New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: From Splendor to Shadow (FR 3.5)

Orgen

Orgen steps forward untill he can shoot at a dwarf with optimal accuracy and pushes his bow up the dwarf's nose and fires two arrows.

Overseeing the battle ground, his concern grows: "Don't let them get away!"

Spoiler
    Show
    5 ft-Stepping besides Enlarged "Grey Soldier" and Tra'vin and performing a rapid shot.

Arrow 1 attack: (1d20+9)[12], damage (1d8+5)[6]
    Arrow 2 attack: (1d20+9)[12], damage (1d8+5)[8]

-2 rapid shot, +1 point blank shot, +2 knowledge devotion, Arrow Mind, [Precise shot]

Should the first arrow down the dwarf and I can aim the second at an other one, Mono can pick it and roll miss chance if needed.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The post would not appear. Will it now?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Calden

Seeing that he's caught a few of them unawares with his color spray he draws his rapier and quickly slashes at the dwarf in front of him while he tries to recover.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a quick poke at Soldier 1, not moving.
    Attack (1d20+5)[20]
    Concealment <20 misses (1d100)[74]
    Damage /w sneak attack (3d6+2)[12]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Current Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
    Manuevers
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Charging Minotaur
    3. Stone Bones
    4. Shield Block
    5. Foehammer

Tra'vin looks up at the enlarged dwarf. He considers no longer being the largest combatant on the field for a second. He shrugs I've seen bigger but it makes for an easy target. Tell Kelemvor I said Hello. His leg kicks out as attempts to kick between the dwarfs over-sized legs.

Spoiler
    Show

Using my domain special Deathtouch. The kick is a dramatized touch attack.
    Melee Touch Attack: (1d20+7)[11]
    Deathtouch Damage: (4d6)[17] (if the damage is more than the target's HP it dies.)

New Manuever:(1d1)[1]
    Last edited by Barthac; 2012-09-13 at 08:06 PM.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes

Taalkar Strongstone Sheet Notes

5. - Top - End - #305

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot concealment miss chance
    Concealment >20 hits:(1d200)[58]
    Messed up the roll so >40 hits.
    Last edited by Barthac; 2012-09-13 at 08:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Resolving as the above actions leave less options to Miranda

The large duergar is staggered by the two arrows that are not sticking out of him. The first hits him on the shoulder and the second in the belly and he yelps in pain.

He has little time to do anything more though as Tra'vins kick infused with the blessing, or malediction, of Kelemvor finishes him off and he crumples on the ground quickly resuming his previous form.

Calden's opponent is unable to defend himself and although the blow is not the deadliest one he could have delivered but along with the blood loss and damage suffered from Orgen's first arrow he falls on the ground as well.

Spoiler
    Show

So soldier 1 is out, as is the big duergar.

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Miranda turns and faces back towards the duergar, peering into the mist for them as she both hears and feels the fall of the Enlarged one. As she moves forward, she spots another one beyond the large one and moves in to skewer him while he stands dazed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action up to Soldier 2.

Standard Action to skewer him!

Attack (1d20+9)[18]
    Crit (1d20+9)[27]

Damage (1d8+5)[10]
    Crit (1d8+5)[9]

8. - Top - End - #308

You continue your onslaught and despite the blind dwarves jerking movements Miranda skewers him through the links of his chain mail her blade biting deep.

The remaining present duergar, one that had more or less frozen from the ferocity of the battle decides to also flee and runs away. As he does so he steps on the spot his leader dropped the cube. In the distance, due to the echoes of the caves, you can here the running iron sod boots of the two duergar that have already fled.

You have little time to react to that though as from the where the cube fell small tremors starts to spread out and within your very sight a large block of earth and stone raises up. The creature, for it is indeed a creature, turns to look around and focuses on all of you but makes no attempt to move or attack but simply guards the way from which the duergar left.

Meanwhile the two remaining soldiers are at your mercy as they can nor see you nor move anywhere.

