New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1160
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Spoiler
    Show
    Slowly the storyteller remembers his werewolf game and decides to stay up late to make another post.

The Garou once more all gather round as the Silver Fangs prepare to speak. Among the whispers, it can be heard as others gossip that there was a klaive battle they missed during the break. The disappointment in their words is somewhat distressing.

DuskSlayer passes the rite of speaking around the Silver Fangs, and they all tell a good story. Likely only the ones who could tell a good story were allowed to speak. They all revolve around Silver Fangs doing some sort of glorious battle, whether it be the story teller or the story tellers ancestor.

Finally, DuskSlayer passes the rite of speaking to Finds-Future-Hope
    "Brothers and Sisters, I know what you must be thinking. When the howl went out, you were all very concerned. This moot was unscheduled. Surely something must be amiss. But nothing has been mentioned, and the formalities is almost out of the way. So you ask yourselves, 'Was I mistaken?'

No, I tell you. No you were not. Trouble is brewing and brewing fast. I do not pretend to understand everything that happens on Gaia, but I am wise enough to know that I must accept what I cannot change. This is one of those cases.

As some of you who have dipped in the umbra may have guessed, something is wrong. For as long as I have lived, this site was always the site of Moots. That is because it is the site of a powerful Caern. But if you go into the umbra, you will not sense any of that power. WHY IS THIS? You ask it, and I ask it. I do not know why it has happened, but I at least understand what has happened.

The Caerns around the area has shifted. All of them have moved. In some cases, several miles. This Caern has now shifted into Kenosha. In the city, the have shifted from parks and gardens, to buildings and streets. For the Bone Gnawers & Glass Walkers who guarded them, this has been only a slight annoyance. But for the rest of us, those who guarded caerns like this one, it has been a significant loss. I don't know how, but the weaver has shifted all the power to itself."

At this point, Garou begin to talk among themselves, part gossip and part panic.

"Do not be afraid my brothers. We have overcome many challenges. I know so, because I have heard many many stories of our strength tonight. In every instance we act as creatures pure and worthy of Gaia's gifts. We will overcome our enemies. Are you with me? Or Are you afraid?"

And to be expected, everyone begins to shout they are with him. In addition, he seems to be using some gifts along side his speech. The effect is that having listened to him, you gain a sense of strength in each other and a trust in your leaders. You get a feeling that you can overcome whatever this problem may be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Talk among yourselves. Also, you're all now Rank 2. You have enough renown of whatever you need to be Rank 2.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs head shot to Hour Tales. "Is this related to your dream? Is this why it is Rat, not Boar." There in anxiousness in his voice. He may be a pioneer amongst Red Talons, but he is a Red Talon all the same, and the thought of the Weaver taking so much power burns at him. Luckily, there's nothing for him to do now, nothing for him to break, or smash, or fool that belongs to the Weaver.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I don't know," Hour Tales says as he listens, shocked about the recent revelations. "That said, historically fighting in cities has always required more of a hit and run strategy than all out attacks. What I'm worried about is what possibly could be causing this..."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

The sept breaks into many worried garou, all asking questions. Unfortunately Finds-Future-Hope does not have the answers they seek. This of course leads to infighting. The Red Talons have all hit red alert in outlook, and the Glass Walkers suddenly seem suspicious to many. However the Silver Fangs manage to keep order. Finally DuskSlayer takes the stage once more.
    "BROTHERS!!!" He yells, getting everyone's attention. "Enough! The elders shall move to a private council to discuss this announcement. While they are gone, THERE IS TO BE NO FIGHTING! Anyone who starts a fight will be whipped with a Silver Tipped lash. Go about your business. Gossip, discuss politics, trade Gifts. I care not, but be civil while you do it."

With that, the Elders retire to the Umbra to discuss the matters at hand. You are free once more to wander about, and talk to anyone.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-03-02 at 02:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #995

"I'm going to head to my tribe," Hour Tales says, feeling the suspicious gazes of non-pack Garou fall upon him nearby. "Just because they ordered no fighting doesn't mean it's going to happen. After all, I've been called a weaver-brain twice today already..."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws doesn't really know what to do. What does all this have to do with the two men at the park, the invincible guy who started all this, the Weaver spirits in the other park...

