New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541

Default Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I'm hoping some people at least will link me to those Ozodrin PrCs, because they're quite spread out from what I remember.
    Silly Morph Bark, there's a link to them all in the first post of the Ozodrin thread. Silly Morph Bark.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey Morph, love the new avatar.

Anyway, yesterday I popped a samurai on 'roids out. Mind tiering it? It's a little janky. Throwing an ass ton of feats at it with some fear effects, but hopefully high tier 4.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

I realize my class has only been posted within a week, but I am curious how you would tier my base class blackguard.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello I would love for my version of the Healer to be 'tiered'

I was aiming for something closer to 'tier' 3 than what the base class was.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

This Monk-like class would like tiering.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

How exciting, I get to ask you to tier my first base class! I'm thinking high 4 to mid 3.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Pixie in the Playground

Here's a Tier 3 fix for Paladins that seems like it should go on the list.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160730

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Tier 3
    Dark Knight
    Dovahkiin
    Kensei of the Five Rings

Borderline Tier 3-4
    Arbiter

Tier 4
    Emblem Laguz/Taguel

To be added to the full list later. I've been out of this for a while, and got something big coming up in the next two days, so explanations will follow later.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground

its nice to see that this is picking up a small bit of steam again.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

10. - Top - End - #550

Indeed. I look forward to the tiering of the contests.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Ha, I was just using this thread yesterday. xD

(goes to make more work for you write new class)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Well now, I believe I promised an explanation with regards to the slowness, which in turn requires a brief telling of my exploits in the last few months. The spoiler contains a long-winded personal story, so you can just skip it.

Spoiler
    Show
    As I told roughly a year ago in this very thread, I quit my double major Philosophy and Psychology at the university back then, freeing up much of my time for this and other projects, as I decided to just work my job for a year 'til I found a new studies to devote myself to. Sadly, I lost my job a month later, with my contract not being renewed for an indeterminate amount of time (after 3 one-year contracts, an indeterminate time contract is required by law, so no renewing is common). The job search was tough, but I enjoyed the freedom at first, playing games, even doing chores. I was even dating someone for a few months and quite content with the whole situation. As time went on and even after literally dozens upon dozens of job applications turned out to nothing, my mood changed though. Bored, grumpy, apathetic. I even started to think "this is what retired people must feel like". It was quite different from my normal self, as I tend to be the most positive person in a group.

It got a little better when in February I started on a job helping kids with homework and training for exams in Physics and Chemistry (I also applied for English and History, but kids requiring help with those lived too far away from me, making me too expensive for the company for that). I had the job for only once a week for a few months, but it was pleasant, and as I was visiting schools to see which I might attend for my further education, I began to consider studying to become a teacher. I'd prefer for History or English, because there's so many ways to teach that and I love the subjects, but there are way too many applicants for those, and the job market too limited, whilst for Physics and Chemistry I'd be prettymuch guaranteed a job right away.

That was when my mother brought up something that I hadn't thought about in years: air traffic control. I had considered going into that field in high school, but didn't think I was responsible enough for the job back then. However, as I thought about it, I thought that with my years studying Philosophy and Psychology, and having lived sorta on my own for about half a year, I had grown responsible enough to go for it now. I applied for the job (which comes with a four-year education), and received an email that I was in the selection process for it, starting the day before my birthday (which was last month on the 13th). This was cutting it close, because at the same time I had agreed with some new friends to be a camp leader at a so-called "fantasy camp" (basically a geek camp), which started on my birthday, so I was lucky to have it the day before. After the first week, we'd have to leave, because we (me and the friends who invited me along) had a week-long LARP engagement right after that, during which we'd be part of the team of GMs and NPCs. I managed to ace the first two rounds that took place on that first day of the selection and I told them to schedule me for the earliest possible date for the next phase of the selection, which sadly took place on the first day of the LARP week. It involved five hours of psychological tests, and after that I was rather burned out, but I still ended up dragging myself back to fulfill my promise to play the BBEG's pubescent demigod son in the evening, which I was told I did very well.

To my very pleasant surprise, I passed that phase as well and was scheduled for the third phase, in which I had to do some homework to prepare myself for some exercises, which took place over the course of the last few days. I will be hearing the outcome in the coming days, but I hope to God and every single higher thing that might be out there that I did well enough and that I've passed. All my fingers and toes are crossed so hard they might bruise. Because honestly? This is something that I'd rather do a hundred times over before any other job or education option I have right now. I've never wanted anything so much in my entire life.

Long story short: I now have some time again (well, in two days I'll be attending a concert by Nice Peter and next week I've got another LARP on the weekend, but that's about it), so time to Tier some stuff! I thought I had Tiered all the stuff in the thread itself, but I hadn't looked through some signatures yet, so the earlier post includes some of that, plus some new. I hope I haven't missed anything too interesting in the past few months?
    I've only occassionally hopped into the Base Class Challenge, but never really looked at most of the entries other than basic concept.

13. - Top - End - #553

Good luck passing, Morph. Glad to see you back, too.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

<ATC STUFF>
    Could you PM me and rhapsodize about that career a bit more? I'm curious, and have said a prayer on your behalf.
    I thought I had Tiered all the stuff in the thread itself, but I hadn't looked through some signatures yet, so the earlier post includes some of that, plus some new.
    I'm pretty sure you still haven't Tiered the Guardian of Minds, which I linked HERE including my guesses at categories and such.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-08-13 at 06:35 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Colossus in the Playground

I'd still like you to have a look at my Arcane Magic thread, though I'm aware that that might be very time intensive.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #556
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Please tier my prestige class, Tenebrous Knight, for the current homebrew contest. It's the second from the last post.
    ASAP, please? Idk if the homebrew is meant to be tiered. Contest rules, I guess.

