New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1441
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

Argyle pulls back, speaking this time.
    "Anex, your up. Volsung, ready your Bruteshot for Jackles. Gunnar, Brute or Sniper? Vidarr, who can you see?"

Meanwhile, tac-markers of where the now out of sight aliens where [roughly] are now painted on the Hud's of Non-Saphire team members.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I've got the brute. My weapons aren't that effective at range, so me taking on the sniper would involve getting closer than I'll probably be able to get.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Treeman's Triumph Seasons VI: 3/8/2 Loser in the Crud! Cup Match
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

3. - Top - End - #1113

"Noted, Gunnar, that leaves us the sniper and second brute until Vidarr reports in. Now then, go play the invisible man and lets wait to hear some screams."
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

I've a bead on the sniper. He will be down before anybody says "What was that sound?" Vidarr reports. I can see most of the troops, don't worry, Vidarr has your backs.

5. - Top - End - #1115

"Good. Hold your bead, lets wait for screams."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Anex puts on his active camo and starts to move as quickly and silently as possible towards the spire and the brute standing there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Move silently (1d20+18)[27]

7. - Top - End - #1117

Anex moves forward, after having enabled his active camo. Fading from sight, he is able to circumvent the large rock that the remainder of Crimson Team were still behind. And as he rounded the corner, he could see that he had a straight line to the Brute that was looking down into this massive chasm of a pit nearby.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

8. - Top - End - #1118

Continuing to listen for the signal and creeping forward, Anex gets within striking distance from the large, hairy creature. At one point, the Brute half turns around, sniffing at the air with his nostrils flaring. His amber-colored eyes scanning the area around him briefly before he turns his attention back down the pit. He shifted the spiker in his hand in a bored manner and adjusted his bandolier, from which four spiker grenades hung. This close, Anex could hear the thing breathing heavily - a guttural rising and falling that bordered on a growl.

Ages seemed to pass, and Spartan 544 started to nervously eye the power meter for his active camo, displayed on his HUD, with apprehension. Finally, the signal came. There was a pop first, strange and foreign to the noises of this facility. The Brute turned its head in that direction, and held it's breath. And then you realized that the sound was the report of a flashbang. It was quickly followed by a barrage of gunfire that came from Sapphire Team... and then came the screams of the Covenant patrol that they had ambushed.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr felt the burn of holding his breathe start to sting, but he kept the bead on his target and waited.

Come on... come on... His mind was one-tracked, and he waited for the kill command.

Fire. Came Vivian's voice. Before many others had realized the signal had gone off, Vivian had known for a hundred thousand clock cycles. A split second was plenty of time to be sure the noise she detected through the mics of other squads was the signal. The bits that would be translated into a voice were arranged and sent to Vidarr's speakers. Clear, sure, and commanding, her single word was enough for Vidarr to squeeze the trigger.

Goodnight. He whispered as the bullet flew. Hesitating to see if his target fell, he didn't move the scope anymore than his breathing forced him too.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[29] To hit.
    I can't find the damage of a sniper rifle anymore. I'll assume it deals: (12d8+99)[145] Divine damage.

10. - Top - End - #1120

Argyle steps out from around the boulders, lining his spiker up on the brute as he begins to run, opening fire.
    'Killed by spiker. To bad they don't understand irony.'

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure how accurate the description really is, but autofiring at the brute Anex isn't near, at roughly 100ft away I think so -3 for range.

Hit (1d20+9)[17]
    Crith (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage (2d4)[6]

Hit (1d20+7)[27]
    Crith (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage (2d4)[3] Crit!

Hit (1d20+5)[15]
    Crith (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage (2d4)[5]

Hit (1d20+3)[18]
    Crith (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage (2d4)[8]

Hit (1d20+1)[7]
    Crith (1d20+1)[16]
    Damage (2d4)[3]
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-01-16 at 03:52 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

11. - Top - End - #1121

DrowGuy

As soon as the signal came and the Brute had turned around, Anex was there to slit a knife in his throat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+8)[24] , no idea if I get a sneak attack bonus?
    Damage: (1d4+2)[5]

12. - Top - End - #1122

Vidarr's shot rings out, striking the Jackal sniper directly in his glowing red optical enhancer. The creature emits a muted whimper, high above the rest of the team, before tumbling slowly from his perch and landing at the foot of his spire.

