New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

{Main Room}

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Penny and Sheldon are probably still in that bowl. They may have started a game of hide and seek. Penny would be at a disadvantage, being pink and all, but she's made a good strategy of hiding under leaves of lettuce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Except Sheldon is a fatty and ate most of the lettuce.
    He currently has an enlarged, cartoonish stomach.
    Vidalia looks down at the two dinosaurs, curiousity written on her face. Well hello, what do we have here? She reaches in to carefully try to pick the pink one up.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lakeshore

Julie is in a one-piece, a light lavender that covers a surprising amount of her smooth, pale skin. It doesn't even have a plunging neckline, or ride up high on her hips!

Probably because there are a total of five little eyes watching her, and she doesn't want to give the smart little minds behind them any ideas on what is proper attire. At least the bathing suit is practical, and hugs her curves properly. Julie wouldn't be caught dead in something ill-fitting or unfashionable.

Julie hasn't noticed her two new companions yet, but Prism certainly has. The sand around Patty's feet turns bright orange when it's compressed, and the little girl has abandoned her castle-making to look in the priestess' direction. Kate may find the glow off of her hair twisting around a bit, forming a shimmering veil without apparent effort on the toddler's part.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeshore

Patty hasn't noticed Kate yet. But, spotting the orange sand, looks up to spot Prism watching her, and waves cheerfully, wriggling her fingers in the way one waves to a youngin. "Hello, there!" the priestess calls with a beaming smile.

Of course, the light glinting off her holy-symbol necklace will probably get a 'oooh, SHINY!' reaction...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #784
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeshore

Kate will walk toward the lakeshore, and will notice Patty. Had Julie made some other friend? That's good.

After a moment, she also notices that something is messing with the glow from her hair. That means Prism noticed her.

Kate doesn't say anything yet. Having another person here is going to make it awkward...

5. - Top - End - #785

Lakeshore

Considering the way Prism's distinctive namesake scales are constantly throwing out a rainbow of light just by her being in the sun, Patty may have to do more than jangle shiny jewellery in front of her to keep her attention. Although, now that she's close, Patty should be able to feel a warm, happy, bubbly aura coming from the baby. The budding little empath has learned to properly broadcast her emotions when she wants to, which she uses quite a bit now in conjunction with her ability to manipulate light instead of speaking. Even with Julie constantly tutoring and coaching the two, Prism is still very shy about speaking, and only seems to do it around people she's comfortable with, like Sophie, Kate on occasion, Pansy, and her parents.

Nothing can keep Scylla shut up for long, although she's content to play in the sand for now. New people can wait until she's done her masterpiece.

Julie takes off the somewhat ridiculous looking headphones that come with the metal detector and turns to Patty, and Kate behind her. Her somewhat frustrated frown breaks before the good fortune of having two friends show up, one unexpectedly.

She fireports the finicky device back to her cabin with a fang-laden grin, stepping up to the two.

"Patty! Kate! I don't know which of you I should hug first. You two met, right? At Eric's "going away" party." It doesn't seem right to call it a funeral now that he's back, so the euphemism can serve as a placeholder now.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

"I think we did, yes," Patty says, after a moment's surprise, then turning and smiling to Kate with a nod. Before stepping up to hug Julie tightly, if briefly, the happiness proving contagious. "It's good to see you again! And well, too!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #787
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeshore

"Yes, hello! It's nice to see you again." She walks up, no point staying back now. She lets the touchy-feely people have their hug. For her part, she looks back to prism, kneeling next to her. "Hello Prism? How are you?"

This coincidentally puts Kate's antenna close to Prism.

8. - Top - End - #788

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Main Room}

Vidalia looks down at the two dinosaurs, curiousity written on her face. Well hello, what do we have here? She reaches in to carefully try to pick the pink one up.
    {Main Room}

She also has a little red bow. It's important... for reasons. She's easily picked up! And it is suddenly very high! "Raawr Raawr- Rrr."* High! High-Oh hello. Seems she's quite easily distracted.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #789

Lakeshore

Julie giggles, unable to help herself at the merriment. She really should have called Patty /months/ ago, but the negative memories they shared had put her off of it. Now, the priestess had missed so much, she hardly knew where to begin.