Spoiler
    Show

Updated map

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Orgen

Orgen is facing a dilemma. There is an earth manifestation blocking the way. A creature he is bound to respect. There are some dwarves close to the group which are pretty much helpless and there are dwarves fleeing which might pose a big problem in the future. Orgen decides he is in the unique position to try and stop these dwarves from fleeing.

"I am giving chase." He produces a small stone and crushes it while he is speaking a few weird words. Ignoring gravity, he takes flight and starts heading for the earth elemental.

Spoiler
    Show

I take a swift action to invoke Animal devotion: hawk's flight. I then take a move action to produce a daylight pellet and a standard action to crush it. I aim to follow the fleeing dwarves, while carrying the pellet. Of course I do not have an action left to move towards the elemental/dwarves, I just added my move/intention to clarify what I am about to do. I imagine myself hovering just above ground, ready to give the chase I announced.

10. - Top - End - #310

Zombie

Calden

Taking a quick step forward he lunges at one of the remaining dwarves with his rapier, seeing him still fumble a bit from the blindness as he presses his advantage.

Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step forward and attacking soldier 4
    Atk (1d20+5)[12]
    Dmg (3d6+2)[10]

11. - Top - End - #311

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Current Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Charging Minotaur
    3. Stone Bones
    4. Shield Block
    5. Foehammer

Delayed Damage Pool: 0
    HP Damage: 3

Tra'vin watches the large dwarf fall then turns to look at the Dwarf in front of him, grinning. Not saying a word he steps over the shrinking dwarf and brings his sword and shield into attack position. Light begins to wrap around his sword like brightly glowing smoke and he lunges.

Spoiler
    Show

5' step forward(east) and attack with Crusader's Strike on Soldier 2
    ToHit:(1d20+8)[14]
    Damage:(1d10+3)[10]
    MissChance: >20 hits (1d100)[94]
    Crusader's Strike - Healing will be directed to me:(1d6+4)[9]

All maneuvers reset and two new granted maneuvers (1d5)[1](1d4)[1]

12. - Top - End - #312

Orgen indeed begins hovering ready to pursue while the two brothers continue their attack against the dwarves.

The one that Tra'vin attacks is cleaved almost in half and he dies on the spot while Caldens attack also finds its mark as the dwarf is still stunned and blind. He seems to be coming to though.

Spoiler
    Show

Its Mirandas turn basically and then them and then Orgen.

This turn Soldier 4 will be able to act (though he will still be blind)

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Miranda moves towards the remnants of the would-be duergar ambush, a snarl on her face as she concentrates on striking true with her keen blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, long first day of work at new job and I'm rather tired. I'll just post quick to move things along. I don't know who's where and whatnot, so she'll just attack whoever's left. If she needs to Tumble to do so safely, she auto-succeeds on the check.

attack(1d20+9)[18]
    crit(1d20+9)[25]

damage(1d8+5)[10]
    crit(1d8+5)[13]

14. - Top - End - #314

Spoiler
    Show

No worries, there is only 1 left and your blow kills him...

As the duergar seems to be coming to he forms two fast gestures with his hands and those of you that know of the arcane realise he is about to use his abilities to go invisible.

Miranda puts an end to his efforts. She springs forward and thrusts forward piercing him straight through and the gray dwarf collapses where he stands.

All your opponents are dead or dieing with the exception of the one that Calden senses still on the floor even though he cant see him.

15. - Top - End - #315

Zombie

Calden

Fumbling around on the ground a moment where he thinks the unconsious dwarf is takes only a moment, quickly feeling his way around the invisible body he figures out about where his neck is, while drawing a slim dagger from his belt in order to finish him off mercifully.

Spoiler
    Show
    Coup de Grace on the unconsious and invisible guy...not 100% sure that works RAW...but it seems reasonable to me.

Sorry for the massive delay, I had to go reread Orgens post and I got somewhat confused on the order of things
    Last edited by LordDice; 2012-09-18 at 06:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Orgen

Orgen flies towards the elemental and aims to fly over it and pursue the fleeing dwarves. Once in the corridor, he sticks to the ceiling and continues untill he has them in sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming I am much faster than they are (sp. 40), so I can get pretty close after a full round of moving. I wish to shoot any swarf that is not invisible, but am mostly interested in shooting the leader.