It made her head hurt.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Finding this all a little grim, Lifa headed off in search of someone willing to distract themselves by teaching her some rites. Or, alternative, a gift.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

Lifa quickly gets a consensus that there isn't enough time left in the night to teach a ritual, and she would be better off finding a spirit anyway.

Hour Tales approaches his tribe, and finds all of them worriedly talking among themselves. Eyes of the world is gone at the council, but he still recognizes Angel Avenges and Cyber-dives.

Soft paws is approached by Death Wish, eager to learn if she won the duel.

9. - Top - End - #999

"Angel, Cyber," Hour Tales says as he enters the tribe's area of the moot. "Eyes headed with the other elders?" he asks as he takes a seat on the ground. "Anyone have any trouble with the others yet?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yup, council of the elders." Cyber dives says, playing with a smart phone without looking up.
    "Other than looks like we're the wyrm itself, no trouble" Angel says grimly. She looks about like she's expecting it.

11. - Top - End - #1001

"I've been getting a few of those looks myself," Hour Tales says glumly.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well it was nice while it lasted at least" Angel adds, referring to her glory.

13. - Top - End - #1003

"I have a feeling that the real glory is to come," Hour Tales says, worried about the events about to happen.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Paws
    As she begins to discuss how she will repay Death Wish's favor, she is startled when a hand is placed on her shoulder. Spinning around, she finds Deep Fang standing behind her. He attention was too stretched to notice his approach.
    "How are you feeling? It appears all your wounds have been healed." He says awkwardly. He's clearly trying to show he still cares, but it sounds somewhat arrogant the way he says it.

Laughs
    As he rejoin the Red Talons, he finds himself surrounded by angry garou. They speak quietly, but it's clear a rage burns in their heart. The speak of the weaver growing in power out of control. And that the Glass Walkers are clearly helping it. The seem to be discussing whether to attack them now, or do it quietly when other garou cannot intervene. The general consensus is that they should do it now, a sign this is more anger and fear being misdirected than anything.

Lifa
    Mother wolf hears you wish to learn a new ritual. She happily finds you and asks what rituals Lifa would like to know.

Hour Tales
    An odd thing happens. It becomes very clear that the Red Talons are whispering amongst themselves. Most likely plotting to start something soon. Angel Avenges and Cyber-dives, two garou Hour Tales considers above him in standing, both look to him with a "what do you think we should do about this?"

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

"I feel like my entire world is over," Softpaws says with a succinctness that surprises even her. She turns back to the Get, "So, Sense Wyrm might save your life in days like these..."

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep Fang growls a bit. "You take your losses too deeply Cub. Victory in a duel is never more than 50/50."

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't ****ing call me cub, Deep Fang," Softpaws says, brushing the (homid?) hand from her shoulder. "And you almost killing me -- because you chose the one thing you knew you could do that I can't -- isn't even on my radar -- Gaia's ****ing world is ending in case you hadn't noticed and I just really need you out of my ****ing face forever because I am done with you. Now!" the metis turns again to Death Wish, "I will give you anything -- just name it."

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll stop calling you cub when you stop acting like one. There was never any danger for you. I know what I'm doing when it comes to klaives. The danger was always mine, against a unskilled cub who might swing wildly and get lucky. But regardless, you accepted my challenge. You could have backed down from a klaive duel. You knew the risk. But YOU didn't. YOU choose to continue. So stop trying to place the blame on me." Surprisingly the homid once more growls like he's still a wolf. "And if Gaia's world is in danger, we should face it together. You belong at my side. So it's time you swallow your pride."

Death Wish clearly doesn't want to be a part of this. She visibly has become uncomfortable. Which is odd, since she likely would enjoy watching Lifa in a similar position. "Well how about you help me find a spirit that will teach me Mother's Touch. I likely would need your convincing, and that way I could learn it much faster."

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

"**** off, you *******," Softpaws says dismissively, "I don't wanna get killed following you around."

"Yeah, but I know Mother's Touch so I can teach that to you no problem."