So she breaks off from the hug and pounces at Kate, trying to land on her back and throw her arms around Kate's neck in a tight hug, her wings opening wide and flapping a few times so they aren't thrown off balance. Toppling over and falling on the children would be bad.

Prism also giggles! It's a very thin, light sound though, and barely audible over all the other commotion. Her corona of light turns pink and yellow while she does, and she claps her sand-covered hands.

"Patty, I'd like you to meet my daughters, finally. The little oddball full of colour and noise right here is Prism." Julie reaches out and pokes Prism on the nose with a fingernail, prompting more delighted laughter.

"And Picassette over in the surf is my Scylla. Aren't they darlings?" Motherly pride doesn't begin to describe what Julie's feeling these days. The morose, nearly terminally depressed succubus Patty may remember has been completely blown away, revealing what might as well be an entirely new person.

"Oh, Kate! I wasn't expecting you today. What can I do for you?" She's just now acknowledged that her possible piggy-back victim is here for something other than a visit, considering she's still dealing with height problems.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Patty can't help but giggle cheerily at Julie's enthuiastic glomp of Kate, grinning happily and waving to Prisim and Scylla. "They're adorable!" the priestess declares. "And looks like they have an artistic bent, too," she adds with a wink.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #791
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeshore

"Gah!"

Kate wasn't expecting that... not at all.

"Julie, please get off?"

Assuming she does so, Kate will regain her composure and face Julie. "It's some news about my condition, and it was going to be good news, but... I just have a lot to talk about. I've spoken to Waldorf, and there has been some... gah, suffice to say a lot has happened"

12. - Top - End - #792

Lakeshore

Julie does get up, although not before giving Kate a reassuring squeeze.

"We have been trying to encourage them to take up whatever they want, but it seems to be all they want to do is cause trouble. I can't leave them alone for a minute these days. Say, can you watch them for a bit? I'll go with Kate to fix some sandwiches and she can tell me about these things that have been happening." She says with a self-assured smile. If Kate is having a bad run of days, Julie is going to help, simple as that, and nothing will stop her. The succubus exudes confidence in the same way she usually would ooze sex appeal. She will solve problems and help people.

Inside, she's not quite so confident she's the right person for this, but she'd be a poor friend if she didn't at least try.

Prism is doing... something to the back of Kate's shirt though. By warping the light that reflects off of it, she'd made it rainbow coloured! much prettier now. That's assuming Kate doesn't stop her somehow. She gives a thought, and then makes the sand Scylla is playing with rainbowed as well. The other baby seems delighted with this, and starts building little blue, green, red and yellow huts around her tiny doomfort.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

"Of course. And let me know if there's anything I can do to help too, alright?" Patty asks, nodding, before settling herself down on the sand, and starting to build a sandcastle of her own!

...using telekinensis.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeshore

"Allright." Kate will signal for Julie to lead, oblivious to her sudden added colors. She smiles at prism and Scylla as she turns to go, though.

15. - Top - End - #795

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    {Main Room}

She also has a little red bow. It's important... for reasons. She's easily picked up! And it is suddenly very high! "Raawr Raawr- Rrr."* High! High-Oh hello. Seems she's quite easily distracted.
    Main Room
    "Raaaawrrr..."*My tummy hurts...
    He rubbed his enlarged belly with his tiny stub legs.

Sheldon and Penny are both tiny brontosaurs I do believe, at least Sheldon is. He's also green, has an acorn top on his back, and thinks he's a turtle.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #796
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wedding]

Andy is here as well sitting on one of the seats wearing a suit. He doesn't really know the wedding pair, but after all he thinks it's better to show up than hide. It could be missunderstood and that is the last thing he wants.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #797

Lakeshore -> Kitchens

Julie snickers as Kate's back is revealed to her, but doesn't say anything about it. She'll get her a change of clothes once the serious mess is taken care of.

