New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Highland Archipelago: Terror in the Mist (IC)

As bishop looks around, he spots a small building, with a furnace built into it's side, a tiny sign noting it as a blacksmiths shop and forge hangs just above it's door. From prior experience bishop knows they might have the tools to work on a gun.
    Call me Crazy

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Thar

The half orc remained silent. He was still conflicted with the group he traveled with. He listens to the group but as soon as he spots a tavern he decides he needs a drink.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    Level
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    3rd
    |
    27/28
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +5
    |
    Darkvision 60', Immune Fear & Disease
    [/table]

Pedivere wanders back to the tavern that took his money for a room that was never really used. He still had time to run on that room, and tired as he was, he decided to make use of it.

4. - Top - End - #634

Vash looks for something expensive to steal. If he cant find anything he'll check out the inn as well.
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

5. - Top - End - #635
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bishop will enter into the smithy to ask permission to use some space for gun modification.

Spoiler
    Show
    He has his own tools per se for gun maintenance but nothing in the ways of crafting which may or may not be standard.
    Blarg...

6. - Top - End - #636

As Bishop enters the Blacksmiths shop, a Large man hanging over the furnace looks at him a Smile on his face "That depends, do you plan to shoot me if I refuse? If not, then I may let you, for a few silver of course, and the promise to not mess up may things too much."

Vash spots a man walk by after a few minutes of continued watching, but what catchs his eye is not the short brown haired, and rather boring looking men, but the golden chain that leads into his pocket, possible to a watch.

As pedivere, Thar, the Seer, and Cael head to the tavern, they are met by the owner working at the front, pedivere's room is still open to him, and as he goes to sleep the Seer stays down stairs with Cael and Thar, as Thar looks for a drink "Sure we have some ale for ya, for a price, 2 Copper for a mug of it."
    Call me Crazy

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Thar

The half orc slams down a gold, "Keep Thar's mug filled."

8. - Top - End - #638

The old man moves quickly towards a door moving through it, and comes back out with 2 mugs of ale, and places them on the table for Thar "Incase one runs out too quickly."
    Call me Crazy

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Cael sits quietly at the table, absorbed in her own thoughts, Dyfyn had chosen to wait outside, not wanting to risk injury in the crowded inn. As she idly examined the table in front of her, she tried to work out what she would do next. There didn't seem to be much sense in staying with this group, and yet she felt she owed them. They had rescued her from a dark fate, that had to be worth something. She glanced to her left, the young child was sat beside her. That was another thing to consider, the young Seer needed protecting.

"Umm..." Cale cleared her throat, almost apologetically, "Would you... Would you like anything?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

10. - Top - End - #640

Bishop nods "I have no such plans sah, I have no quarrel with you and I will not harm anyone who has not done harm to me. I do have the coin to cover the costs of materials and rent, I can pay up front if you wish."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let me know if I have to make any rolls.
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #641

The man laughs loudly "Well, It'd be hard for you to have done me harm or you me as we've never met before, name's Humore, and sure if you want i'll take the 5 silver now." then he points you to a small door, inside is a work bench, hundreds of tools line the small room's walls.
    Call me Crazy

12. - Top - End - #642

Bishop offers a smile and reaches into his pouch and produces the requested monies. "People call me Bishop, I thank ya for your offering and I apologize for the inconvenience." He places the coins in the man's hands.
    Blarg...

13. - Top - End - #643

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    Level
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    3rd
    |
    27/28
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +5
    |
    Darkvision 60', Immune Fear & Disease
    [/table]

Pedivere did not sleep. He closed the door and made sure it was secure. Then he spent time slowly removing his new armour and laying it on bed. His axes he placed against the wall. Then he stripped down to his waist and knelt on the ground with his waterskin in his hands.

He was dirty, unclean. But it wasn't grime and filth of travel. He needed to pray. He emptied the water over his head and let it pour down over his well toned body. Absently he tossed the empty container aside and then vigorously scrubbed and rubbed at his body, face, hair and especially over his longsword shaped birthmark.

Once done, he closed his eyes and began to pray, his hands by his side.

For over an hour he prayed. Alone, in the quiet of his room. Asking for forgiveness for any wrong doing, any misdeed, any pain he may have caused unduely, unfairly or without regard to others. He asked for the forgiveness he craved for not being able to save Makoa and for anytime that he had wavered in battle and had let those that relied upon him down, and he asked for guidance, clarity and direction.

Providence had indeed brought him to this place. At the least, he thought it was that, perhaps it was more, and Iomedae had guided his footfalls. If so, would she continue to do so.

He prayed that he would have the opportunity to do what needed to be done, to be set upon the path that was correct.

