
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-09-10 at 07:44 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #773

"Volsung, grab anybody you need and let's get this sparten onto the Dawn, movement might be bad but we can't treat him here... Casey, if possible could you immobilize the suit but cutting the servo's. Anex, please return Gnomere."
    "Yea, this phantom is a little roomy but it isn't something I would like to call home."
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-09-09 at 03:54 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #774

DrowGuy

Anex walked over and handed over the AI.
    Thanks for that, it helped me a bunch.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

"Volsung, grab anybody you need and let's get this sparten onto the Dawn, movement might be bad but we can't treat him here... Casey, if possible could you immobilize the suit but cutting the servo's.
    Roger, locking armor.

Jason's suit shifted a little as the power armor clamped itself into a rigid position. Well, most of it did.

Oh, for crying out--left arm's not responding, circut must have gotten cut.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

26. - Top - End - #776

Argyle accepts the chip from Anex, he smiles under his helmet, not that anyone could see it.
    "Not to sound like Goldilocks, but this is just right."
    "Good to see I'm not a failure as a software designer."
    "Ha."

Oh, for crying out--left arm's not responding, circut must have gotten cut.
    "Duly noted. Iaoch-"
    "Already on it."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll use a mending cantrip on it if it looks like it's something that could be fixed on the spot.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

27. - Top - End - #777

Iaoch was able to locate the problem and, after removing a small plate beneath the main pauldron, Argyle could see that two of the wires were indeed severed. Within minutes, his AI was able to guide him through splicing in a length of wiring pulled from the nearby wreckage. After returning the plate, the small repair was completed and Casey was able to lock the remaining limb, stabilizing Jason enough for transport.

"Drake, Ceara... you two are on the slipspace drive. Volsung, you have Jason. When we reach areas with gravity still active, I want Argyle helping out with the drive and Anex with Jason. For now, Anex... you're on point heading back to the ship. Lead us out.", Valen orders as he mostly rights himself and shoulders his battle rifle. The Major limps towards the back of your little convoy and takes up the rear guard position.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-09-10 at 07:43 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

28. - Top - End - #778

DrowGuy

Anex nods.
    Understood, we will be there shortly, it is not that far.
    And he turns around to lead the way for the others.

29. - Top - End - #779

"Suit locked, I'll let you thank me once your done with your patient."
    "Oh shush you, and be glad you don't need doctors.

Argyle takes up position to move the slips pace drive.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #780

Bending down, Volsung scoops up the rigid spartan, grunting with effort as he stands back up to his full height. Broadcasting to the Dawn Evader, he starts talking to his AI. "Rho, we need the med bay prepped before we get back. Get Valeria somewhere safe and keep her head cooled and drained."

I have a quote!
    I like you.