New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Ummm...Where has everybody gone? I know it's finals week for you Americans-Is that it?
    I'm waiting on you, I believe. Seeing as I'm pretty sure that I was the last one to post for the scene with Ina and Ryuu.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Sorry, am busy with a rather heavy-weighing project for school. I will try to stop being all panicky and actually post soon! ^_^
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Okay, should be able to get something up tonight. The prepping stuff for the ceremony is pretty much done.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #424
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be back on the 8th of January, EST. Sorry, I happen to be in Australia at the moment and will post when I return.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

I am back. Sorry for the doublepost, I'll do that soon.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, it bums me to say this, but I don't think I'll get the chance to post again. Terry has been MIA from the arc for nearly two months, give or take a filler post, and since Yori's existence sort of hinges on him posting, I don't know if we'll ever close the arc out so we can start a new one.

Sort of lame. Call me if the plot ever starts moving again.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Well, it bums me to say this, but I don't think I'll get the chance to post again. Terry has been MIA from the arc for nearly two months, give or take a filler post, and since Yori's existence sort of hinges on him posting, I don't know if we'll ever close the arc out so we can start a new one.

Sort of lame. Call me if the plot ever starts moving again.
    Sadly, I'm forced to agree. Though my recent absence partly stems from illness and lack of time, Terry's own absence is also a big factor. My primary character in the RP has been basically paralysed for months. On the rare occasions when she does get a scene, it tends to be slow, stuttering and far removed from the main plot. As a result, I have a lot less motivation to post these days, even for my other characters.

The most frustrating part of this for me is that I really like Hajime. I think he's a great character with tons of potential. Given the option, I'd love to explore his relationship with Moroe, and the growth it brings to both of them. But sadly, that doesn't seem to be much of a possibility any more.

Clearly this has become a serious problem; One which needs to be solved. So, what's the solution? Any suggestions would be welcome. Obviously I can move Moroe on with a simple (though wrenching) scene change, but that wouldn't do much for Duos' problem. Ideally, it would be nice to have a plan that gets the whole plot moving again, rather than just one character.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, one thing could be to look for a way to implement the Nexus' plotclone mechanic. This is however difficult, as Railgun does not usually have people in three places at once. ^_^'

I only have a few suggestions myself, but I hope they may inspire some great ideas! ^_^

One possibility is to agree to the state the characters will be in upon the end of the plot. It could be anything from getting hurt in a way that leaves temporary amnesia (which could even be achieved after the plot if no opportunity arises) to the exact events that may happen. This would allow for a character to be played at a later chronological time while the plot waits. Probably not easy to manage, however. ^_^'

Another possibility is to have some of the secret organisations cause something that creates fake versions (clones, holograms, mass hallucinations, etc.) of the characters. This might mean that any development of the fakes' personalities or experience could end up "non-canon" to the main version, but would provide a (possibly easier to split up and avoid dependency on a specific person) plot thread to follow for when a character is caught up in a plot and replaced.

A last possibility is to arrange for Terry's role to become less plot-driving in the next X number of posts. Not sure if that is possible without causing some sort of reality-altering effect, however, as I have neglected to follow the plot in detail. >_>

Ooh! Or we could have a non-canon thread for short mini-plots and backstory roleplaying. Those have worked (sometimes even making a story in it canon) for some games. :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Why HAS Terry been AFK so long. I mean he could at least pop in to say something, even if it is just that he was going to leave Gitp for a while.

10. - Top - End - #430

I am back, I had some serious school stuff going down. Senior year is hard.

Also, I'm mostly on other forums now, and I keep forgetting to open GiTP.

EDIT: I'm gonna shotgun the rest of the arc like there's no tomorrow, open up Moroe to other options, and make myself post once a day.

If you'd like to badger me to post, I'm <scrubbed> on Steam, and <scrubbed> on Skype. If you at least remind me, I'll probably remember.

OH YOU WANT PLOT

YOU WANT NEW ARCS

LET'S ROCK

e: got doxxed. Removing ****.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2018-10-18 at 05:36 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #431

I would like to apologize for my recent absence here. Though not plot important, I know it still affects characters, and I am sorry.

Life just kinda doesn't like me at the moment.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yay, problem solved! ^_^

Perhaps we could try to plan for a way to prevent a plot hanging on one person in the future? Not that I doubt Terry is doing a terrific job, but it is apparent that there is a risk of stagnation if the plot-bearing player is missing. ^_^'

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I would like to apologize for my recent absence here. Though not plot important, I know it still affects characters, and I am sorry.

Life just kinda doesn't like me at the moment.
    No need to apologise for that, life can be plain mean sometimes. u_u

*Glomp*

Better? :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Yay, problem solved! ^_^
    Well, maybe. With no offence intended to Terry, his record in this department isn't exactly 100%. It has, after all, been around 40 days since he promised to post 'tomorrow'...

14. - Top - End - #434

Well now I have a TA period instead of Science, and the only intensive class is English.

However, my English is ridiculously over the top with Research Projects and such, so writing up stuff is difficult.

EDIT: Also, in the past 40 days I've only written like... 5000 words? Tops? I haven't been very good at doing stuff lately.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2013-01-16 at 07:11 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #435

*pokes thread*

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm waiting on Lord C at the moment...

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
    *pokes thread*
    At this point, I think we should just roll the day over. A fresh start might well help to inject some life back into things. We can worry about any continuity issues after the game actually gets moving again.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, that might work. Cause I'm still here and interested though I am busy, especially since I'm running a game of my own.

Though I was hoping that Cao would post since Tobio was supposed to have the event he told Sojiro about check out.

19. - Top - End - #439

I have an event planned out for Shiho when night falls, so I'll post that if we're starting a new day (after DYF, an avatar request, and other stuff).

Edit: Feel free to advance the day if needed, though. Don't worry too much about Shiho - I could always post retroactively if I can't finish my avatar request by today.
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2013-01-27 at 09:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Pixie in the Playground

I've actually been waiting for Terry somewhat. But, I will post Masami here; even though Atrum's supposd to be the one who ...Blech, never mind, I'll do it.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    I've actually been waiting for Terry somewhat. But, I will post Masami here; even though Atrum's supposd to be the one who ...Blech, never mind, I'll do it.
    Make sure to post for Ina, too...

22. - Top - End - #442

I may just give up Shiki's plotline completely and write up the next suite of characters I was going to introduce. I get the feeling Terry isn't going to be posting with any sort of regularity for the foreseeable future, since he is apparently swamped with work.

As the other person involved, I should ask: Anyr; any objections?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

...As the other person involved, I should ask: Anyr; any objections?
    None whatsoever.

24. - Top - End - #444

Sorry about dropping that huge wall of text. I needed a good scenario to describe what science!Shiho is like (don't worry though - her nervous social personality is not just an act. It's more of a lighter side of life that she also really wants to be a part, but currently has no experience in).

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Holy crap! Duos I just thought of who your character reminded me of! Yori reminds me of freaking Lord Zedd! I mean he has the monster like NORN, SURTR, and YMIR. Heck the last two even acted like your typical power rangers monster and had the same mannerisms. Thinking of this I have one question. Who is Yori's Rita Revolta?

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Holy crap! Duos I just thought of who your character reminded me of! Yori reminds me of freaking Lord Zedd! I mean he has the monster like NORN, SURTR, and YMIR. Heck the last two even acted like your typical power rangers monster and had the same mannerisms. Thinking of this I have one question. Who is Yori's Rita Revolta?
    I don't think he has one, really. Although I will admit, I do like Sentai. Call me a sucker for the monster-of-the-week formula. I could totally see Yori with an evil second-in-command, though:

AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS OF IMPRISONMENT, I'M FREE! TIME TO CONQUER THE EARTH!

*Smack*

"An eight hour shift is hardly a thousand years of imprisonment. And no conquering while off-duty."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Sorry about dropping that huge wall of text. I needed a good scenario to describe what science!Shiho is like (don't worry though - her nervous social personality is not just an act. It's more of a lighter side of life that she also really wants to be a part, but currently has no experience in).
    No need to be sorry, it was quite a fun and engaging read. ^_^

Now I just wish I had any character who were at all likely to meet anyone related to this. Curse you, characters who are not involved in improbably big conspiracies! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    I have never watched Sentai or Power Rangers, but that really makes me want to throw a character at them. Since Yua is still caught in the dead time of waiting on a murderer who seems to be able to detect hidden civilians, that leaves Katsu or a new character.

So, any way a hyperactive speedster could stumble upon anything? Or perhaps an need for an evil henchperson or hapless victim? :3

I don't think he has one, really. Although I will admit, I do like Sentai. Call me a sucker for the monster-of-the-week formula. I could totally see Yori with an evil second-in-command, though:

AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS OF IMPRISONMENT, I'M FREE! TIME TO CONQUER THE EARTH!

*Smack*

"An eight hour shift is hardly a thousand years of imprisonment. And no conquering while off-duty."
    Considering the amount of conspiracies, I am sure we could find someone who has been trapped for a thousand years somewhere.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Since Yua is still caught in the dead time of waiting on a murderer who seems to be able to detect hidden civilians, that leaves Katsu or a new character.
    ...Damnitdamnitdamnitdamnit. Posting now...

29. - Top - End - #449

Hey C'nor, would you still like to have Shiho and Alia meet? I apologize for forgetting about it.

EDIT: I guess I was really out of it last night and couldn't remember Shiho's name.
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2013-02-03 at 10:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey C'nor, would you still like to have Alyssa and Aiya meet? I apologize for forgetting about it.
    Assuming you mean Alia, then yes, that sounds good.