New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Interlocked 1(IC)

'What's a Turk doing here?' Danica wondered, now slightly suspicious that her assignment was more than just for observational purposes. She followed the man from the station, and though she tried to be somewhat sneaky about it, she wasn't exactly too careful about it, and when he slipped into the darkness between buildings, she lost sight of him completely.

She paused for a few seconds at the edge of the shadows, before stepping to the side and leaning against the wall facing the light. "So, what brings a Turk to the Slums?" she asked, as her phone vibrated in her pocket, "Aren't most of the SOLDIER prospects above the plate?"

While listening for an answer, she tapped a quick text back to Tyr. Or maybe three. Any idea why a Turk might be down here? I don't expect a straight answer from him.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Now more confident the woman wasn't an enemy, he eased the pistol back into its holster. "The same thing that brought you here." The Turk appeared out of the shadows. "I'm presuming, of course, that you're acting on the Director's orders to...find someone." Alastor's voice was barely above a whisper.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Getting a bit frustrated that he hasn't found Danica yet, he continues searching for her. When he gets the text he is a bit confused but starts putting things together. Politics... He texts her back, We can discuss that face to face. I'm sure it has something to do with our superiors being in a piss'n contest. Where are you, exactly?

Hoping she gets back to him quickly, once he gets her location he runs there as fast as he can.

4. - Top - End - #34

"I suppose I am." Danica laughed, pulling her phone out as it buzzed and reading the message from Tyr, "But I'm fairly certain that my purpose for finding this person is, shall we say, a bit different from yours?" She smiled broader, and though she started spinning her shuriken in her hand, it was evident it wasn't intended to be a threatening gesture. With her other hand, she tapped out a message to Tyr.

Just by the buildings near the station. Might have passed each other by accident. Just talking to the Turk, he seems nice enough.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

I hate train tracks, mutters BLUE7 as she wanders into graveyard, of sorts. I still have damage from.. the incident. The current that carries trains across town is not pleasant for my fine, supple circuitry, I'll tell you that right now.

As she nears the gathering of SOLDIER and Turk alike, she hushes herself, slipping behind the demolished frame of a train. Turks AND Soldier... What on earth is going on in this town tonight? Is it even night? Crap, my internal clock is busted, when did that happen? Ooh, look at the rivets on this thing, it's just dying for some - NO, stay focussed, don't get distracted by train engines, you weirdo, you can't afford to slip up and be instantly caught here. These are trained murderers, ruthless and proficient - they might DESTROY me for looking at them wrong... Just sit tight and listen out for any word on the Cetra.

Perception (1d20+6)[8]
    Stealth (1d20+3)[17]

6. - Top - End - #36

BlackDragon

Blue7
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are hidden from view, however you can only make out slight murmurs from the other's conversation you also fail to see the broken carriage coupler directly below you, which is sending a small electrical shock into your mechanical body

Dealing [roll]1d6+2[/roll] damage.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2012-05-25 at 06:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

BlackDragon

Blue7
    Spoiler
    Show
    ahem, i'll do that again. Dealing (1d6+2)[3]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

OW DAMN WHY!? BLUE screeches, falling face first, loudly breaking through more debris than what seemed mechanically possible, her nerves shot for a moment. She sits face down for a second, collecting herself, not even caring that her hat flew off or that no one within a mile could have missed her display. Get up, body, run, she mutters, reaching feably for her hat as she tries to regain her footing, turning awkwardly to make a dash for it, though her coordination still shot.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"It's possible." Alastor replied. "But, I wouldn't know. I'm not always told everything. In any case, I could use some help on this assignment." They could argue over who would take the Cetra in later, once they actually had him or her in custody. Lovett takes the twirling of the shuriken in stride. Besides, flinging the blade at him would be a little difficult from that position.

10. - Top - End - #40

DruidGuy

Before arriving at Danica's location, Tyr slows down to seem casual as he walks up to the two of them. "Well, what did I miss? Are you two getting along?" He puts his arm behind his back resting his hand on his sword.

11. - Top - End - #41

Danica was about to respond to Alastor when Tyr arrived. "I think we are, but our bosses don't seem to be." she replied, stopping her shuriken, "So I don't know how good an idea it is, but if w all have the same goal for now, we might as well go after it together."

