New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Black Mages of Corneria (IC)

What other establishment? As far as I can tell, the damn place doesn't exist. says Raiden with a certain level of annoyance.

Ahem, sorry about that. I'm just hungry, as he guzzles down a tasty beverage.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Thina, Bard of Blue
    Thina laughs at Raiden. I know the truth. He looked more lost than anything else, but I'll let him have this one. She orders another drink from the bartender and then sits at the bar with her comrades, listening to the murmur of the Inn.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ezekial

Doesn't exist? Why its no more than a 5 minute walk out that door. This isn't that big a town you know.

4. - Top - End - #244

A bit exasperated at Ezekial's response, Raiden stammers, But I looked...er, I went tha-...whatever.

When the food comes, Raiden scarfs it down, thanks the bartender, and asks where his room is at. See you all in the morning, bright and early. We can't count on those birds to be here when we wake up, so we might need an early start, says Raiden to Thina, Malreth, and Ezekial. He reaches in his pouch and feels for the yellow feather.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-07-12 at 01:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ezekial

Listening to Raiden, Ezekial exclaims loudly, Early start? We aren't stuck under that crazy woman's roof so I am not rising before they have prepared breakfast!

6. - Top - End - #246

Raiden ponders for a second and nods his head in agreement. You're right old man. And it's more time for me to get warmed up, as he flexes one arm. You hear a slight sizzle in the air. Getting up from the table, Raiden retires to his room.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Thina, Bard of Blue
    Thina shakes her head and smiles. We may not be at Matoya's, but somehow I think she will wake us early anyway. She laughs at this though, out loud, and finishes her drink. "Well, I am off to bed as well. It has been a long and tiring day. See you all in the morning." With that, Thina goes to her room, looks around for a moment in the room, and then goes to bed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception for looking around the room, Thina is nosey
    (1d20+12)[17]

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man approached an irritable-looking Malreth and as a response to the question he split the stack of coins in front of him in half and placed them in front of the man.

Seeing that the others are not within earshot, Malreth speaks but in a hushed tone.

"I'm going to ask you a very simple question. Have you ever seen an elf in here who looked like me? When inebriated, this elf would have possibly spoken of either a family he failed or a brother who overshadowed him."
    Many thanks to Ceika for the sweet avatar.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ezekial

Seeing the others head to bed, Ezekial rises and heads for his room as well.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The bartender thinks for a moment before replying to Malreth in Elven, <"Well, how long ago would this have been? I try to remember regular faces, and we don't get many elves here. Moreso than in the Druken Dwarf, so if he did come through here he'd probably have stopped here.">

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Malreth, we can continue this most likely short conversation with the bartender when you're available. Right now, I'd rather not hold up the rest of the gang.))

The sun rises on Bridgetown. If you got going before noon, you could make it to Corneria before dusk even by foot. The castle in all its grandeur is even visible from here.

12. - Top - End - #252

Raiden gives himself a little time to sleep in before awakening and heading down to the tavern's parlor. I'd go out to the fields and train, but I don't know if I'd even make it back here, he mutters to himself. Eating breakfast and awaiting his friends, he chats up some of the locals to see what else might be going on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Streetwise - (1d20+7)[9] with people both in the bar and outside of it, standing around in the street or whatever. But not too far away. If there are any rumors going around this town about any happenings in Corneria, given that we're so close, it might be good to know about them beforehand.

There must have been some hard partying last night because it seems no one is in a talking mood.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-07-17 at 04:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hmm...He has been on the run for over a year and a half. I hoped should he had stopped here, his presence would be either recent...or memorable. Maybe he would have waited for my return even..." Malreth drifted in thought briefly before returning to focus.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rausdower View Post
    "Hmm...He has been on the run for over a year and a half. I hoped should he had stopped here, his presence would be either recent...or memorable. Maybe he would have waited for my return even..." Malreth drifted in thought briefly before returning to focus.
    <"Only that long? Oh good, I thought you were going to say he was here decades ago or something. Let me think for a minute..."> He studies your face for a bit. <"You do look a little familiar. Yeah, I think there was an elf like that some time ago. Got pretty wasted and started talking the ear off of whoever would listen. It's been a while. If I remember, he kind of went on a tirade. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but he talked about doing all sorts of drastic things to himself: becoming a bandit, joining a convent, suicide, he was all over the place. I don't know where he went after he left town though. He didn't stick around.>"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I...I thank you for the information.", Malreth was clearly unsettled as he left the remaining coins on the table and headed upstairs to his room. Sleep did not come easily that night for the elf as he tossed and turned while thinking of what past mistakes he made to drive Fireth away.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Thina, Bard of Blue
    Thina rises, not as early as at school, but still early, and goes down to eat breakfast. She sits in silence, not because she is angry but because she is still waking up. She finishes breakfast and sits outside for awhile, outside, soaking in the sun and looking around at the people, just watching them. She starts to sing, not trying to do anything in particular, but just feeling good about the day. She sings, smiles, and people watches.....waiting for the others to be ready to leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception for looking around:(1d20+12)[17](29)
    Diplomacy for singing. She isn't trying to get anything out of anyone, but her voice naturally calls to people: (1d20+14)[11](25)

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ezekial

Well after the sun has risin, Ezekial rises and joins the others in the common room. What did you all have for breakfast? This establishment is famous for its large breakfast portions.

18. - Top - End - #258

This man is obsessed with breakfast! Someone get him some food! jokes Raiden. I had the pig. Butchered fresh this morning, as he closes his eyes, smiles, and pats his belly.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ezekial

Laughing good naturedly, I hope they didnt try to get you eat the whole pig though I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Waving a barmaid over, Ezekial order breakfast, I will have some of your roast pig and a couple of eggs for breakfast, thanks.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Malreth, still in his room, takes the time to intricately memorize his incantations and verses for his spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    Daily -
    Color Spray
    Chill Strike

Utility -
    Expeditious Retreat
    Shield

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ezekial

When the plate is placed before him, heaping with pork and topped with two large fried eggs he sighs with pleasure. I haven't had food like this since before I joined that blasted school. You would think she could magic up a decent cook, but no. Ezekial then proceeds to dig into his food with gusto.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Those who take the time to plan the day's route will note two major routes to Corneria. One through the forest which is a fraction of the length of the other, but goes through the forest and isn't recommended for trade routes or anyone incapable of defending themselves. Another circles around the forest but is far less dangerous or at least easier to defend against attacks. It will mean the difference between arriving before sunset or late into the night.

23. - Top - End - #263

After consulting with the group, Raiden boasts, I'm not afraid! Let's take the forest route. We don't want the guards mistaking us for troublemakers if we approach the gates late into the night.

Besides, even if we do run into trouble, you guys always have me to protect you!
    as he cracks off a jolt of lightning straight into the air.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Thina, Bard of Blue
    "I, too, think we can take the quicker route. We are able to defend ourselves well enough, it also might be nice to flex out collective muscles on the road and test our little group together." With that Thina slings her pack over her shoulder and waits for the others to start down the road, leaving when they make the move to as well.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-23 at 05:58 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ezekial

Well, what are we standing around here waiting for? The skies are clear, the day is early, lets just start walking! With that, Ezekial begins to thread his way through the crowds to reach the edge of the town and the forest beyond.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just as the mage rose from the table, Malreth descended the stairway and approached the table.

"Based on the magic in the air and the hairs on my arm standing on end, I see Raiden is drawing attention to himself again. If we are ready to go then, I will be eating breakfast on the road."

27. - Top - End - #267

HAHA! Raiden belts out a laugh. That's why I like you, Brains! Such a go-getter.

Raiden jogs off after Ezekial toward the forest.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

In a few hours, the four of you travel into the forested path. It's not nearly as creepy as it could be at night, though the path does get narrower and less straightforward as you go.

Forest Path

The path winds around, and as you travel the noises become more and more vague as to their origin.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Thina, Bard of Blue
    Thina takes out her wand, always alert in this forest, and she tries to makes sense of their trail, and the...odd...noises that are coming from the surrounding forest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an Action: Vicious Mockery, the moment we are threatened
    Perception to get through the Forest & seeing anything that might be peeking out at us - (1d20+12)[11](23)
    Nature for the noises and anything I see in the forest - (1d20+14)[18](32)

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

30. - Top - End - #270

Raiden whispers to the group, If ANYTHING is out there that's wanting to help us, it should have said so before things started getting creepy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready a Storm Walk to shift away from the group and blast the enemy.

How far into the forest are we? If we had to guess how many hours we've walked, and how many hours we still have left to go?