"Thanks again Patty, see you in a bit!" She shouts back as the two walk off to talk privately a bit.

If Patty turns to the two half-demonic starspawn, she'll see that Prism has already taken advantage of the momentary distraction of her mother leaving, and is toddling off closer to the water's edge, apparently intent on going for a swim despite having no experience with the big lake before.

-----

"So, what all has happened? Besides whatever Wally got up to I mean. Sorry again for... him." Resigned embarrassment is the biggest admission of fault Kate will get from Julie on that one. Waldorf wouldn't have taken an interest in her if Julie hadn't first introduced them, and then much of the headache inducing timesplitting could have been kept in the family, and away from Kate, who seemed to be taking it harder than most.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchens

Kate will walk toward the kitchen, not as energetic as usual. "Well, my pixie-addled mind came to the logical conclusion that I should pull an all-nighter at work. After making an insane kudzu code that I want to mess with today, I passed out and had a somewhat restful night. And then Waldorf... you know that part, right? And the advice he gave me?"

19. - Top - End - #799

Kitchens

Julie winces a bit, "Not... really? We tend to stay out of Wally's mind while he's doing whatever he's doing, unless we need to contact him. His memories go into the same pool everyone else's do, but no one bothers to look at them. For some reason, he's the only one of us who actually enjoys staring into an infinite void of gears and insanity as part of his morning commute." She jokes, getting her chipper mood back at the end of it.

"Personally, it gives me a headache. So, what happened then, did you change your sheets and such?" From how she's speaking now, it's clear the wince was from her actually accessing the conversation as she spoke, and she's now mulling over what happened. It was good advice, she supposed, but she had been wondering why he didn't offer some more direct help for her. Well, besides his own self interest.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchens

"Yes, I changed my sheets, but I'm going to need an all new mattress... something I didn't have time to get before bed last night. My current one... at the least it's a work of art, and I'm considering taking it in to Azik to have him see if it does anything." She sighs. "And it didn't help that at 3:00 AM I woke up in a cold sweat having just had a crazy dream about the inside of Waldorf's pocketwatch. When I got up to get a drink, the water was slow coming out. As in, it fell is slow motion."

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding

((Continuity correction: Gamalial is the older brother of Renetta's father, and Paul, his servant and secret lover, is a human, not an elf.))

Lily has picked up a smattering of Wolfen, but the brothers are speaking too low for her to hear them. It isn't that hard for her to tell that Waterstrider is nervous though, so she clambers up into his lap and hugs him tightly. "Renetta is soooooo lucky."

Brand finds Justin and shakes hands in greeting. "It's good to see you. I hope you brought a big appetite."

Tito finishes bringing out another tray of food, and spots Brinika. "Are you nervous? I would be, if I had to sing. I bet you were practicing all night."

Weavemaker goes to her sons. <"Are you ready to catch your mate?"> she asks Waterstrider playfully.

Pansy approaches Lydia and Renetta. "Is there anything else you need dear?"

Gamalial is speaking quietly to Paul in elven. <"I only want Rettie to be happy, but I never imagined her wedding day like this - my beautiful, brilliant niece being wed to a primitive.">

Paul touches his hand softly. <"We find love in surprising places.">

<"Yes. I suppose we do."> Gamalial smiles at his friend and secret lover. What they share together is forbidden in their culture. <"But I wish she hadn't changed. I thought we'd have her back in a few decades, after she buried him.">

<"She did it for love,"> Paul says wistfully. He knows in a few decades he'll be dead, and Gamalial left behind to grieve and move on. Gamalial loves him - Paul doesn't doubt that - but he knows that Gamalial would never make the same sacrifice that Renetta made for Waterstrider. <"You must have seen the joy in her eyes.">

Gamalial relents. <"I did. And her protector... if we couldn't keep her with us, at least we know he'll never let her come to harm.">
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #802

Kitchens

Julie starts cutting apart buns to make sandwiches out of, and takes a moment to think it over, "Well, either you were still half-asleep, or your fey magic was influencing your environment based on the previous dream, or maybe both. I mean, it's not uncommon to see things like that in normal people, where their perception of time is altered for a bit. I'm no dream specialist though." But wasn't there one in the family? That's... odd, Julie could have sworn there was one, but now she must be dreaming, because the more she thinks about it the less that makes sense. And why was she thinking about Rocid all of a sudden? He specialized in brain-melting, as disgusting as that was.