Anex stabs the nearly armorless Brute in the throat, jamming his knife into the furry beast's neck up to the hilt of his combat knife. Although the Spartan knows that the strike would have normally been deadly... the creature still stands! His crimson blood spurting from the wound and floating almost like globular feathers towards the gravelly ground. He staggers back from the now-visible Anex in astonishment and places his free hand up to the surely fatal puncture. He opens his mouth to roar, but only a hoarse mewing comes out, as he raises his Spiker!

Argyle fires at the Brute standing watch on the rock nearby, hitting with the first four spikes fired from his Spiker. Despite the successful barrage of steel projectiles, only one of them seems to penetrate deep enough into the tough hide of the b@st@rd to do him true harm!

Volsung rounds the rock and opens fire on the Brute that is engaged with Anex. His shot hits, but the bullet does not seem to cause much damage to the thing.

Gunnar likewise moves around the large rock towards Anex and his Brute, closing the distance between and joining his comrades in the exchange.

Meanwhile, Sapphire Team continues its own assault somewhere nearby. Shots from both sides of the conflict can be heard, as well as a lot of shouting.

Spoiler
    Show

Brutes:
    (1d20+2)[17]
    Jackals:
    (1d20+7)[26]
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

13. - Top - End - #1123

As soon as the signal for the attack is loud enough to hear, Volsung jumps out of cover and runs to the far side of the rock to support Anex. When the brute engaged in the knife fight comes into view, he fires off his bruteshot, the projectile impacting with a loud bang.

Seeing that the grenade did barely anything to hurt it's target, Volsung swears loudly and starts running toward the brute.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

Kill confirmed. Painting next target. Brute on the rocks. Aim.

Vidarr's HUD splashed a bit of red, and he swiveled his gun to aim at the brute. It looked like he had a few spikes in him, but he seemed unphased. Brutes were high priority, with no snipers left to be seen. He aimed carefully and squeezed off another shot. Argyle, I'll try and take this brute down. Just past him is a cluster of f^cks who need a good 'nading.

Sending him an overlay. Vivian sent an image of the location of the jackels that Vidarr could see to Argyle, so he could see where they were, even without having line of sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[28] To hit
    (4d10)[25] Righteous Fury Damage

15. - Top - End - #1125

Vidarr's second reports, hitting the Brute on the rock that was over-looking the developing battlefield for Crimson Team. The shot staggers the beast significantly, but the sniping Spartan can tell that it did not take him out completely.

The Brute that Anex had stabbed, looking more than pleased to engage in a fight between blades, lunges forward with the knife-like edges of his Spiker at Spartan 544 and attempts to cut him. His strike hits and causes his opponent's shield to being to falter. Luckily, the suit's shields still held out the damage!

The severely-wounded Brute pulls a grenade from his bandolier and hurls it at Argyle! However, with how far of a throw it is and how badly injured he was... the grenade goes no more than twenty feet or so and detonates - killing the Brute that had thrown it!

Another Brute comes from the other side of the nearby spire tower, pushing his way through the gathered Jackals and scans the area quickly to discern what exactly is going on. When he sees Crimson Team, he levels his Mauler towards Anex and fires. The pellets barely hit the Spartan, but his shields do suffer a further push to their brink.

Spoiler
    Show

Brute (Pit):
    (1d20+10)[25] (Attack - versus Anex)
    (1d4+6)[8] (Spiker)

Brute (Rock):
    (1d20-2)[3] (Attack - versus Erik)
    (3d4)[10] (Spike grenade - outer circle)
    (3d4)[9] (Spike grenade - inner circle; add to outer circle damage)

Brute (Gray):
    (1d20+6)[22] (Attack - versus Anex)
    (1d3)[2] (Spiker)
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-01-20 at 01:29 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

16. - Top - End - #1126

HalflingRogueGuy

Oi, he's not your problem! Let your friend try to deal with him and enter the dance of Death. Gunnar broadcasts through his speakers as he charges toward the newly arrived Brute firing in a terrible pattern.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

17. - Top - End - #1127

Argyle groans as he ligns up his target from his new position on the rocks above.
    "We're not the distraction team Gunnar. But if you would be a lad and keep him still a moment..."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

Pfft. Olivia's voice rippled into Vidarr's ear as Vivian laughs. Did you see that? What an idiot!