17. - Top - End - #317

Spoiler
    Show

Normally for sneak attack and cdg you need to be able to discern the anatomy... BUT given the cirmustances I dont think its necessary. So yea you can do it.

The defenseless unconsious dwarf leaves a low cough as you slit his throat. He quickly becomes visible now that the magic fades.

Your kobold guide also slowly approaches now that the danger is gone and looks around.

Meanwhile the Elemental takes a swipe at the flying Orgen but he is too high to be touched. After that it remains in place looking passive.

Orgen's flight takes him to the continuing tunnels beyond the area of the attack. In the beginning he sees noone but can hear the clang of the steel toed boots of the duergar. And then he indeed manages to see them.

One is invisible but the loud sounds of his boots are unmistakable while the other is running next to him without any obfuscation. There is no sign of the leader though.

Spoiler
    Show

Lets keep it on rounds to facilitate the chase but overall the people back at the room with the Elemental can do as they wish (except if they actually approach/attack the elemental).

18. - Top - End - #318

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Manuevers:
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Charging Minotaur
    3. Stone Bones
    4. Shield Block
    5. Foehammer

Delayed Damage Pool: 0
    Damage Taken: 0

Note: Tra'vins flaw is kicking in a little with Orgen leaving for more combat.

Tra'vin

Tra'vin watches his fellow cleric fly off in pursuit of the fleeing duerger. Wait for us he yells in futility to Orgen as he races out of view. His voices bounces back from the cave walls in weak copies that seem to taunt his helplessness. He looks back at the chunk of animated rock blocking the path.

No oversized chunk of rock is going to stand in my way he announces to his companions. He straightens his crooked helm and raises his shield in front of him.

Suddenly the still subterranean air is split by a loud cry For Kelemvor as Tra'vin runs full tilt into the elemental.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Charging Minotaur, charging the elemental and moving into his square to bull rush.

Opposed Strength Check: Charging +2, STR +3 (1d20+5)[8]
    Charging Minotaur dmg (if I win strength check): (2d6+3)[13]
    I want to push him down the hallway behind him, if I can.

[/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Barthac; 2012-09-20 at 05:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Two things happen at once almost.

Tra'vin rushes forward eager and ready to push the elemental out of the way.

The creature though seems prepared for just such an eventuality, given its order is to guard and as the Kelemvorite charges it extends one massive fist and pretty much points it his way.

Spoiler
    Show

Ready vs approach action kicks off:

(1d20+9)[26] - crit (1d20+9)[10]
    damage (1d8+8)[10] - crit damage (1d8+9)[15]

The blow connects and its a good one almost smashing teeth of the priest. It is also probably for this reason that his own bull rush attempt fails to make the elemental budge at all. The resounding blow from the push fails to even break a small pebble from the earthen amalgam.

Spoiler
    Show

Its basically your round guys.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-25 at 02:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Orgen

As soon as Orgen gets within close range of the dwarves, he grabs an arrow and aims. He shouts at them first, in Undercommon: "Halt, or I will shoot. Captain, show yourself, or I will shoot your kin!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to speak (and, if needed, stay in range). If the running dwarf does not stop, I shoot him. If the running dwarf stops, but the leader does not show himself, I shoot the running dwarf. If the running dwarf stops and the leader shows himself, I smile a friendly smile and release some of the tension on my bow string.

I will roll an attack roll later in the ooc once I know how you respond and where you put this response in the rounds sequence.

21. - Top - End - #321

Zombie

Calden

Seeing Tra'vin bounce off painfully he chuckles a moment at his misfourtune "Bout like charging at a stone wall eh ?"

Fading into the shadows a bit he quickly focuses on creating another acidic arrow...hopefully this one will fare better. Snapping his arm out the acid quickly streaks right at the elemental.

