New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

Jamie's Garden

"I believe I'll stay here. I have some more people to meet," Vasi says. "Enjoy your trip."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Yes, but now that you clarify it I realize that it is not the issue. I wasn't really telling my mind what do, no more than I tell my hands to. I realized that there was a specific way to do things, where force would need to be applied, but it wasn't more... detached, if you will, than using my hands would be."
    Rowan Cabin

"Then it might be best if "I'm not the one to teach you. You psionics, born of your madness or otherwise, does not appear to function as our own. Where we were born with it, you've created something all of your own, and to teach you would limit your potential." Julie's voice comes from Waldorf's lips halfway through the speech, and she smiles laviciously at Copi with his mouth.

"Maybe you'll be like me, and learn to manipulate minds and emotions with your will, or Waldorf, who can do just about everything with all the time he's got on his hands. You might work best in dreams, or on physical objects, but whatever you do Copi, I think you need to find out on your own. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to deny you training, as I think it would do more harm than good." Mindscrew over with, Julie is pulled in through Waldorf's watch, an ability she hates using with a passion, as the mass of gears always makes her entirely too nauseous.

So now, with Waldorf off to god knows where and Copi possibly confused as to just who was instructing her this entire time, Julie goes over the the fridge to get herself something cold to settle her stomach.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

What-ah, Julie probably was watching the conversation. And then Waldorf was Waldorf. No further explanation is really needed. As for who the instruction was coming from, the language was probably from Waldorf while the teaching would be shared between the two; the message would have been the same despite who delivered it.

"I can only imagine how that was for you, probably just as confusing as it was for me, just in different ways. How have you been, Julie? Well, I presume?"

4. - Top - End - #1384

Rowan Cabin

"Oh no, I knew I was coming here that way, I just hate doing it. I'm well, except for that. I didn't know you'd be around today, or else I would have been back sooner. I just decided I could test you properly, rather than that little mess with the cultists, if you didn't know I was doing it. So after Wally's explanation of time things, I asked to step in." Time things is Julie's phrase for it. She doesn't really have the breadth of knowledge, or the caring, to stomach all the speculation required to understand what he's talking about.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Interesting.

"Perhaps after I better understand my powers, we could compare and contrast. In the meantime, I would like to ask you a favor of sorts... as is blatantly obvious," she spreads her arms, drawing attention to her dress, "I was in a fight and the dress lost. If you could provide me with a replacement, I would appreciate it."

6. - Top - End - #1386

Rowan Cabin

"Of course I can. I already have quite a few things in your size I've done up in my spare time that I can part with, I just have to take them in a bit. Want to come into my room? I can tailor a few ones you might like on you and finish the fittings soon enough." Julie heads for the bedroom, glass in hand.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Copi will follow Julie. "Until I acquire some kind of storage, I need to stick with one dress at a time. While not having a home has a certain amount of advantages, storage is probably the big problem. I hope that Kate will loan me a bit of her closet, but until them... hm, she'll probably come over today. In the evening. It'll be good to see her again."

8. - Top - End - #1388

Rowan Cabin

"You could always grab a small cabin and ask for some psychological help here. Even if you don't need somewhere to sleep, having a place to call your own is always refreshing, and having people who care about your well being doubly so." As Julie has come to find out, after having lost both.

"Anyway, you certainly didn't come here for my opinion on that. If nothing else, I could probably find you a cheap purse to put a change of clothes in, if you don't care that it'll be filled up by that alone." She lays out three dresses on the bed, each fairly plain and cut square at the neck, coming down to just above the knees. Each has a decorative apron patch sewn onto the front which conceals a front pouch pocket, like the ones you'd find on hooded sweatshirts.

And they even come in dark red, pale blue, and deep green!

"I wanted to try out a sort of theme with these ones, and they came out fairly well, but they aren't really for me. Something about them kind of screams "mass murdering psychopath dressed up as a child's doll" in my head." Oddly specific for a clothing line Julie.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Perhaps I will get a cabin here, but... I'm not sure if I want to risk psychological help. For the psychiatrist, I mean. I somehow doubt that I would be fixable. As for these dresses in particular... I agree with you completely. I'll keep them in mind if I ever want someone dead. If you find one missing, I recommend you inquire as per my whereabouts and metal status immediately."

She is completely serious.

"In any case I should probably get some kind of portable storage, yes. Perhaps not a purse, though... too easily snatched. Perhaps I should go about getting enough money for a pouch of holding..."

10. - Top - End - #1390

Rowan Cabin

Julie wrinkles her nose cutely, "So you don't like them either then? Shame. Some money would definitely help you out, but you'd either have to go treasure hunting or get a real job if you want to save up quickly." At least those are her legal options.

"Hmm, I have something I could take out a bit, but it's somewhat formal. I could lend you one of my sundresses, even if they'd be a bit short on someone with your legs." Julie likes her casual wear short and breezy.

"Any preferences, or should I just let you go nuts on my wardrobe?"

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Outside Infirmary -> Tree, Forest]

Vidalia will indeed help Lucy search for Bill. Given Lucy's apparent friendship to Bill, is it okay to assume that she'll put to rest Vidalia's fear of the Deathclaw before they find him?

Vidalia will smile as well. Indeed. Who'd be afraid of that? she smiles along with Lucy, but doesn't laugh. So, what brings the two of you to GLoG? she walks closer to the tree, and using a vine that grows from her hand, tries to tickle one of Bill's bare extremities.
    Lucy will very likely try to calm any fear that Vidalia has, acting as professionally as possible. Keeping an optimistic tone when speaking.

"We heard rumours of this League when we were in the city. It sounded quite fantastical and wonderful and it most certainly seems to be."