17. - Top - End - #557

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks27 View Post
    Please tier my prestige class, Tenebrous Knight, for the current homebrew contest. It's the second from the last post.
    ASAP, please? Idk if the homebrew is meant to be tiered. Contest rules, I guess.
    There's not a rule against tiering classes that are in currently-running contests. However, I doubt Morph is willing to tier those classes because they're subject to heavy editing (or deletion) at a moment's notice.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still hoping I can get my Sanguine Knight looked at... If it's not too much trouble, of course.

19. - Top - End - #559

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    However, I doubt Morph is willing to tier those classes because they're subject to heavy editing (or deletion) at a moment's notice.
    Hmmmm, Good point.
    I just didn't understand when I read the contest rules, which I thought said that I need Morph's tiering before they can qualify. But Perhaps I'm wrong.
    I hope it's overlooked, either way.

20. - Top - End - #560

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks27 View Post
    Hmmmm, Good point.
    I just didn't understand when I read the contest rules, which I thought said that I need Morph's tiering before they can qualify. But Perhaps I'm wrong.
    I hope it's overlooked, either way.
    Any entries for contests should be entered in the current contest and discussed here. That is, anything other than entries goes here. Also, anyone who enters the contests may have their classes evaluated for what "tier" it's in by Morph Bark here. This has no bearing on the contest, however, so keep making what you like.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

While your mistaken belief is somewhat strangely flattering, you don't need a Tiering to be eligible for any of the contests on GitP. However, while I have at times looked at classes still in ongoing contests (though not giving them definite Tierings), the thing keeping me from Tiering your class is the fact that it's a PrC. While I have thought about making a seperate thread as an expansion of this one for PrCs related to any of the Tiered classes, I am currently not doing that.

Anyone willing to do that if free to do so, of course.

Good luck passing, Morph. Glad to see you back, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Could you PM me and rhapsodize about that career a bit more? I'm curious, and have said a prayer on your behalf.
    Thanks, guys.

I can't speak about any specifics regarding the selection, as I had to sign something for that, and I was only allowed a few things to take home with me, but about the rest I believe I can speak freely.

I'm pretty sure you still haven't Tiered the Guardian of Minds, which I linked HERE including my guesses at categories and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    I'm still hoping I can get my Sanguine Knight looked at... If it's not too much trouble, of course.
    I'll take a looksie.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I just remembered that I was going to make a few changes to the class... Should be done by tonight, but could you hold off on teiring until I'm done? >_<

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Default Air Traffic Control

Thanks, guys.

I can't speak about any specifics regarding the selection, as I had to sign something for that, and I was only allowed a few things to take home with me, but about the rest I believe I can speak freely.
    Err... at the risk of acting rude in a way that has NOTHING to do with the way I feel, let me try this again:
    ATC is a skilled job, requiring the most reliable of persons. I bet the pay isn't horrible either.

I'm a bit socially lost sometimes (Asperger's Syndrome). I can't get inside other people's heads' well.

What I'm trying to say is that the idea of someone's lifelong ambition being ATC fills me with "Huh?" of the delightful sort where I suspect that there is actually an answer available to my curiosity.

I have only minimal curiosity about the selection process, and it never occurred to me to ask questions about it. The very fact that you aren't allowed to talk about it is a shining gem of interesting trivia for me, and I shall, of course, not inquire further on the subject of the selection process.
    ---
    RE: Guardian of Minds
    I'll take a looksie.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-08-14 at 09:31 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Ooh, nice. Could you tier the Honour Guard for me, please? (I'm thinking 4?)
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263787
    (The new link is in my sig, but the class is pretty much the same either way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    (Still in the same thread, for now)

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

I thought I had Tiered all the stuff in the thread itself, but I hadn't looked through some signatures yet, so the earlier post includes some of that, plus some new. I hope I haven't missed anything too interesting in the past few months?.
    i know none of my stuff got tiered. also, welcome back to the land of the sane.

although only these should be tiered

Guardian Sentinel
    The Combatant
    Paladin
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

26. - Top - End - #566
    Bugbear in the Playground

I figured I'd throw up some of my best works for tiering.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tenebrist > A few mysteries aren't done, but their effects are pretty much the same as the spells they are based on

Necroloc > A warlock-like necromancer with some interesting options

Lexitheurge > Truenaming fix that expands on the original's 'feel', while making it viable

Witch > Because the Warlock doesn't always cut it

Entropomancer > The master of nothing

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

It'd be fantastic if you were willing to tier my Bow Shaper which you might have missed earlier up or I might not be seeing in the compendium. Best of luck with the ATC job by the way.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

28. - Top - End - #568

OldWizardGuy

While your mistaken belief is somewhat strangely flattering, you don't need a Tiering to be eligible for any of the contests on GitP.
    To both Morph and Temotei, thank you for that clear-up. I breathe easy once more.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, that should be good now~ (Sorry that took so long, there were about 5 more feats than I meant to add at the bottom there...) Go ahead with the tiering~!

30. - Top - End - #570
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Morph, it seems like you have a lot on your plate. When you've worked through some of the backlog, I'd love if you could tackle a few of my multitude of base classes... it's a low priority atm, though, because I really need to update my sigs before you get there, otherwise many things will be missed.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)