New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashe

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ashe

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, riccaru, where does that map lead?

Azurin smirked slightly, his face hidden by the the hood he had put up.
    "As you said, you may follow me, and I will follow the map. You can trust my word, by my honor, that I will not lead you astray--as if the fact that I am going wherever I lead you as well would not make that apparent."
    After a slight pause he went on.
    "You may refer to me as Lord Azurin, master Ghant."
    There seemed to be no mockery in his voice, although there is certainly no respect either.

Without pausing to hear a response, he pointed and spoke a command to his undead, and they trodded off in the indicated direction.
    Last edited by distant quasar; 2012-06-17 at 02:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

The detection shows absolutely nothing on the creature even though he has been speaking to you. As people ask him question he turns to face them, but says nothing further.

But just before you leave the little girl piques up and smiles horrifyingly. The wind picks up and sends the snow flying while carrying the scent of blood from the monster. "That would be cheating, children. Make it to the castle alive and great rewards await. If only a few of you survive, we shall wait for extra conscripts to arrive on the next ship." Her grin never fades as she shoos you on your way.

Reading the map is deceptively easy for such little to go by in the way of landscape. The only real features on the map are the entrances to under the ice and the castle itself, set directly in the geographic center of the island.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Athos stared back at the bat-winged fiend, saying nothing. With an effort, Athos suppressed the urge to roll his eyes, keeping his face an impassive mask. If you don't want to fight, don't make the challenge, he thought to himself. He picked up his backpack and slung it and his shield onto his back. Adjusting his belt and loosening his sword in its sheath, he began to follow the map carrier.
    Last edited by McStabbington; 2012-06-17 at 04:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

"Will my companions be coming as well, or do they intend to imitate stautes throughout the night?"

Azurin does not look back as he speaks, the undead carrying him moving forward at a steady pace.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Lord Azurin, hm? I mean no insult, but from whence do you hail? Or is your titled earned through deed rather than birth?" He inquired, before following the man, flexing as he unfurled his wings and then wrapped them about himself with a smile.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lavarre silently follows Azurin.
    [thoughts] Finally

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

7. - Top - End - #37

"I own a village," Azurin says simply, still not turning back.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nicholas

Nicholas says nothing now, simply following behind the ogre, using its bulk as a windbreaker as he walks.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

9. - Top - End - #39

After nearly an hour of barren landscape before you, the wind driving into your eyes and making you squint you begin to see a large shape in the distance. Your hearts feel frozen from the cold but the prospect of finally arriving, unharmed even, may just be what it takes to light them up.

Ahead by nearly a hundred feet is what appears to be the frozen form of a human, but from your distance you can't make out any details. Though you're quite sure an arm isn't supposed to jut out at the angle that this forms' clearly is.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Halabael looked ahead, seeing the frozen form, uncertain of the specifics of the body.

"It would appear we've discovered a victim of exposure. Does anyone have the acuity to discern the specifics of the body from here, or shall we go for a closer look?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"The most I can do is tell if it is alive from 50 ft distance... I don't think it is the case... but I've seen stranger things..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Mindsight 50 ft

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Athos tests the air.

[Scent ability]

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by McStabbington View Post
    Athos tests the air.

[Scent ability]
    The frozen atmosphere makes it so you can't smell much of anything but the faint lingering of decay while the mindsense shows an intelligence score, it's very weak but still noticeably there.

"Hello!? Who's there!?" The form calls as it sits up in place, the arm snapping as it moves, but the clearly undead monster pays no attention to it. His lips are frozen in a half grin and it makes him hard to understand and half of his skill seems to still be in the ice.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Athos stalks forward slowly. "I could ask the same of you, and more besides. Who are you, and what are you doing out here?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Halabael merely smiles faintly.

"Who am I you ask? Isn't my intent in these environs more of import than what I am called?" He stated, moving forward slightly, ready to fly into action should a confrontation occur.