She was going to continue, but an oddly tinny scream pierced the air, followed by a loud crash. "What on Gaia...?" she wondered aloud, watching the dust settle from the collapse. She paused for a moment. "So... Should we investigate that, or...?"
    Last edited by Sage of Legaia; 2012-05-26 at 04:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Running, running running, don't stop running until you reach Sector 6! Wait, why am I afraid of these guys? What's the worst they could possibly do? BLUE thinks back to reading the battle reports on the SOLDIER 1st Class. Oh, right that. But they wouldn't want to hurt me right? After all, I'm on thier side, right? Well... let's let history decide that, and so she contnued running, not even aware or caring of how much more of a racket she was making this way.

What about the Cetra though? she seems to almost unconsciously remark. She stops completely in her tracks for a moment, fastening her hat. What to do, what to do...

13. - Top - End - #43

BlackDragon

As our heroes ponder on what they should do, suddenly a loud scream can be heard from within a building in the centre of sector 7 slums. A chilling, frightening scream.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2012-05-27 at 03:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

BLUE pondered a moment, having heard the scream. She looked back at where she feared those SOLDIERs would be running after her any second now - suspecting her of spying on them, not something she was willing to die for even if it was true. Still though... I'm no hero, she tells herself. Yet before she knows it, she finds her escape path rerouting, heading almost straight for the scream's source, her head full of ulterior rationale's for why investigating it was a good idea.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Turk looks in the direction of the scream, his eyes wide. "Can't be in two places at once." And for all they knew, it could be related to the first bit of commotion. "I say we head for the center, first." Alastor tugged at the black gloves on his hands. "Come on, let's move!" As urgent as the situation seemed, he didn't turn to make sure he was being followed.

16. - Top - End - #46

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Once everyone makes their way to the centre of sector 7, please make a Perception check.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

BLUE just keeps running, the current operating thought in her head bein taht this was as good a reason as any to just head back into town and come at the investigation from a different angle. Preferably one insulated from molestation by undischarged train batteries and when her 'fellow' agents of shinra wouldn't see her coming. Computers are so much easier to work with than this. I'd feel like a coward, bt I can hardly afford to have my arm blown off or something.

She grinds to a halt as she enters town, finally catching her bearings as she sees the 7th Heaven's street lamp in the distance, switching it up to instead sneak and slip to the centre of town.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[16]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alastor slows from a run to a walk as he nears the center of the slums. He approaches slowly, once again finding cover behind a building. The Turk arms himself with a pistol and takes a peek to see what is causing the disturbance.

19. - Top - End - #49

"... Yeah, maybe." Danica said after a pause, staring back at the train graveyard, "But that scream..." She hesitated a moment, then took a deep breath, clutching her shuriken tighter and taking off after the Turk.

'Okay, I know I don't often like you guys talking to me, but please, tell me what's going on...' she pleaded to the Planet as she ran.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making both the perception check to hear the Planet and the one for when she reaches the centre of the slums in this post.

Planetary Whisper: (1d20+10)[21]

For what's at the centre: (1d20+10)[30]
    Snap, nat 20. :P
    Last edited by Sage of Legaia; 2012-05-29 at 04:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

BlackDragon

Blue7
    Spoiler
    Show
    You think you can hear the scream coming from the direction of the 7th Heaven bar.

Danica
    Spoiler
    Show
    You you can hear the scream coming from the 7th Heaven bar

The planet's voice can be heared clearly as you close your eyes.

"go to the place where spirits are high and heaven is in sight"

Alastor
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can hear the scream from the 7th Heaven bar.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2012-05-29 at 05:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Blue shuffles over to the 7th Heaven bar, trying to peer inside without being seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+8)[25]
    Perception (1d20+6)[17]

