New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1441
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

"If it'll get me off of active duty for a while, I'd even go through medic training again."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2014-03-14 at 07:54 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

2. - Top - End - #1202

"Nah, they'dd make you take your break by training others... Though I bet you'd enjoy introducing yourself as Sergeant Doesn't Exist, ready to whip maggot as$es into shape by immunity to backlash... Hey, toss me one of the plasma pistols I left up, I'd like to keep them on edge without wasting ammo.""
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

3. - Top - End - #1203

"That would make for an interesting introduction. Hi there, I'm legally MIA and part of a unit that doesn't technically exist. You're going to be my b!tches for the next six weeks."

Bending down and picking up one of the plasma pistols lying around, Volsung throws it up to Argyle. "Here ya go."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

4. - Top - End - #1204

Argyle slowly walks over to the pistol, picking it up with his left hand, his DMR hanging low in his right hand.

"Yea. Perhap's we'd get deliberate reinforcements. Just remember to emphasise dodging."

Walking around, Argyle begins firing random shots with the plasma pistol, watching them splash harmlessly against the barrier.
    He does however watch for any indication that the covenant inside are about to lower the shield to shoot him.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #1205

While Argyle keeps them all busy, several of you gather up the plasma grenades of the fallen Covenant forces outside. Activating them without arming them, you place them at the intervals designated as weak points after a short analysis by Wilhelm and Gunnar. You then stand a safe distance away and Wilhelm arms the center-most grenade and falls back.

There is a massive blast of blue fiery plasma and the train station is rocked. Argyle, luckily warned of the incoming explosion, is able to stabilize himself and keep from being knocked from his feet. Purple and gray pieces of plating fly inwards from the portal and scattered across the hex-patterned interior floor. There is a barrage of yelling in the Covenant common language - cries of surprise and shouted orders. The lights that had been green and then changed to red during the lockdown, were out all together now. In fact, you were having a hard time even picking out where they had been but moments before. You all took up position outside the now-missing barrier and prepared to engage!
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

6. - Top - End - #1206

Volsung braces himself for the blast, squaring his shoulders and hunching down as the pressure wave ripples over him. But once the smoke begins to clear, he is upright and aiming once again, lobbing two grenades out of the bruteshot toward the markers Arglye set, roaring "Bleed and die, you sons of b!tches!"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

As soon as he could make out something through the fog of the explosion, Anex fired on the targets inside.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+12)[22]
    (3d4)[6]

(1d20+10)[23]
    (3d4)[5]

(1d20+8)[17]
    (3d4)[9]

(1d20+6)[12]
    (3d4)[3]

(1d20+4)[18]
    (3d4)[4]

8. - Top - End - #1208

Vidarr hurls a plasma grenade, the projectile fuming a trail of blue plasma as it streaked through the freshly-opened door. One of the Jackals manages to avoid the worst of it, but the other and the Brute Leader take the brunt. However, they both seem to survive the blast and the Jackal still has his shield active, though barely from the look of it.

Anex then opens fire on one of the Jackals marked by Argyle's tag as Alpha. His first two bullets finish off the barely fazed shield, while the third and fourth shots miss the newly-exposed creature. However, the fifth bullet finds its target and spills blood from the Jackal.

Meanwhile, Argyle continued to monitor the situation as it developed below him.

Gunnar moves in to close with the Jackal marked as Bravo, looking to mow the creature down with his SAW. The Covenant bastard doesn't even have time to recover from the plasma explosion before Eclipse Seven's barrage shreds him to pieces.

The Brute in charge rounded the corner of the crates that he had been taking cover behind and charged at Wilhelm, bringing his gravity hammer down at OT34. The weapon crushes the helmet of the Spartan down into the body armor, mashing the metal together and shattering his visor. His knees buckle under the impact and he hits the ground hard and skids backwards from the frontline.

"Godd@mm!t!!! Medic!"

The two unarmored Brutes near the back of the station both open fire on the two Spartans upfront, engaging them at a distance with Spikers. The first's shot hits Wilhelm's body as he falls, but is little more than salt on the grave wound he already sustained. The second's attack fails to come anywhere near Gunnar.

The two Jackals prepare to engage their weapons as well.

Volsung then fires two mini grenades from his Brute Shot into the chaos. The first damages the remaining Jackal, but he avoids the blast of the second. Neither shot does much against the Brute Leader's armor and he seems undeterred.

Valen fires on the Brute Leader, trying to bring him down before he could cause any more damage. His first two bullets find soft spots in the hairy beast's armor and draw blood, but the third PINGs harmlessly off of the metal protection.