20. - Top - End - #1010

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Hour Tales
    An odd thing happens. It becomes very clear that the Red Talons are whispering amongst themselves. Most likely plotting to start something soon. Angel Avenges and Cyber-dives, two garou Hour Tales considers above him in standing, both look to him with a "what do you think we should do about this?"
    "We'll wait and see," Hour Tales whines softly. "They're up to something, but if there is fighting to be done, we will not be the ones that start it. Eyes and snout on them," he finishes.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Paws
    Rage Roll (5d10)[3][7][7][6][4](27)
    "So that's it? You lost a fair fight and are leaving me too now because of it?"

"No that wouldn't work. You must never have learned a gift from another Garou before. If you learn a gift from a spirit, it takes like an hour at most. Because spirits can just impart us with information. If you learn from a garou, or a fera if you're lucky enough, it takes days or even weeks. So its much simplier if you just help me convince a spirit to teach me."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-03-05 at 06:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs snickered. "Come now, brothers, sisters. Think a Glass Walker can change the will of Gaia? No, they are too weak to do such a thing, I have seen what they can do with my own eyes. If anything, their actions would be pushing the Caerns away from the city."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Hour Tales and Laughs at Blood

Both Hour Tales and Laughs at Blood do a decent job of keeping everybody calm. The glass walkers really just need somebody to stand behind, and with him trying to keep things peaceful it's pretty simple. The Red Talons however, want to start a fight. Laughs words make sense to the angry garou however, and they do find themselves calming down. Except for Raging Bear. When it's clear others aren't going to attack, he turns and begins walking towards the Glass Walkers. A look of rage is strong in his face.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, Deep Fang, there is nothing else that has lead to this decision of mine. Life sure must be hard for you. I wonder why all these bad things happen to you." Softpaws deadpans. Her near-death experience making her want to hurt him as much as he hurt her.

With the skills she has acquired as a teenage girl, Softpaws turns again to Death Wish, dismissing Deep Fang like he doesn't matter to her, "Oh, sure, I can help you with that. Cries Softly taught me the Gift, but we can hunt down a suitable spirit to make it faster." Her bright tone and lupine smile is a stark contrast to her demeanor with Deep Fang. It is a translucent ploy, and Softpaws is very poor at social manipulation, but she tries it anyway.

25. - Top - End - #1015

Hour Tales sees the Red Talon heading his way and steps up to him. "Nice to see you again," he begins to think for a bit before finally remembering the name, "Red Bear." Or not exactly... "Can I get you anything? You're more than welcome to be here."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

While the inter-tribal heat simmers, boils and almost comes to blows in the background, Lifa is standsingin front of the Mother woman, her arms folded, appearing rather unamused about what's going on. Softpaws brushing off her genuine words of concern had stung enough, now she could hear the bickering behind her centring around that deadbeat Deep Fang that just couldn't manage yet to just fuck off and die. None of it had anything to do with her, as far as Lifa was concerned, as she didn't even know half her packmates from a bar of soap.

"Spirits," Lifa said, her voice rather monotone, "I want to know how to summon spirits and, with their help, craft fetishes."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-06 at 12:12 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Paws
    She can tell that Deep Fang has left, as Death Wish seems less nervous. The two wander off into the umbra to find a bear or unicorn spirit. (Does anyone know how you find a spirit of something that doesn't exist?)

Roll Perception+survival

Hour Tales & Laughs
    Raging Bear opens his mouth to speak, realizes his slight, and then closes it and punches Hour Tales for calling him Red Bear.
    (7d10)[3][9][2][6][8][2][3](33)
    Damage (4d10)[2][4][9][10](25)
    He punch's Hour Tales for six bashing damage before soaking.

Lifa
    If it's a 5 or higher, she knows the rite. (1d10)[6](6)
    She knows the rite and begins teaching Lifa.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-03-06 at 04:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

(8d10)[9][8][9][10][9][2][7][6](60)
    Lupus form for easy perception

29. - Top - End - #1019

"Hey," Hour Tales growls out as Raging Bear punches him. "What the hell is that about?"

(4d10)[1][6][9][3](19)

[spoiler]Heh, didn't want to automatically know his name and my eyes fell on an ad for the Flames of War sourcebook of the same name.[/color]

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

"Raging Bear!" Laughs's shout was more a call of surprise than a threat. He tries to jump in the way. "You wouldn't strike this pretty face, would you Raging?"

He offered a wide, ugly grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dexterity + Athletics to try to get in between them

[rollv[6d10[/rollv]