Spoiler
    Show

Hiding for some sneak atk damage (1d20+18)[32]
    Touch Atk for Acid Arrow (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage (2d4)[3]
    Sneak Atk dmg (2d6)[4]

22. - Top - End - #322

@Orgen

The duergar that is running stops when he hears your voice and threat. The sound of running feet though continues indicating at least one invisible duergar continuing to run, caring little for the fate of the visible one.

@Rest

Calden finds his mark and the acid starts burning small holes on the rock. The creature turns ponderously towards you but still has Tra'vin in front of it and thus does not move your way.

Your kobold guide draws his own light crossbow and fires a bolt at it. It finds it make and stays stuck there.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Orgen

Orgen curses under his breath as not all Duergar follow his command. This can end without further bloodshed. "Stay put, surrender. IF you want to live," he snaps at the Duergar that decided to stop in Undercommon.

He then flies on to chase the invisible Duergar, listening intently. Should he manage to catch up, he aims roughly in his direction and says in a cool manner: "Last chance. Halt. Show yourself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a listen check to try and find the running Duergar and to check whether it is only one, or more. I am hoping the Duergar that stopped is sufficiently intimidated and am giving the leader one last chance to surrender.

Listen: (1d20+9)[17]

24. - Top - End - #324

The one that you threatened and has already stopped running stops and stays there indeed. It seems the overwhelming force your team showed before has indeed shaken him.

The runner seems to also stop when it becomes obvious you are pursuing him and has the advantage of flight. He stops his invisibility spell and you see that it is not actually the leader but the remaining crossbowman.

25. - Top - End - #325

Zombie

Stepping forward he moves a few feet from the elemental only to bring up his hands throwing yet another spray of color in the dim cave.

Spoiler
    Show
    dc 15 color spray. 10 ft away from him, but not trying to hit tra'vin also, heh.

odd posting lately, i've got internet but visiting realtives so they're keepin me busy busy.

26. - Top - End - #326

Once again the cavern becomes colourful as you blast it with color but unfortunately the manifestation of Mother Earth seems completely unaffected by your attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Barthac and Daft have an action still

Meanwhile Orgen listens and looks for any sounds or signs of movement that can lead him to the leader of the Duergar but there is nothing to indicate if the man is there and where he might be.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Orgen

Orgen motions for his two 'captives' to stand together while keeping them under threat of his bow. In undercommon he adresses them: "You might survive this if you told me where your captian is." He eyes his captives as he waits for the rest of his team to deal with the elemental. That captain has to be around somewhere here...

In his eyes there are two neccessities: Preventing further bloodshed and preventing the captain from alerting his friends or superiors...or whatever for that matter.

28. - Top - End - #328

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Manuevers:
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Charging Minotaur
    3. Stone Bones
    4. Shield Block
    5. Foehammer

Delayed Damage Pool: 10
    Damage Taken: 0
    New Maneuver (from last round):(1d4)[2]

Bells ring in his head as he tries to shake the fog out of his brain. The twin strike of earth from his fall and earthen attack scatter his thoughts. He rises as best he can and channels the pain ringing in his ears into a powerful swing of his sword.

Spoiler
    Show

Stand up from Prone: Incurs an AOO
    Attacking with Crusader Strike: Furious Counterstrike(+2)
    ToHit:(1d20+10)[21]
    Damage:[roll]1d10+5[roll]
    Crusader Strike Healing (If attack hits, Target is Tra'vin)(1D6+5)[7]
    Last edited by Barthac; 2012-10-26 at 12:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't roll damage correctly
    Damage:(1d10+5)[7]

Also, new maneuver (1d3)[2]

30. - Top - End - #330

@ Orgen

The two captives do as they are told. The first one stays silent, grim determination obvious in his face.

The second seems a bit more willing to talk and he says in growling undercommon.

"You wont get him. He is now part of the stone!" he says with a sinister short laugh.

@ the Rest

This time your blow hits home and delivers a decent blow to the Earth elemental that shakes in slow building fury. Its attack passes wide over your head and misses.