"I remember that Arty was working on something, sort of a predecessor to Wally's watch, that slowed down and sped up time. He never got the cooling right on the prototypes though, so he scrapped the idea." She doesn't know why she mentioned that, it just seemed relevant. Although... "So, if time was actually slowing down, there would probably be a lot of temporal friction, just like with those trinkets. Did the air seem hotter than usual or anything?" That's the only thing she could think of for making that connection. She seems to be making a lot of connections these days, without knowing why until they're made.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

[Wedding]

Brinika nods. Yeah, I'm nervous. No use hiding it. I've never sung before this kind of audience before. I hope they'll like it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchens

Kate gets out some ingredients while she talks, "Well, it took about fifteen minutes in my sleepy, fairy-addled state to realize that the problem was that I was moving faster in time... or maybe slower? Bah... I was going about three times as fast as everything else, as opposed to everything around me going slower. I was simple to dispel, but I woke up early because I had applied the effect while I was asleep, so I got more sleep than the time I was asleep for... it's just confusing. And that's just what the fairy issue has given me to think about."

25. - Top - End - #805

Kitchens

Huh, alright then, her guess was a bit off, but if Kate was moving only three times faster than normal, it wouldn't have caused that much trouble, and it could be that her fairy magic was taking care of the friction as well.

"So, what else is on your mind? I can't really do much about fairy stuff besides being a sounding board. Oh! If you are going to Azik's though, and you have some cash to spare, you might want to invest in magic-resistant sheets and pillow cases. He can probably enchant them, even if he has none in stock. It might make it easier to catch some sleep without losing a head of height each night." It probably won't help her dreams or dusting, but it could stop magic from building up in the fabric next time.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding

"You sing really pretty. I bet everybody will love to hear you."
    Tito says to Brinika.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

[Wedding]

Brinika grins. Thanks! I have a few songs I want to play. Wolfen songs and goblin songs and other ones too. And Caretaker will help with the music.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding]

"No, I think I'm ready." Renetta replies to Pansy after releasing her mother.

"I'm going to go sit by your uncle." Lydia touches the welfen's arm and then departs, leaving a rather nervous looking Renetta alone with Pansy.

Lydia comes over and takes a seat next to Gamalial. She sighs, just barely audibly, and is looking weary. She's hiding most of her feelings about this event from Renetta. "<She's very happy.>" She says, though it's more to reassure herself than anything.

29. - Top - End - #809

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Wedding

Brand finds Justin and shakes hands in greeting. "It's good to see you. I hope you brought a big appetite."
    Wedding

"I never leave home without it, Especially when your family is catering." Justin says taking Brand's hand. "So, do you know how the ceremony's going to go? I'm not exactly knowledgeable on Wolfen culture."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #810
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchens

"Yeah. The other part is that, after talking to Waldorf I ran into a talking pony. That's not immediately important in and of itself, but thanks to that pony I wound up in Trog's, just as someone barged in with a laser that made people into mermaids. And then I panicked, I tried to hurt him, I escaped, and I wound up sobbing on a wall. A new friend talked to me a bit and made me feel better, but the realization that I'm... kinda close to... you know, losing it. That's kind of scary. And then, as I was walking home, I realized that I had just been helping a talking pony and a vampire with a key blade, and how odd was that? If I hadn't recognized the pony from the internet (long story) I wouldn't have batted two eyelashes about it. And then I looked down at myself, and I realized, fully realized, that I was some Nexus freak myself. It was kind of an odd feeling."

She leans up against a wall. "It still is."