Spoiler
    Show

Vidarr:
    (1d20+7)[27] (Attack with Plasma Grenade; -6 from distance)
    (6d6)[18] (20' burst)
    Gunnar:
    (1d20+13)[29] (Attack 1 - versus JackalB)
    (3d4)[7]
    (1d20+11)[30] (Attack 2 - versus JackalB)
    (3d4)[7]
    (1d20+9)[22] (Attack 3 - versus JackalB)
    (3d4)[10]
    (1d20+7)[17] (Attack 4 - versus JackalB)
    (3d4)[4]
    (1d20+5)[19] (Attack 5 - versus JackalB)
    (3d4)[11]
    Valen:
    (1d20+14)[17] (Attack 1 - versus Brute(Leader))
    (3d6)[10]
    (1d20+12)[20] (Attack 2 - versus Brute(Leader))
    (3d6)[9]
    (1d20+10)[11] (Attack 3 - versus Brute(Leader))
    (3d6)[13]

Brute (Leader):
    (1d20+7)[12] (Reflex save - versus Vidarr's grenade)
    Brute1:
    (1d20+6)[19] (Attack - versus Wilhelm)
    (2d4)[2]
    Brute2:
    (1d20+6)[11] (Attack - versus Gunnar)
    (2d4)[5]
    JackalA:
    (1d20+9)[27] (Reflex save - versus Vidarr's grenade)
    Charging his plasma pistol
    JackalB:
    (1d20+9)[12] (Reflex save - versus Vidarr's grenade)
    Locking on with his needler
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-04-03 at 04:02 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Not that it matters because I got a Nat 20 on the attack roll, but my ranges for grenades and weapons are 1.5* normal. So, I thought I was in range. Maybe not.

Vidarr notices the Jackal charging his plasma pistol and unloads on him, hoping to put him down before he can tag someone's shields with his people.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    (1d20+13)[19] To hit
    [roll]3d4[[/roll]
    (1d20+13)[17] To hit
    [roll]3d4[[/roll]
    (1d20+13)[19] To hit
    [roll]3d4[[/roll]

Ammo:
    Sniper - 4/0
    Battle - 27/? 60?

How much ammo do we have again? 3 clips?

10. - Top - End - #1210

Volsung screams in horror as the third brute rounds the crates and lays Wilhelm out with its gravity hammer, reflexively firing twice at it as it closes to engage. "NO! No, not again, you **** mothering mother ******!"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

11. - Top - End - #1211

DrowGuy

Damn, not again. Anex grumbled as he tried to keep his thoughts on the action and the Jackal's facing them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shooting the same Jackal as last time.
    (1d20+12)[20]
    (3d4)[8]

(1d20+10)[22]
    (3d4)[9]

(1d20+8)[19]
    (3d4)[6]

(1d20+6)[26]
    (3d4)[8]

(1d20+4)[22]
    (3d4)[9]

12. - Top - End - #1212

Vidarr fires Battle Rifle at the Jackal marked as Alpha, who was charging his plasma pistol, His first shot pierces the creature's skull and blows out the back, sending bluish gore spattering. The Jackal falls and his green bolt discharges and slams into the wall, partially flash-melting ripples into the interior wall of the structure.

Anex, intent on continuing his fire on the Jackal he had in his sights, sees Vidarr's shot drop the target. He then makes the small adjustment in his firing arc to hammer some lead in the direction of the Gravity-Hammer-wielding Brute... who had just killed Wilhelm. His Assault Rifle gives another spray and lights the d@mn thing up like the 4th of July! His bullets tear through the Brute, taking full advantage of his shields being down. Although copious amounts of his blood now litter the ground around him, he is still alive and looks as though he intends on continuing to fight.

Argyle, still in reaction to Wilhelm being taken out by the Brute's hammer strike, gives a small hop and goes feet first through the shield barrier that formed a large portion of the ceiling of this facility. He quickly pulls his combat knife and buries the blade to the hit into the upper part of his prey's back, just at the base of the creature's thick, furry neck. The Brute howls and goes stiff, dropping the Hammer he was leaning on to the floor with a loud CLANG and following it as he falls to his knees and then prone, with Argyle riding him all the way down.

Gunnar, turns his SAW towards the two remaining enemies at the back of the train station and let's the one on the right, marked as '2', have it. The crate he was hiding behind provided him some amount of cover, but three of the shots still managed to find their mark.

The two unarmored Brutes concentrate their fire on the Spartan that just dropped in through the roof, one of them hitting and damaging Argyle's shields. Both then turn and run, making it out the door behind them.

Volsung lobs two more mini grenades after them. The first shot hits the doorframe and denotes too early to do any damage to them. But the second hits right where Volsung wanted, just barely injuring both of the retreating Brutes.