Next target. Vidarr replies just before another Brute is painted crimson on his HUD. He lines up a shot, prays for blood, and braces for recoil. Uhhh I'm just gonna throw this... ooops! Hahaha! Vidarr smiles at Vivian's merriment, and presses button that sends a bit of metal spinning sinisterly towards a corpse-to-be. Still counts as my kill, right?

Of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+13)[21] to hit
    (4d10)[12] Justice League of America damage

Targeting the "Grey Brute" because I'm not sure if I can engage the force north of you all, since they aren't listed on the enemy board. And I have faith Anex'll get his.

19. - Top - End - #1129

HalflingRogueGuy

Congratulations on bringing the ire of a superior officer upon yourself. Any chance you're going to do an even better job of alerting our enemies to our presence? Perhaps shoot off a flare. Give them five minutes to set up after we've made our ambush? Honestly, how'd someone as dumb and impulsive as you make it through the Spartan Program?

Gunnar shuts down his speakers for now, and broadcasts to Argyle
    That was more tactical. I wouldn't want to be fighting a brute in melee. With another group shooting at me that's just asking to die. By keeping these Jackals and Brute occupied with me I'm giving him time to finish off that Brute and then get his Shields back online. Maybe go invisible again.
    Last edited by Clarkson; 2014-01-21 at 12:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130

DrowGuy

The brute in front of him can only see a helmet, but inside that, Anex was grimacing: My turn, splitjaw.
    He mumbles as he attacks again, trying at the same time to bring the Brute to the edge of the pit, or over it, rather.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[3]

21. - Top - End - #1131

Advancing steadily forward, Volsung laughs aloud over the comms when he hear Gunnar being reprimanded. "He's the pointman, remember Argyle? Means he's supposed to go do things like that. No less stupid, but it's his job to be... Whoops" Seeing the group of hostiles that Gunnar was engaging come into his field of view, the battlefield began to be punctuated by the steady phut-booms of the medic's bruteshot.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Anex continues the knife fight, trying to position his Brute closer towards the edge of the pit. He strikes out with his combat blade, only dealing superficial damage... not enough to penetrate through the Covenant creature's thick hide and what little armor it wore.

Argyle jet packs his way up on top of a nearby rock, going into a prone position and waiting for a clear shot to fire.

Gunnar engages the newly-arrived Brute with his SAW, his first three bullets hitting the creature. However, only two of the shots seem to punch through enough to deal some damage.

Volsung likewise opens fire at the same Brute that Gunnar just attacked, sending two shots from his brute shot just to the left of the target with the intention of also getting the three Jackals nearest him. The Brute takes the full impact of the first explosion, and recoils enough to avoid the damage from the second. All three of the Jackals, place their shields into defensive positions, allowing the energy barriers to absorb the damage for them.

Spoiler
    Show

Brute (Gray):
    (1d20+7)[9] (REF save 1 - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    (1d20+7)[15] (REF save 1 - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    Jackal1:
    (1d20+9)[21] (REF save 1 - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    (1d20+9)[26] (REF save 1 - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    Jackal2:
    (1d20+9)[20] (REF save 1 - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    (1d20+9)[28] (REF save 1 - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-01-21 at 03:33 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #1133

The first Jackal, who has been charging his plasma pistol, moves slowly forward and then releases the green ball of energy at Anex! The shot trails in a lazy horizontal arc until it strikes Anex in the back, dropping his shields the rest of the way!

The second Jackal has been locking his Needler on to Gunnar as he also moves up. He then fires a barrage of pink crystals through the air at him! Two of the needles embed themselves in the Spartan's armor with the rest seem to glance off or miss entirely.

The third Jackal likewise looses a charged plasma pistol shot at Gunnar after stepping forward, intent on taking out G527's shields. The plasma-wielders seem to be on a roll, as this shot too tracks and hits Gunnar straight in the chest... causing his shields to sparkle golden and then fail.

The fourth Jackal opts to hustle his way around a nearby rock, to get into a better position to fire his Needler.

Vidarr's sniper rifle sounds once more, this time ripping its bullet straight through the leg of the Brute that was approaching with the Jackals. Though you see the shot spray blood onto the ground, the beast still comes on!

The Brute at the pit, locked in mortal combat against Anex, slashes at the Spartan once again with the sharp blades of his Spiker! The strike would've connected too, if not for Anex's training in such situations. The Spartan narrowly deflects the incoming blades with the armor on his forearm, rendering him safe from the potential damage!

Meanwhile, the Brute that was just tagged by Amber Team, presses the attack, and fired his Mauler - encompassing Anex, Gunnar, and his own brother-in-arms in the cone of pellets. Gunnar seems to avoid the damage, but Anex and the Brute that he is fighting are hit, further injuring them both!

Spoiler
    Show

Jackal1:
    (1d20+14)[30] (Attack - versus Anex)
    Plasma Pistol - disables shields, if hit
    Jackal2:
    (1d20+14)[30] (Attack 1 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[4] (Needler; burst next rd for additional 2d4)
    (1d20+12)[28] (Attack 2 - versus Gunnar)
    (1d20+10)[18] (Attack 3 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[5] (Needler; burst next rd for additional 2d4)
    (1d20+8)[20] (Attack 4 - versus Gunnar)
    (1d20+6)[8] (Attack 5 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[2] (Needler; burst next rd for additional 2d4)
    Jackal3:
    (1d20+12)[28] (Attack - versus Gunnar)
    Plasma Pistol - disables shields, if hit
    Jackal4:
    (Double moves.)

Brute (Pit):
    (1d20+6)[16] (Attack - versus Anex)
    (1d4+6)[10] (Spiker blades)
    Brute (Gray):
    (1d20+6)[16] (Attack - versus Gunnar, Anex, & Pit Brute)
    (4d3)[6] (Mauler)
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-01-22 at 11:10 AM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

24. - Top - End - #1134

Argyle curses as he notes shields flare and go down on his hud.
    "Fall back, Free up Anex and then target the plasma jackles."

A tiny colour shift on each Spartan's HUD around the Jackles wielding plasma pistols ensure all know what he means.

He then changes his sighting from a Jackle to the Brute Anex is fighting, opening fire, taking note of the firing solution on his HUD.
    Spoiler
    Show

Iaoch uses true-strike on Argyle. He then fires once. I've taken into account firing into combat, and my range increment is huge...

Hit: (1d20+28)[47]... That was one of a definitely hitting critical. If the Brute survives with under 9 HP it will confirm that the brute is mocking me.
    Crit: (1d20+28)[38]
    Damage: (3d6)[9]
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-01-21 at 05:20 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

25. - Top - End - #1135

DrowGuy

Continuing to rely on his extensive training in melee fighting, Anex launches a counterattack:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[4]

26. - Top - End - #1136

Swearing when the jackals drop their shields to protect themselves from the grenades, Volsung moves forward and resumes firing, shifting his aim after the first shot to concentrate on the jackals.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Target not down. Vivian's voice purrs with some disdain. Fire again.

Vidarr grits his teeth. They have tough hides, don't they? Just going to have to aim at a vital.

No excuses, Vidarr! Olivia mocked the sniper. Your next shot has to kill two baddies, or you'll never catch up to one shot on kill.

Brutes count as two. Maybe three. Vidar replied as he squeezed off another round. Time to move. Don't want to get found.

Vidarr activated his active camo and ran over to the next hill.

Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to point out, by the by, that they are flat footed against me, because they can't see me.
    (d20+13)[23] To hit
    (4d10)[24] Victory damage.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2014-01-22 at 03:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Anex takes the Brute's close proximity and dedication to his attack, to launch one of his own. The Spartan cuts the large Covenant creature across its chest, giving it a large gash to contend with.

Argyle changes his target since the tide battle has swung, instead firing upon the Brute that was engaged with Number Four. The bullet hits the Brute square in his right shoulder, just above Anex's head, but the thing still seems to be alive!