Smiling, Lucy tries to be reassuring to Vidalia while waiting for Bill to wake up.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin

Julie wrinkles her nose cutely, "So you don't like them either then? Shame. Some money would definitely help you out, but you'd either have to go treasure hunting or get a real job if you want to save up quickly." At least those are her legal options.

"Hmm, I have something I could take out a bit, but it's somewhat formal. I could lend you one of my sundresses, even if they'd be a bit short on someone with your legs." Julie likes her casual wear short and breezy.

"Any preferences, or should I just let you go nuts on my wardrobe?"

"Longer dresses are preferred, as are ones with a greater freedom of movement... but ultimately, a dress that you wouldn't mind getting slightly mauled would be preferable. I don't intend on going out and finding fights, but... chances are, I'm going to end up in some. Hopefully not as... explosion-heavy as the last one, but still."

13. - Top - End - #1393

Rowan Cabin

Julie considers things carefully... "Do you care much about how much it weighs? I've got something here, but it's a little heavy... or, well, make that a lot heavy for this kind of weather." On the upside, it would fit all of Copi's specifications so far.

Julie goes rooting around in her dresser, trying to find where she stuffed whatever it is she's thinking about loaning to Copi.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Weight has it's advantages and disadvantages. Let us see it."

Temperature is less of an issue now than it used to be, and additional weight implies more material and perhaps therefore some amount of protection. Well, she will see the dress's specifics and judge it then.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

One day, on the mid-afternoon, there's a knock on the door of the Poplar Cabin. Reelshka hopes the Applehills are home, since she has something to tell Brand.

[Around the Campsite]

Sophie is watching from a distance as her new cat is exploring the grounds.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-15 at 11:07 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin

Pansy opens the door with a finger on her lips. "Brand just got the kids down for their nap."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1397

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Weight has it's advantages and disadvantages. Let us see it."

Temperature is less of an issue now than it used to be, and additional weight implies more material and perhaps therefore some amount of protection. Well, she will see the dress's specifics and judge it then.
    Rowan Cabin

"Alright, here it is." Julie hauls it out of a drawer, bumping it closed with her hip.

The dress is a glossy black, shimmering fabric, each thread catching an individual beam of light and reflecting it back. It's long enough to go down to Copi's ankles, and the fabric goes right up to her neck. From the way Julie holds it, she can see that it's very thick and heavy, double-sewn to conceal some heavier material inside. The sleeves end precisely at the wrist, and all over the garment are small snap buttons, spaced closely together. One line of them goes down the left side of the skirt, while another slashes diagonally across the chest, up to the left side of the neck, and each arm has buttons up to the elbow holding it together. The fabric is doubled over in these areas, preventing anything from being seen through them, and hopefully offering some protection from spills.

"Once had a devil ask me for a favor, since she was training hell-hounds and needed something to keep acidic spittle and fangs from ruining all her work clothes. Worked on it all night, but she didn't like the lab coat look quite as much as I thought, so this one stayed with me while I made her another set which was a bit more skimpy. Like I said, it's pretty heavy, probably about thirty pounds or so. Don't know what it would take to ruin it, but if you left it unbuttoned, it would work as an overcoat too." The succubus turns it this way and that for Copi's benefit, wondering if she'll finally be able to get rid of it.

"Oh, and if you'd like, I can coax Prism into making it a new colour. Black probably isn't your thing, right?"

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

Reelshka nods. Pansy will probably notice that one of her eyes - the left one - is smoky green instead of pale yellow now.
    Of course. I'd like to talk to him, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin

"Of course." Pansy says. She notices the eye, but decides to ask about it later. She steps into the kitchen and returns with Brand.

"You wanted to see me?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

Hello, Brand. I wanted to see you because I have a proposal for you... would you like to become a member of the GLoG council? Reelshka asks.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"ooh..."

Copi will examine it closely. Heavy, yes, and not her color, true, but that style is so cool. Chances are it provides some protection, enough folds of fabric do.

"I will admit that I love the style. And while I would prefer a different color, the visual effect is marvelously done. What is the under material? A kind of heavy fabric?"

22. - Top - End - #1402

Rowan Cabin

"Leather made from the old hellhounds. Their skin only gets thicker and tougher as they get old, so when they die of old age it makes incredible armor." Julie replies, letting Copi hold it if she wants. She'll find that Julie may have been exaggerating about the weight, but only by a little. It's definitely more than twenty pounds on its own.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin

Brand looks surprised, but thinks about it a bit. "What sort of responsibilities would it involve?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

"Not as many of them as you'd think, really," Reelshka says. "Primarily, councilors have more authority for making decisions. They can also speak for the whole organization if it's necessary. We're not really leaders, more like... caretakers, if you know what I mean.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin

"What made you think of me?"
    Brand asks.

"Why wouldn't she think of you? You're perfect for the job," Pansy says, with a kiss on his cheek.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

Reelshka smiles slightly. "You've proven to be responsible and you've helped the Leage a great deal. I feel that I can trust you to make the right decisions."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-15 at 12:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy will very likely try to calm any fear that Vidalia has, acting as professionally as possible. Keeping an optimistic tone when speaking.

"We heard rumours of this League when we were in the city. It sounded quite fantastical and wonderful and it most certainly seems to be."

Smiling, Lucy tries to be reassuring to Vidalia while waiting for Bill to wake up.
    Tree
    Bill doesn't wake up!
    This may because his skin is incredibly tough and has little feeling in it, because he's indeed a deathclaw.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

[Medical Lab]

Reinholdt undeadtimes, reading more books here. Read read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Poplar Cabin]

Reelshka smiles slightly. You've proven to be responsible and you've helped the Leage a great deal. I feel that I can trust you to make the right decisions.
    "Let me think on it overnight," Brand says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin]

"Of course," Reelshka says with a nod. "You know where to find me once you make up your mind."