Valen takes off at a sprint, heading around the right side of the building, seemingly with the intention of cutting off their retreat.

Spoiler
    Show

Gunnar:
    (1d20+13)[17] (Attack 1 - versus Brute2)
    (3d4)[7]
    (1d20+11)[16] (Attack 2 - versus Brute2)
    (3d4)[9]
    (1d20+9)[19] (Attack 3 - versus Brute2)
    (3d4)[6]
    (1d20+7)[14] (Attack 4 - versus Brute2)
    (3d4)[5]
    (1d20+5)[12] (Attack 5 - versus Brute2)
    (3d4)[7]
    Valen:
    (Double-moves to F19)

Brute1:
    (Ref save (1d20+7)[25] - versus Volsung's Brute Shot1)
    (Ref save (1d20+7)[18] - versus Volsung's Brute Shot2)
    (1d20+6)[17] (Attack - versus Argyle)
    (2d4)[5]
    Brute2:
    (Ref save (1d20+7)[22] - versus Volsung's Brute Shot1)
    (Ref save (1d20+7)[21] - versus Volsung's Brute Shot2)
    (1d20+6)[19] (Attack - versus Argyle)
    (2d4)[4]
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-04-14 at 12:54 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

13. - Top - End - #1213

Argyle jumps off the back of the dead brute, ignoring the bullets and spikes flying past and hitting his shield as he turns quickly, launching himself after the brutes, as he jumps to slice along ones back, the conduits in his suits arms suddenly charge, electricity working down the knives modified hilt and blade as it moves to plunge into the brute.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show

Brute 2:
    Hit: (1d20+11)[23]
    Crit: (1d20+11)[16]
    Blade Damage: Unknown?
    Shocking Grasp [Iaoch]: (3d6)[10]. + 3 to attack roll if the brute's wearing metal armor and affecting touch AC instead, so a miss that has the blade along the fur could still be painful.

Feel free to tell me I'm doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-04-14 at 08:20 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr inhales deeply, and aims his gun towards the bloodiest brute. He whispered a few words under his breath and lets Thor's wrath be known to the uncouth beasts.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show

(1d20+13)[16]
    (3d4)[10] Raven Damage
    (3d4)[7] Huginn Damage
    (3d4)[11] Muninn Damage

15. - Top - End - #1215

DrowGuy

Good Job Anex broadcasts after the carnage they had created.
    This is what you get when you kill one of ours. He says as he passes the mutilated corpse of the Gravity Hammer brute, pushing forward, determined to make an end to this fight asap.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kill the brutes (shooting the one closest by)
    (1d20+12)[19]
    (3d4)[9]

(1d20+10)[18]
    (3d4)[5]

(1d20+8)[15]
    (3d4)[8]

(1d20+6)[18]
    (3d4)[6]

(1d20+4)[23]
    (3d4)[7]

16. - Top - End - #1216

Vidarr's three-round burst ends the life of the most severly-injured Brute still drawing breath. He collapses just beyond the door to the train station.

The Assault Rifle of Anex sprays lead once more at the last remaining Brute, each shot hitting the thing is his back as he retreats. However, despite the significant damage dealt by Spartan 544, the creature is still struggling to get away from the skirmish.

And that was where Argyle came in. Electricity leapt down his arm and danced chaotically around his drawn combat knife. He strode up to the now stumbling Brute and plunged the knife into him without much effort. The small arcs of lightning jumped from Eclipse Two's armor and into the body of the Covenant b@st@rd... causing him to stiffen uncomfortably before going still and falling limp onto the gravel.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr lowered his rifle. They always speak of the calm before the storm, but never the rage that lingers, unquenchable rage because those you wish to destroy are destroyed. The bloodlust takes a while to wane, but no time to wax. Vidarr mumbles, holding his gun even lower, in one hand, while the other hand forms a fist. His comrades will wish to crowd around his corpse sooner than I will. He is no longer there, only his shell. He sits at Odin's table, or he stands in Freyja's meadow.

Vidarr switched his clip out, and check the dead for grenades.

18. - Top - End - #1218

Volsung runs forward, heedless of the last flurry of fire erupting from his brothers weapons. With a few pounding steps, he reaches the body of the brute that felled Wilhelm and, with a swing of his arms, buries the bayonet of his bruteshot up to the barrel in the things corpse. "No! No, you mother****er, you don't get to go down that easily!" he screams, ripping the blade out and slamming it back home. "You have to suffer! And burn! And scream in agony before you get to go!"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr looked up from his calm search with a grimace. Volsung, why does he need to suffer? Wilhelm didn't suffer, he merely died. Both Wilhelm and the creature are gone from this place, far away into another realm of existence. Neither of them will appreciate this outburst. You're just damage a perfectly good weapon by stabbing at a hunk of meat, meaninglessly. You disgrace Wilhelm by being upset that he fell in battle. Dying is battle is every true warrior's fate. He rests in Valhalla or the calm meadows of Freyja's making, whichever would best put him at peace.

20. - Top - End - #1220

"No, he does need to suffer. Because of how Drake suffered. And how Caera suffered. And Sammael and Hindrance and Simon and Ophelia, and all of the rest of the TWELVE SPARTANS that used to be in this squad," Volsung growls, "And furthermore, Wilhelm does not rest in Valhalla, or Asgard, or whatever bullsh!t pseudo-nordic crap you want to spout. He rests here, on this godforsaken rock that the goddamn Covenant decided would be a good place to hide Ironsides. And speaking of, we need to go and find the old bastard."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2014-04-15 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Numbers

I have a quote!
    I like you.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr sneered, but luckily his helmet covered his face. If that is what you want to believe, then fine. You're still making a meaningless gesture. Wasting time and energy. Let's finish our mission, or you will have to say Wilhelm died for nothing.

22. - Top - End - #1222

"It'll sound hypocritical from this unit but stow it. This squad on a timer and the brute is dead... This unit will find a nice brute for you to torture on the way back."
    Argyles voice is surprisingly hard for his normal 3rd person monotone as he wipes his blade against the standing hairs of the brute to clean it before sheathing his blade, then taking the brutes spiker, and ammunition from his companion, dropping his plasma pistol.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

23. - Top - End - #1223

DrowGuy

Anex approaches Volsung
    Come on man, don't let your emotions get the better of you. We have a mission to do and we have to stay focused if we want to sit this one out alive.

24. - Top - End - #1224

"He could be in Heaven, or Valhalla, or in a penthouse suite on Arcadia for all we know. But he isn't here, R36, even if his body is. And we'll come and retrieve Simon and him... if we can. But first, Four is right - we've got a mission to accomplish here. And it's one that we thought we would have nine to get done and now have seven to work with. Get your heads on straight, gentlemen. I need Spartans today.", Valen gave with his usual air of 'pep talk'. Those of you who had served with him knew that he took the loss of every man or woman under his command very heavily - even taking to tattooing the callsign of each fallen Spartan on himself. And now he had two more names that he would have to have added... but was it only going to be two more? It was getting hard to tell. It was your job to fight, to die if need be, in whatever the UNSC saw fit to throw you at, but d@mn if there weren't a lot of you dying. Even if the medic's outburst was a little... enthused... he had a d@mn fine point. Did he have that right - "twelve"?! You racked your brain and did the calculations, of either the ones you knew or those that you had heard about, and came back with the same number. Sh!t... a dozen brothers and sisters. That's a whole 'nother Team's worth, if not two more. Looking around you saw the six other Spartans that were left with you now. You just hoped that it was going to be enough to get Harper off of this rock and back into a position to really stick it to these Covenant cowards.

Vidarr scavenges around and finds no shortage of plasma and spiker grenades. He easily has his pick to fill up to the four he was able to carry all at once.

Argyle took up the replacement Spiker and the ammo for it - finding two mags worth of the metal projectiles in total.

Anex approaches the purple crates that were inside the train station and checks them out. Two of them had already been popped open and it looked like that was were the Drone Brutes had gotten their weapons from. The other two, however, had not been cracked. In all four, there was a decent selection of Covenant weaponry and grenades - more plasma and spikers.

"We also need to check those UNSC crates they for forced to leave behind. Five and Seven... get on that ASAP."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

25. - Top - End - #1225

Volsung raises his hand to salute, his voice still shaky with emotion. "My apologies sir. Its just... its never easy to lose a brother. Always feels like its my damn fault."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

26. - Top - End - #1226

DrowGuy

It's not our fault, it's those damn splitjaws. And I for one am ready to let them pay for it.
    Anex says as he loads his new found Spiker.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Argyle silently moves to check the crates, spiker in hand.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

28. - Top - End - #1228

"I know.", Valen replies simply to Volsung, placing a hand upon the shoulder of the medic-trained Spartan.

You all gather up ammo and grenades, cycling your magazines and checking over all of your gear to make sure that it was all in functioning order before whatever came next.

"Lieutenant Colonel, you may want to come and see this.", Gunnar broadcast from outside, where he and Jason were inspecting the UNSC crates. Valen immediately turned on his heels and began hustling his way out of the train station.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr grabbed his sniper's rifle and looked around outside while following his commander.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[14] Spot check

30. - Top - End - #1230

DrowGuy

Anex follows Valen and Vidarr to the outside, curious to know what is going on there.