Gunnar activates his shield, a blue disc-like shape erupting from his bracer. He hefts the heavy SAW one-handed and continues to fire at the Brute that was grouped with the Jackals. His second shot hits, but does not seem to faze the thing, but his fifth shot tears into the b@st@rd and makes him bleed!

Volsung moves forward, intent on laying down more Brute shot blasts. His first shot hits the Brute, nearly killing him off. The two Jackals are both caught off-guard by the small explosion, and do not manage to get their shields in place beforehand. Though the damage hurts them badly, they too seem to still be in this fight. However unfortunate, Volsung's second shot in his Brute-made weapon jams... luckily before it armed.

Spoiler
    Show

Jackal 1:
    (1d20+9)[13] (REF save - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    Jackal 2:
    (1d20+9)[10] (REF save - versus Volsung's Brute Shot)
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-01-27 at 03:31 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

29. - Top - End - #1139

The first Jackal, clearly injured, hunkers down and charges his plasma pistol as he falls back behind the others.

The second Jackal, taking his cue from his brother, fires a hail of pink from his Needler at Volsung, before also falling back. His first three needles find a home in Three's body. The first lowers his shields, but the second one hits the Spartan in the neck and depletes his shields the rest of the way! Luckily, however, the third one is staved off from doing damage, thank to the protective armor.

The third Jackal steps forward to take his place on the front line and begins charging his plasma pistol, intent on locking it on to Volsung.

The fourth Jackal unloads his Needler at the shield-wielding Gunnar, before jogging over to sync up with the third Jackal to form up ranks. None of the shots come close, however.

Vidarr shoots at the Brute that had arrived with the Jackals, putting his shot straight through the Covie's skull and dropping him like a bad habit. The sniper, along with Jason, then relocate.. in order to keep the enemy guessing.

The Brute near the pit, near death, takes what may be his final attack on Anex. In a surprise move, he pulls a Spike grenade from his bandolier and swings it at Anex! However, he puts too much power into the strike, and drops the grenade, unarmed, to the ground at his left.

Spoiler
    Show

Jackal1:
    (Declares Dodge on Gunnar)
    Jackal2:
    (Declares Dodge on Volsung)
    (1d20+10)[27] (Attack 1 - versus Volsung)
    (2d4)[7]
    (1d20+8)[28] (Attack 2 - versus Volsung) <--- Critical Hit!
    (2d4)[5]
    (1d20+6)[25] (Attack 3 - versus Volsung)
    (2d4)[3]
    (1d20+4)[11] (Attack 4 - versus Volsung)
    (2d4)[3]
    (1d20+2)[4] (Attack 5 - versus Volsung)
    (2d4)[7]
    Jackal3:
    Jackal4:
    (1d20+10)[23] (Attack 1 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[7]
    (1d20+8)[17] (Attack 2 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[5]
    (1d20+6)[10] (Attack 3 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[5]
    (1d20+4)[21] (Attack 4 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[7]
    (1d20+2)[9] (Attack 5 - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[4]

Brute (Pit):
    (1d20+10)[11] (Attack - versus Anex) <--- Critical Miss!
    (1d8+6)[7]
    Brute (Gray):
    (1d20+6)[24] (Attack - versus Gunnar, Volsung, Anex, & Pit Brute)
    (4d3)[8]

Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-01-29 at 02:48 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

30. - Top - End - #1140

"He's nearly dead, leave it to Anex, we need to get the pistols."
    "...Okay, Iaoch plot me a firing solution to the first, I'll try to bounce the recoil towards it. It's a good day to shatter hands."
    "On it."

A breath later, one shot rings out, then another.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

I'm aiming at hands/guns if possible.

Shot at Unwounded Jackle with plasma pistol
    Hit: (1d20+12)[18]
    Crit: (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage: (3d6)[7]

Iaoch casts True strike, using up his second level 1 spell slot.

Shot at Unwounded Jackle with plasma pistol
    Hit: (1d20+27)[35]
    Crit: (1d20+27)[28]
    Damage: (3d6)[10]
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-01-29 at 03:13 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.