14. - Top - End - #644

{table=head]
    Vash'iar
    |
    Level
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    3rd
    |
    21/23
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +7
    |
    Low-Light Vision, Elven Immunities
    [/table]
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfailure13 View Post
    Vash spots a man walk by after a few minutes of continued watching, but what catchs his eye is not the short brown haired, and rather boring looking men, but the golden chain that leads into his pocket, possible to a watch.
    Well well well.... I was just wondering what time it it... Vash moves into position to hit his mark. Using a merchants cart and the other people that are on the street, he tries to go unnoticed until the man passes, Lets make sure we pop that chain free. at what time he gives him a little bump and excuses himself as he moves away and disappears into the crowd and around a corner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleight of hands(1d20+9)[21]
    Stealth to quickly disappear after (1d20+9)[28]

I'm sorry for posting so late. I could have sworn I posted this earlier. I've been waiting days for a response that was never going to come.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Thar

The first tankard is dry in a blink of an eye. "Food," the half orc calls for.

When it comes Thar asks is a more civil voice, "Thar has been gone for a week but the town feels different."

16. - Top - End - #646

As pedivere prays, he is overcome by a feeling of peace, the room almost seems to grow quiet. then he hears something hit the window.

As Cael asks the seer "No, I'm ok, I don't drink."

Thar's order is answered quickly as the old halfling comes with a plate of meat and some vegetables "Some are still sad over the lost children, but when the sun rose this morning without clouds, smiles and laughter were had by many." After a short time of eating, Thar hears the door to the previously silent tavern, a black hooded man with a strange black wrapping around his left arm.

Vash lifts the watch from the passer, as he examines his catch, it's engraved with a silver bear, inside the watch 12 symbols that Vash doesn't understand seem to show the time.

Humore goes back to his forge "It's no problem, earns me a few extra silver anyway so why not?"

Also will have trouble posting for the next week or so, sorry for the lack of posts.
    Last edited by Crazyfailure13; 2012-10-16 at 06:49 PM.
    Call me Crazy

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfailure13 View Post

Thar's order is answered quickly as the old halfling comes with a plate of meat and some vegetables "Some are still sad over the lost children, but when the sun rose this morning without clouds, smiles and laughter were had by many." After a short time of eating, Thar hears the door to the previously silent tavern, a black hooded man with a strange black wrapping around his left arm.
    Thar

The half-orc continues his eating but keeps an eye on the new comer.

18. - Top - End - #648

Vash continues checking out the rest of the town. Paying particular intrest to any abandoned spaces that may have residual goods that require redistribution. He makes it a point to check the guard houses for that chainmail he had to previous leave behind, and anything else of value.

If he finds any vendors that seem intrested, he'll look to sell some of the things from the temple to aquire alchemical supplies and low level magic scrolls.

After either his magical pack is full, or he realizes these people have nothing of value, he'll head back to the Inn to meet up with the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loot for sale:
    • Golden Ceremonial Dagger
    • Locket from Great Wolf Skeleton
    • Bag of Purple Powder from Hooded Man
    • Pocketwatch and anything found(stolen) (will only show it if the merchant seems intrested in blackmarket\stolen goods)
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-10-31 at 03:04 PM.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

19. - Top - End - #649

Thar eats as he watchs the strange man enter the inn, the man walks over to the innkeeper and speaks quitely so you can't hear him, then after droping a few coins in the innkeeper's hand, the man looks around the enpty state of the room before his eyes settle on thar. he begins walking over to you grabing a chair on the way, sits at your table "Hello all, how would you like to make a little coin?"

Vash's attempts to find more loot seem to go poorly, several times he see's a few crates or boxes in back streets, but as he approached, 1 or 2 guards stop him, and while he saw a nice looking necklace behind a window, it was securely locked. but as he looks around for things to sell, he arrive outside a shop that draws his interest, the windows covered in large multi-colored flashing letters "Baa's Curosities"

Bishop quickly sets to work, preparing the tools he'll need to use, planning the needed materials and actions.

Cael walks out of the inn without a word.
    Call me Crazy

20. - Top - End - #650

Vash enters the shop to get a better look at the wares and see if they would be intrested in buying any of his.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Unless anything significant can come of this, I'm content to just find out how much the stuff is worth, then choose to sell or keep and buy supplies. I really don't need to RP merchant interactions, in PbP it can take FOREVER.

For example, a post from you with something like this would work

The best prices offered to you are:
    • 100gp Golden Ceremonial Dagger
    • 1000gp Locket from Great Wolf Skeleton
    • 0gp Bag of Purple Powder from Hooded Man
    • N/A(can't find a fence) Pocketwatch and anything found(stolen)

Then I could just reply with a:
    Sell X and Y, keep Z. Spend 750gp on scolls a and B and potion C.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

21. - Top - End - #651

As you enter the store, a young looking woman welcomes you, when asked about buying and selling "Well lets see, we have several scrolls, weapons and even a few potions for sell. as for the items, 300 for the dagger, 500 for the locket, 1 for the powder, and I can't appraise the actually worth of the watch, but i'll offer 100." You also notice a wand mounted on the wall behind the girl.