22. - Top - End - #52

BlackDragon

Blue7
    Spoiler
    Show
    You enter the bar and creep behind the nearest wooden table without being seen. The bar is now deserted with the exception of four scruffy looking men wearing yellow bandanas surrounding a tall man with bright red hair, unkept clothes, and several earrings. He was enjoying the fear he was inflicting on a woman, who he had held of by her long, flowing blonde hair. All five men were carrying a knife.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, that won't stand. I'm in need of redemption for running, and I don't much appreciate seeing a girl being held - against her will. There's a subdued, mechanical whirring as BLUE7 unwinds her pistol hand, and produces her katana in her other hand, though not before securing her disguise. With a customary bend of her legs, she springs up and over the table, spinning dramatically, veering her blade for the red-headed leader's spine as she rushes forward. A pack of wolves feels a daunting fear upon the death of an alpha. Such beasts as these - they are best dismantled leader first; despite their numbers, they are poorly armed and likely susceptible to intimidation. Either way, this one falls first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise Round
    Blue charges the leader before his goons can form a defensive perimeter
    Initiative (1d20+3)[12]
    Katana Attack (charge) (1d20+8)[11]
    Katana Damage (2d12+5)[11]

There are few nonpeaceful alternatives to you dying. Walk off and you may just live.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-05-29 at 01:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

BlackDragon

As Blue charges the leader, he lifts his head up just in time to see the angered robot, diving sideways out of the way; still grabbing hold of the defenceless girl.

"Who the hell are you?" he says, his face turning from a grin to panic-stricken. "It doesn't matter. The don is need of a bride. Boys, take care of that, that, that THING".

With a simple "yes boss" reply, the four thugs turn to face Blue, their knifes raised in their defence. Their boss then dashes to the door and escapes, the girl closesly in toe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative roll
    Thug A (1d20+9)[10]
    Thug B (1d20+9)[14]
    Thug C (1d20+9)[22]
    Thug D (1d20+9)[27]

Initiative order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thug D
    Thug C
    Thug B
    Blue7
    Thug A
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2012-05-29 at 01:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

BlackDragon

The thug closest to Blue leaps at her in a blind panic, with the two thugs just to his left following suit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thug D knife attack (1d20+3)[15]
    Thug C knife attack (1d20+3)[15]
    Thug B knife attack (1d20+3)[23]

damage
    (1d6+1)[2] (d)
    (1d6+1)[7] (c)
    (1d6+1)[3] (b)

Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2012-05-29 at 02:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

BLUE7 parries quite masterfully as the first goon swings madly at her, driving him to the side, just in time to deftly dodge he second - right before the third good charges up. It's always the third one that gets me, BLUE reflects as the knife pierces her chassis and rends open the first layer or two of her clothing. Grabbing hold of the knife wound even as she recoils, she pushes back her aggressor and throws off her coatin his direction as she strikes her stance, allowing other articles of clothing to fall away, revealing most of her mechanical body. Good reflexes, for a crook! she shouts over to the leader, seeming to ignore her current opponents even as she brings her sword down on her aggressor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack goon B with katana (standard) (1d20+6)[23]
    damage [roll[2d12+5[/roll]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't enter damage roll correctly
    Damage (2d12+5)[22]

OOC: I'll Wait to see if he drops before I complete my turn

28. - Top - End - #58

Receiving her reply from the Planet, Danica couldn't help but roll her eyes. '[color=darkgreen]I kind of figured that bit out on my own...[/color'] she thought, continuing her run, 'I was more asking why I need to go there. Got to be more specific next time.'

She was snapped out of her thoughts as a red-haired man burst out of 7th Heaven, dragging a blond woman. Danica's face blanked, but one thought ran through her mind: 'Oh, HELL no.'

She closed the distance, throwing her shuriken when she was close.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+12)[28]
    Attack roll: (1d20+10)[18]
    (I put her at about 9 squares away for this roll, but she can be whatever distance you deem appropriate. Add one to the result if she's closer than 6 squares, but don't alter it unless she's further than 12.)
    Damage: (3d6+5)[18]

29. - Top - End - #59

BlackDragon

the thug didn't stood chance once the blade of Blue's katana struck him. He falls to the floor, spitting blood out of his mouth as he does so.

(OOC: i'm now using my phone to reply so i won't be able to update image, but thug b is out for the count.)

30. - Top - End - #60

BlackDragon

Danica
    Spoiler
    Show
    the crook looked around to see a gleem of metal struck him squarely in the chest. He lets go of the girl and turns to face his attacker.

"that's it" he shouted, his facing turning red with frustration.
    He pulled out a gun from its holster and aims it towards the shinra grunt. "if its one thing i hate and that's Shinra sticking their noses where its not wanted".

He fires his gun.
    Attack (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage (2d6+3)[8]