Spoiler
    Show

Selling
    300GP for dagger
    500GP for locket
    1GP for powder
    100GP for watch
    buying:
    Several healing potions
    Any Arcane scroll 2nd-level and lower or any divine scroll 1st-level or lower
    Any masterwork or completely mundane weapon
    Call me Crazy

22. - Top - End - #652

I’ll hang on the locket and powder, but the dagger and watch I’ll need to trade. I’m short on funds and I’ve taken on a bit of an interest in alchemy. Seems my elven heritage has given me a slight knack for it. If I could get a few things it would be great. Looking at your catalog, these scrolls seem interesting... and I'll need a few other supplies.

Once the transaction is complete, Vash heads back to the Inn to start copying his scrolls and loose alchemical notes into his book.

Spoiler
    Show

Scrolls (10x25gp) 250gp
    Identify
    Comprehend Languages
    Disguise Self
    Youthful Appearance
    Reduce Person
    Vocal Alteration
    Expeditious Retreat
    Enlarge Person
    Touch of the Sea
    See Alignment
    Spellbook, (traveling, blank) 10gp 1lb
    Alchemist’s Kit 25gp 5lb
    Writing supplies to copy into the book (10x10gp) 100gp
    Alchemical crafting supplies 15gp

All spells are first level, so it's 1 hour/spell to copy them over. Alchemist don't need to decifer so a Spellcraft check shouldn't apply. Whenever he has down time, he will copy them in the order I have them listed, starting first with Identify. Once Identify is done, he'll prepair the extract and ID the locket taking 10 for a 26 spellcraft. Then he'll resume copying whenever he can.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Thar

The half orc finishes his meal with a wipe of his mouth on his arm. At first he gives a skeptical look at the man then leans forward and says one word. "How?"

24. - Top - End - #654

The man puts a piece of paper on the table "Me and a few friends came to this island about a week before the storms began. We, don't get our money through...normal means, and we heard that their was going to be a big shipment of goods heading out from the docks. The ship that was supposed to take it to the main continent, decided not to do so with the storms, but now that they've stopped, the shipment owner has decided to send them out ASAP." He takes a breath, "We need someone to take care of the guards tonight. Of course you'll get a cut of the profits as well. How does 1500 gold sound?"

Vash heads back to the inn, and walks up to his room, seeing Thar talking to someone on his way up.
    Last edited by Crazyfailure13; 2012-11-03 at 07:51 AM.
    Call me Crazy

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Thar

The half-orc eyes bead down on the man. The chair beneath flies backwards as Thar stands to his full height. "Thar not thief!"

26. - Top - End - #656

Half way up the stairs, Vash sees Thar's chair go flying. Crud, what's this idiot up to now. He heads back down, keeping his distance to see what happens.

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone goes to attack Thar, Vash will flank and attack. Also, where is the Seer at this point? In the bar with Thar, or did we ditch her?
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

27. - Top - End - #657

The man looks up with an insulted look "Thief? your not a thief, my friends are, I just need you to make the guard dissappear, however you want. Maybe It's just to little gold for you?" then he turns his his head to see Vash "Oh! a half-elf! your people have a tendency for this line of work, would you like to make some gold?"

Spoiler
    Show
    the seer is with Thar
    Call me Crazy

28. - Top - End - #658

While I do like money, I've had an exhausting time saving this island and city. I'd appreciate at least one good nights rest.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

29. - Top - End - #659

The man looks slightly less smilely, however he continues "I don't know about you elf, but I always sleep better with over a 1000 more gold in my pocket. Hell I might even through in a bit of the loot if you agree. what do you all say?"
    Call me Crazy

30. - Top - End - #660

{table=head]
    Vash'iar
    |
    Level
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    3rd
    |
    21/23
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +7
    |
    Low-Light Vision, Elven Immunities
    [/table]

Tell you what, why don't we head up to my room and discuss the particulars. I'll be up in a second, it's the second door on the left. I just need to get myself a drink.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vash has no intention of taking the job. To earn himself some credit with the local authorities, he plans to jump this guy and turn him in.
    Bluff: [roll]1d20+0[/roll[ (really should have put at least a single rank in here.)

If he takes the bluff and heads up, Vash will quickly tell Thar whats going on. He will drink his strength mutagen and then bring of a drink in his off-hand. When he has the guy off-guard, he will spring his sheathed dagger for a sneak attack.

If he doesn't take the bluff, then Vash won't attack unless he feels he has a distinct advantage to end it quickly.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft